[F1-OP] Days Like These (COMPLETE)

"I want a big jug of milk, and make it snappy!" A player shouted at the barista, who was Sinful. "Yes sir! Coming right up pal!" Sinful was working a part time job at the taverns, relieving some of the virtual stress the NPCs were experiencing. "Your order's right here sir!" Sinful took the jug and slid it over to the player as he drank it happily. Soon a bunch of players stormed in excitedly, all of them ordering for the same thing, a dark chocolate cake. "Dark chocolate cakes? Coming right up!" Sinful whipped up some cakes from the cold storage and served each of the players a slice with a smile. "Have a happy day at the tavern!" He leaned his shoulder on the table separating him and the patrons and looked out the window putting on his most charming smile. "I wonder what today has in store for me!"

Edited by Sinful

Opal, scantily clad as always, found her way to the tavern on floor one. Here of all places? Where she would not be spotted by anyone she knew. The day was warm, and she had been out doing some grinding on the higher floors but needed some time to escape all that monster killing. Finding her place at the cafe, the woman's hips swayed left to right as she found her pace and too the bar. Her short tank top, barely passing over her well endowed chest, slid her arm along the main bar and while not looking exactly who was working, the woman spoke up, "My usual please..." she tapped her fingers along the edge of the bar table waiting for her drink, took a moment to look around and then back at the emptiness in front of her. White eyes narrowed and were guided to a player she had not seen in this tavern before, raising her brow slightly the woman cleared her throat, "Ugh, the darkest ale you have on tap, please." the woman said, she didn't think that other player's were coming by to work in a place like this. But everyone needed to make col somehow.

She rested her rump on a bar stool and waited for her order. She would not expressively sit there and drink, no, she would find a booth in the back and rest in peace and quiet away from the humdrum of the kids and their...eating of cakes. Although, that did look rather enjoyable. Opal had her sweet tooth, that was something most people knew about her. But she had just got back and having an ale from the tap sounded much more thirst quenching than milk and cake.

"I don't see many players working in the taverns that much," she commented attempting to make light conversation while waiting for her beverage. 

"One ale coming right up!" The hopeful barista Sinful got Opal's order right away and delivered it to her by hand. "Here's your ale miss." He let out a charming smile and started to clean the table with a towel. "Yeah.. You're right, not many people tend to work in places like this. I'm doing it to get some stress off of the NPCs backs, and better serve the community of SAO, cause after all, what can I do? I'm just a weakling waiting for the front liners to beat the game for me." The window let in some sun and made Sinful's hair shine a silver color. "So you familiar around these parts? It's been my first day working here and it's quite stressful, I see why nobody really works here nowadays." After rubbing the towel over the table it became clean enough for Opal to see her reflection on the wood.

The woman perked up a bit at the sight of her ale, taking it by her slender fingers and guiding it to her mouth. She took several mouthfuls, the sound of gulping easily heard as she drained half the contents before setting the glass back down. Suppressing the burp, the woman licked her lips with her agile tongue and nodded young man and his story, "Weak player, huh? Or very intelligent. Taverns are the treasure houses of information, you come here long enough, know the right people...you can get some pretty good information from these people. Of course this is floor one, I wouldn't expect too much to be going on here. Rarely anything happens in the City. But its admirable you wanting to help the NPCs, not everyday you see someone do something selfless like that."

Opal took another drink of her ale, and sighed as the cool contents were drained from her cup. She slid it towards the player, "Keep these coming for me, Sug. I'm one thirsty woman today," she said waiting for her refill. The woman once more tapped her slender fingers on the tabletop of the bar, thumping them along in a rhythmic pattern. She leaned on one arm as she brought her other around her neck to rub it gently. 

"Ugh, yeah, I guess you can say I am familiar with this floor. I have most of the data mapped out of it. I spent a long time on this floor when we were first trapped here. I didn't know what to do with my life after that. Did what I needed to survive, I guess and don't let it get you too stressed out. I am sure the col from tips is pretty good hear. Considering this is the first floor and there are still a ton of players here, you can make a decent living I suppose on the tips." 

"Nah, all of my starting Col went to this kid who didn't even have bread to eat. I can't make a living from these tips, I make a living by giving to others. Anyways, the ales are on my tab today, help yourself." Sinful smiled and refilled the cup of ale and placed it gently on the table once more. In his mind he was thinking of talking his way into getting the map data, but in reality, erm... virtual reality, his face showed no signs of deception. Based on this woman's manner, Sinful made a prediction that she might've been cautious, seeing through to one of his true intentions of working at a tavern. "Well, when I was first trapped here I was in shock... I just couldn't believe it, we'd die in the real world! I was just about to finish college too since I studied abroad to America." A child then came into the tavern with tears in his eyes, he looked at Sinful and asked "Could you please give me some bread? My little sister is hungry and we don't have enough Col to rent a room." There was no doubt that this kid wasn't lying, so Sinful shed a tear and went over to get ten pieces of bread to give to the child. "I hope this can last for you and your sister, if you ever need any help don't be shy to come talk to me alright?" With that he smiled and so did the little boy as he ran off. "Nothing better like seeing a smile on other people's faces."

Opal watched the exchange between the two, it was rather heartfelt and welcoming to see selfless acts like this. It was good to know that everyone was attempting to lend a hand to help each other. She was constantly surprised by the amount of sincerity people had within them. She took a mild swig of the contents in her cup, exhaling as she allowed the taste to linger in her mouth and breathing slowly outwards, "Well, your acts of kindness will not go unnoticed by people. Especially by me, I won't let you take my tab, I'll pay every col of it. This is a place of business after all, its made to make money. But I'll cover my expenses as well as the bread for that player. It's a shame to still see some young people not being able to get by. I know there are a few orphanages scattered about the main settlement, perhaps next time you can direct those kids to one of them. I can share you my map data if you'd like so you can help them out. Like I said earlier, I got the data on most of it. I'll even strike up some keys of interest so you know what some of the other places are..." 

The woman sat up in her seat, a hand on her menu as she fingered through her map data of the first floor, "Right, here it is." Getting a pop up of the name of the people in the room and whom to send the data too she looked at the player with another raised brow, "I suppose you are the one...Sinful? Interesting concept for a name, but I am no judge of character. Here ya go, hun." the woman flicked her finger sending the player her map data of the first floor along with the coordinates of the orphanages scattered about the settlement. 

Taking her ale once more, her slender fingers trapping the cold glass in her hand and brought it up to her crimson lips. She allowed the taste to linger once more awhile as she smiled from the taste and set her glass down flicking her bottom lip with her thumb, "How about a bowl of peanuts, yeah? Gotta soak up some of this alcohol before I start getting too friendly." she laughed lightly and moved for her next refill. 

"Yes mam, coming up right away!" Sinful refilled her cup of ale, then looked around for some peanuts and put them in a bowl, making sure that the skins of them are gone. 'W-Well, I chose this name because... Despite all the things we do to help others... We can't hide the fact that we are sinful. I guess my username is an acknowledgement of how no evil person is without good and how no good person is without evil." He gave Opal a bow, and said "Thankyou for your sincerity, it will not go unnoticed!" As he accepted the map data, he said out loud "Thank you again for your generous offer! I'm going to need to make a trip to the town square to do a food distribution." Sinful checked his HUD and noticed he had ten bread, "Oh man, this isn't enough for everybody..." He then checked his Col to see he had none. "Oh no... I'm really in a tight spot today... Ah, no worries, I can bake some tomorrow, or see if anyone doesn't need it." A couple of scratches on his clothes would suggest he was poor, in fact very poor and probably begged for money to give to others.

Edited by Sinful

Madara, who had been living in an inn down the road with Alric and Iri, walked into the Inn on the first floor.  He had a distasteful expression on his face.  When he entered the tavern, he moved to the bar, but didn't order anything.  He just sat down in a chair, glancing from side to side, of which he noticed the large amount of people in the bar.  He did not want to intimidate anybody, but that was his overall look.  His jet black hair jutting from his head.  He knew that he was considerably  weaker than most of the people in the bar.  However someone across from him seemed dirt poor, which was somewhat disappointing to see... And it didn't appear to be a NPC, which was strange.  Madara only glanced towards the guy and a girl, who was clearly a higher level than himself, knowing his way of intimidating people without even having to try. Madara kept his face down, his red eyes rather apparent otherwise, and was thinking about what he would want to order, but ended up just loitering in his seat.

Opal with her somewhat wavy morale path, good not let go of what she was seeing. And she had already told the young man she would help out if it was for him or for the kids and their bread. Shifting in her seat once more, she straightened up and graced her fingers over her col amount, she deposited a sum of fifteen hundred onto the table in a thick red cloth sack and then pushed it towards Sinful, "You wear the weight of the world with a name like that, and I understand its meaning to you. You are right, we are all sinners in whatever world we come from, but it's doesn't make us horrible people. No God or man may judge us, but for those children who need to eat and for you as well, take this amount of col and do something special for yourself." 

Red lips parted to a smile as she drank her ale and picked at the peanuts that were given to her. She shifted in her seat when she saw the presence of a melancholy player come into the tavern, a solemn look on his face with deep red eyes. The woman smiled, and shook her head, "Get him what he wants as well, I'll pick up his tab for the day." she said pointing to the stranger that just came in. Opal would go about her own business, eating the peanuts and taking gulps of her ale, "Another, please..." the woman asked for another bringing her total to her third glass. Still early and not nearly as drunk as she thought she was going to be. 

-
Notes: 1500 Col Traded to Sinful

Yuki is on the first floor looking for supplies and information about higher floors. She wonders around looking for supplies and a tavern of some kind. She finds cool little shops in the town. She hears about a player working in the tavern ahead. Yuki starts to wonder why a player might be working in a tavern. She shrugs it off and asks NPC's where the tavern might be. Follows the NPC's directions and finds a tavern. She begins to wonder if anyone might know her, She shrugs off the thoughts and walks inside. Looks around the tavern and her eyes quickly catch on the player behind the counter. Yuki's pink mane stands out from the whole tavern, She feels stares coming from almost everyone in the tavern. 

"Coming up right in a moment mam!" Sinful refilled the cup of ale and stared at the sack of Col. "Thank you... I know the children will be happy." After a while he'd stop cleaning the tables and then a pink-haired girl would come in. "Welcome! I hope you can find comfort in this tavern." Sinful noticed that she looked a bit lonely or nervous, and placed a piece of bread and a glass of water on the table. "It's yours if you want it, it's the least I can do for all the people trapped in here..." A few tears dropped from his eyes and landed on the table, he quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and rubbed the towel over the table again. "Sorry... I just get a little emotional when I think about my family in the real world."

Kamui entered the tavern looking all beat up and dirty. Her entire outfit was heavily scratched up, most likely by players using the pushback effect in the safezone. The girl had tears in her eyes, she came up to the table and sat next to Opal and hugged her arm while letting some tears out, "Where's my onii-chan?!" She wailed. Kamui has been searching for days for her older brother Takao, but she couldn't find him at all, she felt lonely in this world and no amount of sweets could help her mood change. (Looking at you Sinful). She then gripped tightly onto her beloved teddy bear and hugged it while letting out some of her tears into Opal's arms.

Yuki's eyes widened at Sinful's actions. "T-thank you" says and bows. Yuki watches the young man shed a few tears. She smiles at how kind he is "Its alright". Yuki turns and sees a young girl walk into the tavern with scratched up cloths and is all dirty. She suddenly starts to feel bad for her, she looked a lot like Yuki when she was young. Yuki looks at the water and bread that Sinful has given her, then back to the young girl beside opal. Yuki hands the girl the bread and water to the young girl. She noticed that she is quite the young child and starts to worry that she joined this game alone and now has no adult to keep her safe. "Here..." She says with the most brightest smile she could make. "Are you all alone?" She says with worry for the young girl who is now before her. 

An enraged Phillia kicked the door of the tavern open and crossed her arms looking at her surroundings. She put her hood on and sat next to Madara, "Hey, don't I know you? You were the one in that tavern, right?" She asked assertively. Phillia opened her HUD and took out a piece of bread taking note of the young girls socializing. 'Damn, reminds me of when I was a kid, but I had friends who gave me bento from time to time.' Her anger died down as she became calm once more. "You're related to that Tsubasa guy right?" She asked calmly.

His heart was touched (Falsely touched) by the kindness in the tavern, it would make any pessimistic person vomit all over the place. "Oh god... It's worse than I thought..." Sinful began to break down in tears and covered his face with his hands. "Why do these children have to be hurt.... why?" He sniffled twice, and then wiped his tears getting back to work. "A bleeding heart that bleeds to death is of no use to anyone..." He said those words pitifully and made a facial expression that made it look like he was having a flashback. "R-Right, back to work." He continued to sniffle and occasionally wipe the tears from his eyes, but he then put another piece of bread and a glass of water on the table for Yuki and the girl to have. "I hope you two can eat like queens today." Sinful gave his most charming smile and watched them.

"F-For me?" Kamui looked over to Yuki and smiled, "Thankyou!" She felt good vibes from just being in this tavern, everybody was so kind! Kamui stared at the bread and split it in half and gave one half to Yuki. "Here, for you!" Her tears disappeared as she welcomed a new friend into her life, one that she'd hope would last forever. "My Onii-chan isn't here, but can you be my Onee-chan?" Kamui looked at Yuki cheerfully, it was strange how one minute she was sad, and now she's happy. "S-So... Is that a yes or a no?"

Yuki smiled at the young girl's kindness. "Its a yes" Yuki smiled back. She finally has a friend, a true friend that she can trust. Yuki is enlightened with happiness. Yuki has never had a friend nor a little sister. Yuki hands the other piece of bread back. "You need this, I don't ill be fine" She smiles sincerely. Yuki is very happy since she has finally made a friend, for the first time in her entire life. 

Yuki was touched how Sinful can be so kind. Smiles back, Has never smiled in her life until now. Yuki felt joy wash over her, she felt like she was doing so good. Yuki notices that Sinful had a face of a flash back. She wonders what might have happened to him in the past. She wonders what might've made Sinful such a nice person today. She smiles when Sinful gives me another bread and water. "Thank you... " Yuki hands Sinful all the col she had left. Yuki had only 17 col and hoped it would be enough for both the young girl and Yuki. 

Yuki looks at the girl who made a dramatic entrance to the tavern. She was startled by the kicking of the door. She watches the girl sit next to a man with the black hair. Yuki wonders if they know each other in any kind of way. "hmm...?" Stares at the both of them, Quickly turns away, Yuki knows its rude to stare at people. She goes back to the young girl. "My name is Yuki..." She smiles kindly.

Opal was about to take a drink of her ale when she felt her arm smashed up with a little girl's face, crying...children. This made Opal quite uncomfortable, one or two...sure, she could get by, but all these kids were a little young to be in a tavern like this. Opal was finally pried away from the crying girl, her eyes wide open and she looked around attempting to piece together what the hell was actually going on. 

"Yeah...That is my que." Opal stood up from the bar stool and smiled to Sinful, "Good luck with your endeavors, I'll be seeing you around." Opal side stepped from the mess that was going on in the tavern and found her way outside finally away from all that commotion. The Vice Commander could stare into the eyes of a Floor Boss, but when it came to children...they were alien to her, she really wasn't too fond of children. 

--

Opal Exits Thread. 

Sinful looks at the col and slides it back to Yuki. "I can't take your money, I make a living by giving to others, not taking. Here, you need this more than me." He slid over a sack of 500 col to her and smiled. "Take care you two, I know it's not much but hopefully you can make something out of it." He almost forgot something. "Oh! I forgot!" Sinful pulled out another sack of 500 col and gave it to Kamui, "I hope you find your older brother, if you need any help, just ask me." And now his wallet was nearly empty, the final 500 col would go to another random individual. More tears came into his eyes, as he wiped them he said "I've finally done it now... Kazu..."

Yuki smiled at Sinful's gesture of giving money to her and Kamui. Yuki looks at Sinful as he brings up someone's name, a name that is probably really important to Sinful. Yuki becomes more curious of the lives of everyone here. She wonders why people get mad, sad, happy, depressed, and all the other emotions. She smiles at Kamui, and makes a promise to herself that she will help Kamui find her older brother. Yuki made a promise to help her friend find her older brother. 

Yuki's stats: 

Level: 1

HP: 10

Energy: 2

Gear:

-Metal chest plate 

-Black coat

Weapons;

-One handed straight-sword [lvl 1]

Coal: 17 +500