[Completed] [PP-F9] Team Lawpal? <<Guardian of Fire>> (Opal)

Lawfer sat in the center of Vulcan Village, the heavy smell of machinery and soot expanded over the region. The golden haired spear bearer had experienced the industrialized town before but he tried to stear clear of it because he lacked the skill to competently fight against the stronger monsters of the floor. Scrolling through his quest log, he found the information of a quest, that he had waited to take until he became strong enough. His info broker had advised him that he not take the quest until he got stronger, but he needed to take the chance so he could move up the ranks with haste. “There is no time like the present.” He stated to himself as he found the local pub.

Taking a seat, the golden haired man scratched his head, he needed some help. Opening his interface, he knew there was only one person he could count on at this point. Being hesitant at first he selected the message option.

‘Hey Opal. I know it’s been awhile, but I could really use your help. I was planning on taking down the <<Guardian of Fire>> quest and after I crunched the numbers I need a little back up. I know how you love getting all hot and sweaty. -_- But could you meet me at Vulcan Village. I’ll make it up to you.’

The azure eyed warrior had hit send, and awaited the raven haired vixens response. "Guess its time for another adventure for Team Lawpal.."

Edited by Lawfer

The cigarette burned to its last remaining hit as she took the final drag. Holding in the citrus cloud before expelling it out into the air, the woman pressed her lips and allowed a steady stream to exit as she flicked the butt from her fingers as it pixelated into digital trash and dust. The woman breathed in, barely in anything else but a bra and her silk panties as she lounged on her bed at her favored inn on floor four. The woman was just about to take a nap when she got a ping from her messages, rolling over on her side with an arm propping her head, the woman swept her hand over her menu to check out who was messaging her; Lawfer. She had mixed feelings about the contents of the message, but her mind and lips drew in a happy red lipped smile as she made her simple reply. The word "Sure." was the only thing she sent to him in response to his request. Though it was for the best, had Lawfer stayed that night with her in that Temple in the mountains, something she might have regretted would have most definitely happened, but they both had to move on despite the sexual tension between the two. 

Clearing her throat and getting up and stretching, one arm over the other until it popped, Opal got up with her dainty feet upon the cold wooden floor. She dragged a finger over her equipment and got dressed in her Blood Oath Armor and was ready to venture out. Swinging her digits around the door knob, the woman left her little home and stepped outside into the cold, frosty weather. Her hot breath mixed with the air as she made her way to the Portal Plaza of Snowfrost, declared her destination and was warped none to later. 

Seconds passed as she appeared in the searing atmosphere of Vulcan Village, immediately she was regretting her decision to be here despite it being a friend in need of help. She was to meet up with him at the local tavern apparently. It would be nice to have a cold beer before going out and doing anything in this heat, the woman headed there, not exactly knowing the layout of the city, but she just followed the player's ping in her interface map and found the place without so much trouble. Going inside, it was a bit more pleasant, "What the hell? Does air conditioning not exist in this world?" the woman mumbled to herself as she found Lawfer not too far away. 

"Hey..." was all she could muster up to say to him, she looked away, amber eyes seemed to unable to focus on his azure gaze as she swept ebony strands from her face, "So...Guardian of Fire, I think I only did this quest one other time. You realize we have about a day's march or so from the cave? We'll be needing to spend the night outside in this horrible heat and unlike the desert, this place doesn't cool down at night. We should probably stock up on some waters while we are here so we don't dry up as prunes. That would be ew." 

The woman motioned her hand for the NPC, "Can we get a few bottles of water or something. We have a long trip ahead of us, " Opal spoke to the NPC, "Not a problem miss. Going on the Guardian of Fire Quest? I'll let you on a little bit of information I have heard recently. There is a Fire Drake presumably sleeping in one of the caves around here. If you find the cave, you might find some nice rewards along the way. Just thought I'd give you a head up. Here is the water." 

The woman looked to Lawfer, "Wanna attempt to find this Fire Drake? We can save it for another time though if you want. I'd like to revisit this floor though if we don't get to it today. Sub Dungeons are kinda new with the update, I am sure you got the info and the extra experience wouldn't be too bad. I'll leave it up to you though, but I think we have what we need here," Opal was dead set as well as not mentioning what happened the other night. She respected him for his decision to leave her, she was not at all upset with that, she just wished...things turned out a little differently between the two. But time could not be turned back, that was just how things go. 

As Lawfer looked up at the woman, a smile instantly swept across his face, only to immediately be changed to a less eager expression. As he watched her turn his gaze, his heart was pulled for a moment. He was trying had to have the past be the past but this was torture. Taking a deep breath he collected himself, “Hey Opal. Thanks for showing up.” After listening to the woman’s explanation of the quest, he was reminded of the desert and how much of a trial that was in the first place. “That’s fine…” He responded, normally the man was never at a loss for words but this proved to be difficult. He wanted to joke freely again with her like he did in the past, but the quickness in his wit just wasn’t finding its stride. His first reaction was to call off the quest and wait until he was able to solo the monster, but he wouldn’t be able to move up the skill ranks as fast as he needed to.

As the pair began to walk around and collect the materials they would need, Lawfer was almost silent. He kept thinking back to the last time that the two had seen each other, and how much he wanted to stay with her, but in the end he left her, yet again. After hearing the NPC’s words on the Fire Drake that was around, he looked Opal up and down, getting caught in the moment. “Lets do it…” The blonde spearman said, not thinking about how it sounded. “I mean…. Yeah… lets try to find it.” He continued trying to not trip over his own words.

‘Come on Lawfer…. Pull yourself together man. Its not like you mean’t what you said. She probably thought nothing of it and here you are, acting like a grade schooler. Man up Man!’ his thoughts screamed at him, as he let out a slight chuckle. Looking at Opal, he smiled. “Sorry about that Opal, I’m acting a bit ridiculous. Are you ready to get going?” He asked the raven haired woman as he reached out and took his shares of the water. “Excuse me Miss, I’ll need 3 more waters.” As he exchanged the Col with the NPC, he looked back at Opal. “We both know how much you go through water, better safe than sorry.”

She smiled along with her eyes, "Let's try not let things get weird between us. I know we are pretty much walking on eggshells at the moment, but we did decide it was just best to be friends. There is no reason for us to be like this...Awkward and stuff. You be you, and I'll be me. And thanks..." the woman was more than happy to take the extra helping of the water. He knew her well enough, despite having a high cigarette and alcohol desire, the woman drank water like it was air to her lungs. She shifted on her leg and they proceeded to exit the sweltering atmosphere of Vulcan Village. The heat seemed to just focus all around, her vision blurred as if the very air they were in was catching on fire around them. She immediately started to sweat, those translucent beads of water rolled off her curvy features once more, "Well, it's not the desert at least? But I am not sure which one would be worse. So here is my plan..." the woman cleared her throat, taking out one of the bottles of water from her inventory and twisting off the cap.

She looked over to Lawfer, his golden hair swept over his shoulders, the tall male looked down at her with those azure eyes once more as she caught his attention. The woman's face went red, thank God it was hot outside and she could just blame it on the heat, "Ughh...so...From the NPC, we can travel towards Inferno Cave, it'll be a day's march there. I figured before we hit up the Quest Boss, we can take a look and see if we can find that Fire Drake Sub Dungeon. From the looks of the info, its last reported sighting was near Inferno Cave, so we could always swing around back to it and get the quest completed after the Dungeon Boss, that is if we are able to find it. If not, it'll only be a few extra miles out of the way from the Quest Cave. I think that is our best course of action." 

As she finished briefing Lawfer, the woman swung back the water, the cold liquid hitting the back of her throat as she inhaled deeply. Her dark eyes batting as she felt the coldness of the water in her system. It was certainly refreshing to have that cold rush come over her, "How about we do some light mob hunting while we are at it? We can split off into two and each get a group to tackle down. I could use the materials as I am running low and with a the Floor Boss coming up soon, I'll need the extra items." 

The woman and Lawfer were now right at the boundaries of the safe zone. Smiling, she held out her hand and the lengthy blade of the Masamune X dropped into her grasp. She shouldered the weapon, "Let's go, Sug." 

Lawfer laughed at the woman’s comment. “You’re right, I’ll be me and you be you.” He commented back as the pair began to make their way to the gates. “Yeah, at least there isn’t the sand that seems to make its way into every crevice. It took me almost two days to get all the sand out.” He commented with a  smirk as he observed the now damp Opal. Even if they were ‘just friends’ he would be stupid not to at least admire the view. It may tug at him a little more than it had before, but thus were the times.

“Looks like someone is well informed. I think that our roles have swapped. Typically, I would be all the one with the information, and be dishing out the plan. But I bow down to the mighty Opal. But the plan sounds reasonable, if we can find it, might as well slay it.” Lawfer said with a laugh, he too was beginning to feel the effects of the heat. It wouldn’t be long before he too broke out in a profuse sweat. “Well… Until I run into something this should do.” Lawfer stated as he rose his hand, entering his interface he removed the Wolf vanguard armor he had been adorned in, and replaced it with his blue tunic. “Wolf skin is a great insulator. Too bad that’s the last thing I need right now.” Lawfer with a smirk. He hadn’t wanted to go straight shirtless from the beginning but he had a feeling that later on, it would become a must.

As they reached the gates of Vulcan, Lawfer reached back with his right hand. And slung the massive Lawbreaker over his shoulder. “Sounds like a plan, stay close just in case you need me to save you.” Lawfer said with a wink, “Or the other way around… Whichever comes first.” He said with a light laugh. Venturing past the safe zone, he looked into the honey eyes of the woman he was so fond of. “Be careful beautiful.” The last word was a slip, but Lawfer wasn’t going to retract it. Opal knew how he felt, there was no reason to hide it. The only thing he could do was continue on. The two would be in visible sight of each other the whole time, Lawfer would not let anything happen to either of them. 

As they ventured off on their separate paths Lawfer, raised his hand and re-equipped his armor. “What do we have here?” Lawfer asked himself as he came across a small group of elementals. "I guess they will do for this hunt." Lawfer stated as he sprinted forward. He wasn't going to let the opportunity pass to catch them unprepared. As he leapt behind the monsters his Lawbreaker glowed crimson, taking a step forward he released his <<Trip Expand>>. In a cyclone of spins and rotations Lawfer came to a stop as the monsters shattered into pixels. "Guess I should go check on Opal now..." Lawfer stated as he looked in the distance for the woman. "I hope she's fairing as good as I did."

<<Battle Engaged>>
Lawfer HP: 64/64
Lawfer EP: 4/16
Sword Art Used: <<Trip Expand>> -12 EP

Flame Elemental - HP: 0/38   36 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49457
BD: 8 8*6= 48DMG -10MiT= 38DMG
MD: 4
LD: 1+2=3 :( +4 Mat

Edited by Lawfer

"Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you." Opal only offered a smile after his remark of who was protecting who. She knew very well he was more than capable, hell, he was gone for so long in the wilds of the floors and came back alive. He was smart, smart enough to know what he could and could not handle in terms of mobs. Removing the Masamune X from her saya, the woman turned to the opposite direction. She had watched for a moment as Lawfer took on his mob, the woman turning her amber gaze around to catch her own. 

"Yeah...you can be vicious, but you are all bark..." She said to herself. The woman got into stance, it was perfection in every relaxed muscle as she prepped her sword art. Without further delay, the woman <<Charged>> forward and unleashed hell with her blade. The odachi sang with fevered pulsating ivory energy as it coated the blade. She swept the steel over their hides as the vacuum of the attack drew them in and viscerated their flesh. Orange damage streaks cruising up over their hides as they soon fell without so much a scratch against her. A hefty sack of col dropped at her feet along with a few mats for the collecting. She turned back to Lawfer, "The heat isn't getting to you is it? I can do this all day..." she bounced the blade over her shoulder looking for her next kill. Despite the hot air plaguing her body, she was in good company, otherwise she would not be here or ever want to be on this floor again. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 148/148
EN: 25/37
Sword Art:Haku Senpu, 12 Energy, 96 Dmg - 18 Mit = 78 Dmg 

Vicious Hell Hound: 0/75 || Mit: 18 || Dmg: 36

ID: 49459
BD: 5+3 = Hit
MD: Too Dead to care
LD: 12 [+1500 Col]
Extra Loot: +4 Mats

Edited by Opal

Catching the last part of the woman’s attack, Lawfer watched in amazement, as she toppled the 4 hell hounds in one go. He had remembered when they had gone material collecting in the past and it was a bit more difficult for the two of them back then. As he stayed back making sure not to pull any agro he looked at the woman as she collected her loot. “Looks like someone got quite a bit stronger.” Lawfer said to the woman as he stretched his arms above his head. “I get to wait for my EP to replenish so I’ll hang back. The joys of low EP.” Lawfer stated. The beads of sweat caused by having to exert more force began to flow don Lawfer’s face and drench the Wolf fur in his armor.

“This just won’t do.” Lawfer said once more as he rose his hand and entered interface. Removing his armor once more, he decided to go shirtless. Scrolling down his inventory, he selected one of the waters, taking a deep gulp. The cool water rushed down his throat revitalizing him. “Hope it doesn’t distract you too much, but until I’m ready to fight again I think I’ll stick close to you.” The shirtless spear bearer stated as he looked over the honey eyed woman. Looking down, he reached out and picked up a piece of obsidian. “Looks like my luck is beginning to turn around.” He stated as he moved the material to his inventory.

<<Material Gathering>>
ID:49499  LD:13+2=15 =1 Material

"I'm not the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood for nothing, Doll." The woman said, tapping the blade against her shoulder once more. She looked over the horizon, her red lips stretched a mile long smile across her face as she watched the man become shirtless, "A girl could get used to seeing that more often..." his blond golden hair running down over his torso, Opal loved a man with long hair it was a shocking twist over the months to see him like that. 

"Well, if you are sticking around, make sure you keep up~" the woman <<Charged>> once more into the fray as she traveled down a stretch of land. Steam geysers erupted as she trailed towards another Hell Hound pack. Her blade sweeping over from her shoulder, bare white knuckles showing as she engaged her same sword art, and ushering in for the slaughter. Much like before, those Hot Dogs were no match for her Masamune X. She quickly decapitated them as they slumped over into pixels and digital dust. Unfortunately, no claim of a col sack this time as she rummaged the ground for anything other than the materials. 

Getting up and sweeping her blade to the side, the woman once more shouldered her weapon and laughed, "When you get to my level, you'll be able to use energy a bit more efficiently. Until then, your Trip Expand seems to be just as good or better than the last time I saw it in action." The woman gestured for them to continue on their travels, but she was keeping out for another pack of hunters. She had enough energy to go into another blitz attack before her energy needed to be replenished. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 148/148
EN: 14/37
Sword Art:  Haku Senpu, 12 Energy, 96 Dmg - 18 Mit = 78 Dmg 

ID: 49500
BD: 7
MD: Dead
LD: 6 ;_;

Edited by Opal

Lawfer laughed, "Yeah that’s what Raise was telling me. But until then I have to stick to being a canon. Fire one shot then take forever to reload.” He said with another light chuckle.  As his golden hair fell down into his face, he pulled it back behind his ear. AS the woman charged forward, Lawfer sprinted. It was hard to keep up with that skill without wasting any EP but he was able to catch the decapitation in the distance. ‘Well… that’s just not fair at all.’ Lawfer thought to himself as a grin crept across his face. He was jealous of her power, he too would have been that strong had he stuck around more and been able to train, rather than waste his time in the wilderness only gaining map data.

As, he finally caught up to the woman, more sweat began to flow. It was his fault for exerting physical strength instead of EP, but that was something he would have to overcome in this volcanic hell. “Yeah it’s a little stronger, but its going to have to stay this way a little longer until I can master First Aid. Once I finish that skill tree I’ll be able to focus on my DPS again.” He commented as he took another drink of water trying to hydrate himself. Having almost finished off his first bottle, he placed it back in his inventory, he needed to conserve as much as he could until they reached the fire cavern.

Looking down once more, he surveyed the terrain. Nothing looked appropriate for the materials he needed. “Guess not this time.” He said under his breath as he followed the woman. Her feature we still as ample as ever, ‘At least the view is always nice on team ‘Lawpal.’ He thought to himself.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:49506  LD:7+2=9 Fail

<<ENG 1/3>>
ID: 49512
LD: 2 

Opal had turned on the breaks, looking back at her Energy Pool, she found that her reserves had diminished. Perhaps it was the heat that got to her and she wasn't calculating the sword arts effectively. She sighed and placed the odachi back into the ornate saya to rest. Eyes fell upon Lawfer once more, their small spring had caused him to sweat even more. The woman was also quite tired and ragged from the two back to back battles.

"Why don't we settle down here for a moment and get some rest. I seem to have miscalculated my energy with the sword arts. I am tanked out it seems for a bit." The woman looked around, brushing the ebony strands of hair from her face and squinting around to look for any valuable materials. Due to the heat and her body regenerating lost energy, she was too unfocused to see anything of use. 

Edited by Opal

Lawfer smiled, moving back the sweat filled hair that had fallen back in to the front of his face, as he pulled it back once more, he looked at the sweat filled Opal. “You know, at times like this, I wish I didn’t keep my hair this long.” He commented jokingly as he moved around some dirt with his foot and took a seat. He had wanted to rest up as much as he could, considering he would be able to fight with a little more rest.  Watching the woman take the initiative, made Lawfer think of the past and how they had hunted before, he would normally run lead at times like that but now, he had to take the back seat. ‘I wont let it be like this for much longer.’ He thought to himself as he

“Resting works good for me. I’ll be able to hunt again in a moment but I should take as much rest as I can get.” He responded as he reached back with both arms and propped himself up with them as beads of sweat rolled down his chest and down to his toned, abdomen.  “You need any more water pretty lady?” He asked as he looked around the obsidian filled sand, finding nothing of value.

<<Material Gathering>>
ID: 49547   LD: 10+2= 12

<<ENR: 2/3>>
ID: 49549
LD: 4

"Oh? No, I got some bottles left over still, thank you though." The woman flicked her finger along her menu and navigated towards the water icon that sat in the midst of all her other items. Poking the button, it sprang to life in the air as it dropped into her hand. The bottle slung back as the cool liquid fell upon her lips, trickling from the side of her mouth as she took in more than she could swallow. Coughing lightly, she laughed, smearing the corner of her ruby lips with the back of her hand.

"We have quite the journey ahead of us, so we'll probably have to take quite a few of these breaks to regenerate our energy. I figure at the pace we are going, we'll be able to hit the three quarter mark by nightfall. We'll probably have to find a safe location to rest as well, one of us takes watch while the other sleeps for a few hours. Won't be anything like that time in the...broken...caravan." The woman mumbled, remembering the night they shared and the horrible sleep deprivation Lawfer received while keeping her comfortable. He wouldn't have to do that now, she was much stronger than before. Able to pretty much do what she needed to do to get things done. She sighed and flicked the damp hair from her amber eyes as she stood up. 

The woman had found a small collection of rocks attempting to find anything of value among the debris, but it seemed the rocks were just hardened chunks of lava, but nothing worthy to take note of or worth keeping. 

Edited by Opal

Lawfer couldn’t help but chuckle a bit as the woman had unintentiaonally choked on the her own water. “Be careful, it’s pretty strong stuff.” The golden haired spearman joked as he chuckled once again from his own joke. He knew the honey eyed woman could throw back with the best of them, but it was still funny for him to joke about. Taking a moment, he analyzed her plan for moving forward. “That works fine for me. If you need more sleep than that let me know, I’ve grown accustomed to staying up all night to watch my back. When I spent a month on floor 7 I had to stay up for 3 nights straight until I found a suitable spot to rest. I know you are stronger than me, but I can handle one night of watch.” He commented with a smile as he moved his hair back behind his ear yet again. “At least I wont have to worry about making sure you stay warm this time.” He said with a wink as the sound of multiple yelps caught his attention.

In the distance, Lawfer had spotted a small pack of hell hounds. They weren’t as large as the ones Opal had previously toppled, so he was confident that he could handle them. “I got this batch.” Lawfer said in a composed manner as he stood up from his relaxed position. Dusting off his hands quickly, he reached back to grab his Lawbreaker with his right hand. Slinging the gold and silver halberd over his shoulder he smiled, “I’ll be right back, Sug.” The blue eyed spearman said as he winked once more. Slowly he began walking in the direction of the Hell Hounds. Quickly, he opened his equipment inventory and re-equiped the Wolf’s Vanguard. In a streak of blue, it rematerialized over him as he began to sprint towards the 4 beasts.

His Halberd began to glow crimson as he made his way to the front of the pack, with a sudden stop, he swung his massive halberd. In a flash of crimson and gold, he began spinning like a top as he engaged his Sword Art. After a few rotations, his body slowed and the pups let out a multiple yelps as they shattered into pixels only to be replaced by materials and sacks of col. “Not too bad at all.” Lawfer stated as he collected his loot, then began to walk back towards his partner. “I hope you enjoyed your break but I think we should press on.” Lawfer said with a smile, his EP was spent yet again, but he didn’t want to loiter around and fall victim to a stronger monster.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 64/64
Lawfer EP: 4/16
Sword Art Used: <<Trip Expand>> -12 EP

Vicious Hell Hound Pup - HP: 0/38   36 DMG   10 Mit
Vicious Hell Hound Pup - HP: 0/38   36 DMG   10 Mit
Vicious Hell Hound Pup - HP: 0/38   36 DMG   10 Mit
Vicious Hell Hound Pup - HP: 0/38   36 DMG   10 Mit

ID: 49552
BD: 9= [8+1Crit]*6= 54DMG-10 Mit= 44DMG
MD: 2
LD: 19+2=21 = 760 col +4 Mats+ 4 Bonus Mats

Edited by Lawfer

<<ENR: 3/3>>
ID: 49557
LD: 12

Opal glared at the handsome spear bearer and threw her empty bottle at him as he joked. Before it could reach him though, it fragmented into nothingness dispersing the pixels into the air.  She nodded when they touched the subject of watch duty, "It would be better if we both rested up. With this intense heat, we might get pretty worn down from doing both a Sub Dungeon and a Field Boss." They shared a moment when he spoke of the floor five quest for the <<Traveler>> it was a fond memory that helped her through long nights in the past when she felt like [censored]. His memory gave comfort to her, and she could not speak anymore of the subject as it was and offered a sincere smile to the best of her ability. 

The sound of Hell Hounds unsettled the air as she perked up and saw a few hound pups making their way towards them. Lawfer had stood up declaring he would be the one to fend them off. She had no problem with taking a few extra minutes to relax on her little rock while he dealt with the ruckus. The woman sat and watched as she brought up her quick icon cigarette. The end smoldering as she drew it to her lips and produced an orange scented cloud of smoke into the air. Her eyes fluttered from the release and she flicked the orange ashes off her stick as it took only a moment or two of the Lawbreaker to finish off the job of the hounds. However, whatever he did, she saw extra loot drop as she shifted on her rock, feet plopping to the ground as she stood. Fingers around the stick as she held it out to her side, he suggested they started to get back to work on the trail. The woman nodded taking in another drag before exhaling the citrus flavored smoke. 

"Yes, let get back to the grind." The woman switched out her cigarette for her weapon once more and they were off once more, side by side. Opal's eyes scanned the area quickly but found nothing. 

Edited by Opal

EP Regen: 1/3
ID: 49560   LD: 12+2=14 Fail

With his EP all but depleted, Lawfer looked over at the honey woman. It was hard not to stare, he had thought about her often in his time away, but the memories fell short in comparison to being next to her in person. Pulling his hair back once more, Lawfer could feel sweat that had been absorbed by his hair. He knew that the heat would continue until they left this wretched floor. Opening his inventory once more he removed his armor once again. “What was I thinking, bring fur to this floor…” Lawfer asked himself under his breath. The Wolf’s Vanguard treated him well, but it was time for a change. “Hey Opal, when we get back, mind if I raid the Armory for some different armor?” he asked the woman as his eyes drifted up to hers. “As much as I enjoy this armor, I think it’s time for a change.” At this point, Lawfer was just talking aloud to distract himself from the heat, and the constant flow of sweat that was exiting his pores.

Opening his inventory, he removed the half empty bottle of water and drank the remaining contents. Throwing the empty bottle to the ground, it shattered into pixels in front of him. Surveying the ground once more, he found nothing but soot and stone, "You would think that being around a volcano, this ground would be full of materials..."

Edited by Lawfer

The woman smiled, she knew Lawfer was having just as much trouble as she was with this heat, only the poor soul had opted for longer hair. She finally gave in and moved around behind him, "Hold still..." the woman worked on his hair, pulling it off his shoulder and holding the damp locks in her hands. A few moments later, with a few tugs and pulls the high was tightly wound off his shoulder and closer to the scalp in a top knot. The woman turned around to face him and nodded to her job well done, "Remember, I used to have really long hair as well. This is how I used to wear it when it was unbearably hot."

The woman patted his chest and smiled, and blushed immediately afterwards turning on the ball of her foot and clearing her throat, "Yes! Well...I know Macradon has worked pretty hard on getting extra equipment into the guild vault. Take what you wish. It is there for a reason," The woman swept her ebony locks from her glistening face. Her amber eyes finding some mobs to play target practice with. Sweeping her blade from the saya, the Masamune X came out with a click and she <<Charged>> for the variety of miscreants that loitered the area. <<Haku Senpu>> engaged with a flash of ivory and silver, her blade causing a wind tunnel to suck in her enemies before eviscerating them into nothingness. The sword art tappered off and she collected her items, "I can pull off one more of those..." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 152/152
EN: 19/38
Sword Art:  Haku Senpu, 19 Energy, 96 Dmg - 19 Mit = 77 Dmg 

Scarlet Devil: 0/76 || Mit: 19 || Dmg: 36
Bomb: 0/76 || Mit: 19 || Dmg: 36
Scarlet Devil: 0/76 || Mit: 19 || Dmg: 36
Bomb: 0/76 || Mit: 19 || Dmg: 36

ID: 49562
BD: 6+3
MD: Dead
LD: Blah

Edited by Opal

<<EP Regen: 2/3>>
ID: 49564 LD: 17+2= 19 +1 Mat

As his long hair was being tended to, Lawfer had closed his eyes. He had tried constantly to figure out how to manage his longer hair, but was unable to figure out the details of it. This was the reason why he wore his shemagh most of the time, that and it was useful in protecting him from outside elements. As she finished, the blue eyed spearman felt instantly better with the excess heat being almost completely off his back. Opal then worked her way around to his front side, Lawfer smiled as he reopened his eyes and locked onto hers. “You have no idea how many times, I’ve tried to figure that out. I guess there’s nothing like a woman’s touch after all.” The golden haired man said as he felt the woman’s slender fingers on his chest.

The elusive woman’s fingers vanished just as soon as they were felt, as she pivoted away, it took every bit of the man’s will power not to reach out and grasp them with his own hands once again. “Thanks…” He commented back as he watched the woman charge forward to the little mobs that were in their path. As she danced with her blade, it was hard for Lawfer not to watch. She was able to dispatch mobs of that level that easily, Lawfer had his work cut out for him. Picking up his pace, the spearbearer laughed as she explained she had one more go in her. “Well by all means, handle it.” He replied as he kept an eye out on the ground, with luck he would be able to find something. Having turned his head right, he noticed a glimmering object on the ground. Kneeling down, he reached out for the piece of obsidian. "I can definitely use this." He said to himself as he looked over to Opal. "Hey Beautiful, you might want to look behind you." He yelled trying to alert her to the impending danger.

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 49565
LD: 6
ENR: +1/3

Opal shifted with the blade over her shoulder as she looked behind her. There was a massive creature charging for her as Lawfer alerted her. The woman turned with a smile and looked the beast head on as it attempted to come for her. But before the aggro zone could hit, the woman bellowed out a massive yell at it, freezing the beast in its steps. 

"Holy [censored]...that actually...worked? Ugh...let's go...now!" the woman said doing a light jog as the creature seemed to be stunned by her vicious roar. The woman laughed as she jogged, the spear bearer behind her catching up, "Didn't think...I had it in me to scare a mob like that, Thing looked like it wanted to swallow me whole. Wasn't going to play...like that..." She swept the back of her hand over her head and threw off the shimmering sheen of sweat that accumulated over her brow. Rolling her shoulders the woman reached high into the air with the katana sliding into the saya once more protecting it from the heat of atmosphere. 

"It was only a single mob anyways. I can probably find a better group around here, but we should continue on for now." The woman slid the saya over both shoulders as she draped her tired arms over the long ornate sheath. Her eyes burned with sweat, or felt dry and cuncomfortable as she attempted to blink moisture back into them. 

Edited by Opal

Lawfer had almost fallen backwards when Opal unleashed her booming voice. “How it the hell…” He was speechless. The raven haired woman had literally yelled the beast into retreating. Was it a new unique skill? Did the beast figure out that without a surprise attack it was done for? “Well I knew you were good with your mouth Opal… But that was just ridiculous…” He commented making sure that he was out of swatting distance. As he came closer to the woman, he simply just stared in awe. Snapping back into his senses, he noticed the woman was having trouble with sweat that was accumulating in on her face.

“Hold still for a moment.” He said as he raised his right hand and grabbed another bottle of water from his inventory. Placing his left hand on her cheek, “Close your eyes.” He said with a smile, as he poured the cold water over her forehead then proceeded to wipe the visible sweat off of her brow then her cheeks. “You should be good now,” he stated as his fingers lingered only to remove them when he realized he was taking too long. Gazing at her for a moment more, he smiled then turned his back to her. “Ok, now that you are all taken care of lets get going.” He paused, “If you need some rest, I can carry you for a little bit.” Lawfer finished as he continued to look forward. It may have been rude, to talk to her with his back turned, but he couldn’t quite look her in the eyes when asking if she needed help.

<<ENR 2/3>>

"Hey! W-What is that supposed to mean Lawfer!?" the woman turned around and glared at him, her once gentle hand now turning up and balling into a fist. She unclenched her fist and continued to glare with now a pointed finger towards him as if a warning was come to pass. But then he was coming closer to her, her amber eyes widened, the soft touch of his hands and the cool refreshing water spilling over her head. The cool liquid had cooled her down a little bit, but she felt the lingering touch of his hand only a moment longer before they were in that awkward friend zone. 

Suggesting that they move on the woman nodded and gave a muffled, "Alright," to get back on track of things. The woman brought her blade back out once more, and revealing a whetstone from her inventory coating the blade with its properties and giving herself a mild boost in damage. Hopefully this would prove useful for the upcoming Boss should they be able to find that sub-dungeon, speaking of..."Hey Law, hold on a moment," the woman swept her hand over her menu bringing up her map data and studied it a bit carefully. 

"Yep, we are pretty close to the last known location of the Fire Drake. Let's prepare for that while we can.Also, you seem to have better luck with finding loot than me. Take my ring, but I want it back."

The woman shifted once more going out a few paces from her map data to her inventory screen and enabling the trade between the two characters.

-Trade Item-

+1 Opal Ring [+1 LD]