[PP-F4] Usurper's Reign. (Grandmaster) (Emerath)

Flints eyes were settled on the doorway where it was almost completely blocked out by a fully armored man. She searched his face and body carefully before settling on his eyes. It stung her like a bad scratch to the cheek as she turned slightly, feeling trapped. She gave a small gasp and within her exhale she muttered, "Dael..." His defensive posture confused her, but she couldn't blame him. She did break into his home. 

Flints hung her head in defeat for only a second. Before releasing a small growl at him. "Stay away from me Dael! I'm...I'm dangerous..." She felt her voice crack as she attempted to skirt around him. She wanted to leave without any confrontation but his words caused a burning in her cheeks that she couldn't deny. "I would never lay with your brother where I laid with you!" She hissed. A little more defensive of his joking that she meant to be. The whirlwind of emotions that filled her was hard to control. But thankfully she gained a little bit of herself from his sudden return. she longed to run up to him and hug him. Just as she felt the same for Emerath. But for some reason it was different. There was no denying her missing him. Her eyes moved from his own to his brother and back to the ground. Her heart raced as she felt herself redden more and more still pondering his words. "I...I'm sorry...about your door..." Flints stayed frozen in place. Not really sure how to handle the situation. He was so nonchalant about everything. "How dare he." She thought the herself. "All this time. All that time I spent tearing myself up. For..." her brow furrowed as her thoughts went between Endilix's apperence and his quips about her and his brother.

"how dare he.." She thought again. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endilix relaxed as he saw Flints' distant reaction come back to earth. He chuckled a bit when she growled at him and tried to claim that she was dangerous. He shook his head and said, "Yes, Kita. You are dangerous, and you always have been. I would expect no less from you." Endilix took a step forward, "In fact, you're so dangerous that you once tried to kill me in a safe zone. So dangerous that my brother almost killed you out of fear for me. So dangerous that you left, and upon your return probably were goaded into doing something silly by Emerath, because he never wanted to admit that he missed you." Endilix smiled, as he took another step towards her, bridging the gap between himself and Flints until he was right in front of her, before putting his arms around her. "Well, I'll admit it for both of us. I missed you Kita. Next time, send me a message. I'll always be there." His embrace was tight, but not so much so that she couldn't leave it if she truly wished to not be a part of it. "It's good to see you again, sweetheart. Don't worry about the lock. Just, next time, use the key. I know you still have it."

Flints felt her eyes began to water as Endilix spoke more. He didn't seem mad anymore, he spoke confidently and walked up to her. her mind shot off a mile a minute before his arms went around her, she tensed slightly but felt the tears she held back suddenly flood her, they dripped down her cheeks and onto his armor as she wrapped her arms around him and pressed against him. Burying her face against his neck she gave a little gasp as she inhaled his scent and squeezes him tighter. The was all she wanted. She wanted to know Endilix didn't harbor any bad blood towards her and his attitude proved it all. Between small wimpers against the man she whispered into him. "He didn't goad me into anything...I almost killed him...and I carried him back but you weren't here..he's so light and soft..." She choked against Endilix whilst nuzzling him affectionately. "Key...?" She stopped and thought about it for a second before tensing and clearing her throat. "Oh yeah..."   

Edited by Flints

Endilix had a melancholy smile, as his fingers brushed through Flints' hair. He had forgotten what it was like to hold her in his arms, it had been so long. But yet, it was familiar as the last time he had done it. He held her close to let her emotions flow freely, and despite himself, he shed a few tears of his own. When she admitted that she had almost killed Emerath, he couldn't help but chuckle, wiping away his tears with his free hand and returning it to his embrace. "See? Told you, something silly. Besides, that's only fair. He did almost kill you once."

Slowly, Endilix cupped her chin in his hand and pulled her face up to look at him. "Kita. I just need to know one thing. After all this time, I've never known why you left. And I had promised myself that I would ask when I saw you." His emerald eyes stared into hers, looking for an answer that might not even be there. Her eyes were still wet, and he wiped away a tear with the thumb of his hand cupping her chin. "If I never see you again, hear from you again after today, my dangerous, wild woman. At least let me have closure."

Flints continued to hide against the man. Taking him in for all that he was for the short moments that she could. When he said it was only fair she felt her cheeks redden as she turned to Emerath and hissed "he did try to kill me..." 

Flints could feel Endilix shift against her and she whined for him not to, as he lifted her face to look up at him she gave a sheepish smile, her cheeks stained with tears and her eyes red, making the deep green stand out against its red backdrop. She coughed a little and tried to look down out of respect but ended up just coughing and staring at him. She blinked a few times taking in what he said and tried her best to word it for him. This is what she had been wanting after all. 

"I met a man... And I couldn't handle the immense amount of feelings I harbored for both you and him. I couldn't let him go either.." She glanced down at her ring and felt her heart ache. She assumed Emerath had told Endilix why she left. But seeing him today proved he didn't. She leaned into his hand and closed her eyes not knowing what would happen. Her heart began to race as she closed her eyes tightly. "This whole time I feared telling you the truth. I ran away from home..." She felt her voice crack as she quickly went back to hiding against the man. Not knowing how long this closeness would last. Not knowing what Emerath who think of her.

She truely was a monster. Playing with everyone's emotions. This was no game. This was life. She had to grasp that quickly before it drove her any more insane than she already was. "I ran off and got married." She stated bluntly and released him from her grasp. if he chose to pull away, he could. 

Endilix stared at Flints for a long moment, processing what she had said. His eyes continued to search hers, looking for any indication that her words were not true. Finally, Endilix began to laugh. It was low at first, but then it turned into a guttural howl of laughter as the words sank in. "You. Kita. The wild woman who I had to fight just to even get to stay the night. You? Got married?" Endilix released her only enough to look at her hand, verifying the ring. "Yup. That's a ring. Wow." He looked back to her, his eyes a mixture of confusion and disbelief, beaten only by the unexpectedness of the situation.

Endilix shook his head, and leaned closer to her, "You know, if I had ever thought you'd actually agree to marriage, I would've asked you ages ago. If there was anyone on this planet I would've been likely to marry, it would've been you. Just ask Emerath." Endilix gestured to his brother, "He'd tell you first hand that no other woman has stayed in my life for longer than, what, a week? Romantically, of course. And you stayed for a year!" Endilix held onto Flints loosely, but didn't pull away from her either, as he continued to look down at her. "You know, I know what it's like to love multiple people. So does Emerath. I think everyone has been there once or twice in their life." Finally, Endilix sighed and pulled her into another embrace. He still loved this woman, damn it all, even if she was silly. "Next time, talk to me. Send me a message if you don't want to see my ugly mug. But just... talk to me. Before doing something crazy like getting married to someone. Even me. I mean, the least you could've done was give me a goodbye kiss. I rather liked those."

The release of their closeness had flints looking up at Endilix trying to gauge his reaction, but when she was met with a laugh then him grabbing at her hand to view the ring it was adorn with she felt herself become a hot mess. She looked away from him as he laughed and left him view her hand before lightly tugging It away. 

"You always took my fiesty nature as not wanting to settle down or anything do that nature and it turns out...I'm quite a sucker for those sorts of things. More than I would actually like to admit...and what do you mean you had to fight me!!! I gladly stayed!!!!" She cleared her throat and tried to calm the burning in her cheeks only to have it be fueled more at his quick confession at wanting to have married her as well. "W-what,..I u-uh..." She pulled away more and her gaze turned to Emerath only to have the world wizz by her as she was pulled back into another hug. Flints let go a whine into his throat and she nuzzled it and breathed lightly, drinking in his scent. She pulled away again as he spoke only to look him in the eyes. Her brow furrowed for only a second as she pulled him down and pressed her lips to his and held the kiss for a few seconds, her hand placed lightly against his cheek, framing his face but having enough give for him to be able to pull back. She let him go and a wicked grin spread across her face as she looked to the door. "I'll make sure to message both of you constantly. I'll wake you both up in the middle of the night only to tell you I'm hungry. As usual! She giggled and looked down. "I have to head home soon. Promise me we will meet again? I want to go on missions with both of you. Separately would be best since you both try harder that way anyways." She smirked. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix was more than a little surprised at Flints' reaction. It was something that yes, he would have liked, but hardly expected. He held the kiss for as long as she did, and when she pulled away he couldn't help but smile back at her. Kissing her was as familiar as he had expected it to be, should it had ever happened again, and he was glad to know that it had. He listened to her for a moment, before his smile grew a bit wider and he raised an eyebrow at her mention of home. "Home, huh? Well, it's a good thing you came back, because you are home, sweetheart. Really though, you can't expect to just kick in my door and not have a drink. Doesn't have to be alcoholic, though I wouldn't deny it." He pulled her to him again, giving her a kiss on the forehead and then releasing her from their embrace. He began to walk towards his bar, and opened up his equipment menu to unequip his armor and switch it out with his cooking apron. In a flash the brown, bulky armor was gone, and Endilix looked like a basic chef. "But, if you choose to leave, I won't begrudge you any. Just keep in mind that you'll have to keep up with me if you see me again. I'm working to become a knight you know. Specifically, a white knight. The White Knight." Endilix chuckled, as he grabbed a rag and idly wiped dust from his bar's countertop. He smiled as he did, thinking of all the times that him and Flints had sat at this bar together. A memory that could be renewed today if she chose.

"You're what, a Grandmaster now? I'd believe it if you said so. You've had a few months. I couldn't imagine you just sitting around doing nothing. But you'll still have to keep up, Grandmaster or no." He looked up at Flints with a smirk and leaned over his bar. "So, what'll it be?"

Flints allowed Endilix to pull away as she looked up into his eyes and felt herself redden at his reaction. There he was, grinning at her like the goofball he was, happy from their sweet exchange. She moved back once she realized how close they were to eachother as her eyes slowly shifted to Emerath. From everything that happened recently between the two she couldn't help but wonder how he felt about how quickly her mood changed. Did he hate her for it? She wasn't even sure why she...why she was so okay with all that had just happened. She missed Endilix more than she had imagined. And most of all she was glad he seemed to be himself. She was still worried by her thoughts that had finally stopped plauging her. Why did they stop so suddenly? Was it because of Endilix?

Flints was awoken from her thoughts by a kiss to the forehead. To which she gave a little growl. "Hey now! I do have another wonderful home that I've been missing from for a day or two now." She grinned at Endilix's quick words as she followed him around, not forgetting Emerath she hooked her arm around his waist and forced him to follow. "I'm not leaving. Not for good that is. I will leave to go home and rest. Today has been pretty...stressful. You know how I get when disappear too long. I come home....antsy." Flints stared at Endilix as he talked of his future plans in game. She couldn't help but smile at his words. His voice. The strong gestures he made showed just how passionate he had become over the matter. "I think you would make a great white knight. But..why a white knight? Anyways. I'll help you along. I like your company that hasn't changed." When the subject switched over to matters of her own she once again tried to hide. "Well...I did a lot of sleeping. And one day remembered I wanted to be strong so here I am! Actually, oddly enough I dragged Emerath along with me and out of his miserable little hut to help me grandmaster. We ended up fighting and here we are now!" She giggled and raised her arms up to gesture at Endilix's bar. "And I would like apple juice. I haven't had apple juice in ages....unless you want to fill me with spirits. But that will cost you your safety." Flints purred innocently. 

Edited by Flints

Emerath's emotions were chaotic, ranging from surprise at his brother's presence, to sadness from watching the heartfelt reunion, to annoyance that Flints was so much happier to see Endilix than she had ever seemed to be to see him. He couldn't help but pout as he thought about the fact that all of this wouldn't even have been happening without him, and he wanted to scream in anger as he watched Flints give Endilix a kiss. It was almost as if nothing had changed. Though Emerath knew it had, and he seemed to be the only one willing to accept that.

His emotional turmoil was quelled a bit as Flints grabbed him by the waist and began to drag him around. He wasn't about to argue, though he felt no need to add to their conversation at hand. He simply followed, his thoughts a raging hurricane in his head. He kept thinking of his position compared to his brother's, what he did differently, and what he did wrong. But Endilix was just Endilix, and Emerath was just Emerath. Why, then, did Emerarh always seem to be on the losing end of things? Emerath sighed, and watched his brother, hoping to find his answer in Endilix's actions. But nothing came. Emerath simply watched, and waited. As he always did.

Endilix liked the idea of giving Flints alcohol, though he could see how that could be dangerous. And while Endilix was not averse to the danger, he did think that drinking could wait. Now was a time for catching up and reminiscing. He continued to wipe down the bar and motioned for the pair on the other side to take a seat as he turned to the shelves behind him.

In a practiced, fluid motion, Endilix grabbed three glasses, and placed three coasters on the bar with a glass to match. He gave a light bow and hurried to the back where he grabbed a bottle of chilled apple juice from his refrigerator with a smile. On his way back out, he popped the cork and poured a glass for each person in turn. As he poured, he spoke, "Well, a white knight is that thing you hear about in romance fairy tales and heroic fantasies. Admittedly, all I can ever see in this world is a romantic fairy tale and heroic fantasy. And so, I decided that I want to be a hero. A white knight. Not just a tank, but an actual hero. Anyone can put their shield in front of another person and take a hit. But not everyone, not every tank, can choose not to protect those who don't deserve protection. I would not indiscriminately protect an orange player. That, in my mind makes me a hero. But I'm on a journey to see if that's the truth or not. It'd be good to have your company for that." Endilix had finished pouring and was corking the bottle back up, before placing it back on he shelf.

He smiled at the duo and waved a hand over the drinks to indicate they were ready, before continuing, taking his own glass in hand, "You always have a home here, Kita. I want you to know that. Keep the key, and use it if you ever need a safe haven. Wait for me if I'm not here, and I'll always be back eventually. Know that you always have someone here for you. I'm only a message away." He took a sip from his apple juice and savored how crisp it was. He had always loved how well simulated food and drink was in the game.

He placed the glass back down, "That said, you do as you wish. But if you're going to be adventuring with me, you had better be ready to keep the pace."

Edited by Endilix

Flints sat half leaned against Emerath and gently strokes his side. As if the assure him that things were okay now. She didn't release him as she took the glass Endilix had laid before them and sipped it gingerly. it was cool and exuded a warmth that only apples had. She smiled between sips and kept her eyes locked on Endilix and his bold gestures. "So that's the plan huh? Being the tankiest tank? Being a hero...huh. If that's what it takes to be a hero then I have no doubt you have it in you." Flints sighed and drank more of her juice before frowning. "I don't really think I have all that in me. You and I see things very differently. But I would go to the ends of the earth to help a friend." 

Flints raised an eyebrow at Endilix's request for her to keep the key. She felt like it wasn't her place but none the less she accepted. Though she wasn't sure if she would be kicking his door in or napping on his couch anytime soon. Well not without good reason when it comes to the door part. "Well if you insist. Thank you...I'm flattered that you...trust me.." She whispered the last half felt a little confused about her actually keeping what she had forgotten she had in the first place. 

She was pulled from her thoughts with his last words, she could hear the smirk that spread across his face and looked up at him grinning. "Oh? Me keep up? I'll do you one better. Let's go!" Flints rose to her feet, filled with excitement for the adventures that would insue. 

Endilix leaned over the bar and smiled at Flints, having rather lost interest in his drink. "I have no intention of being a tanky tank. A tanky tank just implies that I just want to be the best tank. Being a hero is so much more than that. I could care less if I'm the best tank in Aincrad. I just have to make sure that the people I protect, I'm protecting for all the right reasons." His smile faded a bit as Flints seemed rather unsure about the key situation. He raised an eyebrow and said, "Really though, where is this uncertainty coming from? It's just a key, and this is just your home away from home. You act like the key or the bar is going to bite you or something."

Endilix slid over the bar, so that he was standing next to Flints, and patted her on the head, "It won't, neither will, I promise. They never did before. And of course I trust you. What would be the purpose of not? Undue strife?" He chuckled and at Flints' excitement walked towards the door, "So, I suppose any home, even this one, can wait then? I'm fine with another adventure. I could use more apple juice in any case. Never know when I'll need to serve it again, and it's good to have on hand." He played off her wanderlust with his natural, winning smile and quickly swapped his equipment back to his armor. "If that's the case, I'm ready."

Flints stared blankly at Endilix as he spoke of what his true intentions were, in regards  to being a hero. The same thoughts kept crossing her mind; "A hero? Does Aincrad need saving..?" Eventually her eyes wondered to his own, she stood still and got lost in them but was still responsive enough to answer him and his prodding with the key. 

"I dunno why it bothers me so much...well, It's not that it bothers me, it's just its not my place to pop in whenever. I have a home.." She became silent but still accepted the key. "Don't expect to come home and find me sleeping under the bar okay?" A wide grind spread across her face as she leaned her head against the door. Facing away from both Emerath and Endilix and slumped against it until Endilix spoke the magic words she had been waiting to hear; "-I'm ready" she perked up completely and turned back to the two. "Well in that case, let's go!!!! Can we kill things? I feel like we need to kill things. " before she ran out of the house into the cold she ran to Emerath and quickly forced her fingers through his hair to brush it back. "Promise me we will go adventuring soon?" She smiled warmly at the sitting man and wrapped her arms around him, nuzzling his cheek until she was hid against his neck. She used this closeness to speak to just to him. "I'm sorry about earlier...I really didn't mean to almost...Eru...I'm so sorry. Please be well." She breathed lightly but still became very intoxicated with his scent. Light, yet sweet the hint of roses was very faint, but appreciated. Flints squeezed him tightly. Hoping this was enough to show she still was concerned for his well being. "Message me, I will answer. I promise. Don't stay in your home too long you'll start sprouting mushrooms from how dark that place is!" She giggled and finally pulled away from the man, who in a way seemed to be distracted by something. It concerned her but her need to be outside again and adventuring was at its peak. She quickly pulled up her HUD and grumbled. "I guess this means I can't stop by home huh?" As she typed she couldn't help but start smiling at her quick work and sighed as it sent. "Okay. Now let's go." Flints walked back up to the bar door and pushed it open, drinking in the fresh air.

This was it. A new start for the three. A do over was just what they needed. 

Emerath was far away as Flints came in close and hugged him. He wasn't expecting it, and he was a bit startled by the sudden closeness again. Emerath did accept her words, and the feeling of being close to her. He gave a nod to her, but didn't say anything of his own, just felt a bit sad as she left his presence again. All of this had been bittersweet for the man, and Emerath had hoped for much more. But at the end of the day, Endilix had made his valiant return and taken hold of what Emerath had hoped to take for his own. But that was just how it went.

Emerath watched as they prepared to leave for another adventure, and wondered when he'd see either of them again. Finally he said, "I'll lock the bar, and fix the door. Go have fun. And congratulations Kita, on becoming a Grandmaster." He smiled a sad smile, and returned to being far away in his thoughts.

Endilix watched as Flints seemed to say her goodbyes to Emerath, and watched as his brother went back to brooding. He had been like this for a long time, and Emerath would never open up to Endilix about it. And so Endilix had proceeded to live his own life. But Emerath said he would take care of everything, and so he took his invitation and Flints' as his cue to get on with it. "In that case, let's hit the town, I'll grab some apple juice and then we can head into our first adventure. Be safe, Emerath, and keep the bill on the lock and I'll pay you back." He nodded to both of them and opened the door into the cold air outside, before breathing in the fresh air. He took a deep breath, and looked to Flints. "Sound good, Grandmaster?"