[PP:F11] KoTB Social [Complete]

"I'm sorry, but the tavern has been rented out by the Knights of the Blood Oath, today." A woman who owned the restaurant was given a days worth of col and then some to rent out the establishment for Opal and her Knights. It was a sort of 'Thank you,' to all her members that were working hard and fighting on for one day freeing them all from this world. So in thanks to that effort, the tavern was rented out once again for her Knights. They might remember the very same establishment that they had walked in when they first took in their Oaths and the merging success of the Crimson Blades! 

Opal dusted off her hands. The banners of both merged guilds waved high in the rafters and the entire room had a decorated crimson, white and gold theme. Several kegs of stout beer were laid out for a night of good laughs and some social activity. Opal was wearing her casual clothing, a tank top barely passing over her well endowed chest and thin tight faded denim shorts that hugged her legs quite well. If anything, this version of Opal seemed to be a mix of her playful spirit of the past mixed with the seriousness and ambitious nature of her present all combined for the future of the guild as well as her personal being. Looking around the room, she flicked the platinum blonde hair from her crystal colored eyes and smiled with a happy nod. Any moment they would be filling in and taking up a good portion of the room with their stories of the past as well as looking for a bright new future. 

OOC: Open to all KotB members. If you are looking for a Guild to join and would like to post in this thread, please PM me and we'll work something out. If I have asked you at one point or another to join the KoTB and your character was yet to make any decisions, you may join this thread without permission. Come speak to Opal about membership and we'll have a fun time rping! 

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion sighed as he walked up to the doors of the tavern that he had been to once or twice before. He was wearing a long black trench coat, trousers, boots and shirt. Maybe it was a little too black? Nah, you can never have too much black, or at the least Xion thought so. 

But, as his hand gripped the cold handle something else was on his mind: opal, and the rest of the guild. How would they react to an old member just appearing, well Opal already knew but he didn't know about the other members 

with one final breath Xion opened the door and walked in, he saw the banner of CB alongside KOB. It was a bittersweet sight. But nevertheless it was good to see that KOB had included the CB colours. he then set about looking for opal, and it didn't take long to find her. "Opal..."

he said as he approached her "it's been...a long time hasn't it?" The tank asked, forcing a weak smile

Beoreson responded to the social that had been called with a simple confirmation of, "Okay." The warrior decided that today was not a day for his armor. The warrior wondered around his shop looking for something to wear. Finding nothing he began looking though his inventory. He found that he only had his starter clothes. “Nice, a nice little social has been called and I’m going to show up in noob clothes.” thought the warrior as he equipped the item. The clothing was comprised of a black zip up hoodie and a pair of jean like pants. Beoreson kept his black boots that belonged to his armor on and grabbed the small lump of fur known as Light. The wolf pup whined when taken from her table of furs and hid in the hood of his jacket.

The warrior showed up as he normally does. By throwing open the door and walking in clearing the room of threats. Sadly today there were no threats so he just walked in and scanned the room. He walked and saw Xion and Opal. The man waved to them as if he saw them both just yesterday and took a seat in the corner of the room so he could see all the doors and have his back covered. Light could be seen peeking out from behind him and watching the area with him.

As the golden haired spearman materialized in the Taft he smiled. "Finally a day off from duties." He said to himself as he thought back to the past few days and how he had been excruciatingly busy with small guild duties such as training and helping the lower level players with everyday tasks. As he walked to the predetermined tavern, he took a deep breath and exhaled. As he did so he realized he was still in full battle attire, raising his right hand, he entered his inventory and switched over to a loose fitting plain white shirt and his black jeans. Opening the door, he walked in noticing the familiar faces he raised his hand and waved.

Walking over to his comrades he smiled, "Vice Commander." He said with a wink, then he looked over to Beo who had situated himself in the back of the room. "Beo whats going on buddy!" Finally he looked to Xion, it had been ages since he had seen the tank of the Crimson Blades. "Xion! Good to see you man!" the azure eyed speaman said as he patted his comrade on the shoulder before taking a seat next to everyone. Reaching out, he took a glass of the stout that had been sitting at the center of the table. Taking a large pull of the frothy goodness he smiled. With the spearman spending so much time at the tavern with his new mentor, he had all but become reliant on the alcohol to keep his even keeled temperament. "Who remembers the last time we were all together at a bar? Well at least, partially remembers?" He asked his comrades, as he remembered the CB get together where just about everyone was sloshed beyond belief.

Opal smiled at the sound her name being. She had turned to greet the Crimson Aegis once more with a friendly shake of his hand, but she pulled him to her and gave him a hug in the process and whispered in his ear, "Welcome back," before releasing him and setting off a small giggle in the process, "Xion it has indeed, been a long time. I am very glad you have made it. I was not sure if you'd be wanting to come back or not, when I heard rumors of you returning. It is good to see the man in the flesh once more." 

She smiled lightly at him and patted him on the shoulder, "Have you spoken to Mack yet? If you get a time, I would like you two to speak and see if we can get you back in the armed services of the Crimson Blades. We could always use another tank in the guild, but more importantly to have a friend back as well. I hope we can put aside our past and move forward from that drama. I have matured as a woman in mind and spirit and holding a grudge seems somewhat petty now. Please, enjoy a cold brew. Grave has made everything you see here so enjoy the relaxed environment." 

The Vice Commander heard the doors open once again, wondering who was next to follow in line after Xion was the ever so edgy Weapon's Master, Beoreson. She smiled scrunching up her nose and giving him a wave back as he took a seat in the corner of the tavern. Opal remained standing in the middle of the room, she would greet everyone who walked in as it was her duty to do so, she wanted everyone to feel welcome and she also needed to be made available if anyone wanted to speak with her. 

It didn't take long for Lawfer to show up, of course he would, one of the other returning members of the Blades and KoB member, "Good to see you as well Lawfer, but you keep winking. Might wanna get that eye checked out, also tonight...It's just Opal. No titles attached." She offered up a smile and allowed the two comrades in arms to speak with one another while standing there, smiling like a goofball in her shredded denim shorts. 

Lawfer had brought up a good memory the last time they were all together like this, it was Beoreson's grand reopening of his Shop and everyone came to that get together. Mack and Opal also had a killer game of chugging back drinks, the day after...not such a great memory. But none the less she remembered, "Barely remember that day...so much alcohol had been consumed...so much..." she said shaking her platinum blonde hair side to side as she tried to rid the memories of the next morning and still not convinced to actually what transpired. 

Spoiler

HTfrwJT.png

Edited by Opal

Xion nearly gasped in surprise as he was pulled into Opal's hug, not that it was pleasant just unexpected. "No opal I haven't talked to Mack, but I intend on doing so, being with the bladea once more would be amazing" he said with a smile before Opal started talking about her maturing as a person, of them both letting their grudges go. "Agreed, I can tell that you're...very...very different. Although being second in command hasn't stopped you from wearing the most revealing clothes in all of Aincrad!" He said with a laugh before Lawfer and beor entered. 

Beor simply waved, t wasn't much but at least the man  acknowledged Xion's existence, and Lawfer gave him a friendly pat on the back. "Lawfer! It's been a while my friend, how have you been?" He asked before walking off for a second to get a beer, the froth at the top making a small moustache on his face when he took a sip. "It's been a while since I've drunk..." He muttered. 

"What did I tell ya!"

The voice would call out from within the tavern.  The jade haired hunter of the Crimson Blades, Hirru would lean against the door frame of the entrance, as he watched his Xion be greeted by everyone that knew him.  The hunter regained his posture before walking over to his old friend.  He had walked in not too long ago, but kept quiet to watch what happened.  Clasping a hand on the tanks shoulder, he would nod to Xion.

"Everyone missed you, and wanted to see their brother, once again."

He would say before letting go of Xion's shoulder, smiling as he greeted everyone else.

Ever one to make an entrance, Mack was clad in the red and gold hooded robe that denoted his rank and station both within the Knights of the Blood Oath and within the Crimson Blades strike team that was quickly becoming a premier unit within the guild as more and more of the Blades achieved a high enough rank to be included in the massive floor clearing raids. Pulling the deep hood of the robes up over his head to conceal his face, not that it would do much to truly conceal his identity among his guildmates, Mack pushed open the door to the pub and headed inside. Opal was entertaining several fellow guildmates, including the former second-in-command of the Blades when they had been a standalone guild prior to the merger. Mack nodded once in greeting to Opal and then headed off to the refreshment tables to grab a frothing mug of strong stout beer.

The invite was sent only a few days after Opal and her met on the first floor. In fact, shortly after the blonde turned in her first quest to Angel, the two of them sat down together at the Inn and continued their evening together. She had a few drinks, Snow had a few waters, it was a good time. The young phalanx wasn't sure if it was just Opal's cheery demeanor after some fine liquor or if she actually meant it, but the sassy warrior invited the novice adventurer to attend a meeting on the eleventh floor. The Vice Commander stated it would be a casual gathering and armor would not be needed.

Snow had a few days to think it over, but as the light faded from the warp gate, the young blonde stood there wearing her tied off, ragged top, her jean shorts with white belt, and lashed on boots. With a nudge of her red glasses, she pulled up the map of Taft. On it blinked the marker Opal set days prior.

Spoiler

25185295735_f374431ba0_o.jpg

"No big deal," Snow encouraged herself. "They are all probably just like Lawfer and Opal... Yeah. Nice people. The Blood part is just a name."

The blond nodded and closed out her menu.

"Yeah, just a name..."

Moments later, she stood outside the designated tavern. Muffled voices of the occupants made its way through the solid oak doors. Snow took a deep breath, one hand close to her chest, the other on the handle. With a bit lower lip, she clicked the door open and peaked her head in.

"Hello?" she sheepishly called out to the many unfamiliar faces within.

Edited by Snow

OOC: The triumphant return of Chewie... now, he just needs to gnaw on a wolf pup for a bit.

Mack's head whipped around in the direction of the voice that had called out "hello" but he need not have bothered. The one bear cub welcoming crew, though wrecking crew might have been more appropriate, whipped out from behind Mack's scarlet robes and went tearing full tilt across the room, bellowing a greeting at the top of his tiny lungs. Mack returned to his mug of beer, taking a long pull. "Five minutes, new record," he muttered, watching the bear go zooming off in the direction of the new blonde woman. Obviously, Chewie was unfamiliar with this person and thought they were an easy mark to give him food. The sad part was, the bear was right more often than not. Skidding to a stop at Snow's feet, though in actuality he came to a stop when he plowed into the unmovable object that was her legs, the bear tilted his scruffy face up, bawled again, and then opened his mouth and directed one clawed finger down his throat in the universal sign for "feed me."

"When you're done with the bear, I want a word," the red bearded man called across the rapidly filling bar, pointing a finger in Snow's direction so she would know exactly who he was talking to. She was a low level player, that much was certain. But, the strike team needed either a dedicated healer or a dedicated tank, and if he could get one member in at a low enough level she would be able to tag along on missions and gain massive experience point boosts by power leveling with them until she caught up. A calculated risk, but a relatively safe one if the blonde was willing. There was also the undeniable fact that the Blades were a bit of a boys club, and it would do them some good to add a woman to the mix, if she wanted to join the strike team.

Xion's face cracked into a grin as he heard Hirru's voice from somewhere behind him, followed by a friendly Pat on the back. "I know Hirru...and it would seem that you were right" he said with a smile, before an unmistakable figure walked into the tavern: Mack. 

It had been ages since Xion had seen his former Guildmaster. "Mack!" He called, walking over to the mountain of a man. "Mack it's been too long...how have you been?" The tank asked, before taking another gulp of beer. "Also, Opal said that I should talk to you about joining the strike team?" He asked, before turning his head to face the source of a rather timid sounding voice . "Hi, I'm guessing you're a new addition to the guild? If so then join the club" the tank said jokingly. 

Lawfer laughed at his vice commander, "Well Miss Boss Lady, why would i want to get rid of such a charming feature of mine?" He asked sarcastically, as the azure eyed spearman, winked once more consciously to rub it in. Taking another large gulp of his stout he looked around at the ever growing crowded room. Mack and Hirru had finally made an appearance, in their own ways. Leaning back in his chair, he took another large gulp. "This is some good drink." he commented to himself as he watched the his new acquaintance, Snow, walk in. He knew that she was a friend of Opal's but didn't realize she was part of the guild. 'I should probably check the roster more often.' As the lumbering giant, spoke heavy words to Snow, Lawfer laughed. 

"Hey Mack! Try not to scare the woman!" he said jokingly as he waved politely at Snow and smiled. Turning his attention back to his mug off goodness, he polished of the remaining stout, reaching to the center of the table he grabbed another mug and took a sip. Looking over to Opal, Lawfer smiled, "This was a good idea getting everyone together again." Raising his mug, he cheers'ed the woman and took another pull of his beer. 

Opal smiled at Xion, shelving fallen hair from her face to the back of her ear. She squinted lightly at his comment about wearing the most revealing clothing in Aincrad, "Well, a lot has happened to me in the past few months. I have gone through some radical changes, let's just say...I haven't been who I am up until recently. I'll talk to you about that in private at another time, Xion. Right now..." she looked around the room, "It's time for positivity and not depressing stories..." She cleared her throat and looked about, everyone was having a good time and drinking it up. Opal laughed, she had no idea Mack brought his familiar with him, Chewie was hidden in the massive robes of the Blades Cloak shooting out none later at the door and a timid voice. Just as that was going on, her name was sounded off from across the room. Looking at the intended party, it was Lawfer holding up his mug in salute to her idea of putting this together. Red lips curled and smiled, "Hey, no problem. I am glad you all are at least enjoying yourselves!" 

When Opal looked over she noticed Snow peeking her head in and walking inside only to find her being harassed by the cub bear Chewie and the deep rumbling voice of Mack who inquired for her to seek him when she was done with the bear. Opal rolled her eyes and moved towards her friend, "Welcome, Snow! This little cub here is Mack's familiar, his name is Chewie. He'll eat...anything. And he won't leave you alone until he is fed. The big guy over there with the thundering voice, that would Mack. He is 3rd Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath and Captain of the Crimson Blades, our elite strike force." The woman took Snow by the arm guiding her the rest of the way into the tavern. 

"Let's see..." the woman held Snow arm in arm as she looked about the room wondering where to start, "Well, this dashing male is Xion, you know the blonde with the long hair over there to be Lawfer. Let's see...Beoreson, pop your head up please and raise your hand! Thank you! That's Beoreson, he seems a bit on the 'edgy' side, but he's a nice guy." Working herself to Hirru, the Jade Hunter, the woman smiled, "This guy here is Hirru, you need a hunter or information on anything, this guy is the person you wanna talk to. I think that does it for introductions so far..."

Opal turned and to her and smiled and gave her a quick hug before wrapping an arm around her silky smooth skin, "Everyone, a moment please! I would like you all to meet Snow! She might end up joining us today or in the future so I want you all to welcome her when you get the chance!" Opal turned back to Snow, her red lips curling into an undefeated smile and squeezed her shoulder lightly with her manicured nails, "I'm really, really happy you got a chance to make it. Please, make yourself comfortable wherever you like. I do believe Mack said he wanted to talk to you..." she said with a playful nudge. 

Edited by Opal

Roaring, tumbling, scattering ball of little brown hunger driven fury barreled its way toward Snow. In any manner of introductions to a girl that sparsely ventured higher than the fourth floor of her shop, this one certainly set the mood for what to expect. Her first reaction was paralysis. She could only watch in adorable horror as the dog sized cub scrambled up to her. She meant to close the door on it until the ball of fluff collided with her legs and sent her staggering inside the tavern. With a click, the door shut and Snow's color washed from her face.

"A room of strangers, a deadly bear! What've I do--"

She stopped in the middle of her panicked thoughts as the cub thumped on its haunches, shook its head, and proceeded to point in its own mouth like an infant.

"Uh..." was the extent the blonde could articulate.

Then, like a booming thunder, a large red-headed man beckoned to the young Valkyrie. He made mention to the bear to which Snow set her gaze upon and then back to its master. Strangely, the two were a fit for one another. Both looked like condensed, muscular power personified.

"S-sure," the girl stammered in reply to Mack's beckoning only to find her small frame jerked elsewhere like a rag doll.

Snow found her arm now attached to a more familiar face as Opal dragged guided her through the tavern. Meanwhile, Snow caught a glimpse of Lawfer and an unknown male making mention to her as a new edition. She knew she wasn't officially drafted and all the sudden input was making her head spin. She thought she had anxiety trying to deal with problems in the Town of Beginnings. That was nothing by comparison.

Then, Opal began a lightning round of introductions. Pointed fingers, names, and casual waves to unknown figures went around the room.

"Hell-" she managed toward Xion.

"Nice to see yo--" she nearly completed toward Lawfer.

She skipped words and mearly managed a half wave to Beoreson before being "guided" toward the final body in the building.

"Hi, Hirr--" Snow began, but Opal, the strong woman she was and so very much like Daire, carried on Snow's introduction for her. Considering how hard Snow's heart was beating from intimidation and panic, it was likely for the better.

While Opal finished her announcement, Snow had just the slightest of moments to catch her breath and calm her nerves. The girl's hand nearly clutched her her own chest above her heart as if to keep it from leaping out onto the table and flop around before Chewie would make a snack of it. When Opal smiled at her, Snow felt eased. Finally, something familiar.

"Thanks Opal..." Snow timidly replied. "Had I known there were so many people here, I would have PMed you before just coming in... I hope I didn't interrupt anything important."

The Vice Commander shook her head assuredly, before making mention of Mack. With a slight nudge, Snow staggered in the direction where Mack sat, Chewie eyeing her form a much safer distance. The young Valkyrie took one last pass at the new faces before making her way through the empty tables and chairs to the 3rd Commander. Boy was he a large man.

Snow stopped at his table, unsure if it would be rude to just take a seat or if she should stand. Maybe he'd feed her to the bear? 

Snow nervously waved, keeping her hands close to her body as possible.

"H-Hello," she managed with a slight bow to Mack. "I-It's nice to meet you. You said you wanted to see me?"

The teen's hands nearly white knuckled, trying to keep her anxiety at bay. Too many new things too quickly.

[[OOC: Sorry its so long!!! @~@; So many people!]]

Edited by Snow

Fully clad in his guild uniform armor, Macradon came walking towards Taft's tavern once again. Even though it wasn't that long ago, it felt quite nostalgic coming to the same place once again. He would walk into the tavern, spotting the familiar faces and a new one he hadn't seen before. "Well hello there" Macradon said, totally forgetting that he should keep the greeting to higher ranked first. He would quickly get to Opal and gat a salute up "Greetings, Vice-Commander" and then over to his team leader "Well met, Mack!" he would say with a smile, he totally forgot his sallet's visor and quickly pulled it up to finally show his face. He would walk up to the bar and grab a drink, just a soft ginger ale, nothing strong nothing special, just a plain ginger ale. He would walk over to the others and greet those as well "Nice to see you guys again, how's going?" he would ask the lot.

And then she wandered off and left him. Without giving him any food. 'What in the royal hell,' Chewie thought to himself, looking over one scruffy shoulder at the new blonde woman he was just meeting as Opal dragged her off. Dragged her off without feeding him. Girls always fed Chewie. It was a rule, or something, so nearly as the bear could tell. Something was very wrong here. He was about to go tearing off after her when something else caught his attention. A snout poking up above Beoreson's shoulder. A distinctly canine and lunch-looking-like snout. With a bellowed battle cry, the grizzly cub tore off in the direction of Beoreson. He still had yet to gnaw on the wolf's head, how else was he to figure out if wolves were good to eat?

About that time both Xion and Snow made their way over to where Mack was seated, nursing a strong stout beer. "It has been a long time Xion, and both of you grab a seat," the hulking man rumbled, gesturing with his empty hand as Chewie continued to accost Beoreson. If the other warrior gave the bear cub a swift boot to the rear, Mack wasn't going to do anything to prevent it. Chewie had to learn sometime. "Straight down to business. I have one spot open, at the moment, on the Strike Team. More spots may open in the future, I'm considering a reshuffle. I know that Xion brings some tanking skills to the table, but Snow we could power level you and you could then make a player build that would fit in on the team as well, assuming you join the Knights of the Blood Oath. It's also undeniable that the Blades are a bit of a boys club, quite by accident, and adding a female player would help fix that image, somewhat. So, we need to hash out who's getting the spot."

Xion nodded to Mack as a thanks for offering him a seat. "I see you're still into your ale Mack" he said jokingly, before the man went straight into talk about the strike team. ' he still has no time for pleasantries and small talk' Xion thought as he listened to Mack. There was only one spot left and Xion was determined to get it, no offence to snow. "Mack, not to push snow out onto the curb here but I was one of the founding members of the Crimson blades, and as far as I know the only proper tank. Yes I'm under levelled but that can be rectified with hard work and power-levelling, not to mention that I'm most likely a little more experienced than the girl" he said, turning to snow and giving her a ' I'm sorry but I really bloody want this' face...whatever that looks like. "Not to insult or belittle Snow, but maybe it would be better for her to learn the ropes and maybe gain some more confidence as a part of the main KOB group, and then add her to the strike team once more spaces are available. That way she can be eased into the guild, and we can both, potentially join the strike team as far as I can see"

It seemed like forever since he wore anything other than his cloak, but the day's tasks wouldn't require any sort of combat so he chose to dress in a more casual shirt instead. By the time Seul reached the tavern the gathering was already in full swing and many of his fellow guildees were in attendance it would seem. Most were enjoying themselves and talking about things he could only guess the context of. That being the case, he didn't see the point in interrupting anyone since there wasn't anything in particular that he desired to say anyway. A seat toward the center of the room was where he eventually decided to rest and it was where he while opening a status window and mulling over his stats. "Ugh... My progress has gone stagnant..."  He mumbled before gently bringing his face down to meet the tabletop.

Edited by Seul

A silver-white raven can be seen through the open wooden door into the tavern, the flash of a golden and red cloak every now and again. The cry would carry in the unique voice of Ethereal, "For f**k's sake Argent! Get down here you stupid bird. No, I don't care - you've been hiding away in the store long enough." Finally an exasperated sigh is heard along with the rap of shoes on stone as Eth steps up to and opens the door, looking over his shoulder as he did so. "Suit yourself Argent. Enjoy the cold out there." The swordsman shakes his head in dismay as he steps inside, immediately spotting the group of Blades and Knights chatting amongst themselves along with a small bear cub dashing about the place. With an apologetic smile he makes his way over, waving warmly as he did so, cape partially covering his medieval commoner-style apparel. "Hey everyone, sorry I'm a little late, heh." the bearded man offers while his head screams 'Did they hear you talking to your bloody familiar? Oh jeez, I am never gonna hear the end of this..

Edited by Ethereal

With a slight growl Light begins to burrow deeper into Beoreson's hood. The warrior gives Chewie his best, " Don't mess with my baby or I'll destroy your soul." look. Sadly for the cub he didn't head his warning. He also decided that right now would be a good time to start talking. "Light, power word, KILL. Target Chewie.", states the warrior as he begins to watch the chaos begin as the two familiars begun there "combat". It looked close to be akin to what would be observed while watching puppies learning to fight.