[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Artisan) Luck goes a long way

ID# 50427 results:

Loot: 19

As Hydra approached the trunk his feet began to sink slightly, "Aha! This is definitely the stuff im looking for". Hydra knelt down and careful took a portion of the soil. It was certainly fertile, layers of humus had lined the top and it had a much richer color to what he had seen previously". He put the substance in a suitable container to ensure none of it would fall out. The spearman took out his parchment handed to him earlier, "1x boar tusk... check!, 1x Pure water... check!, 1x Fertile forest soil... check!" The player let out a sigh of relief, "Two whole days it took me to get 3 ingredients, not to mention I almost died, anyway I better get back to the store to find out what I should do next".

1x materials (fertile forest soil)

*Ding* The bell rung out as Hydra walked into the 'Blue raindrop' Artisans store. Akane his mentor was already on the counter, "Ah, hello, so how goes the material hunt?". The spearman gave a half excited, half tired smile before collapsing on the counter. "I got the stuff I needed" slowly lifting a bag up with his left arm and dropping it on the counter. "Alright I'll take a look.. In the mean time you should get some rest". Hydra didn't need to be told twice, the spearman was out; 2 days waking up early and not getting his daydreaming in had a serious toll on his body.

The sun filtered through the blue stained windows making the room a very strange color. Hydra awoke *Yawn*, the spearman sat up and looked around, the store seemed empty. The player opened his HUD and withdrew a bread and water from his inventory, the taste of proper food had become a distant memory for him.. "Once I've earnt enough ill make sure I go get a proper meal" He nodded to himself a couple of times. "What was that?" Akane his mentor walked through holding another parchment. "Ah nothing" He scratched his head, "Is that what im required to do next?", she shook her head in approval, "you've earnt x3 materials, that means you've got 3 attempts to make a clay trinket", "Alright what if I fail?" "Back out to gather more". Hydra gulped.. "Alright I'll give it a go". Akane spent the next 30 minutes showing Hydra the method of making the clay trinkets, until he felt comfortable he could handle it.   

First attempt

"Alright, first time lucky" Hydra said sarcastically, he aligned the materials he had gathered in front of him, the sketching of the deer was to his left. "What role does each of these materials play in the trinket itself". Akane glanced at him, "Well the boars tusk helps strengthen the clay to make sure it doesn't break, whilst the special soil and water just proivdes a better quality". The spearman thought about it for a moment.. "Ah makes sense now".

ID# 50467 results:

Craft: 1

"AGHHHHH! WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY!" A fat blob of clay lay in front of Hydra, it held for a few seconds before dribbling down the sides of the work bench. *Facepalm*. "Relax it was your first try, go again".

Materials: 3 (3-1) = 2 materials

Second attempt

"Alright I got this... remember your training, deep breaths" *in* *out* *in* *out*. The thoughts of going material hunting invaded Hydra's mind, his face went ghostly pale for a moment. "No im not going back again! ALRIGHT let's make this clay deer". The spearman looked hard and long at the sketching of the deer he had drawn so the concept was ingrained in his mind, and set himself to work.

ID# 50470 results:

Craft: 11

After a few hours of extensive work, the player very slowly opened his eyes and blinked once or twice. In front of him lay an almost perfect clay trinket, the shape of the deer was even and rounded, it was pocket sized and the antlers had enough detail to prove it was of a rare build. "Alright! You did it!" Akane jumped and hit him on the head. "Did I really make this". He blinked a few more times to make sure he wasn't in one of his daydreams. "Yup that's definitely your work. You can now help me in my shop" the NPC said gleefully. Hydra sighed one more time in relief, finally he had managed to get a job.

2/2 crafts used p/day

EXP: 1 (crit failed) + 5 (rare quality) = 6 EXP = Rank 1

Materials: 2 (2-1) = 1 materials left

Item name: Forest Hart

Profession:  Artisan

Role: 11 (see above) ^^

Item type: Clay trinket

Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Enhancements: Recovery (1 slot - applicable to trinkets) + Loot dice (1 slot - applicable to trinkets)

Description: The first success story of the artisan Hydra, but the second craft ever made by him *first was blobby mess*. This item was inspired by nature after the player caught sight of a deer in a nearby forest on floor 1. It was named 'Forest Hart' because it resembled the materials used to create it, and the animal itself. The base material is a solid clay, however a paint coating of white and brown has given the trinket quite a mystical appearance and one which clearly defines the players 'daydreaming' nature, the trinket is small and easy to carry.