[PP-F1+F5] A Return of an Old Friend <<Blood in the Sand>> COMPLETE

A Return of an Old Friend

He didn't know how long it had been since he had even visited this place.  A small space that was the birth place of Patience and Time, the blacksmith shop for the Obelisk, Xion.  The hunter had received a message not too long ago from his old friend, saying that he wanted to get out and adventure with the Blades once again.  The news was bittersweet, as the Crimson Blades that he once knew were no longer with us.  The new Blades, however, were much more active.  We were willing to bring our old friend back into our group.  The hunter didn't think about telling the Knights of the Blood Oath just yet, but he would once they were done.  He wanted to make sure that his old friend was truly ready to come back.

With a fist filled with a power that he had never known before, Hirru knocked on the door.  He would knock for his friend, and the future that would bring along.  His crimson armor would clatter with each rapping of his knuckles.  From the door, the owner would see the iconic jade hair that he kept to this day.  When the door would open, the hunter would smile and say,

"Good to see you, Xion.  Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Edited by Hirru

Xion's face lit up as he heard a knocking on the door: Hirru. Xion had been missing for...months, He had no idea where the time went, or what he had done. It was all a blur, as far as he knew he just...woke up in his forge, fully armoured, the crimon side-cloak that he had worn as second in command of the now dissolved, by unknown to Xion Crimson blades. "Good to see you Xion. Kept ya waiting huh?" the Jade-haired hunter said to the blonde tank. "Hirru..." Xion said with a smile. "It's been...too long my friend" he said before leading Hirru into the Zefra forge. The place didn't have the usual smell of burning that had once occupied the place. 

"How long has it been, months? Ah, it matters not" Xion said, his British accent as clear as ever, the blonde looked his old friend up and down, noticing his armour. "KOB huh?" he asked, before looking at his own armour. The dark grey, lightning bolt covered metal of the maelstrom armour seemed old and outdated when compared to Hirru's new outfit. 

Having been greeted and shown inside, the nostalgia of the old forge came to mind.  The once soot covered surfaces now seemed quite bare.  Weapon racks that would have been on display were now bare, and lifeless.  The hunter could tell that his friend had been out for some time, and was not forging like he used to.  He wondered what he had done all this time, as no one had heard from him in months.

"Several, to be precise.  Quite a few things have changed since we last met."

With that, his friend would mention the guild that he was currently in.  The hunter would smile shamefully with that, as he continued to look around the old place.  Soon, he set his eyes back on the blonde tank.

"Yeah, I decided to join the Crimson Blades right when we were merging with Knights of the Blood Oath.  The founding Blades are still with us, and Mack is still stubborn as ever!"

He would laugh with that, but soon that would go back to a serious questioning tone.

"Where have you been, Xion?  We haven't seen nor heard from you for several months now.  If it wasn't for our friend lists, and the Black Palace, we would have thought you long gone."

Xion spent a good couple of seconds taking this all in. "So...the blades are no longer?" He said, a hint of anger obvious in his voice. "Eh...I hope they'll accept someone like me into the ranks once more" he said, smiling again, remembering the time that he had spent as, effectively a battle-brother for Mack, fighting alongside the charismatic guild master and the rest of the blades. "I...I intended to train...because I had been left weak, weak and useless after the system changes. But I have no idea what happened. I can't remember where several months of my life went. I just...I just woke up here, my armour battered, and in disrepair. It took me some time to get my gear back into shape." He said with a laugh. 

"Anyway, it matters not my friend.Im back, and hopefully for good this time"

The hunter figured that he had been away for some time.  His friend was more beaten than he remembered, and that was saying something.  It looked like he grew a bit, but not by much.  He would have to get him back into shape, if they were to meet up with the old gang again.  While listening to Xion, the hunter would smile faintly before standing firm, and looked towards him.

"If you're really back, then I think we need to get you back into shape.  That solo training may have taught you some things that we may need to iron out."

He said in a gruff voice to try and imitate Mack, which would ultimately fail as Hirru's monotone voice couldn't cope with the boisterous red head.  He would cough slightly to get back into his own self before smiling.

"You know how Mack is with that stuff.  Besides, I've been working out some things with my new armor, and wanted to test it out with a large quest.  I don't know if you've done the <<Blood in the Sand>> quest, but I've already signed up for it.  Wanna kill a large mob, like old times?"

Xion laughed as Hirru tried to imitate his old guildmaster. "Close but it's more like this l: BEORSON GOD-DAMNIT STOP FALLING OVER" Xion shouted, making a good stab at a Mack impression, but lea be honest nothing could ever beat the original. 

"And blood in the sands? I've done that one a fair few times, but once more never hurts. I might as well try to catch up to the rest of the guild eh?"

Hirru would smile wide with delight.  It had been so long since he had ventured out with a friend, that he didn't really know how to feel.  Of course, he had the Blades, but they didn't really know him too much.  Even now, no one really knew his past, except Xion.  This would be a blast from the past for the two of them, and would need some getting used to for the hunter, but the mission ahead would require his vigilance.  With a quick nod, and a not so quick party invitation, the two would set out to the fifth floor from the first floor warp point.

On the fifth floor, they headed towards the desert, to which the beast would appear.  While the travel would take long, they didn't have to take it in silence.  Hirru uncorked a bottle of damage +2, and downed it.  Looking towards his brother-in-arms, he immediately felt ashamed, as Xion would see the +DMG icon on Hirru's bar.

"The mobs have been getting stronger lately, and I've been needed to hunt more and more as time went on."

He would say to his old friend as the continued on.  The desert would scorch their skin, but nothing would come of it.  They had both earned the Survival skill, and walked these sands unperturbed.

"I've needed new gear and started using potions to get by, as I keep getting unusually huge orders for materials.  I even have one for 300 mats!  How am I going to get that?!"

Hirru exacerbated before failing to realize that he nearly started a rant.  He sighed before readying his hand on his sword.

"Man, it's good to have you back.  We should be there soon."

Xion shook his head as Horru began to explain himself. "No need to apologise Hirru, I understand. It's better to have some help from a potion than to die. And I wouldn't want you to die on me" he said, smiling widely at the end, before looking out onto the horizon, seeing nothing but dunes. 

"You know" the tank said, turning to his friend once more. " I could help with those Mats, you need them, I need to level up. And to top it all off, I get to spend some more time with a close friend, what more could I ask-" 

Xion then cut himself off as he saw something in the corner of his eye: a large dorsal fin, moving swiftly along the sand. "I think we've found it Hirru" xion said as he watched the partly submerged shark zigzag across the dunes. The tank then opened his menu, his massive shield and golden apear materialising in his hand, the shield planted firmly before him as he moved infront of Hirru. If that shark was going to attack, Xion was going to make sure that he was its target. 

"Like old times?"

[Xiob and the Golden Pear.  I'd read that book!]

"Like old times!"

Hirru would smirk as he unsheathed his sword, which would be unfamiliar to Xion.  A normal looking blade, unlike the azure and crimson swords that he created for the hunter, but Xion wouldn't notice until the enemy attacked.  The dorsal fin that looked to be quick jagged in shape came rushing towards them in the sands.  It would soon disappear into the sand, but only for a second as a large amount of sand was displaced and the sand shark revealed itself, as it jumped towards us.

MH4-Dah&#039;ren Mohran Render 001

<<Sand Shark>>
HP 125
DMG 30

Hirru took this opportunity to attack.  As it would fall towards the ground, the hunter prepared one of his more easily prepared arts before shooting out past Xion, and slamming the Sand Shark as it came close, with enough force to push it back.  It flopped above the sands from the shock, but would soon be back in the sands for another go.

[ID: 50064]
[BD: 8+2] Hit
[Sword Art: Vorpal Strike] 1x5x10= 50 DMG
[MD: 3] Miss

Hirru - [ 80 / 80 hp // 15/20 en] (-5 en) [Hate]
Xion - [ 52 / 52 hp // 13/13 en]

Sand Shark - [75 / 125 hp] (-50 hp)

Edited by Hirru

ID:50074

BD: 10 (LET THE PARALYSIS BEGIN)

Xion watched as Hirru leapt out from behind his defensive wall and assaulted the sand shark, striking 5 times in succession, each swing of his blade bringing the shark's HP down by a good chunk. until it was left with little over half of it's health left: Hirru's attack had devastated the unsuspecting creature. "DPS builds, as ridiculous as ever I see" Xion said with a grin before running at the shark, eager to get his attack in before it recovered and slunk back into the sands. 

Once the tank was near the creature he raised his spear high, before plunging it into the beast's hide. Electricity surging into it's body as the strike connected, it shook for a second, before going limp. "Good to see that my old techniques still work" he said with a smile as he backed off. 

Hirru - [ 80 / 80 hp // 15/20 en]  [Hate:1] ? 
Xion - [ 52 / 52 hp // 13/13 en] [HATE:3] 

Sand Shark - [69 / 125 hp] (-6HP) [PAR]

While the Sand Shark was incapacitated, Xion had used his extensive mastery of the paralysis attribute to lock the shark above ground.  The hunter gave the obelisk a pat on the shoulder.

"Still quite the shocking character, huh."

Hirru would say as he looked at the ugly beast of a shark.  This was the first time that he had seen one of these before, but something told him that these were not common to begin with.  A quest boss that seemed to be as large as they were tall.  Without any way of escaping from it, the hunter prepared another sword art.  This one would glow differently than any that he had done before.  He never really tried this one out yet, and was wondering how it would work.  Hirru shot out with several thrusts into the Sand Shark's belly, before slashing in a three directions.  The creature couldn't take the onslaught of the attacks, and ceased to exist from that point on.

"Well.. that was easy?"

Hirru said as he scratched his head.  Looking to Xion, he shrugged before saying.

"Welp, time to hunt down some materials then."

[ID: 50087]
[BD: 9+2] Crit
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x1x11= 88 DMG
[LD: 15+1] 125x5= 625 Col

Hirru - [ 80 / 80 hp // 8/20 en] (+1 en / -8 en) [Hate]
Xion - [ 52 / 52 hp // 13/13 en]

Sand Shark - [0 / 125 hp] (-88 hp) {+1 Mat}

Edited by Hirru

Xion watched as Hirru ripped the now crippled and immobilised creature to shreds with a final sword art. "DPS builds once again reminding me that I can't do jack" he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. "But it matters not, should we just go and grind for a while or is there a dungeon around here...I could do with some dungeon actio" Xion said with a grin, clapping his hand knto Hirru's shoulder. 

"Hirru..." He said, his tome changing. "I have a question...of I joint what's left of ththe blades as part of KOB...will I even be respected? I'm sure that I've been replaced already haven't I? I mean...I was gone for so long...I'll be so far behind..." Xion then sighed. "Will I even be of any use...Hirru?"

The hunter grinned with the snide comment about DPS users.  It was true that he had gotten quite a bit stronger lately, but that was only through perseverance and constant hunting.  Also, a little bit of buffing from consumable items, but that doesn't really need to be counted towards anything.  The hunter would come back to him with his own response.

"Well, if you learn Howl to draw enemy attention, then I think you'll be good to take the brunt of the fight."

Hirru would say before Xion came to him with a serious question.  It was true that he had been gone long, but the hunter knew that the Blades didn't really leave him behind.  They never took another second in command until now, but that was for KoB sake.  The original Blades...

"Xion.. I'm sure they would be glad to have their brother back.  We have all been worried about you, ever since the guild went downhill."

The hunter remembered that time for it wasn't that long ago.  He had been in search of the Crimson Blades, as he had news of the orange guild that killed Lindow.  Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to find them for some time, and by then, the secret was useless.

"Everyone started doing their own thing, until... nothing.  No word or actions from anyone.  It wasn't until Beoreson found me that we started trying to find everyone again.  That's around the time that Opal called what remained of us.  To join KoB, and renew the Crimson Blades as an elite task force from within their ranks.  I found Mack, who was investigating his own lead.  He was talking to Opal about merging the two guilds, and I decided to join in."

Hirru looked to his friend.

"Everyone fell, but came back together for our one goal.  I'm sure that everyone, myself included, would be happy to have you back."

"I hope so.. And if Opal is a higher rank than me I think I'll go insane" he said jokingly, the tank knew that if the woman was responsible for bringing the two guilds together then she must be a high ranking member. Regardless of that, Xion still had his pride, and too much of it to let Opal coand him. "If I join the guild, Hirru. Tell Opal that the only player I'm taking orders from is Mack, my loyalty and service still remains with him even if the blades are no longer what they used to be" he said, a stern look on his face. But Xion couldn't stay serious forever, he was spending valuable time with a friend, it should be spent smiling. 

"Anyways, how about we find that sub-dungeon eh? Maybe i actually get hit this time" he said with a laugh

Hirru snickered as the young tank would mention anything about Opal being higher than him.  The young woman was quite the hand full, but she knew what she was doing.  At least, the hunter thought so.  To bring together two separate guilds under one banner called for more than just moxie and good wits.  That required leadership and respect, which he seemed to like more than any other quality that she had.

"Well, I won't spare you the details, but she is 'up there' in the chain of command.  Usually her orders are from Commander Heathcliff, the guild leader."

He would say as they ventured on through the sands and dunes of the desert.  It would take some time to get to any of the known ruins around here, but that shouldn't be an issue.  They would probably only be out for a while, anyway.

"To be fair, if you get placed into the Crimson Blades again, you'll probably just be placed with me on reconnaissance and hunting.  If you don't remember, materials are still the hot fix for everyone.  That's why I'm trying to become a Merchant, soon.  More Col for the Mat, ya know."

He would chuckle as he rubbed his thumb between his fingers, signifying money.

[I'm waiting for my energy to refill for the next encounter.]

Edited by Hirru

"That reminds me, can't merchants sell...what are they called coupons? Something like that. They allow you to change certain atributes of a weapon. Do you have any of those" Xion asked, the spear that he had was great and all but it didn't fit his...motif to say the least. 

"And if I'm just sent out hunting I'll be extremely annoyed...unless I'm sent out to protect you, because you're a squishy little DPS build. In which car I wouldn't want to do anything else, old friend" he said with a smile.

"and hey, we could get a system going. I need mats if I ever want to get the forge running again and you want col" Xion said, before running his fingers together much like Hirru had. 

The hunter thought about the question for a bit.  For all that he knew, Merchants didn't have the vouchers anymore.  He knew that Abalasster could make them, but it wasn't in the system as far as he could see.  Hirru would speak as they walked on.

"I don't exactly have that capability, but I think some of the other merchants still have them.  Check with Abalasster, or some of the other merchants.  They should have some from the older generations."

Hopefully, they still had the stock in tow, and usable to boot.  It wouldn't do well to have an item that didn't work, anymore.  Xion still had more to say when he stated that he didn't really want to specifically be on hunting duty.

"True, that it is a drag sometimes, but I've been doing this since I've been solo, so I don't mind.  They'll probably do it so that you can protect me.  I'm a Berserker, after all.  I fight hard, and regenerate health as I take hits.  It's a good build, from what I'm told."

"A tank's job is still never done" Xion said with a chuckle as Hirru talked about his build. "Also I have some questions about the running of KOB. First, how do the blades work within the guild, are they sort of their own group that does their own thing or still under direct control of higher ups? Also, if I join with I have to wear that obnoxious red and white armour? I guess if I changed the grey to white and yellow to red on my armour it would work but...it's still just too...KOB  you know?" He said, absent mindedly walking as he did. 

Xion then sighed "How much longer? I'm itching for another fight after that, sorry if this is a bit much but Ive been out of practice for a while"

"The Crimson Blades are pretty much an elite strike force with the guild.  Mack wanted us to be our own separate unit inside the guild, and we get to keep the red motif, so just wear red, like my armor."

Hirru would say as he pounded on his chest plate, which would have the KoB insignia transplanted onto the CB insignia.  Rather unorthodox, but that was what they had at the moment.  Without anything else to add to it, they would just keep it as it was.  Thankfully, the red motif was something that most of the guild already had before hand.  Hirru was and some of the newer members were the only ones that didn't have the obvious cloak.

"Anyway, I don't think we have to wait long."

As he said that, the hunter would make a signal to stop with his fist.  He was sure that Mack had taught them that in the past.  At that moment, the sands beside them seemed to shift before stopping.  Soon, an entire squad of scorpions emerged from the sands.  Eight in total.

"Whew, I thought there would be twenty.  You take the four on the right, I got the four on the left."

Hirru would say as he pulled Solace out from its scabbard.  Without a second thought, his posture went into an immediate sword art.  Solace began to glow before having the hunter rush forward into the first scorpion.  One thrust pushed it into the next scorpion which got the same treatment.  At the final hit, they were plowed into each other with enough force to cause all four to explode into the little light particles that always perplexed him.

[Go ahead and command the four scorpions that survived]

Scorpion
HP 40
DMG 15
MIT 10

[ID: 50087]
[BD: 7+2] Crit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x10= 60-10= 50 AOE DMG
[LD: 16+1] 40x5= 160x4 = 640 Col

Hirru - [ 80 / 80 hp // 8/20 en] (-12 en)
Xion - [ 52 / 52 hp // 13/13 en]

Scorpion 1 - [0 / 40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 Mat}
Scorpion 2 - [0 / 40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 Mat}
Scorpion 3 - [0 / 40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 Mat}
Scorpion 4 - [0 / 40 hp] (-50 hp) {+1 Mat}
Scorpion 5 - [40 / 40 hp]
Scorpion 6 - [40 / 40 hp]

Scorpion 7 - [40 / 40 hp]
Scorpion 8 - [40 / 40 hp]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 50288

BD:6 (4DMG) 

MD: 3 (miss) 

Xion nodded as Hirru talked about the standing of the bladea within KOB. It seemed like hey were allowed to keep their autonomy as a  guild which was good news, what wasn't good news was the 8 angry scorpions which had poppud up randomly, only for half of them to be killed instantly by Hirru's sword art. "AW COME ON" Xion exclaimed before readying his shield as the remaining creatures flung themselves at him, but didn't deal a single point of damage. 

"Well...no thorns for me then" he said with a sigh before preparing his own AOE SA. His apear flowing as he swung it in a large arc, dealing a small amount of damage to each mob. "This is goin to take a while...unless a certain DPS player took all my kills..." He said jokingly.

Hirru - [ 80 / 80 hp // 8/20 en] 
Xion - [ 52 / 52 hp // 10/13] [HATE:1](haymaker used, 1*2*4=1 DMG each after MIT

Scorpion 5 - [39/40 hp]
Scorpion 6 - [39/ 40 hp]

Scorpion 7 - [39/ 40 hp]
Scorpion 8 - [39/40 hp]