[SP-F6] <<Calming the Soul>> (Quest) COMPLETE

The days of SAO were the same as ever.. long.. and stressing. Haine wished she could go back to the days that she never had a single care in the world. She wondered what she could do with this situation. And she found just the right solution!

Rumor has it.. that there is this peaceful waterfall, surrounded by a breathtaking atmosphere.. it is told that it is a very good spot to leave all your worries behind too. And if you are able to concentrate enough.. you will see a demons reflection in the water.. and it is up to you to face your demons.. your worries..

The blue haired teen had though over this numerous times over. It was a very good decision she believed. So she will seek this ultimate meditation.

The walk was quite peaceful, and on her way she saw more and more beautiful scenes.. Nature was truly a beautiful thing.. it was a part of her, but of course music was ten times better.

Finally she reached the end of her long travel, and peered into the distance... it was beautiful! A calm, peaceful, and flowing waterfall. The grass was a lush green, and the sky was a brilliant shade of blue. The wind blew swiftly, giving off a chilling sensation to the atmosphere. It made her want to leap with joy. It felt just like when she was back at her grandparents.. in Hokkaido.

The breeze swayed her dress slightly. The fact that being alone was in her head.. strange. She didn't feel lonely at the moment..

She sighed calmly and slipped her boots off, feeling the earthy moss thoroughly.. the memories were flooding back, into her soul. The times where she would pick flowers and make crowns, and play her old wooden flute and dance.. a sudden pop of precious memories..

She twirled around childishly and giggled to herself, she felt like she was seven again.. She was glad that she found this place.

In the distance were a few large smoothened out boulders, they served as if they were seats in a way.. It was as if she was tempted to sit down. Oh my.. Guess she wasn't lying when she said nature spoke to her? Eheheh...

The golden eyed girl plopped down onto the stone and stared at the tree across the pond from her.. she nearly lost her mind when she saw an illusion..

The tree moved- THE TREE MOVED?!! H-H-H-How??!!! Paranormal activity is in the remake children..

It took the girl quite a while to calm down from the utter shock. It was an illusion all along! Of course trees can't move! Ohh stupid Haine! She always had her head in the loony bin.. Anyways..

Her heart had finally started to beat normally thank Kami-sama.. and all was well.. She let herself be lost in trance, the soothing sound of moving water fills her ears... It repeated in the process.. It made her wonder how long- literally how long a river could flow without stopping. Arr waterfall in this case, But same thing right? Maaaybee....

She exhaled a deep breath as she felt the soothing breeze kiss her smooth skin, and Sakura Petals land on her smooth white frock.. The sounds of nature, and the elements... they combined together to make a relaxing atmosphere.. Sometimes she wondered how nature could be so perfect.. It could make her wonder for hours on..

As she folded her legs, the song Kiss The Rain had popped up in her head. She knew that piano song by heart.. It always put her to sleep.. Mama used to play her that song all the time before she tucked Haine into bed..

She remembered every note.. every key to the piece..

She smiled as she breathed in the mossy earth's smell.. And surely after a few, she was completely relaxed and soothed.

A deep voice was heard in her head. "Ready to face your demons twit?" the voice hissed venomously, sending shivers up the bluenette's spine.

"E-Enemies? Wh-what.. Demons?" she gasped out loud. She heard the voice chuckle, her left her curious, for he did not reply to her question...

All of a sudden she was flashed to quite a familiar place.. Her school.. she cautiously stepped on the floor and looked around. Then all of a sudden a group of girls circled Haine, with devious smirks on their faces. "Oh my gosshh.. You're so fake! You body is so plastic~" one girl snickered as she yanked at the shaking bluenette's locks roughly.

Another girl stared at her in disgust. "Just because you're an idol doesn't make you perfect.. I mean look at you.. Popular people should have friends! What do you have?" she spat.

Then it was her old best friend.. who betrayed her... She was going to stab her heart too right?? "Only losers would give a flip about you.." she stated with a huff.

Her heart shrunk as she started to tear up. "SHUT UP!!! WHAT DID I-I EVEN DO TO YOU?!" she hollered as she felt her eyes burn up and tears slid down her cheeks like a dripping fossit.

"Oh my! I'm soo scared!" one girl gasped fakely. The other girls pulled her into a corner and pinned her against a wall roughly. The leader of the posse stared at the innocent girls golden eyes, with a great amount of hate.

"You're not going to steal my stage Akashiya Miyoko.." the leader said between gritted teeth as she punched Haine in the face.

Soon enough the whole group had joined in..

She gasped for breath and coughed out a strange liquid.. it's called blood. She whimpered as she backed away from them, her rear end glued to the floor. "Please g-go away.." she sobbed as she clutched her about broken wrist, wincing from the pain it had caused her.

"Really? This is how you fight your demons?" the deep voice in her head questioned sarcastically.

B-But I can't do it! They are so strong.. and I'm only one person.. what great could I even do?" she sighed inwardly.. gluing her eyes to the floor.

"That's why you cant fight Miyoko.. you are pathetic.. Can't even solve a simple problem.." the demon cooed, causing Haine's vein's to literally pulse rapidly.

"I-I have to do something. They can't just push me around! THEY CANT TOUCH ME!! It's wrong and its mean! I have to tell them to back off in a non wimpy way... But how? How will I do it? I don't know how.." she inwardly sighed..

She struggled to her feet and clenched her fists tightly. "Hey. You girls.. over there!" she shouted as she pointed at the bullies accusingly..

Her breath was quite ragged.. And she struggled to think of what to say next.

They turned around with curious looks on their faces. The bluenette shriveled slightly before putting a stern look on her face. "You don't have any right to touch me. You guys feed you're strength off of bullying. And in reality.. its really you guys who are the weak ones.. I am really sorry about that." Haine softly replied as she stopped shaking.

"What?!" one girl glared as she glared daggers straight at Haine viciously. "Someone should shut this twit up.." the leader groaned in an impatient manner.

Her mood slightly changed due to her bipolar disorder. So she snapped. "Like I said, you have no right to touch me. It's weak of you. And first of all, what will greed do? You're friends are only by you because you're popular. I would rather be alone.. than have fake friends. And I enjoy what I do. I'm not an attention hog... unlike you sluts. So if you have any problems, just go and gossip you're pathetic hearts out." Haine neutrally replied as she nodded in a mature manner. The other girls backed away slightly before they disappeared. Now it was pitch black.

"Well done weakling.. You still have a long way to go.. bet you won't make it with that childish nature of yours." the demon-like voice hissed.

"OH QUIET YOU LITTLE GLOB OF NEGATIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the bluenette fumed as she puffed her cheeks out in anger. The voice made an audible smirk and she felt a cold mist around her, in the complete darkness.

"You know I have the authority end yourrrr lifffffeee~" the voice purred before it insanely laughed. It was to much that she wanted to scream for him to shut up. But the demon was doing it to ruin the teens meditation process anyways.

"I am peaceful.. nothing can break my concentration.." she repeated over and over as she tried to cool down.

Her breath slowly evened out and her concentration rose. Soon her whole atmosphere changed... and she was in a dungeon-like room. And in front of her was a masked figure.. a person who hid their face behind a cloak.. Level: Unknown. Gender: Unknown. HP: Unknown. Haine gulped as she took a step back.. Wh-what is happening? How can a player be unknown in almost everything? Then how is this person.. even a person?

She approached the person with caution. "Wh-who are you..?" she stuttered shyly. The figure smirked and Haine's breath hitched as shivers ran up her spine. "T-TELL ME!" the golden eyed teen demanded.

The hooded figure pulled her hood off and faced Haine with dull eyes.. She looked exactly like.. herself. But this copy was different.. it was an "evil-ish" version of her.. <> her name cursor read.. it was orange. This caused her to jump back in fear. Then she saw those scars running down her copy's leg.. the scars she put on herself when she was depressed earlier.

"You were so weak.. You almost killed an innocent girl on purpose!" the voice lashed as she moved aside a little, her cheeks still stained with tears.. this was Haine earlier.. when her heart was broken.. except she wasn't a player killer.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!" the real Haine screeched as she tried her hardest not to remember those old memories.. feeling left out, and the other thing.. she didn't want to remember it. If she did.. she would go crazy.. All she worked so hard to get over.. she would have to re- cope again. She couldn't stand that.

"Remember.. him." the copy chuckled darkly as she chuckled insanely. The real Haine dropped to the floor and put her hands on her ears, screaming for her to shut up.

"I DONT NEED TO REMEMBER HIM!!!!!!!!!!!" she shouted... she didn't want to break her mask.. her fake mask.. of childishness. After that one day, everything changed.. she didn't know how she could ever smile again.. so she put up a mask. Her way of saying.. I'm okay. What Haine was facing, was the real her.. inside. The Haine of her true feelings.

"You always felt so left out right? So worthless, like a pathetic child. How you dealt with it? Cutting. Sewing as many as things as you could. Stupid. You even abandoned your most valuable possession.. Bunny-chan. and you thought that it would get you more friends? Maybe because of that this someone might actually notice you again? You're clueless!" her copy shouted. She held out her hand, filled with fresh cuts.. and made another one.. which somehow made the real Haine's heart hurt.

"You don't have to hold it in.. Kill as many as you would like to! Hurt those who judge you! Kill all of those you want to forget! Embrace the sight of their HP bar at zero!" she mischievously giggled as she licked the running blood from her arm.

"Face your fears.. Miyoko. You can do it.. let go of the past, no matter how hard it seems.. though you still have these scars, you can live a new life.. with fresh memories... no hate, and no things held against others.." Haine inwardly thought as she balled her fists.

"Look at what you did to yourself.. sooner or later, what you see in front of you will be yourself.. join me! Give in weakling," her clone spat before she licked her blood stained sword and giggled. This made the real Haine mortified.. this is her?! Her future self? A PLAYER KILLER... A hateful person, a person worse than her real sister.. no way.. it couldn't be!

She wouldn't allow this to happen.. she'd go insane.

"No, I might have the same body.. but I will not have the same heart!" the teen exclaimed as she stepped up boldly and pointed at her heart with her pointer finger. "And this... is something you cant change.. you don't have authority over what I feel. AND I, I ALONE HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE MY OWN DESICIONS!" the golden eyed girl shouted as she stared at her clone in the eye.. and slowly, she walked up to her.