[PP-F6] Jungle Run (Calrex)

Vayrin sprinted through the thick canopy of what was the jungle on the 6th floor. Her speed was quite fast, but the monster which had been pursuing the violet haired girl seemed to be gaining. She looked over her shoulder to see the large Ape like creature sprinting after her, easily ripping through the vines that the girl had to narrowly dodge. This had obviously gone wrong, as far as her plans usually went. Of course, she was only in the Jungle looking for a rare flower, but of course, she was met with a much stronger beast instead that seemed to be angry with her presence. The girl's second of not looking forward proved costly, as her foot had gotten caught in a large tree route, which sent her tumbling over. "AH!" the girl rolled down a steep hill which had knocked the wind out of her. She quickly got up and shook her head as the beast launched itself after her. Vayrin planted her foot forward and began sprinting again until she broke through the bush to what seemed like a large cliff. She stopped for a moment, panting furiously looking for another way of escape. She looked downwards, and to her relief, it was the pool of a water fall. The monster was only within a few seconds of grabbing her, when the violet haired girl shut her eyes and dove off the dodge of the giant cliff edge. She fell about 30 feet until her body made impact with the water...

Calrex gave a small sigh as he moved through the trees of the sixth floor's amazon-themed setting. With his current level, it seemed that most of the monsters avoided combat with him, which the bluenette assumed was likely due to their AI programming in order to avoid high levels farming low level monsters. "What am I doing on this floor again? The last time I was here was when I was with Lowenthal when he encountered his unique skill and we found that sub-dungeon."

Looking upwards the Ultramarine Knight saw that his familiar was flying overhead in his usual overwatch position. This routine seemed to go on for a few more minutes, but then suddenly the blue peregrine falcon seemed to speed up, as if he spotted something. "That's new...wonder what's up..."

Taking off into a sprint as he directed himself in the direction his familiar was flying Calrex reached back and wrapped his sword arm against the Grand Blade II. Eventually the trees parted as he saw a person with purple hair hit the surface of the water beneath a waterfall. "Geezes, that had to smart...better check if they're alright."

Diving into the pool the bluenette looked beneath the water to see if he could spy the other player beneath, but it seemed he was still too far away, as his line of sight was cut off by the liquid itself, "Shoot. I'll need to get closer. It didn't look like they died on impact, so hopefully they're still in a conscious state so there's no possible chance of drowning. I don't think it's possible to do so, but better safe than sorry."

Vayrin quickly swam back up to the surface and gave a huge gasp. She swam towards the shore, and used the vines to pull her up onto the surface. She quickly turned over and lied on her back. She simply smiled and gave a small chuckle as she gagged on the water. She opened her eyes to see the cliff far above. The giant ape like creature seemed unwilling to follow her, although she wasn't exactly sure why. She then lifted her head to look out at the water, and she saw another player swimming through the water towards her. From this distance she couldn't tell who it was. Her eyes widened whens he realized it must be a high level, since the ape monster avoided combat. Vayrin quickly scrambled to her feet, still coughing slightly. Her hand didn't stray too far from her weapon, as it rested on the hilt. She stood on the shoreline waiting for the player to get closer. So she could judge them weather to be hostile or not...

"Huh. I guess they're alright."

Popping his head out from beneath the surface of the water Calrex looked over as he wiped his face, allowing him to focus his vision without it being distorted by droplets falling into his line of vision. The player was still a decent distance off, but as he swam closer the image became clearer and clearer, "Oh, well look who it is. Long time no see Vayrin."

Getting to his feet in the shallow part of the pool the bluenette looked down at his clothes, seeing that they had gotten soaked from his short period in the water, "Geezes..."

Swiping on his menu he switched out to the Grand Chariot II as the deep-sea blue armor encapsulated his form. With another button press he switched back to his casual combat clothing, now completely dry once again, "You alright? I saw that plunge you took earlier."

Vayrin quickly realized that this player didn't mean her any harm when she recognized them. Her face lit up, and she slightly smiled. "Calrex? Heh, what are you doing all the way down here?" She questioned. As the man got closer, Vayrin relaxed her tense body, lowering her grip from the blade on her back. This was a pleasant surprise, as she most certainly didn't expect to encounter a familiar face in this thick jungle. She gave him a nod when he questioned her status. "Yeah, I'm fine. Damn monster was this close to grabbing me." She said, making a small gesture with her hand. "Don't know if it looked like it, but that was on purpose." She said slightly laughing at herself as she re ran the scene through her head.

"What are you doing on this floor?" She asked curiously. Of course, there was probably a better setting for this, seeing as they were both soaking wet in the middle of a large, and frankly, dangerous jungle. She parted her hair slightly so her violet eyes could see better.

• 3 weeks later...

"To be honest. I was just kind of wandering around. It's something I tend to do between training and frontline business, heh."

The blue armored player gave a nod as he rested his arms to the side, "In any case good to see that you're still alive and well. I'm guessing that since you've been taking on monsters there's some training to be had? If you'd like I can tag along for now, just in case the floor AI decides to throw a curveball and send a really tough creature towards you all of a sudden."