[PP-F4] Usurper's Reign. (Grandmaster) (Emerath)

Flints watched Emerath carefully, his eyes looked tired and his spirit worn. She tensed as his hand brushed across her chest but then relaxed as she gave him a slightly confused stare. As he spoke she felt her eyes water, she wasn't sure how to feel. She felt bad for everything she did to the brothers, for crashing through their lives and earning their trust only to stomp on it in the end. To stomp on Emerath, who took so long to trust her. Her grand mastering had suddenly become a fight for her friendship. A fight for one of the very few people she knew in Aincrad. He didn't need her. The last thing he needed was her. Flints met Emerath's eyes only briefly, holding his gaze long enough to tell speak tenderly. "I'm not going to leave you. Not in this state. It's my fault our friendship is in ruins. It's my fault you are nothing more than a hollow shell of your former self. I will see to it that you make it out of here Eru. I want you to get stronger." Flints pulled away from his grasp when she finished speaking and leaned completely back on the stones, looking up at the sky as the snow drizzled down on them. Her heart was beating quickly and once again she felt alone in starglade. Antillan let out a small whine bringing her back to earth. "I'm learning slowly to trust...it's taken quite a bit of time, but every day I'm being taught that distance of any kind isn't a bad thing when you love someone. I couldn't grasp that concept when I first came here...when I was with Endilix. My mind constantly ran a muck. And I had no one to blame but myself." Kita shifted her weight and folded a leg beneath herself as she continued to speak. "love is a hell of a thing." She gave a soft smile to the man before closing her eyes tightly. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerath watched Flints, and her warmth moved away from him as she leaned back against the stones. Emerath was a bit confused, as he sat up in front of her. She said she wouldn't leave, and that was good enough for Emerath. A small part of him still trusted Flints, still wanted to believe that she was still who she used to be. Emerath brought his hand back to the back of her neck, and slowly, as he stared at her, he pressed his forehead against hers. He never broke his gaze, and his fingers dug their way into her hair, a feeling he had never actually allowed himself to feel with her. Contact with Flints was a foreign, and yet exciting thing for Emerath. Slowly, tears began to roll down Emerath's face as he let loose the emotions that he had been feeling. Not just in this moment, but for a very long time.

"Love is a hell of a thing, Kita," he said through the tears. His fingers grasped her hair, as he held her tight against his forehead. Emerath never wanted to let her go again. "To be honest, not even Endilix knew what he had in you. Nobody did. I always wanted to believe that your home was with me. The times we shared, training in Martial Arts, looking for our familiars, even showing off for each other against the Avalanche... When I looked at you I saw home. I saw family. I meant what I said, when I said I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you in that cave. I meant everything."

Flints stayed with the back of her head against the stone, her eyes closed as she felt a looming shadow approach her and a sudden pressure against her neck and forehead. Flints opened her eyes with a snap and gave a small, confused snarl as her face reddened. His emerald eyes locked tightly on her now darting jade green ones. She felt the hair on the back of her neck bristle as her heart raced and she tried her best to calm herself without giving away her panic. 

Trying to collect the pieces of herself flints spoke softly. "We have come very far together in this world. I tried my best to stay close to your brother." Flints quickly looked down at the the ring upon her finger and gave a small grin before clasping her hands together "but obviously I'm a wild spirit." She jested before clearing her throat. And considering what he was saying. It didn't fully register, flints mind went blank with static as her eyes grew wide in confusion; she was hearing everything he was saying but some how not understanding it. Her pulse began to rise again and she felt crowded. "Eru...I..." Her words caught in her throat. As the world became fuzzy, Emerath was phasing in and out of her vision as she tried her best to focus on him but ended up staring at him with her mouth agape And her mind still blank. "You...y-you look an a-awful lot like E-Endilix." She looked back down at her hands before sighing in defeat. "I've caused so much trouble..." Flints' mind was lost. She couldn't keep a straight thought for the life of her and wished this was as simple as it was at home; whining and reaching for things and Tristan automatically knowing what she needed/wanted. But this wasn't home. And dispite her loss for words whining and reaching would get her nowhere. 

Emerath continued to stare into her eyes, before pulling away slightly, and bringing his hand around to her chin, holding her gaze to his own. His other hand found hers, and grasped them tightly as she wrung her hands together. "Kita. Kita, stay with me. It's me, Emerath." He gave her a smile and did his best to hold her gaze to his. "You came to me, and now all I feel like is you want to run away again." Emerath sighed a bit, searching for something in her eyes. The old Flints. The one who used to look at Emerath in such a way as to make his heart stop. "You are a beautifully wild spirit. One that I'd like to see run free again. And this time I'd like to run beside you." Emerath's smile grew a bit weary, "You never should have trapped that spirit in something you didn't fully understand. Not even Endilix had ever tried to cage you." Emerath's thumb brushed Flints' cheek, "Run free again, Kita. Quit relying on anyone but yourself, and run free."

Edited by Emerath

Flints eyes focused on Emerath's long enough to realize the same closeness she had brought to him was suddenly upon her, and she couldn't handle it. What was he trying to tell her? What was he getting at? Her mind couldn't process all that was the red headed man. She tried to focus but couldn't. A gentle shake of her head freed her from his touch as she looked a little hurt from his words.The only words that were processed. Of course it was the ones she took offensive from. "What do you mean I don't fully understand? What's not to understand? I felt something that no one else could make me feel, and despite the lavish gifts; its the closeness I adore. All of my worries and burdens are now shared. Everything I do isn't only my actions. They reflect him as well." Flints felt herself blush deeply at all the thoughts she had and met his eyes briefly. "I've always been free. I found someone that keeps up with me. And shows me that running isn't all I can do. I'm capable of so much more! And so are you Eru.." Flints stood quickly, disturbing Antillian's nap and the little bubble Emerath had built around her. "I have a lot of courage that I never thought I would have. And with this I want to survive this silly game." Flints extended her hand as shaky as it was from her current state and smiled down at him. "Promise me tomorrow we can go out and kill things? Or else I'll just hide away and nap all day." 

Emerath stared at Flints, her demeanor had become that of some blushing maiden. That wasn't the Flints that Emerath knew. His eyes narrowed. He had seen her, if only for a moment. He had seen her fire again, but she was too busy losing herself in some fantasy. Emerath didn't understand what had happened to her, but he wanted the old wildfire back. And he would do anything to make that happen. Emerath slowly rose to face her. He scowled and folded his arms. His foot tapped impatiently as she made mention of going out and killing things. He rolled his eyes and gave a sigh as he said, "Kill things, huh? Honestly Kita, when we met, you could barely even take a punch." He gave a chuckle and shook his head, before rubbing the bridge of his nose, "You say you're a Grandmaster, but why are you a Grandmaster? Because of your own hard work and dedication, or because you hid behind someone else? The latter isn't the Kita I knew. The Kita who stood up to me when we first met and nearly died for it." Emerath turned away from her, and began to walk out of the Starglade, before he stopped and said, without looking back, "You came here to save me from my own depression and loneliness. All you did was make me hate who you've become. You want to show me you're a Grandmaster? It's going to take a helluva lot more than killing things. Show me your fire again Kita. Your fire, and not anyone else's. And then I'll believe you to be a Grandmaster."

Edited by Emerath

Flints felt her breath catch in surpise as Emerath rose without her help and seemed to be angry at her. She dropped her hand and cocked her head but before she could speak he spewed his rant towards her. She felt her blood began to boil as she tried her best to calm herself, to think of Tristan and everything else she had going for her. But she was too far gone, Emerath had awoken some beast from inside her. Flints snarled at him and felt her hands began to glow brightly with her sword art, it built and built until he walked away from her, not even giving her a chance to defend herself. Flints could feel Antillan bristling at her side as she shot foward towards Emerath and quickly summoned her Abbadon Claws, instead of dancing into a beautiful show of quick slices into him she brutishly thrusted her claws into his body and forced all of her power into him. For the short seconds they were close to eachother she breathed in his sweet scent and grinned. "I'll tell you just as I told your brother. I'm no kitten, you fool." 

Additional Notes: 

ID: 51590

BD: 9

Sword Art activated: Shadow Dance (4x2) 

8x6=48 Dmg  -8 Ep 

Flints: 88Hp/ 22~>14 Ep/ H:0

Emerath: 64~>16Hp/ 16Ep/ H:0

Emerath hadn't actually turned back to look at Flints. But he knew what would happen. He supposed it was his saving grace that pain was dulled by the game's sensors, otherwise the claws driving into him probably would've, well, hurt. Emerath coughed as he looked down to see that she had pierced his virtual body, with the red, pixelated holes showing the damage. Emerath coughed again, and then the coughing turned to laughter. The laughter was quiet, and then it built, as he stumbled forward and away from her claws, dragging his body off of the virtual metal. He watched as the red holes slowly faded away, his HP bar dropped drastically into the red, and he stumbled forward a bit more, holding his stomach. The laughter continued, until he was doubled over, laughing like a madman.

Moments passed, before he finally managed to stifle the laughs and spun around to Flints. His eyes were ablaze as he stared at her, "Yes! That's the Kita I know!" Emerath pulled out one of his Greater Red Heart potions and quickly took it to his mouth, draining the liquid and replenishing some of his HP bar, before pounding his chest and saying, "Show me that fire! Show me you are TRULY a Grandmaster!" Emerath put up his fists. He could very well die this day. But he'd die at the hands of the woman he had tried so hard to help survive. And he'd die knowing that she was capable of doing so.

Additional Notes:

• Emerath: 16/64 -> 36/64
    • EP: 16/16
    • -1 Greater Red Heart from Inventory
  • Flints: 88/88
    • EP: 14/22

Flints growled more at the man who had no words other than to laugh at the searing wound she left. He turned to her and laughed at her attack. He was laughing at her. Laughing at everything she had become. At least it's what it felt like. She was seeing red. She could feel Antillian at her side whining and trying his hardest not to be a part of this fight. She stomped the ground as Emerath turned to her and quickly took the chance once his fists were raised to attack him again, she aimed to punch him hard him the jaw, attempting to get him down onto the ground but failing miserably. "My fire had never left! Eru you fool!!!" She cried out to him, her eyes watered yet she didn't hold back, her emotions quickly got the better of her and she missed her mark but recovered quickly. she held her body taught and flexed her claws. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stand down..." Flints body shook and shivered from the heavy dosage of adrenaline that pumped through her veins. This was it. The challange she had wanted finally arrived. She let out a small click from her tongue and summoned Antillian who released a somber howl onto starglade. 

Additional Notes: 

ID: 51599

BD: 2+2=4 (Failure) 

CD: 12 +2 Ep 

Flints: 88Hp| 14Ep| H:0

Emerath: 36Hp| 16Ep| H:0

Edited by Flints

Emerath saw the blow coming and deftly dodged out of the way, watching as the metal claws whizzed past his face. He could feel the wind from the blow, and almost imagined that if it had connected she might've managed to cause some pretty serious damage. He took a step back, and pulled another Greater Red Heart from his pack, quickly drinking it and throwing the bottle away to explode into pixels on the ground nearby. He smiled at her, his fists ready once again as he said, "C'mon Kita! I want to see a Grandmaster!" His ears rang as Antillian howled, and he couldn't help but give another light chuckle under his breath. What am I doing, exactly? She's going to kill me, he thought to himself. But simply shook his head, and took a defensive posture. "If you're going to end it, Kita, then end it. Goodness knows I deserve it for what I almost did to you. If you're a Grandmaster, then break free of your chains. Break free of me and everything else. Don't let anything hold you back. I have faith in you Kita."

Additional Notes:

• Emerath: 36/64 -> 56/64
    • EP: 16/16
    • -1 Greater Red Heart from Inventory
  • Flints: 88/88
    • EP: 14/22

Flints watched as Emerath danced around her with ease. She had enough of his nonsense. Her whole body began to glow brightly as she charged for him again, Antillian weaving throughout her legs stoping just short of her impact to avoid any backlash. She used her left hand to catch his skin and clothes in the iron claws which clamped onto his skin like a bear trap. with her right she struck him twice in his solar plexus quickly and once in the face to keep him from rising again. Her breath was ragid as she tried to released him but at the same time she held onto his clothing tightly. Her eyes were filled with the rage he caused. She wasn't sure what to do, she could no longer see. Her seething rage had filled her body with energy and just like that it was all gone. Her heart ached. She didn't want to admit how good it felt to dig her claws into the flesh of another player. To prove herself.

Flints released emerath and fell to the floor. Her eyes glassed over as she became an odd state of catatonic. Her gaze stuck outwardly Into the forest that surrounded them, not actually focused on anything as her breathing settled. "I'm a monster..." Flints whispered. She wasn't sure if she killed him or not. She couldn't process anything anymore. Her pulse was the only thing she could hear and feel. 

Additional Notes:

ID: 51602

BD: 4+2=6 (Success)   -6 Ep

Sword Art Activated: Pinpoint Distruction ( 3x2) 

6•(5+4)= 54 Dmg!

Flints: 88Hp| 14~>8Ep| H:0

Emerath: 56~>2Hp| 16Ep| H:0

Emerath had made his best attempt to block. To hold up his fists and to push her attacks away, but it did little good. She had beaten his block, pushed through his defense, and before he knew it he was punctured in some of the most deadly places. If this hadn't been a game, Emerath would simply be dead. The onslaught was without mercy. He had awoken the beast he had wanted to see. And as he watched his HP bar drain with horror, Emerath was certain that he was dead. And just like that, Flints was done. She released him, halted her attack, and sank to the floor with a thousand yard stare. Both parties were certain that Emerath was dead.

Slowly, Emerath fell to his knees in front of her, her gaze far away from his, as he took in the sight of the woman he cared so much about for what could be the last time. As his HP continued to drop, registering the blows she had caused, Emerath slowly fell forward, his head coming to rest on Flints' shoulder, the rest of his body limp as he leaned on her. Emerath closed his eyes, and tears began to flow freely as he waited for the inevitable moment that he exploded into pixels and it was all over. He'd face whatever waited on the other side.

But after an eternity, nothing happened. He just leaned against her crying, and she just stared off into the distance. Slowly, tentatively, Emerath opened his eyes and looked at his health. 2 HP... he thought, as he looked at the sliver of red that remained. Emerath chuckled a bit, and then began to cough against her shoulder. When it finally subsided, Emerath managed to whisper, "I suppose a true Grandmaster knows how to hold back just enough to not kill someone they care about..."

Additional Notes:

• Out Of Combat HP Regen: 2/64 -> 5/64
Edited by Emerath

Flints' eyes glassed over. A process she had seen many times in scared creatures and most of all, in scared humans; those who had given up hope of living or who never had hope to begin with. Those who no longer had any faith in themselves and the world. This was her. The pulse of her blood shoving through her veins never left her ears. the odd forced, slosh that ebbed and returned more furious than the beat before and became worse with each beat of her heart after. She was oddly aware of her body all of a sudden, she was heavy and worn. She could feel the unique iron that her claws were made of tighten on her fists with each pulse, the pain was enough to send her into another frenzy to calm the burn it gave her skin. But lastly she was hyper aware of Emerath but only his lack of movement. his body that laid limply against her own. She couldnt hear his breath. Or his pulse. She couldn't feel his warmth and the only smell that filled her nostrils was the scent of slaughter. The air was laden with a thick metallic scent, so overpowering it made the stomach knot with every inhale. It was so real..it was too surreal. She was a killer. 

Flints' rigid body became more statuesque when she heard a familiar voice travel up against her skin and to her ears, it took a while to register. But once it did her eyes widened and she choked, as if she had been submerged in water this whole time and just as quickly as she had choked, her arms wrapped around the limp player and squeezed. Her claws even dug into the soft flesh beneath them but she couldn't let go. She wouldn't let go. 

Emerath gave a bit of a squeak as he was suddenly hugged by the woman he leaned against. His tears had stained her shoulder, and he tried to breathe in, but her grasp was tight. Tighter than he ever would have expected. Not to mention the claws. He gave a bit of a pained chuckle as he said, "C-careful Kita. Don't squeeze too hard, or you'll knock off the remaining bit of HP I have left..." He looked up at her though, and slowly his arms wrapped around hers as he found control of his body once again. He was still alive, at least for the moment. Whether or not she would still kill him was another story. But for this moment, he would be alive. He closed his eyes and buried his face in her shoulder, hugging her just as tightly as she was him.

Additional Notes:

• Out Of Combat HP Regen: 5/64 -> 8/64
Edited by Emerath

Flints felt herself start to hyperventilate, with each quick breath her head became more light and her world became dim. But she held on and nuzzled the red headed man. He body shook with fear as she buried him against her and rubbed his back. Until now she had never really..touched Emerath. He certainly wasn't Endlix. And he definitely wasn't Tristan. His frame was thin and almost frail. His natural scent was faint beneath all the metallic smells but it was sweet yet strong. Like flowers...like roses. Flints could feel the light rise of his chest against her own and the faint beating of his heart. "Oh no..." She quickly scooped him up and carried him up and out of starglade, running as quickly as she could to town, Antillian running along side her and whining loudly in confusion. She didn't care for the backlash. She didn't want to think of anything other than keeping him safe. He wouldn't forgive her. No one would. She cared not for the game nor the players, nearly losing her mind made what little logical thoughts she had non existent as she rushed him to not his shop, but to the door right next to it and quickly kicked it open. 

Edited by Flints

Emerath had felt the exhaustion of the events suddenly seep into his body. It had been quite a while since he had actively done anything, and fatigue was something he hadn't experienced in quite a while. He had even started to drift off in the comfort of Flints' arms, though that didn't last long. He was hefted bodily into her arms as she scooped him up and carried him off. He wasn't about to argue. He was too tired, and to be honest, he was actually rather okay with being carried by her. He gave a weak smile up at her, and he was expecting her to take him to his shop. He could start a fire while his HP regened and after a while he'd fall asleep in his chair like always. All in all, despite the excitement, today had been a good day.

But then Flints kicked open the door to not his shop, but Endilix's. Emerath looked at her a bit confused, and as Flints looked around wildly for what he assumed was his brother, Emerath reached up at her, and stroked her cheek to try to bring her attention to him. Slowly, he said, "Kita. He isn't here. He hasn't been for a long time..." Emerath sighed and looked into the shop. "He sends me messages occasionally, from out in the world. But he has been training. Training to find you. To fight on the Frontlines. He never gave up on you. But neither of us ever expected you to come back. Especially not to me." Emerath looked back to Flints, and found her eyes with his. "To be honest, I never gave up either, despite what it may seem. We each just fight in our own ways. Me, mentally and strategically, and him, physically and with battle prowess. We would, and still will, fight to the ends of the earth to find you. Especially when we wake up from this nightmare."

Emerath continued to stroke Flints' cheek as he continued a little more, "The only reason we knew you were still alive, is because our Friend's Lists told us so. But you just... abandoned us. We would have done anything and everything to get you back. As you can see, even if that means my death." Emerath gave a light chuckle, and closed his eyes leaning his head against her shoulder again with a smile.

Additional Notes:

• Out Of Combat HP Regen: 8/64 -> 11/64
Edited by Emerath

Flints entered the bar, the rough kick she gave the door was enough to shed light on the dim room, no lights were on and it was emptier than she imagined. the sight she was hoping for didn't exist. He wasn't there. He couldn't solve her problem. Flints didn't look down at Emerath for a while. It was as if she forgot he existed. As if she forgot he was the reason she ran all the way here. She kept her eyes locked on the couch for whatever reason she longed to see him curled up there. Asleep with another woman in his arms. Annoyed by her presence. Annoyed by her and Emerath intruding on his lovers nest. Her eyes dimmed and Emerath's words barely made it through, it was as if he was speaking through a tunnel, whispering in hopes of his faint words reaching her ears. She didn't release him. But she didn't hold him either. The little fight she had left, the little piece of her that was left that tried to put his family back together was gone. Her eyes eventually settled on the man who stroked her cheek. But no words escaped from her lips. Her body stayed taught as she searched his eyes briefly. Trying to find the answer within him with but to no avail.

Eventually her actions came back to mind. The fact that she was the reason he was curled up in her arms. The reason his breathing was shallow. She almost killed him. She was a monster. No one was safe. She had the capacity to strike down Emerath and nearly kill him. But why didn't she kill him? Was she really that insane? Did she enjoy his agony..? Flints felt her face contort into a snarl, more at actions than anything else and realized that she couldn't protect this man. She couldn't keep him or anyone else safe from her brutish behavior. Everyone she knew was in danger. She had to keep them all safe at all cost. 

Edited by Flints

Emerath had been expecting her to respond in kind to his words, to say that him and his brother were silly for doing what they were doing, to which Emerath would have said, "Yes, but we care." But no such response came. Nothing came. Slowly Emerath's eyes opened as he looked up at the woman he was nuzzled against in her arms. The closeness was gone as he felt her grip loosen, and Emerath slowly slid from her hands to find his footing on the floor. He was a bit unsteady, as he kept a hand on Flints' shoulder and looked at her as he steadied himself. "Kita? Kita, are you okay?" he asked as he watched her distant gaze. Suddenly her face contorted into an angry snarl, and he blinked at her, a worried frown forming across his own face. "Kita, stay with me." He put his other hand on her other shoulder, and stood in front of her, looking her dead in the eyes, willing her with his own stare to return to him. "Kita, it's okay. I'm still alive. Talk to me, please."

Flints stared off. Still lost. She knew she was right next to Emerath. That didn't change. But things felt..different. She felt trapped. The bar they resided in suddenly became more stuffy, smaller and she was almost certain it reaked of stale beer and spirits and the underlying musty-metallic scent never left her nose. Her gaze was eventually caught by Emerath who had a look of concern on his face. Was it concern? "Is this what worried humans look like..?" Flints mumbled something intelligible to Emerath and pulled up her HUD, gently prodding at her messages and showing him she had promised to meet her husband sometime that day. This day..? She didn't speak and didn't focus on either Emerath or the sickly sweet messages between the two newlyweds she had typed up only hours ago. Or was it days? Her eyes stayed frozen in place, the lack of blinking made them water and sting. "Odd how life like this world feels" She thought to herself, but continued to be unsure of the thoughts themselves that suddenly felt like they weren't thoughts at all, just actions all demanding attention at once.

"Kita I'm still alive. Talk to me please.."  

Flints pupils constricted as she tried to focus on the bright light that was Emerath. She slowly reached up and gently stroked his cheek with her fingertips. The long nails gently raked his skin as she moved slowly down his cheek and to his neck. She pressed to him and licked her lips, her eyes focused on his pulse. She leaned in, lips lightly touching his ear before she spoke. "Are you really alive, Emerath..?" Her small bell-like chuckle chimed lightly in his ear before she pulled away and sighed, eyes on his own. "I'm more alive than I ever have been.." Her voice became monotone as she turned away from him and denied his arm on her shoulder. She began to walk lightly, her steps graceful enough to be considered gliding. She made her way to the door of the bar. Ignoring her mind. Ignoring the world. 

Endilix stared at his door for a bit, a bit in awe at the force with which it appeared to have been kicked in. He heard voices. Mostly his brother. And he had heard a name, a name he hadn't heard in a long time.

Slowly, Endilix pushed open the door to his bar, staring at the woman who was preparing to leave it. He blinked, rubbed his eyes, and then stared a bit more. She seemed to be distant, not altogether there. But it was still her. "Kita...." he started, a frown forming out of confusion, "...did you... break the lock to my bar?" He crossed his arms and his brow furrowed as he looked at her, the plates of his armor shifting to accommodate the movement. "You're going to pay for that, right? Please tell me you're not seriously about to walk out of my bar, when I'm not even here, and go do goodness knows what, without paying me for my broken lock."

Endilix tapped his foot impatiently, "Also, you can't even write once in a while? We live in a video game with magical holographic menus and email, and you can't even say hi. Seriously? Look, I'll call it even, just turn around and I'll pour us all a drink. Also, you and Emerath had better not have been doing anything funny in my bar. He has his own shop for that." Endilix made a motion to indicate that Flints should turn around and head back inside with his hand, before returning to his arms crossed position and blocking the doorway from exit.