[Completed] [PP-F9] Team Lawpal? <<Guardian of Fire>> (Opal)

-Received Opal Ring-

Looking at the small Opal ring that the raven haired vixen gave him, he placed it on his Left hand pinky finger, seeing as how it was the only finger that it would fit on. "Well that was close to not even fitting." Lawfer stated with a slight chuckle, pulling up his map, Lawfer tried to estimate just where a the fire drake would take up residence if he designed the game. "I imagine it would probably be around here." He stated as he placed a way-point on his map. It was gut instinct based on nothing besides that but hopefully it would turn out to be true. As the pair searched and scowered but came up with nothing.

"I should have known that it wouldn't be that easy." Lawfer stated as he forfeited the thought of finding the cave after an hour of searching. "Well Opal... Looks like we will have to try another time to find it." The golden haired, top-knot totting warrior said as he let out a sigh. "I think it would be best if we moved onto the Guardian now." he commented as he shrugged his shoulders. He was a bit disappointed that he wasn't able to find it, but that was only an added perk to the current quest. 

"I'll let you take point now, I'm really not sure where else we should search." Lawfer stated as he looked over to the honey eyed woman. "Here, you should take this back." He stated as he handed the Opal ring back to its rightful owner. Raising his right hand, he entered his inventory once more and re-equipped the Wolf's Vanguard. It was still damp from the profuse sweating from earlier. "Im ready when you are."

Sub-Dungeon Rolling
ID:49647 LD:6+3 =9 Fail

Edited by Lawfer

<<ENR 3/3/>>

The two had searched for a good long hour with no evidence that the Fire Drake had returned to its stronghold. Opal let out a small sigh, perhaps it was for the better and that they should just get on with the quest and get out of this Volcanic Floor. The woman turned back to Lawfer, receiving her Opal Ring once more from him and placing it back into her inventory. It was a good effort on both of their parts, but fatigue was clearly an issue for both of them and it was starting to get late within the hour. The volcanic floor seemed to dim down as the midnight hour passed, they could still make it to the cave and finish the quest off after that they'll need to take a rest. 

As they came up to the Inferno Cave, the mouth of the cavern seemed to be licking with fire around it. Opal sighed and brandished her weapon but looked to Lawfer, "Hey, I still need a bit of time to recover my Energy. Think you can beat the doggies down for a moment while I tail the back end to recover? I'll be back in as soon as Cerberus shows up, if not before then. I just need a few more moments."

With that the howl of the Hell Hounds erupted the valley around distilling the air with their nightmarish barks. Soon enough they were upon six of them exiting the cave as if flying through the flames which did no harm to their flesh. Opal took several steps back not wanting to get into the aggro range leaving this skirmish to Lawfer.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 58/64
Lawfer EP: 16/16
Sword Art Used: 

Hell Hound: 30/30 || 8 Dmg
Hell Hound: 30/30 || 8 Dmg

ID: 49648
MD: 7

Edited by Opal

“Yeah I got this… So just rest up.” Lawfer stated with a confident smile as he began to loosen his right shoulder up by rolling it forward. “Lets see… six of them. Guess its time to earn my place.” Lawfer joked as he quickly reached up and grasped onto his Lawbreakers handle. Slinging it over he shoulder, he lowered his stance and waited for the beasties to barrel in towards him. Standing his ground, the six of them banged into him, chipping off small amounts of HP.

“Cerberus really doesn’t keep good company. You would think the guardian on the underworld would have some stronger friends.” The blue eyed, armor clad warrior joked as watched the shifting formation of the tiny hell hounds. 'They are quick... Ill give them that.' Lawfer thought to himself as he tried to follow the shifting formation. Seeing his chance, he lunged forward. Trying to activate his Hellish Twice, he missed on the initial attack a little high. "Ah crap.." he said with a slight chuckle. He wasn't worried about the little hellions... it was just annoying that he would miss such an easy opportunity to crush the beasts in one go.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 58/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16
Sword Art Used: Miss -2 ep

Hell Hound: 30/30 || 8 Dmg

ID: 49649
BD: 2= Miss [+2 HM DMG next roll]

Edited by Lawfer

Opal laughed as she watched the failed attempt at the Hell Hounds. Their feisty beaks barked with fire in their mouths as they attempted to take down the Spear Wielder, "Alright. I got this..." The woman took a step forward, her blade sitting in one hand until she brought it up to the other. The Masamune pulsated with a silver and ivory light as it enhanced the blade. Narrowing her amber eyes the woman rushed in and swept her lengthy blade over the Hell Hounds. The irregular semi circle cut into them with ease as it shattered their bodies into digital dust, Opal had only left two of the hounds left, which served Lawfer another helping of pain...or playful puppy scratches due to his mitigation. 

Out of the darkness though, the woman could see 6 eyes staring out from the mouth of the cave and a deep rumbling in the valley. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 56/64
Lawfer EP: 14/16
Sword Art Used: 

Opal HP: 152/152
EN: 26/38
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || 90 Dmg

Hell Hound: 0/30 || 8 Dmg
Hell Hound: 0/30 || 8 Dmg

ID: 49651
BD: 5+ 3 = Hit
MD: 6 

Edited by Opal

"Sorry to make you get your hands dirty with the blood of the unworthy..." Lawfer joked as he laughed. Due to his adequate mitigation, the assault of the Hell Hounds could be related to that of being tickled. Grasping the handle of his Lawbreaker, it ignited in scarlet, as it slashed to two remaining hounds twice, causing them to shatter into pixels. Looking over to the woman, Lawfer also spotted the glaring eyes of the guardian. "So what would you like to do beautiful one? Should we press on or rest for a moment?" He asked making sure not to press forward into an unwanted aggro zone. "You think that one just wants to play fetch?" He asked with a sarcastic tone. "I think if i look hard enough I can find a big enough stick."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer EP: 7/16
Sword Art Used:  Hellish Twice -8 EP

Opal HP: 152/152
EN: 26/38
Sword Art: 

Hell Hound: 0/30 || 8 Dmg

ID: 49653
BD: 8

Edited by Lawfer

Opal turned her head only to smile at Lawfer, but didn't break words with him until she smiled even bigger, "Ya know what? Why don't you just stand here for a moment..." The woman walked with an air of confidence towards the mouth of the Inferno Cave where the beast presumbably was. Indeed as she entered the dark cavern, the monstrous creature known as Cerberus stood as might as it had when she first took upon this quest with Kalesh and Calrex. But she was far more powerful now... 

To Lawfer, all he could probably hear were the pained howls erupting from within the cavern. It sounded like a quick battle had been done but nothing more could be seen through the fire and flames of the entrance. Soon, from the sulfuric air emerged the woman, her blade barely stained with the remnants of the deceased Cerberus and a sack of col under each arm. Smiling once more, she plucked the one from her right arm and tossed the loot bag to Lawfer. "And...bam!" as soon as she said bam, the congratulatory screen for completing the quest popped up for both of them and the loot rewards. 

"I think it's time we find a place to crash for the night. Do you mind taking first watch? I'm a little beat..." the woman yawned, as she marched along Lawfer looking for a suitable place to make camp. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer EP: 7/16
Sword Art Used:  

Opal HP: 152/152
EN: 15/38
Sword Art: 
Gen Getsu || 12 EN || 90 Dmg

Cerberus
Head 1: 0/75
Head 2: 0/75
Head 3: 0/75
Damage per Attack: 24 + 6 Burn Damage next turn

ID: 49658
BD: 4+6 = Hit
MD: Profit
LD: 17 [+562 Col > Opal], [+563 Col > Lawfer] 
Extra Loot: [Lawfer]

1. Cerberus Soul: A Potion that when used on Weapon adds burn damage for the duration of the thread, burn damage at +2 for 2 turns on Natural Dice Roll of 8-10
Edited by Opal

Lawfer laughed as he watched the katana wielding woman walk head first into the cavern. “Guess I’ll just sit here and look pretty.” He commented to himself as watched her walk right back out, with loot in tow. Catching the massive sack of coin he couldn’t help but erupt in laughter. “And here I was thinking I would have to break a sweat.” Raising his right hand, he once again removed his armor. With the heat of the volcano still raging and the lack of enemies around, he didn’t need the heavy fur filled armor weighing him down. “Sounds good. I remember finding a shallow cave when we were looking for the fire drake, that we can make use of for the night.” The blue eyed spearman responded, as he lead the way.

The cave was about 5 feet deep, and about four feet off the ground, making it the perfect place to make camp. “I’ll take watch, get some sleep.” Lawfer said with a smile, as he watched the curvy woman, jump in and get situated before he followed and perched himself near the exit. Around thirty minutes had passed, and Lawfer looked back at the raven haired woman, who had seemed to make herself comfortable enough to pass out without his notice. Scooting back in the narrow cave, Lawfer leaned against the wall staying close to the woman.

Looking back out to the volcanic landscape, the golden haired warrior thought back to when the two had taken their first journey together. “You became real strong, Opal.” He whispered to the sleeping woman. “I don’t know how I’m going to be able to catch up to you now. At first I thought that I was going to be the one to protect you… But after everything that happened… It looks like it’s the otherway around.” As she shifted in her sleep, strands of hair fell over her face. Delicately, the spearman shifted them back behind her ear, being cautious not to wake her up. “You have no idea how many times I wished you were with me when I was out alone, and how many times I thought about coming back for you. But… I guess none of that really matters now…” As he hung his head, he took a deep breath, exhaled then smiled.  “Just sleep now…”

The night had passed completely, rather than waking her up halfway in the middle of the night, Lawfer let her sleep the full 8 hours. The man didn’t need much sleep anymore, he was accustomed to the vagabond way of living. “Wakey, Wakey Opal. It’s time we start heading back.” Lawfer said with an endearing voice as he woke the slumbering woman. As he hopped out, the two began to head back to Vulcan, victory in hand.

------

Thread Summary
Lawfer: +1523 col (+200 thread + 1323 Loot) + 13 Mats + Cerberus Soul + 4 SP (3 Quest + 1 Thread)
Opal: + 2262 Col ( +200 Thread + 2062 Loot) + 12 Mats + 1SP 

Edited by Lawfer