[PP:F11] KoTB Social [Complete]

Xion was caught mid sentence when he heard the voice of a fellow Brit and the clap of a hand on his shoulder. "GRAVE YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD" he said; nearly hugging the man but restraining himself . "Man it's been a long time old friend" he said with a chuckle. "Also Mack good luck with having me back aaanytime soon because" he said, stopping to finish one of his beer mugs. "I plan on getting thoroughly smashed and enjoying myself tonight" he said, taking another gulp and getting up, walking a few steps with grave before noticing another familiar face. 

"Low?" He asked, as he looked at the sandy haired dagger user "Good to see that you're green now, bet it makes things a hell of a lot easier. Also..." He said, walking a little closer. "No hard feelings right?" He asked, referring to the time that he had drawn his weapon against Low and Piera in a guild meeting, that was back when he and Mack were like brothers...those were the days. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grinned widely down at the tank in my grip. "Hah, knew you would be excited to see yours truly!" I said with a chuckle. I relinquished my Martial Arts-enhanced grip on Xion's shoulders and stepped back to allow him room to stand. "Haha, a pair of drunken Brits shall hold up the bar tonight, shall we not?" I responded enthusiastically, pretending to hold up a flagon of ale above my head. I blinked as the tank's attention flitted to someone else, Low, he called him... and mentioned him being green. Wait, an ex-orange player?? His reasons better be good, because I do not like the thought of orange players in the guild... I growled inwardly, careful not to let any wolf-like ferocity to emerge.

"Seems like it," Snow smiled to Lawfer's initial comment.

"Mack is..." The blonde looked over to where the red giant continued his conversation. A look concern washed over her expression. "Intimidating..."

She turned back to Lawfer. 

"I'm not ready for anything in his league. He wants fighters and warriors. I'm not..." She paused, looking down. "I'm not ready for that yet."

Then, with a beckon to the barkeep, a new glass of blonde refreshment bubbled in front of her. The frothy head crested just over the edge and ran down the side of the frosted glass. It was then she caught his comment about her glasses. Whether it was the tequila from earlier or the compliment itself, Snow felt warmth in her cheeks. Instinctively, she gripped the side of her frames and adjusted them unnecessarily.

"Oh... Thanks..." She commented, her hands then drifting down to the waves of blonde hair that spilled over her shoulder. Her index finger busidly twirled a lock or two as she focused her eyes on the pilsner, not the gentleman beside her.

"I know we don't need glasses here... The system doesn't know we have bad eyes in the real world. We even had orphan at the Beginner's Refuge who was blind before SAO. She was in the game as part of her treatment."

Snow turned to Lawfer with a a nervous smile.

"I guess wearing glasses again just feels comfortable," she chuckled nervously. He mentioned her accent and she flushed again. Although nineteen was the drinking age back home, Snow left the Czech Republic before she became of age. By Japan's standards, she'd still be underage until later this winter. However, that never truly stopped Daire. Daire had a full year on Snow and since the American loved to party, alcohol was not in short supply in their dorm - even if it was against campus policy. Regardless, those rules didn't apply in this world.

"Truth be told, I haven't drank much alcohol," she admitted, still feeling the warmth of the tequila shot. "But its never to late to try something new!"

She grabbed the glass and held it up to Lawfer in a toasting gesture before taking a sip. Unlike the tequila, the fizzy brew was light, herbal, and slightly bitter. Overall, it was far more refreshing than the hard liquor. Snow still cringed a bit at the flavor, but found it much more tolerable. 

"I've been alright. I'm still not very good with my timing. I've tried to avoid combat if I can and have spent most of my time getting ingredients for my restaurant," her crystal blue eyes matched his.

"What about you? Are you staying safe on the higher floors?" Genuine concern fell off her lips with each word.

“Comfort isn’t something that we are given too often here. You should wear them more often then, and if you do, that means I get to keep on complimenting you on them.” The blonde haired man stated as he winked with his left eye.

“Don’t worry about it, alcohol is kind of an acquired taste. I’ve actually been drinking too much lately. My mentor, Raise, is a bit of a drunkard, so every time we train together…” he paused for a moment to shake his head, when he did his long blonde hair fell forward. Pulling it back behind his ear he chuckled. “I end up hungover and in an awful the next day. I think I have wasted more Col on his drinks than I would have ever spent on gear.” Laughing once more, Lawfer turned his head and smiled. He had wasted nearly a fortune on Raise because of his training, most of which, was self-training that his mentor Raise would tell him to do, lots of material gathering, and the occasional quest.

“Your timing will come sooner or later, I still have issues with mine after all. The spear is difficult to master, you have to account for distance and timing, plus it’s really a piercing weapon, so swinging it around wildly will only make timing more difficult.” Taking a sip of his frothy beverage, the blue eyed spearman could feel the cold brew run down his throat perking him up a bit.

“One decisive strike is all it takes though.” Pausing for a moment, Lawfer caught himself gazing deeply into the woman’s equally brilliant eyes. They felt somewhat familiar to… “I’m happy that you are being safe and smart about it.”

Lawfer could feel the concern that came from the woman’s lips, “Yeah… I’m not doing anything too crazy. But I still should probably be more careful when I am taking my strolls. There is just too much to see, but I promise. I won’t do anything too stupid.” Pausing once more, he took a large swig of his pilsner, the tavern in Taft definitely had a much better brew than that of Floor 7.

“I limit my naps in the wilds to the lower floors where I can’t be hurt and I only stay out in the higher floors if I forget a teleport crystal.” Lawfer stated with a light laugh, he knew that he probably shouldn’t be napping in the wilds of any floor, but to him, there was nothing like a bit of adventure.

“Oh and Snow… Don’t worry about being a warrior yet… You’ll get there eventually, you just need to go at your own pace and you’ll catch up. And if the guild is a place you want to do it at you have us all for support. That’s what a guild is. And if you ever need help, let me know. I may not be as strong as the others, but any excuse to be able to spend a little more time together is worth it in my book.” The blue-eyed dragoon said in a light-hearted but serious manner as he winked once more… He knew that he was a bit of a flirt, but he had been trying to consciously tone it down a bit, the last thing he had wanted to do was add any awkwardness.

Trying to recover slightly, from the obviously romantic gesture the man had finally realized, that Snow had opened her own shop.

“Wait… you have a restaurant now?” The spearman asked with a sense of excitement. “That’s exciting!!! But the real question is… Why haven’t I heard about it yet? And what kind of restraint is it? And why haven’t I eaten there yet…? Well that’s more like three questions, but who can keep count…” chucking after he smiled once more.

Edited by Lawfer

Lowenthal perked his head up as someone came to him. "Oh, yeah. I've been green for a good while now actually." Lowenthal said, in response to Xion. "And I'm just glad that I didn't do anything stupid back then." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "But enough about me, and the days of old. We both know you're not here to remise memories of the old me." Lowenthal gave a yawn, and a stretch before giving Shizuka a kiss on her cheek. "I'm gonna head out, you guys enjoy the rest of the party." Lowenthal said, giving a wave before leaving.

--Lowenthal has exited the thread--

Opal nodded her head at Greg from his related questions, "We have several blacksmiths available in the guild. Macradon, Xion, Beoreson, and Mack are all suitable to make you what you need. Just give them a slight nudge and ask what you want. Also, we have a guild bank of weapons and armor if those suit your fancy as well. Fee free to take what you'd like from there. The drinks are provided by myself, since I rented out the Tavern for us, the keepers were kind enough to open their cases for the party since it came with the rent, also the food was prepared and made by Grave." 

Opal shifted in her seat, one leg over the other as she looked to Greg and found others to file in, Lowenthal included. She looked back to the blonde and smiled, "I hope you enjoy being with us. They can be a rowdy bunch, but each one has a heart of gold in this room. That is something that is missing in Aincrad that I wish for the people to see once again. A true group of players attempting to preserve the future of our lives by defeating these bosses." 

Opal stood up and stretched the long slender legs of hers and yawned lightly. She was about to get another beer when the woman, who was the owner of the establishment spoke up. 

"Excuse me," she said almost in a whisper. With everyone talking and laughing, it was difficult to hear her or even acknowledge the petite woman. She scrunched up her nose and then bellowed out, "EXCUSE ME!" finally the chattering had stopped and all eyes of the Blades and Knights were on her, as was Opal's. 

"Ahh, finally. I wish to thank you all for your patronage on renting out the tavern for the day. But we don't have any more alcohol available well because...you all drank it all. But that is not the problem, we are closing down for the rest of the night as we have a business day tomorrow. I will have to ask you all to finish what you have and leave." 

Opal smiled and stood up straight, "Thank you for letting us rent out your tavern for the night. Blades and Knights, it's time to roll out!" There was mumbles and grumbles of her Knights as they slid out of their chairs and headed through the door, each one passing by with a head nod to the Owner and leaving to their own destinations. Opal bowed generously once more and was the final to leave. 

The young petite woman and her staff looked at the bar which was more or less flipped upside down, "Wow, they sure know how to party." 

--

1 SP All, 1200 Col to Opal