[PP-F1] The Hammer Falls (Dom)

From where he stood, the whole damn world felt insignificant. 

Eerily calm fingers traced the grassy edge of the world as he stared down into the wicked oblivion beneath Aincrad. The castle that floated in the sky, so far above whatever world watched mockingly, offered no succor to the unwitting prisoners it housed. Baleful and soft, the youth's jade eyes postulated about how it might feel. For the few moments his consciousness remained, would it feel like flying?

If only he could ask the others. What did death feel like? Was it freedom, or was it just the beginning of another eternity?

Kyr snapped his thoughts free from the dark place they had wandered. So close to the edge of the first floor, he came only to remember the final moments of Liu. The soul shattering losses that had already occured in that world left damning scars on the hearts and minds of those who survived. It was almost natural to want to die.

He made a few empty gestures, the way someone might honor the dead in a world outside Aincrad. Something silent shared between friends, but forgotten by all others. Kyr sighed as he tore his gaze away from the sea of clouds that had swallowed his comrade, then took a step toward town.

"I used to think it got easier," he muttered. "But dead is dead. They're gone. I'm not. How does someone get used to that?"

It was dark, and filled to the brim with sorrow. No young man should ever drink from the chalice of heartbreak so deeply; but Sword Art Online had forced that fate onto so many, young and old. "They don't, I guess."

As the defeatist admission lingered, Kyr left it behind. So many troubles had led him to Aincrad- now, trouble was the way of things. He made time for angst and brooding, simply because grief was what kept him sane. To recall his humanity was to sustain it- in this world, it would be so easy to give himself over to the character. He had to remember his parents, his sister, and his home. He had to honor the memories of those friends who were no more, because at the end of all this, he would remember.

And that memory would shape his tale.

"Now, let's see," he began as he strolled along and flicked through his menu nonchalantly. "These are the skills available, and I have..." he jaw set in a dissatisfied scowl. "...not enough Skill Points. I really need to step my game up."

The lack of things to do in Aincrad were starting to stack up on the brooding powerhouse known as Ssendom. There was only one quest in the massive list of them that he hadn't tested his raw unrelenting might against was Escape. But the amount of time that would be wasted inside a dungeon cell from the information he had accrued from past players completing it wasn't worth it when it was coming close to Front Lines time.

The Berserker clad in more unique's than any other player in the world of Aincrad except for his closest partner in crime Zelrius stood on the edge of the first floor, and one of the only spots outside of the Town of Beginnings just to peer over the endless blue abyss that resided below the floating castle.

He sighed, "Man I really need something to do, it's a bit of a hassle being pestered by so many people to propose trades with me for item's I don't have on the market to trade." He sighed once again after talking to himself.

After all the adventures that the Dreadnought had put himself through and the rigorous scenario's he overcame, not many would be able to stand so valiantly and still have a positive outlook on the world of Aincrad. He bore the mark of someone who killed players who hadn't actually laid an attacking action upon another, but only a very select few would know that Ssendom wasn't the man to slaughter the innocent. There was only one thing he had truly learned during his time in Aincrad.

The only horrific thing that resides in the death game of Sword Art Online, were the other players.

There were still a mass amount of players who hadn't truly figured out the makings of the game. Some were like Dom who were too apathetic and uncaring to the world around them that hadn't started, some were far too scared to test the world due to the horrors that extend beyond the wall of the Town of Beginnings, and others who hadn't yet grasped the true aspect of this world. Something Deep down in the Berserker made him want to give someone assistance into making this world end faster for those who truly want out.

Even though the only thing he wanted, was to hunt in the Floating Castle for the rest of his days.

He heard someone not to far from himself giving themselves motivation to get even stronger. With the words 'I really need to step my game up.' Dom looked over to a man who was still in his starter gear, he shrugged his shoulders and wondered if the player who fear him for his orange crystal. But there was nothing more to do than to approach the boy.

Kyr barely noticed anything awry as he walked absently forward. There existed a multitude of information in the packet that the beta testers complied over the time they spent in Aincrad, and all of that wisdom went to work as the new player mused over all of his own numbers. "So, if I have this many points, I can use them to buy... and that'll increase..."

He stopped short at the muffled sound of movement close by, and Kyr glanced up to hear the sound of armor as it clattered with every step the imposing man took toward him. The dark haired boy recalled what little he read about cursors and recognized instantly what the indicator over this man heralded.

A Player Killer.

With armor like that, the man who now moved toward him clearly outclassed Kyr in every possible way. It was likely that if he attempted to flee, the other man would simply overtake him with minimal effort. Instead, Kyr remained frozen only for a moment. If the murderous man intended to take his life, no amount of running or talking would save him. Not now that he was this close.

"Are you going to kill me?" Kyr asked in a voice bereft of all feeling. "Damn. I guess I waited too long to get strong." He reached up and scratched his head. "Can you tell me... the others- did they tell you if it hurt? I'd really like it if it didn't hurt."

He let out a short, dry laugh.

"Just my luck. Get into a game, die before I do anything significant in either world..."

Edited by Kyr

The Berserker watched over the actions of the young adult, at first he was deep in thought that as the heavily armored Dreadnought approached. It was a few moments before the boy was able to hear the sound of the clanging noise the armor made as it brushed up against itself.

Finally the boy looked over, and the first thing he noticed was the orange crystal indicating that Dom was a Player Killer through and through. The Dreadnought crossed his arms to show an intimidating stance over the low leveled player who was just beginning his story in the Death Game known as Sword Art Online. The only thing that could be seen of his skin was his red eyes in the middle of the jaws of the Hydra Skull.

He dropped his finger and withdrew the Duskreaver from his inventory. The first weapon he had specially crafted by the savant of blacksmithing Oikawa. Dom noticed the Greatsword that was on the back of the player that sat upon the floor beginning to understand the predicament he was in the middle of. The Three bladed ebony colored greatsword materialized in the massive warrior's hand with the blades aimed to the ground.

As the blade finally finished materializing he give the most effortless push toward the boy in front of him so the hilt would land on his legs, "There isn't any point to kill you." He chuckled. Dom gave off the feeling in his deep rough tone could be easily taken as though he was entertained with the way the boy responded to him. "You're not going to die, unless you cannot handle the job I give you." He stated outwardly, as if there was something more to his being in this exactly location with the boy, "Tell me, since you have no other reason but to. Tell me your name." He stated, demanding the boy to answer him instead of asking.

He watched, almost enchanted by the wicked beast of a man before him. It was a monstrous sort of compulsion, the type of near-sickness one might suffer just before evacuating their guts in terror. Kyr felt a low rumble in the pit of his stomach, and for a moment he worried he might lose his composure and buckle right there. 

But he didn't. 

Instead the player killer summoned a behemoth blade and stretched it out toward him, so slowly he felt agony in every breath he took. Then, the blade fell at his feet. He watched in confusion for a moment as the beast of a man spoke, both to demand his name and warn him that he needed to do something impressive- quickly.

Unfortunately, Kyr was unaccustomed to impressive. In lieu of some magnanimous speech or grandiose rise to the challenge, the youth simply did as he was bidden. "Kyr," he spoke evenly, a tone that did not betray the initial fear he felt. Of course, he had grown good at driving down his emotions. He had become a master of owning them. Rage ruled the men and women in his family, and Kyr had suffered many times because of that fact. "My name is Kyr."

His fingers traced the sturdy hilt of the ebon blade that the Berserker had dropped, in awe of the excellent craftsmanship. Though his gaze did not waver or break from the man before him, he could feel the spirit of that blade like warmth in his arm. A dark fire that raged deep within it whispered of the countless lives it had ended- and Kyr could not be sure whether those lives were computer generated or real.

It unnerved him.

The idea of a blade that had ended life, so much life, at his disposal- it was a promise of power. Great temptation, but also, the weapon condemned whoever would wield it to grave responsibility.

His fingers gripped the hilt of the blade now, and against his spirit screaming for him to stop, he hefted the sword and looked along the blade. Every inch of the blade glistened a dark color, free from imperfection. "I can feel them," he muttered quietly. "Every life that ended at the edge of this weapon. Like links in a chain, threatening to inevitably drag me to hell."

Kyr moved his gaze back to the Berserker. "What is it you would have me to do?"

Dom grinned wickedly albeit it wasn't visible for the boy to see, his intimidation was leaving the boy who addressed himself as Kyr was easily leaving a mark on his mind. He crossed his arms, "Stand up and wield the Duskreaver. I have slain countless legions of creatures, and other player killer's alike with that sword." He informed him.

He turned towards the plains of the first floor, he dropped his inventory again and set his helmet to invisible so that his masculine features of his face were visible. His strong jaw, his five o'clock shadow, his rebellious hair style all could be seen to Kyr.

It was time to let the boy know who he is talking to.

Dom looked back at Kyr certain that the boy had never obtained one of thw information broker books, "So what do you know of the other players here on the grounds of Aincrad?" He asked the boy.

It was quite obvious he was withholding information from Kyr since he hadn't yet instructed what he wanted the goth boy to do. But yet still the behemoth of a warrior had the guy in his vicinity, he needn't push things along to fast. In fact, Dom had quite the few hours to spare to try and find a way to entertain himself.

His wicked red eyes piercing toward Kyr as though he were looking into the boy's soul through his eyes. Dom could see a future of violence and gradeur through him, but just as much so, Dom's past in Aincrad could be seen through his eyes which spout a dangerous past.

Kyr stood in shock for a moment as the stronger player not only offered up his weapon, but removed his helmet and took the opportunity to familiarize himself with a lowly beginner. He did instantly as he was bidden, and he fingered the command to equip Duskreaver instead of his current weapon. The bastard sword at his back dissipated in a brilliant flash of pale blue, which left Kyr with only the wicked weapon in his hand.

He stared hard at the gift, and he heeded what his newfound patron said. It had slain legions of creatures and hordes of players alike. What a strange sensation. The bottom of his stomach growled low at the idea of holding such a tool.

Kyr bid his body silent as he strapped the powerful blade to his back. "Only what I have found in my relatively short journey," he answered. Of the few people in Aincrad he knew, few of them were exceptional. "I've chanced upon a few higher level players, but I've never really interacted with anything they might have faced."

He turned his own gaze out toward the spiral clouds, dyed orange by the late day sun. "I have seen so little of this world, it's pathetic."

(Before anyone complains, I already got his permission to do this for story based reasonings. Enjoy.)

Dom chuckled with his powerfully deep tone, He affixed his eyes over the hills toward the orange sun as it set, "Well, there was a reason I approached you instead of having other approach me. I noticed that weak greatsword resting there, and it dawned on me that there aren't many two-handed weapon users in this world. And amongst the few there are, none of them can even stand up to me in combat." He stated with a sour tone, it seemed like a lack of someone who could truly challenge him was beginning to urk him.

He closed his eyes and let out a calming sigh, "But, if I cannot fight the best. Then I shall train the one that can give me a true challenge." He seethed.

He turned to the man Kyr and charged at him with powerful strides, bumping into him and forcing him to the edge of Aincrad. Overpowering the frail boy to the point where he began to fall off the edge of Aincrad, just to be caught on the neck with a vicegrip by Ssendom. "You have the mentality to become a stronger, you have that sense that drives you to become stronger and powerful" He had a wicked look in his eyes and grin.

The suddenness of the actions of Ssendom should put nothing but the true aspect of fear into the very soul of Kyr, Dom was putting the absolute fear that he could completely slaughter the poor and hapless boy who had visions of grandeur and strength, "What do you say... Do you strive the path of power?" He asked waiting to see a motion of yes or no stated by Kyr with physical actions as Dom was crushing his voice box, "Well?" His voice becoming even more disturbing.

Edited by Ssendom
  • 2 weeks later...

DOM REQUIRES DRUNKEN POST

I MUST GIVE HIM ONE.

He stared into the eyes of his assailant with a blank, thoughtful look. There was no pain. There was the sensation of pressure on his throat, but it hardly felt like what he had felt so many times.

Josh loved his father, but the drink was a monster. Dark nights back home were spent in his room, sequestered away for fear of patriarchal wrath. The sensation of his throat nearly being crushed was far more terrifying than this. What did rouse something in him was dangling far above his imminent death, a world below.

It was almost ironic. This world had hundreds of ways to die. All of them were surrounding him at all times. Now that the one unrealistic death stared him down, it felt like the first time all over again.

The moment when Kayaba told everyone that Sword Art Online was a death game.

In that instant, the cold fear in the pit of his stomach rushed through his veins. His body froze over. "Power is the only path that does not lead to death," Kyr answered, each word breaking on his lips.

"I will be free of this."

Dom grinned wickedly, bringing the boy back onto the main ground and setting him upon his feet, releasing the vice grip that was left on his throat. "Indeed, the path of power is the one that does not lead to death. Let's give you the strength to face your foes, use that sword and show me what you have in you to fight." He seethed through his teeth, with a twinge of excitement.

He then gripped the boy's shoulder with an intense grip, giving him a power that the boy would soon be unable to fathom in any manner of the sense. Dom transferred the Unique Skill Berserker to the boy, "No one is to know that you have the Unique Skill Berserker. If people wonder how you regenerate health upon attack, you inform them that it just happens that way." He explains to Kyr, "It is vital that it stay under wraps so you're not the target of people wanting the Unique Skill. You understand boy?" He asked with a sense of anger and passion.

With that he pointed out to a group of 2 boars that were eating grass rather peacefully, "Now use what I have given you to take them out." He stated, whistling out loud to Amethyst to fly out of his chest plate and land on Kyr's shoulder. Immediately the Purple Flaming Phoenix Whelp began to rub it's face on Kyr's, there was no burning or even hot sensation on the boy's face, demonstrating just how much control the phoenix had over it's fire.

"Damnit Amethyst, you're happy go lucky state always manages to ruin a mood you know." He insulted the bird, which in turn chirped incredibly happily as if it knew what Dom said and retorted that the bird does it happily.

<Dom gave the Unique Skill Berserker to Kyr via Grip upon Kyr's shoulder.>

Edited by Ssendom