[PP-F13] Empty (Zelrius)

"Unproductive." I said out loud rather loudly. The word itself came out in fragments of a hoarse voice due to the fact that I had spoken in a while. For maybe a week or so I had been in my room inside the Azure Brigade Guild Hall, only leaving to go get food and take a walk every once and awhile. When in reality I had enough food for about a month in my inventory and probably only left twice. Both of those times were simply to walk around at night. There was no point to these midnight strolls other than wishful thinking; seeing if maybe, just maybe someone had come back. By that someone I meant a lot of people. Actually it was more of an entire list but there were two people who recently left. Zelrius and Daeron. Just thinking about Daeron's body falling backwards off the edge of Aincrad made my stomach hurt immensely. It was cliche but I felt like if I was there sooner I could have caught him, or maybe even jumped off and grabbed him. Maybe I could have talked to him more or took more quests with him. Thought ifwe took another quest together nothing would get done, which would be hilarious. That wasn't the thing that I was even angry or guilty about though. It was that he didn't talk to me about it; he was always looking happy. The only thing I had left of Daeron was memories and his armor which I didn't intend to use unless I was in a serious battle. And speaking of battles I heard that a certain narcissistic blonde was once again leading the next boss fight. What floor were we even on? Did it matter? It's been so long that it kind of felt like this was my home now. Of course I had gotten used to the game and living here a long time ago but there was a difference. It's been two years and only twice did I think of my house in the real world, and I didn't even want to go back. So, boss battles were just every day things here for me now. But, this was the first piece of information that I heard about Zelrius since his disappearance. This wasn't the first time he left, but the first he told someone about it. It was also the first time that the self centered boy had been so kind to everyone. Although maybe "self centered" and "narcissistic" weren't the right words to use anymore I still couldn't help but to use those words to describe him. If I started calling him "nice" and "gentle" then my image of him would be broken. Though what was my image of him? He was so rude and vicious a week before the party, ignoring me and when he did speak it wasn't nice. But at the party he was completely different, he was glad that I, of all people, didn't hate him. It was confusing to me but I knew it meant something. I wasn't going to be as arrogant to say I was his only friend, but I was going to go as far to say that I thought I was and am one of his closest friends. Like I told him at the party, he was like family to me. And although Keith was still important I was slowly letting go of the idea of his return. I guess I wanted to dismiss it as a mere dream but that would be too easy wouldn't it? With Daeron....gone, Keith still missing for over half a year, and Zelrius distancing himself from everyone I had been left empty. 

So here I sat, in my bed with my legs crossed, thinking about all the things that had gone from my life. I sighed and looked to the left to my window. A black curtain hung weightlessly from the window, guarding me from the possibly burning light outside. I couldn't tell what time it was with the curtain drawn though, it just looked dark. My covers were thrown off my bed along with the plushie that I got at the party. I looked up at the ceiling, then down at my hands. I cracked my knuckles out of habit and swung my legs over the side of my bed. I stood up and walked over to the full length mirror on the other side of my room an examined my appearance. Of course my hair was a complete mess from sleeping with it down. I pulled a large black sweater over my long sleeve shirt and changed into a pair of regular black pants with my normal boots. I glared at my hair and brushed through it painfully. After a good eight minutes of relentless brushing and pulling I finally got my hair into a messy bun that I wasn't proud of but was suitable for wearing around the general public. I yawned and walked outside of my room, down the stairs and out of the Guild Hall. To my surprise, the sun was beginning to set in an array of oranges, pink, and yellows. I had one goal for right now, to take a walk and order myself a cup of hot cocoa without worrying or caring. Just some me time/

Edited by Kiru

As Zelrius sheathed both his swords, the sound of Metal against the sheaths on each side and the clicking as they locked into place echoed throughout the Dungeon. That was it, The Field boss of this Dungeon was cleared, with little to no effort. The golden haired boy let out a sigh and turned to Tristan with a small grin. "Good work, Invincible Warrior. That concludes our Exploration of the Lower Floors for the day. I am going to head back to The Hall and catch a drink, maybe socialize a bit. I am sure Flints is probably waiting for you back at the Guild Hall. If not, I am positive she'd be happy if you were there waiting for her." He gave a small laugh and waved his Long-time friend farewell for now. and began to slowly meander out of the Dungeon and back into the Sunlight and Grass of the First Floor. That Dungeon had proved relatively easy, just as he had suspected it would. Of course, The Golden haired boy made short work of Floor bosses. Couple that with the fact that Tristan had accompanied him, and it was basically just a nice little stroll through a dark cavern. Except, the area they occupied was always lit up due to their various gear pieces.

Speaking of gear, Zelrius had this habit of running down all his gear whenever he was done using it for the day. Not in fear that it would be gone or damaged or anything (Since Uniques didn't break under Durability) but just as a way of reassuring himself he still had some of the best gear around. He jingled his two Pendants, the one that marked his rank in the Azure Brigade: Commandant. The other, a birthday gift from Kitty. A small, light blue, Rose shaped necklace with the words 'Azure Brigade' etched onto it. He gave a flap of his black cloak with the golden fur lining. The golden symbol of fire on the back of it waving gently as the Cloak lightly swooshed from the force.

With a quick wipe down of his Tuxedo, a tightening of his bowtie and a relacing his shoes, Zelrius began to wander through the endless grass fields toward the giant city that loomed over the First floor. Yes, The town of Beginnings. Ironic the game, given this City outsized all the other Cities found thus far by atleast twice their sizes. It wasn't long while walking that re-entered through their gates. It was strange; Despite his being nearly level 50 now, Zelrius found himself in this city more often that he imagined he would be back when he left it. Of course, being a Vet of RPGs, he knew full well that you often visited areas you had been to before, just this game didn't seem like that was necessary. And to be honest; It wasn't. He didn't have to be back on this floor. It was just this is where he found most of his entertainment in between boss fights.

With that, Zelrius made his way back into the Guild hall, a Place he only visited in order to sleep; He tried his best to avoid the other Commandants after his leave. Zelrius shrugged off his Cloak, leaving it on a hanger. On his way to his Room, Zelrius glanced up the Stairs only to notice Kiru headed out. He looked about furiously, trying to not to make contact with her, and gave up, sighing, and accepting his fate.

The guild hall was dark but there was still enough light to see everything in the rooms. "It must be dark outside." I thought as I made my way down the stairs quietly. Just as I reached the end of the last stair I paused at the sound of the guild door opening. This was normal occurrence for brigadiers to be coming in and out of the hall but I was trying to not speak with any of my fellow commandants because, well, I wanted to be alone for at least one more night before actually being useful to the guild again. Though with only a few of my friends remaining in the organization this place had become quite desolate and lonely because they were never here. Bringing my focus back the player in the doorway I froze, unblinking, staring at Zelrius. He too was stood still, I guess he noticed me first. "Zel?" I called out, knowing the answer it would bring about. "What am I doing, shouldn't I be happy he's back?" I questioned myself but knew the answer. True, I had been looking out for him, still latching on to everything I heard about him like it was the last, but, there was a lingering feeling of betrayal or something laced in my stomach. He made a big emotional deal the night of the party but then left. I couldn't help but to be mad at him for not telling me about his leave, he and Daeron both did that and it stung, leaving an invisible scar inside my heart next to the multiple left by Keith and others. If anything else were to happen I guess my heart would explode from all the wounds. But I digress, he was in front of me and I needed to deal with this. 

It was actually quite shocking that I wasn't crying just by the sight of him, I knew about two weeks ago I would have. Would this mean I was numb or emotions? Or just empty? I cleared my throat and stepped off the last stair, walking towards the blonde boy. We were the same height but I was wearing boots so I was just a little bit taller. I met his eyes and stared for what seemed like forever, like everything was in slow motion. Finally, I spoke after giving thought of what to say. "Are you....here to rejoin the guild?" I asked, almost wanting to smack myself for not asking the obvious question burning in my mind. Was he happy to see me? Probably not given his reaction to me. Had he come to see me? No, that was probably too arrogant as well. 

He just froze, his gaze not being able to rip away from Kiru. Since the christmas party, he had felt that there was no way he'd be able to talk to the girl again. He had left her, just like that, made a big deal of it and everything and was unable to let go of the fact that it was all so sudden. Of course, there is no way he'd ever be able to tell her it wasn't her fault. If anything; Kiru was the last reason he stayed around for so long, but she was always absent, and therefore the reason was gone. As she called his name he was snapped back to realty, his face not softening as it normally would in the presences of friends. "Kiru?" He merely asked back. Of course, now saying it, he felt stupid. Too late to try with something witty. Inside of him, The golden haired boy had wanted to act as though nothing had happened and that everything was good, in a desperate attempt to forget about the weeks leading up to the Christmas party. But, it was too little too late; He already said the name, and was visibly shocked to see her again. Zelrius glanced about, trying to find someone walking by or something to make an excuse to get away from this conversation, to no accord. Eventually he gave up, turning back to her, knowing there wasn't going to be an easy way out of this one.

As Kiru stepped off the stairs and met at near eye level with the Golden haired boy, Zelrius' heart sunk. Maybe from a distance he could had a conversation, made up a little excuse that he was in a hurry and ran off. But now that the two were arm length apart, His blue eyes meeting hers, Zelrius knew he couldn't just turn away from her. It was her question that made him metaphorically hurt more. It sounded hopeful, but was not infact the reason he was here. "Uh.. Yea. I am. My vacation is over, and I decided the people of Aincrad need me more than I need to be selfish." While he firmly believed the last part, he had just balantly lied, The golden haired boy had no intention of being commandant again, but the last thing he wanted to do was to tell her that, he couldn't bare to let her down like that anymore. "What about you? You headed out somewhere?"

It stung. It hurt. It felt bad. In the very moment Zelrius spoke I wanted to hug him and pretend things were as they were before he left. Not the week of silence Zelrius that was mad at me, but the Zelrius in his silk pajamas. The boy who couldn't seem to leave the party no matter how hard he tried, before he made a speech and left everyone, left me alone. It's a tad selfish to say the least but in this reality he had left only me. He didn't really talk to anyone other than some of the Commandants but they all seemed to be in on his decision to relieve of his Azure duties. From the time he left I've had a long time to think about the reason why but I couldn't think of anything other than that he left because of me. I mean, he didn't talk to me about it even when I thought we were close. But this didn't explain his apology or his embrace so it was a broken theory. The only other explanation was because wasn't happy with the guild, but, how was he not happy? He was the leader and the strongest, he had loyal players to follow him and everyone other than myself was always complimented him or gushed about him. I did hold him in high esteem but never expressed that towards him; I didn't see any point if he knew it already. Maybe I didn't appreciate him enough, but how could I? I was never at the Guild Hall except to sleep maybe once and didn't really talk to him for a solid three weeks.   

His answer surprised me. Without a facade, he answered in absence of hesitation. "Really? I'm uh glad. Welcome back." Honestly I was not expecting him to answer my question at all, I thought he was going to evade it or maybe make up an excuse but he didn't. It felt like a weight had been lifted from my heart, but a new was added. He was coming back, but the weight replaced was harder to explain. In fact, I couldn't explain it. It was like feeling guilty for something you didn't do or crying over nothing. I took a deep breath and half smiled with a pained look in my eyes. "Oh I was just stepping out for a little bit to go buy unnecessary things and grab a drink. I've been really busy lately dealing with quests and people wanting to join the guild that I haven't had any time with myself lately." I flat out lied to Zelrius, once again wanting to smack myself. Why was I trying to make it seem like I've been busy while he was away? I cleared my throat for the second time tonight and spoke once more. "What are you doing sneaking into your own guild?" I questioned jokingly, attempting to change the topic.

Edited by Kiru

Zelrius was more than thrilled to see Kiru, but she wasn't giving off the same Aura. What did I do? He wondered to himself, despite already knowing the answer. You left her, alone and with nobody. That response he gave himself would have normally made the Golden haired boy bust out in tears, with the only thing stopping that was the fact that Kiru was right there, and the last he wanted to do, or thought she needed, was for him to cry like a little girl over what would appear as nothing to her. He only smiled as she spoke, not wanting to ruin this moment of peace. He wondered what she had been doing in his absence, though knowing Kiru, it was probably avoiding everyone save maybe Tristan and Rebekah. His memories were brought back to the week or so leading up to the party; The little scouting party on the Twelfth Floor, and the Moments leading to the Forsaken Crusader. Though standing in front of her now, he was still so pissed at the Words she had said that day. The golden haired boy had tried and tried again with her to search for Keith, and every time, they came back empty handed, with not so much as another Clue as to where the bluenette may be. On top of that; Zelrius was hurt by something even more than that, though that reason shall be left unknown for now. He let the thoughts flee him for now, just thinking about it would make him angry again.

He smiled when she said she was glad That makes you, and only you are 'glad', Kiru. He whispered in his own thoughts again. "Aye, I suppose it is a thing to be atleast a bit happy about isn't it?" A slight laugh, that ended quickly and made his smile disappear once it was gone, unable to shake the fact that he was still lying to her, something he promised himself never to do, not to Kiru anyway. Yet here Zelrius was, breaking that promise. He faked scoffed at her question and then began in a joking voice "Sneaking? Shh, don't let the ninjas know I am back yet. I need to be able to sneak back at them." Though now he wondered if what he was doing was truly sneaking. "A walk and a drink? Seems like I could go for that, mind if I come along?"

There was something strange about this encounter. I couldn't explain it, like all the other things that so ardently clouded my mind, and to be honest it was annoying me. I was annoying myself mostly by not dismissing the thoughts but for not being totally happy that Zelrius stood here in front of me. Could it have possibly been so long that I've grown accustomed to leave? That I've been alone so long that's it's become a routine? This was beginning to scare me; it was just like my life at home only slightly different. I was always around people who adored me, but, that was simply the fact that I was wealthy and came from a good family. And like all of the other kids at my school no one really cared about personality, it was a sort of caste system that only teenagers could conjure. One again however I am forced to think of Zelrius' feelings. I could recall a time when he confessed that no one actually cared, they liked his title. Now that I thought about it I wasn't exactly sure if he said it. Either way, there was a comparison that he and I both felt. For, at the beginning of the game I was dubbed the "strongest and scariest" player in Aincrad. (Just under Keith in level) I was even levels above Zelrius and it felt like every player that spoke to me, spare a few, were just trying to be seen with me. It's a bit narcissistic of me to say it, but I knew I could cut anyone down if I really wanted to. But now that I've been slacking I've had no new people speak to me. It's more peaceful this way; and maybe, just maybe that was the reason Zelrius left. 

I peered over Zelrius' shoulder at the door, wondering if it was such a good idea to go now that he was here. I then looked back at Zelrius. He was smiling, which made me smile. I quickly covered my smile and left no trace of emotion when I uncovered. "I supposed it is something to be happy about." I said, not intending to continue on, but did so anyways.  "After that, uh, emotional night I didn't think you were coming back. Like,ever. You made it seem like you were just leaving everyone to become a hermit or something." I spoke, immediately regretting it. "A-anyways," trying to regain my composure, "I will let you announce your arrival on your own terms then. I'm sure everyone will be overjoyed you're back. Especially Ssendom, oh and Lowenthal. I spoke to him a little bit ago and he gifted me something rather weird but appreciated." I remembered the stuffed Zelrius and laughed a little, it was a funny gift that I needed deeply at the time.

When Zelrius requested to come with I was a smidge taken aback. He wasn't the type of person to just waste his time on a walk, or so I thought. Heck, when I asked him to do something important with me he shot that down. But, there's a first time for everything as they say. "You know? I've never actually seen you eat anything, I'm convinced you're a vampire." I joked, trying to remember an actual time I saw him eating something. I couldn't think of any times. "If you really want to, I'm going to get hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate you know. So if you don't like it then you no longer have permission to accompany me." I then awaited an answer to leave. 

(I honestly cannot keep writing 30 Line posts like this)

Zelrius was pulled back to a time where he saw Kiru and Keith wandering around together, headed no where in particular. At the time, Zelrius wasn't acquainted with her, and had no intention of ever being so. Keith had just left Azure for the Final time, and when he attempted to return once more, Zelrius was the one who placed his foot down and said No. Yet, still after that, Keith and Zelrius were still good friends, along with the rest of the Commandants. But there was a moment there with the In-game NPCs that made the bluenette change. And then Zelrius was gone, and came back, only to find his long time friend had gone. Him, and so many others. The old Commandant's Council was dispersed and broken, Miaki and Shanok had offered the Golden haired boy sanctuary in their little runaway spot. He declined, and they shut the door on his face, just like that, they were gone. The Commandants, the ones he called Friends so long ago, were all gone. Garou had disappeared a few months after the formation of Azure. Clarence was no where to be seen, Keith and Daeron were dead, Miaki and Shanok were in hiding. Zelrius was left truly alone in the world; No one he had fought the original first bosses with were around anymore. Ryujin was presumed dead, Shark is only seen every once in a while, and as said before, his fellow Commandants had disappeared. He tried to remedy it, try to fill the hole they left in the Young boy's heart, He tried to make a new council. But he never truly got along with them. While he considered Oikawa, Rebekah, Tristan, Ssendom and Kiru all really good friends, it wasn't the same. Oikawa and Rebekah were both part of other Guilds before Azure, Guilds they still very clearly have ties to. Ssendom was newer to the Frontlines and was hardly seen, and now Tristan was married, Leaving Zelrius alone. Then there was Kiru, the girl whom he ran through fields racing and stealing monster kills from, The last person he considered Family. And you left her. His memories reminded him of the Christmas party yet again.

"Suppose? That's refreshing. I disappear and come back and you guess it's cool. Cold as always I see," He joked with her, a little disappointed by her words until she continued. "I fought the boss with Ssendom, and the War of Ancients. He seemed Indifferent about my return, as did many. Not surprisingly. I doubt Lowenthal would be happy I am back. That little [censored]," He gritted his teeth and and closed his eyes for a moment, before returning to a smile. For a moment there, Zelrius remembered how Lowenthal had threatened to hurt Kiru in an attempt to blackmail Zelrius. When the Golden haired boy retaliated with threats to slaughter all of Aincrad should anything happen to the two-toned girl, The Fool of the Velvet Room immediately apologized. Coward, Zelrius thought to himself in memory of that thought.

Getting back to the conversation he laughed at her comments. "Rebekah is the resident Vampire of Azure, you know that. Have you never really seen me eat anything? I assure you I do it, it's just not a priority of mine. And of course I love hot chocolate, Who doesn't?" He turned, placing a gloved hand on the door he just entered from, and hoding it open "After you, Lady Kiru" 

(Neither can I tbh)

What was it that made this peculiar? Zelrius willingly wanted to have a drink and walk with me? Probably. This reminded me of the first time I met Tristan. He was playing his guitar, something that sadly he doesn't do anymore, and trying serenade anyone passing by. I was not having it; that guitar was annoying me. The sound was beautiful but at the time it sounded like a screeching cat to my immature. He continued to play, which got me very angry. Let's just say that the night ended with a sore knuckle for me and a sore face for him. Or did I kick him? I couldn't remember but it was a fun time after that. Although often more times that not he tried to make "the real Kiru come out," which made me irritated around him always, he was pretty fun to hang around with at the time. Someone also fun to hang with was Keith. Nowadays I wasn't so emotional about thinking of him. I used to stop everything and cry when I thought of him, obviously that didn't happen now. He would always be so hyper and he was pushy, but in a good way. And if I wasn't having enough fun he would literally pick me up, like princess style, and embarrassingly run through flowers like a cliche romantic comedy. He would drag me if I was being stubborn. Make a flower crown if I was sad. He always knew what was going on and did his best to make my day. However sadly, being heroic was a flaw and virtue of his that I couldn't stand; I guess mine was more of a flaw too. He was there for me if someone got in my way. But being heroic always got him damaged and too close to death for comfort. He jumped in front of every sword, axe, dagger, and spear for me. After seeing him impaled so many times I got more enraged at the people trying to hurt him. I even went out of my way to get rid of them but somehow he always found out what I was doing and took on the orange cursor for me. If he hadn't shown up I probably wouldn't still be green and I'd be in a PK guild possibly. Keith was kind soul, and after not hearing from him for awhile I got so pent up on finding the person behind it and killing them; I was literally so close to going through with it too. I even was going to have Zelrius help me. That's when this hating Zelrius and Zelrius hating me started. He basically told me that nothing was important and that he didn't care for Keith anymore. I planned to ask for his help right before the boss battle, I was confident he'd help me considering we were friends but boy was I wrong. Things went downhill from there, then went back up and possibly even better than before. Then things went down again when he left again. 

I was snapped back from my dumb thoughts when the blonde began to speak again. "Yeah I suppose you can come back after taking a selfish break." I laughed, not really meaning anything by my words. "I've noticed that Ssendom is neutral to everyone so I wouldn't take it very personally. And why wouldn't Lowenthal be happy to see you? You gave him the title so you have to at least be friends right?" I asked, confused at Zelrius reaction to Lowenthal. Why would he give the position to him if he didn't like him? I dismissed the thought for now and got on to the rest of the conversation.

"Well first of all you're never here, and I'm not around very much so I guess I just never see you in general. Then again have you ever seen me eat? And you'd be surprised by certain people who don't like cocoa, namely Tristan." I said, throwing him under the bus. Hey, it was his fault for not liking the only thing beside water that I like in this game. With that, I nodded at Zelrius and walked through the guild door that was held open for me. The sunset was now gone and was replaced with a dark sky and streets illuminated by the fire lit lamps. This floor would not be suitable for eating anything, as everything was dead and no one came for vacations. "I haven't been to Floor 7 in awhile, let's go there."  I said, not really sure why I was feeling so adventurous today. 

Edited by Kiru
  • 2 weeks later...

(I really can't typing these long ass posts)

Zelrius always had vivid memory, and there were many things that he had memorized about Kiru and those whom he called friends throughout the last two years. Those years of clearing floors were certainly different than when he started, and a whole nother world from what he imagined. Those first days were the most fun he had ever had in his life. The thrill of the fight, the adrenaline pumping making each minute of the battle seem endless. The competitive environment born from needing to stay ahead in both Gear and Level of the general population. Spending most of the days exploring Floors, finding dungeons, using exploits in the system that were only ever open for small windows of time. Those were the days where it was all just simple adventure. The only thing Zelrius ever really wished for in life. The young boy grew up infront of the tv, playing every console imaginable and living journeys through the characters he played. And here was Sword Art Online, the Adventure he only ever dreamed of. The type where the character didn't have a linear path, or personality and name. This game opened up the to the boy the ability to be his own Character, playing how he wanted to. And that was all he wanted; to be his own Hero for once. However, now he truly was titled 'Hero' and he hated every second of it. The complication of Guild Politics, the glares and hateful looks Zelrius received from most of those in the world of Aincrad, The constant looking over his shoulder when outside, afraid someone would try to kill him while he wasn't looking. The golden haired boy was even scared to go to Boss Fights anymore, eternally frightened by the possibilities that he would be attacked before, during, or after, the actual Enemy was fought. Yet he still went, he still woke up everyday and dealt with it, because it was his one true wish afterall. Or was it?

"You suppose?" He faked scoffed "I am Commandant of the Azure Brigade, I don't need your approval anyway. I could just as easily turn away and go sit in my meeting chair for a few hours." The joking continued, as the the golden haired boy very clearly tried very hard to keep the mood light and laughable. As Kiru spoke of Ssendom and Lowenthal his expression visibly got more serious as he remembered his conversation with Lowenthal following the party. "Kiru, do me a favor, don't go near Lowenthal. Don't talk to him, Don't look at him, Don't stand in the same room as him."

He quickly dropped the thought and continued on what she was on about before. "Dear ol Achillies doesn't like Hot Cocoa? Wonder if Flints would be in on a little trick then. I say we order a bunch, have Dom or Rebekah make it, and then stock the Guild hall with Hot cocoa only. Replace all the potions to taste like Hot Cocoa, y'know, play a little game with the tall Tank. We'll save that thought for a later date, off to Floor 7 we go then." He spoke taking a stroll up the walking stones to the closest town to the Guild Hall. Zelrius always got the chills making this walk, given the field that the War of the Ancients and the Cathedral of the Floor 13 Boss Fight were fought at were a stone's throw from the Azure Guild Hall.

(But it's better if you do: Panic! At The Disco jk then Don't: Ed Sheeran)

The sight of the floor was absolutely revolting, even after rejecting all light from my own room. This floor was so dreary and unkempt that it was depressing- probably caused depression too. There wasn't a single sign of colors other than browns and greys, which apparently, are bad for your emotional health. "Who's decision was it for the Guild to be on this floor anyways?" I asked, disgusted slightly by the terrain. It wasn't that I couldn't live here, it's just that it wasn't as esteemed a place as I imagined it to be. But I guess whoever chose the location could have been thinking of a metaphor for Azure. That we were a generally isolated guild, some of the members came from dark places, and that Azure just was secluded. This was also a significant floor because of the boss battle here. Or the person deciding could have just been picking randomly with their eyes closed.  

"Hm, I might be mistaken but I never got to vote on letting you back in. If I recall it's the majority rule correct? If I wasn't there for the meeting then there has to be a revote right? For the sake of The Azure Brigade I demand to be in on this stuff too!" I joked, knowing that even if there was another vote containing all of the commandants the outcome would be the same and Zelrius would be yet again a commandant. 

The countenance of Zelrius made an abrupt change when I talked about Ssendom and Lowenthal. "Strange." I thought while continuing to walk beside him. Next, his speech became a lot more stern, almost like an older sibling, and told me not to go near him. I crossed my arms and thought about this for a moment. What could possibly be so distressing about Lowenthal that he would tell me to stay away, yet appoint him as Azure's guild leader? In the end I couldn't think of anything so the only logical thing for me to do was question him. "Zelrius, might I ask why? Lowenthal seems like a nice guy so I don't see the problem. And if you really wanted us to not even be in the same room then why would you make him the leader of Azure? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of avoiding him?" I uncrossed my arms and looked to the right. Gray. Dismal. I continued, "Seriously, what's your deal with him? And why should you care who I associate myself with? I'm sure if he ever were to be somewhat threatening I could handle him." I knew this was a lie. I was at a very critical state of growth right now due to my hiatus of quests and battles. If I went up against Lowenthal I'd probably be crushed without retaliation. I sighed inwardly and took a deep breath, there was no reason for me to get upset over this right now. Actually there were a lot of reasons for me to get angry at him for telling me what to do but I was just to exhausted to do so.   

I chuckled slightly at the though of Tristan burning his tongue again. This time it would be hot chocolate however, and not something alcoholic. He would probably go crazy and hide somewhere if we did that. "That would be pretty funny." I admitted, trying to lighten up the mood again. 

Edited by Kiru
cats