[SP-F1] Life's rejuvenation <<Calming the soul>>

Deep within the Jungle of floor six, noises that would likely mimic the ones heard in an actual jungle, echoed throughout the branches and gave this floor a more lively sense instead of dangerous one. Here was where Erm was walking. The thoughts of a waterfall for meditation and the deep forestry that surrounded it, sounded pretty cliche'. This especially rung vibrant in Erm's mind due to the quest description following the stereotypical mark layout that was more found in movies than actual practice. With a sigh, he at least thought it would be fun to do something he was so common with in order to advance his abilities in the game. His blue sapphire eyes mirrored his path ahead as he walked onward, the imagery of tree's spun around the circular radius of his iris's.

With each rotation of the reflection in his sapphire eyes, Erm grew closer with ease from the fact that it was one of those locations that seemed to have a life of its own. The sound of thunderous collision coming from the waterfall had made the task all but a measly walk in the park now that he was close enough to follow the noises. Erm picked up the pace a little and let his ears lead him when his eyelids closed together.

Leaving thoughts at bay like he best did, the absence of mind held him content until the real thing would be approached and tested under his initial judgement. Hitting his foot along the water at the cut off, Erm opened his eyes slowly to view the magnificent beauty before him. It was now time for him to face his inner demons and the sound of that alone would keep this a more difficult task than any other before now. (Let's see what you have in store for me, game.) Erm spoke to himself and slunk into the water in order to begin the swim over to a boulder.

All of the odd placements for the boulders were of little benefit to him except for the few that were lined up near the center rim of the waterfalls falling point. Pushing himself up onto one of them, Erm unequipped his two-handed sword for a more comfortable position when seated and went under work to do just what he set out to. Letting out a sigh first and then a deep breath, his eyes closed once more and he searched within his own body for the right frequency of breathing. Slowing down and picking up his oxygen intake until it was even, he underwent the familiar trance and felt himself become surrounded with ill intent. Whether or not he would be prone in the actual game, he was unsure and only able to focus on the present threat.

"Hello there! You seem to have found a rather interesting way to get rid of me! You knew I would only be gone temporarily, you have quite the life left to live before you're buried and can leave me behind." He himself, covered in shadows and contrasted with a red eye color, stood before his normal form and cackled behind the crashing water. "You like to think you've gotten rid of me, but I figure you're smart enough to know that thoughts have little power as they are projected." Erm's darker form continued to speak to himself in the awkwardness that was left when Erm decided to leave the air open for reply. The darker and more shadow like form began to grow aggravated with having to stare and compete with such a stubborn body. Erm's eyes were closed and his entire aura gave away the feeling he was just ignoring his darker self and continuing to meditate.

• 3 months later...

"You think you can just ignore me? Very insignificant to the original Erm I had imagined in my mind. You'll think it won't hurt you if you just block it away even thought you know how deadly I am inside. Keep ignoring me, you'll realize how foolish you were in throwing away your initial thoughts when I jam my fore arm through your body like a skewer." The entity's normal humanoid figure was broken in its reality as its tongue started to force itself out until it became much larger and longer than a normal tongue. The pressure behind the swollen weight of its muscle, forced tearing along the skin at each side of his mouth. The darkness grew open in giant crags and the rest of the tongue laid out in front of the creature, even going so far as to sink beneath the lake's water.

"I've only met you twice, but you know you only exist from my mind and no one else is more capable of matching you than myself. You're letting your own haste and frustration lead you away from logically planning how to take me down." Erm stood and opened his eyes towards the ripples being created away from the group of naturally occurring ones. As the tongue shot up through it's broken stealth, Erm left into the water himself to appropriately slow the tongue down with him. His two-handed weapon wouldn't be of use but he had other tricks to help him reach a safe distance for a counter. (You won't think of anything that I didn't consider before, I'm still able to keep you guessing with enough quick thinking.) The shadow of himself picked up everything he thought seconds later and it made for a convenient excuse to use everything he practiced up until now.

The creature's massive tongue lunge and swipes still weren't slow enough in the water to dodge, but Erm was able to defend himself well with his weapon. The long blade held straight down from his hands and kept in place with his foot, blocking the offensive with a harsh force that knocked his weapon out of hand and only swift action could place it back again before the next hit came in. (How does it feel to know you'll be the only one feeling pain during this battle?) Erm asked and only enraged the beast. Since his opponent was computerized, it's scuffs would be all the more harsh but it still knew that his real counterpart would have the biggest sacrifice of all if he should lose.

With short intervals between his variety of skills that helped him escape the lake, Erm climbed quickly onto the shore available to grab. In the hurry to avoid any surprises from the lashing tendril, he shot up onto his feet and prepared the same defense with his sword, except the point was wedged under his shoe this time; Expecting the next movement to come from through area of water he was closest to.

1-5 (The attack misses Erm)

6-10 (The attack connects with Erm)

1-2 (Erm gets a counter attack)

Nothing was coming after him, not that Erm could tell but it seemed like it had been enough time to warrant some kind of opposition yet nothing. The more Erm focused on what would come beneath him, the more he could hear a slight buzzing and screaming mixed sound. (Goodness! What is that noise!? It sounds horrible..) After a few more seconds of the sound escalating, the creature responded. "You haven't heard that sound before? Or are you just forgetting everything important nowadays!?" Turning his head to peek over his own shoulder, Erm stared into the maw of himself that was not only producing the mass tongue from it's hole in front of him but appeared to have crimson colored screaming faces stretched along side it's insides.

His other body looked completely ripped away from anything average now, the skin looked ripped off in many appropriate places and the eyes were like his but twice as large and altogether was showered in a dark red and almost black like blood appearance along with the rest of the body. Erm stumbled back alongside his weapon right before the mouth erupted with it's own noise that could pierce way beyond just this realm or plane of existence within the game if possible. Wincing at the gurgling and shrieking of his former self was all he could do to stop it for now because 'it' wouldn't.

Now back on his feet, seconds weren't even spared before Erm was volleyed by the lashes again and this time he could feel his grip on the timing beginning to slip up with each passing push against his blade. He had an idea, but he couldn't speak it to himself until after the skill was sure to activate. "itsmnothingthumbignispadtribblerandomtriviaitems.." The random words flowed into his mind as an attempt to distract only but it wouldn't last long for him once his imagination started to go dull on him like it usually would.

1-5 (Sprint skill activates and attack is succesful)

6-10 (Activation fails and attack misses.)

Pushing the tongue to the side, Erm was ready to pull of the maneuver but it failed. His feet lit up on the side with light blue angel wings but ultimately sparked and disappeared seconds later, which caused him to fall off the rhythm and flow of battle he had. Instead of the usual attack, the creature actually roundhouse kicked straight from the back of it's leg instead and connected to Erm's arm but had no damage dealt due to the inclusion of the sword bracing it along side the front of it. "We'll never get anywhere like this until you collapse from the strain, you'd better be expecting me not to wait quietly while you rest either." The name of his enemy had appeared along side the health bar it displayed. (Facestealer is its alias but it's long since apparent it doesn't intend to stay the same for too long.)