[Completed] [PP-F5] Sand Shark Chum <Blood in the Sand> (Macradon)

The heat from the sun almost immediately beat down on Lawfer as he materialized in the Center of Armadillo, the safe zone, of Floor Five. The golden haired spearman had heard of a respawning floor boss that had been making waves deep in the sands of the desert. Having been to the floor countless times, Lawfer immediately sought refuge under the countless linen canopies that were a common sight in the desert bungalow tow. ‘I’m glad I already got the survival skill’, Lawfer thought to himself as he pulled his shemagh down and across his face, to protect himself from the constant blowing sands.

Raising his right hand, he entered his friend database. He would need help if he was going to take down this field boss. According the info brokers, it had just enough health to make it troublesome for the spear bearer to tackle solo, at least at the moment. Lawfer had recently become acquainted with his new ally Macradon now that he was part of the Knights Elite Strike force. Selecting his ally, he began to send him a message.

“Hey Macradon, its Lawfer. I was wondering if you could cruise down to Floor 5 and help me drop the Sand Shark. It’s a little more than I can handle by myself. Let me know if you can make it.”

Having hit the send button, Lawfer took a seat in one of the spare chairs that outside of the pub that he had just made his way to. It was going to be another long day in the barren wasteland of floor 5.

Edited by Lawfer

After his short training session on his 14th floor with the dreadnought, Ssendom, he would take a rest down on the 11th floor at Taft. After taking a few sips of his drink a small letter icon appeared on his HUD. With a few clicks the message would pop up. It was his new team member, Lawfer. He was asking if Macradon could help him out with a quest, the Sand Shark quest. He would finish his drink and pay for it as he would get to the warp plaza. "Heh, now I'll get to test my new baby" he thought for himself and equipped his new weapon, Scarecrow's Sickle, and attach it to its scabbard on his back. "I'll be coming" Macradon wrote in the message he would send to Lawfer. "Warp 5th floor" he would say as he stood on the warp plaza and would vanish from Taft and reappear down on the 5th floor. As he got out from the plaza he would look for Lawfer, probably at the tavern or the inn. Clad in his uniform armor, all red and white, Macradon would see Lawfer sitting in a pub. With his sallet on and visor down, Macradon would enter the low light pub compared to the outside. With a quick flickering on the menu, the visor would be drawn up and Macradon's face would be revealed. "Ahh, there you are" he would say as he saw the table Lawfer sat at.

As the fully armored Macradon appeared in front of the spear bearer, Lawfer stood. “ Hopefully you weren’t searching to long.” The golden haired man stated, as he polished off his glass of water in an attempt to hydrate himself before heading into the wasteland of floor 5. “I really appreciate the help Macradon. After I realized the Shark was a little too much for my current DMG output to handle, I couldn’t just head out there solo to my demise.” Lawfer said to the fully armor clad man, with a slight chuckle. Raising his right hand he entered his interface, and sent Macradon a party invite. Then switched over to his inventory and equipped his heavy armor and Lawbreaker Halberd. Lawfer had already collected the quest and he was ready to head out, provided Macradon didn't need to do any last minute preparations. “I'm ready to head out if you are. But I don’t quite know where the sand shark is... so if you could lead the way I think it would work out better for the both of us. I don't think either of us want to do anything out in the desert if we don't have to."

"No, it wasn't too much a hassle to find you" he would say with a grin on his lips. He had been looking a in a few different taverns and inns to finally find his guild member. "I remember when I first soloed the shark, it was quite a fight" Macradon said, remembering the time when he obliterated the shark in a few quick movements, he was sure to delete its existence even faster today. He would sigh with a smile as he would check his items if he had all he needed, a few bottles of water if the weather would get too hot and his sword in the inventory for the shock factor for later. A party invite would appear in front of Macradon and he would accept it. "I've done this quest aprox 3 times now so I should have gotten the hang of the path to the shark's nest" Macradon would say. He would turn around and walk towards the exit "I'll get us to the shark on a safe route without any mobs so we have energy for the shark" he said.

Lawfer laughed, he knew Macradon was strong but to think he had toppled the shark 3 times already. The golden haired spearman knew that his new guild members were strong. But to think that he was now on the bottom of the totem poll when it came to strength, it didn’t sit right. Back in the blades, the only person that surpassed him was Mack.  “I’ll follow then.” Lawfer said with a smile, as he quickly checked his inventory for anything else he may need, but he was adequately prepared as always. "After we take this guy down, I think i'll be strong enough to solo it. I lack the EP at the moment but shouldn't be a problem in the future. "

Macradon would throw a smile back at Lawfer "Sounds good" he would say. If they finished this quest and Lawfer did get stronger, he would be able to do a lot by himself. Macradon would get towards the gates of the town and prepare himself. He would take his sallet's visor down to shield his eyes from the sand storm. "Here we go" he said as he would step out into the hot sandy dessert. The subtle sand storm would rage upon the dessert's sandy hills and the mobs slowly walking around on the fields. The route to the shark's nest wasn't that far from the town's exit, so the walk wont take too long.

As the pair made their way to the gates of the safe zone, Lawfer smiled. He was excited to get a move on, and he was sure the Macradon had many things to do as well. “I’ll follow your lead…” Lawfer stated as he pulled his shemagh across his face to block out the small bits of sand that always seemed to get into his mouth. “So Mac… Why did you decide to join the Knights?” He asked trying to start up a conversation.  “I’m sure you could have joined any of the guilds with your strength.” For himself, Lawfer just followed his guild as they were absorbed into the Knights, being lucky enough to join the Strike team because of his previous ranking. 

Macradon would smile and chuckle slightly. It was true that someone with his strength would be desirable for strong guilds, but he really liked joining a guild like this, a guild of knights. "I always liked the knight theme" he would say with a smile, though it wasn't seen, obscured by the helmet he donned before they would get out into the fields. "I really liked the Crusaders in history and wanted to follow their steps of heralding their voice for their masters" he said and would look at the sands, rocks and the big rock boulders. He would allocate his location and would follow the route he had been taking the other times. "This way" he would say with a stern voice and walk in an arc in the middle of the big sands, reason being for mobs to appear.

AS the golden haired warrior listened to the man’s explanation as to why he moved forward with his build, he was amazed that ancient history was the reason. Lawfer had enjoyed learning about medieval times, and all the wars that had been waged over the past millennia, in fact those books and stories were the only enjoyable things he remembered reading during his time at the private institutions he had been a part of. “That’s interesting Mac. Didn’t realize anyone else was a history buff.” He commented as he felt the shifting sand below him as he followed the fully armored warrior. 

Noticing that the sand was shifting too much under him, Lawfer looked at his flanks. "Mac.. I think we go something." He stated as he reached back and grasped the handle of his Lawbreaker. Slinging the gold and silver halberd over his shoulder he lowered his stance. In an instant the moving sand shaped into four well sized golems. He had become accustomed the the Snow Golems on the 4th floor, but this was the first time he had run across the sand counterpart. 

Stepping forward with his lead foot, Lawfer swung his large halberd at the closest golem. His confidence was brimming, but the golem had dispersed right before his halberd made contact then reconstructed itself. "Well thats a new one." Lawfer stated with a puzzled look on his face. The lead golem was a diversion, as he looked back the other three golems had gained distance on him and reached out to hit him in the back. Diving to the right, Lawfer evaded the groups attack. "Might need your help with this one Macradon."

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 64/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16
Sword Art Used: Miss

Macradon HP: 125/125
Macradon EP: 30/30
Sword Art Used:

Sand Golem - HP: 63/63   15 DMG   16 Mit

ID: 50044
BD: 2= Miss [+2HM Next turn]
MD: 4

Edited by Lawfer

Macradon would look over as Lawfer said that the ground was shaking. "That was weird, this was the exact path where mobs shouldn't appear" Macradon thought for himself as he would turn around and stand as nothing much was happening. "Guess we'll have to take care of these then ..." he would say as he wold draw out his sword. His sword was very different from what any other two handed sword would look like. This sword was somewhat a version of a farmer's sickle, but sized up enough to be a two handed weapon. This was a unique sword that no one else had, it was a strong blade with a lot of damage embed into it as well as having a weird curve to a greatsword. Macradon would sigh as some golems would appear, Macradon would get into a relaxed stance and activate his charge as well as his sword art <Fight Blade> and take down the golems without any trouble. He would sheathe his sword again after the golem's disappearance. "Shall we continue" Macradon would say as he would turn back towards the direction he was walking at.

ID: 50047
BD: 6, hit. Charge +1. Fight blade 6x1x14-16=68 AOE damage
CD: 9, no proc
LD: 19, bonus.

- Health List -
  Lawfer: 64/64
Energy: 14/16
Hate: 0

Macradon: 125/125
Energy: 18/30
Hate: 0

Sand Golem - HP: -5/63   15 DMG   16 Mit

- Macradon's acquired loot -
Mats: 8
Col: 1260

Edited by Macradon

[OOC: Sorry Mac.. Misread your previous post otherwise I wouldn't have spawned the monsters]

Lawfer watched as the two-handed sword grandmaster quickly dispatched the pesky sand golems that had randomly appeared in their path. "Well... That was quick." Lawfer stated with a laugh as caught up with his fully-clad superior. "Yeah let's press on." He replied. As the two pressed on, Lawfer trailed closely. He was familiar with the desert but stood clear of the high level monster. "I've never seen a two-handed sword like that. How'd you happen to get ahold of it?" He asked, as he looked at the sheathed sickle. 

[OOC: It's alright]

The golems were quickly brushed off and they would begin to venture to the sharks' nest once again. Macradon was still confused of to why mobs spawned on this path, but it wasn't a big deal, maybe just some random spawn generators that had been placed there instead of somewhere else, Macradon had to look for another path without mobs spawning. He looked back over his shoulder when Lawfer commented on his sword, it was quite different from normal swords. "Oh, sure it's different, it's a unique weapon after all" he would say with a slight chuckle "I bought it off of one of my acquaintances of the Azure Brigade" he would say.

Lawfer was surprised to hear that the weapon was a unique, he hadn't seen one up close before. "So that's one of the fabled uniques." He commented as he paused pulling his foot from a deep pocket of sand. "Well if you hear of any unique 2-handed spears let me know. I would love to get my hands on one of them." He said as the two pressed on, he didn't have a real need for a unique but if he could wrangle one, he was positive that it would be worth it. "Not that I dont enjoy the quality time Macra, but about how much further is the Sand Shark? I imagine we are starting to get close to it." the blue eyed spearman inquired trying to get a bearing on the current situation.

Macradon smiled, though it was shielded away by his helmet "It's right over there" he would say and pointed towards a big rock formation not too far from the two "That's its nest" he would say. It was the nest of the sand shark, though the shark would not appear in an instant, a pleasant entry of the were to happen but not before anyone would enter the nest. Macradon would  begin to enter the shark's nest and get on going into the middle of the small arena. The environment was a sandy ground and rock pillars and boulders making a ring around them, alike an arena. "This is it" he would say "Look out for a triangle shaped object rushing through the san-" he would say when he noticed the shark's backfin "Found it" he would say as the shark would appear.

Shark's entrance

Lawfer watched as his partner pointed out the massive triangular tail fin of the Sandshark cruised easily through its sand pit. Obviously, it was the king of the domain and anything that dared to trudge into its territory would suffer the consequences. "Well... I think its batters up on this guy." He stated with a smirk, reaching up over his right shoulder and slinging his Lawbreaker free from its harness. Lawfer wanted the first strike to be his, there was no point in tagging along to just let someone else do the work. Walking past Macradon with spear in tow he smiled as he pulled the monsters attention. A massive stream of sand launched up, as the shark surfaced a few meters in front of the spearbearer. 

"I'll stun it and you finish." Lawfer stated confidently as he began to spin his halberd in his hands while it began to glow crimson. The Sand Shark charged in violently. Before crashing into the blue-eyed spearman, <Divide> activated and in one quick vertical strike, LAwfer smacked the Shark's jaw causing it to wrench its neck up before it fell to the side stunned. 

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 64/64 [1 Hate]
Lawfer EP: 6/16
Sword Art Used: <<Divide>> -10EP  8*7=56DMG + Stun

Macradon HP: 125/125
Macradon EP: 20/30
Sword Art Used:

Sand Shark - HP: 69/125   30 DMG <<Stunned>>

ID: 50286
BD: 8
MD: 5 Stunned

Edited by Lawfer

Macradon watched as Lawfer rushed up and stunned the shark with a 30 damage stun, which was quite impressive. He would not wait for long before he would move in a fast pace with his <Charge>, moving so fast no one would be able to follow by sight. Even though it did seem quite strange that he rushed past Lawfer and past the shark, ending up with his back turned at the shark. His sword was in front of Macradon, hanging in a low guard. Macradon would begin to turn his body around by the right, which would activate his sword art, a sword art that was very useful if anyone were to try to attack Macradon from the back. With a swift swipe above Macradon, his sword would turn in an arc from the low guard, then arcing above him to then cleave down strongly on the sand shark with his strong singlehit attack. With that attack the shark would scream in the programmed pain it was supposed to show before it would scatter. The special drop would land in Macradon's screen, he would take it and throw it at Lawfer "Catch" he would say with a smirk.

ID: 50314
BD: 5+1=6, hit. Charge +1. Back rush 1x5x14=70 DMG.
LD: 7, nothing special.

Sand Shark - HP: -1/125   30 DMG <<Stunned>>

Edited by Macradon

Lawfer smiled as he caught the potion that Macradon had tossed over to him. "Thanks." He commented with an excited voice. Due to his low mitigation stats this would make for the perfect addition to his arsenal for the tougher floors. "Looks like I owe you a drink when we get back to town big guy." He jested as he spun his spear in his hand then placed it back in its harness. He could hear a clank as it locked into place on his back. "I guess all thats left is to head back now." Lawfer stated as he began to follow his partner back in the direction of town. "If you need any help in the future let me know, with the SP im getting with this I should be able to get to the 2nd rank in First Aid no problem." He continued on to state.

He smiled as Lawfer would "sheathe" he weapon, Macradon did as well. "Oh, you don't owe me anything! I got SP from this, so it's worth the trip itself" he said with a smirk as he would begin to look up at the sky, it was indeed hot out here, also in his armor which wasn't that pleasant. "Yeah, let's get back before any pesky sandstorm appears" he commented at Lawfer as the two were heading back to the town. "Actually I was thinking of going to get Lord of the Seas finished, but I think it's too dangerous for you" he would say.

Lawfer laughed, "Yeah I heard about that massive sea wyvern. I should probably hang back a bit before i try to crush that one." The man was well aware of his powerlessness on the lower floors. Not only did he lack the appropriate damage, his mitigation needed to beefed up as well before he could tangle with that boss. AS the spear man walked side by side with his partner he looked out into the distance to spot the town of armadillo. "Looks like we are almost there big guy." The man said with a smirk. The desert was quite daunting, even if he had already mastered his survival bonus skill. "Well if you need anything in the future, even if its just to grind, let me know. I'll return the favor."

They weren't too far away from the main settlement of the floor, Armadillo. Macradon really didn't have any plan after the quest, maybe go down to the 4th floor to meet Zandra and get some potions up and running for the Lord of the Seas quest. He would take a deep breathe as the sandy winds would blow by Macradon's helmet, glancing off but leaving sound on the inside of the helmet. "Yeah, soon back in "shelter"" he said with a slight chuckle, soon away from these sands and soon gone from this floor. "I'll sure be giving you a heads up" Macradon said with a smile at Lawfer. "I think I'll go back down to my shop to check up on request, so we'll see each other later" he would say as the two would arrive at the town. Macradon would head to the warp plaza and warp down to the first floor.