[F4 - PP] A new start or just a repeat?(Shark) (Complete)

There she was, a lonely figure clad in blue light armor, sitting by herself in front of a frozen fountain in Snowfrost Village not too far away from her shop. Despite being lonely 'alone' wasn't the best word to describe her as she was accompanied by a white furred lion cub that almost blended in with the surrounding snow in this fairytale like environment. Three back stripes across the lioness' body prevented her from turning invisible right before Ariel's eyes. But still Ariel was in such a state that neither her trusty companion could snap her out of no matter how much she tried. From the blonde's lips came a small enumeration of names, guilds that she joined before until they got disbanded or got kicked out for got knows what reason.

"Maybe I should remain a solo player from now on. I'd save some people a lot of trouble!" she muttered while watching her cub play in the snow. Her tone carrying deep sadness and her eyes releasing a lonely tear as she found out once again that the guild she was a part of with her friends... disbanded.

I had just got back from a training session in the mountains of the 4th floor and thought that I should check into the town and see if anyone is in need of any help. I made my way to the town and sat down by the fountain while looking around for signs of distress. I wonder if anyone will know who I am. Have I faded from those who's names are well known? Has my guild fallen that low? I said as I began to ponder the questions of this life in SAO.

As the blonde was trying to answer the last question, a figure enters her little frozen piece of heaven. She hurriedly wiped off her tears with the back of the hand as she noticed him. Despite being in a safe zone, she looked at him with a bit of suspicion at first. A tall figure, all clad in heavy armor a knight of sorts... she just hoped that the guy wouldn't try to make a pass at her. Her eyes widen in surprise as she glanced at the final piece of 'clothing' that he wore. "That cloak..." she muttered.By color she judged that it belonged to the infamous guild that trademarked a certain shade of blue. As a tailor, she'd done a number of similar cloaks but wasn't sure if that one too was hers, not until she'd look for the small shop logo she'd usually put on the backside.

Her familiar too had noticed the boy as he sat and drew onto him, slowly growling at him as she (the lioness) got closer. For now, the blonde would discreetly watch, interested to see how the two would interact. The familiar would show slight animosity towards him, or better yet for the color of the cloak.

While I was sitting down by the fountain, I opened my guild page and looked hard at the roster. At that moment, I exhaled pretty loud but no one seemed phased by it. How can I recruit more people to the guild when the name has fallen and no one notices us anymore? I said softly as I began to go into deep thinking about the actions I could take to improve my situation. 

Just then I felt like there was something or someone that was watching me with animosity so I began to look around to see what was going on. As I looked around, I noticed a cub starring at me like I was about to hurt it. I couldn't help but smile at the cub as I looked up to see who the owner was. Hello there. I feel like we have met before. I'm Shark, Leader of the Azure Knights, formerly the Knights of Christ. I said as I introduced myself to the women. 

It seemed that she didn't get to be an outside observer for two long as the guy turned towards her and presented himself. She would turn towards him and nod. "The former guild name rings a bell but I'm afraid we haven't meet. Kayla Ariel D'Sole,... recently returned to being a solo player." She let out a bitter laugh as she let out those those last words. The truth was still a bit hard to accept. "And I see you've met my familiar, Kimba." she continued, making a small hand gesture to the lioness in a attempt to calm her down. Surprisingly she obliged and after taking a couple of sniffs from Shark's direction, she returned to her previous business ignoring the two. "Please excuse her, she's not particularly fond of that color." said the blonde while gesturing towards his cloak. "Can't say that I'm a big fan of it too." she continued with a smile. "So what brings you to this little frozen paradise?" she asked, taking a sit on the same bench as him. She wasn't in the best of moods but knew that being alone wouldn't improve it, talking to some random stranger however had a 50/50 chance and at least it would take her mind off things.

The women mentioned that the former guild name rang some bells and then introduced herself as Kayla Ariel D'Sole. I thought about the name, So what would you like me to call you? Kayla? Ariel? I asked as I looked at the cub, who she said that their name was Kimba. Seems like a friendly cub there. I said as I remembered she said she recently went solo. She said she wasn't too fond of the colors I was wearing I tried to think about why she wasn't fond of the colors. So, what makes you not too fond of these colors? I asked her as I looked down at my cloak and how I was sporting my typical blue and white stripped cloak that bore the original Knights of Christ logo on the back with the Azure brigade logo on the right shoulder. 

The women proceeded to ask me about what I was doing out this far. Well, the reason I am out here is because I was out wondering the mountains and trying to get back in my old grove. I figured that it would be good to stop by town and see if anyone would know who I was. I told her as I opened my menu and looked over my equipment to see if I needed to get anything repaired while I was out.

"Ariel but please spare me the mermaid jokes. That wasn't the intention of my parents, they thought about the more... religious meaning behind it when they gave me that name." Said the blonde with a smile, she didn't knew if he was or not the joker type but decided to clear that before anything else. After taking a look at his cloak, he seemed to be puzzled as to why the blonde made that claim. She decided to oblige him with an answer, while staring at the logo on his shoulder. "I too was a member of the Brigade, well not the reformed one we have now but the one started by the original Commanders. Long story short I came to think of my guild members as family only to be cast away without even being given an explanation, alongside everyone else except the leaders. That was only the last piece... among other things, the fact that the commanders forbid us to attend the 10th floor's boss raid just because we weren't in charge of the planning meeting but Mari. That was the moment that I saw the Brigade put its pride before the safety of our fellow players." A frow clouded her expression as she recalled the last part, she even hated herself for accepting to the terms with little to no objection as she was just recently added to the guild roster. "So yeah, 'not being fond of' is just me putting it mildly." she said at the end looking him into his eyes.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

I began to think about what Ariel just said about her name, I am not one to joke about peoples name and find it rude to begin with. I said with a friendly smile on my face. She then made notice of the small symbol of the Azure Brigade. The woman began to give a personal story about her relation to the Brigade followed by some details about some strange events that happened while she was with them. There have been some issue with the Brigade recently, that's for sure. Not to worry, I govern my guild differently then them and may even make some changes that effect our current stance, considering what has been going on with them. I said as I checked my guild allies and saw the Knights of Blood Oath on there and remembered from way back when that was made. I like to have that family feel within the guild because it helps players grow and strengthens our bonds as teammates. I would never disallow a whole guild from partaking in a raid just because of who is leading it. I told her as most of my smile left my face as I remembered how the Brigade was looked at after that incident. I tried to keep on a happy and friendly face as I looked back at the woman. You certainly do have a valid reason to not like the colors. The thing is, if I am going to make these changes, I am going to need a tailor to make a change to the cloaks. I said as I winked at her, hinting that there is an open invitation if she was interested in joining the guild. I just need to gather some more players before these changes can be made, or else the guild goes poof by the system. I told her as I opened the guild menu to look at the current roster again.

Observing his manner of speech and gestures made the blonde think "You sure are a optimistic guy, aren't you? So easygoing as your guild is facing extinction."she didn't hesitate to voice it as it crossed her mind. As always, her straightforwardness got the better of her but her instincts that she took so much pride in, told her that he wouldn't feel offended. Of course she didn't care about that very much as they literally just met. Either way, she continued to listen and at the end show a mischievous smile as she got his hint: "Well you're in luck, as I am Aincrad's #1Tailor. All items with this on them have come from my shop." she said as she brought forward her right hand and showed him the white crowned logo that was present on the vambrace. The item appeared to be made of steel, basically had the same resistance but was instead leather made to imitate steel's exterior properties.
Out of the blue she began waving her hand as she rested the elbow on her left hand: "But business hasn't been that great lately, though the before mentioned guild seems to have become a regular." She stopped and put her hands in front of her. "But I'll leave the discussion of professions for another time. Right now... for conversation's sake... what benefits would joining your guild bring? except for the things you have mentioned before." she was genuinely curious about that, far too many recruiters promise things that will happen in the future, having nothing to support their words.

The Azure Knights are in need of those who have a profession as well as members in general. When Ariel took the hint I was dropping, offering her a spot in my guild, I couldn't help but leak a smile from my face. Of course I am optimistic. It's just who I am. I feel that when you look at the negative side of things, you give up on possibilities of life. I told her as I looked at the open slots in my guild. I smiled and looked back at her, Well as far as benefits go, we can make The Lions Den an official guild shop and spread the word among players to try and get your business back up. We have the aid of the Brigade so maybe I can get them to contribute to your business. Another benefit is that I can make you a Field Commander since you show outstanding skills of combat. I said as I sent her a guild invitation. I kept thinking about what could happen with her in the guild, With your help, we can increase our numbers and grow to a force not to be reckoned with and reach our hands of help to all players so that we can overcome Aincrad and return everyone home to see their families. I said as I smiled at Ariel and her cub. I was hopeful that she would accept so that I can usher in a new era for the Knights.

The blonde was beginning to start to like this guy, reminded her of herself a little back when she was wandering around floor 1 and gifting random players items from her shop be it of uncommon or rare quality that people didn't buy. She could sense a similar naiveté in his words,much like her old self. As she listened to him.. and after the invite window popped in front of her but she was hesitant. "I'll be honest with you, my guild experiences aren't that great... Except for the Brigade, all the other guilds I joined eventually disbanded for various reasons, even the one I made." her thoughts trailed back to the first guild, The Guardians of Aincrad then to Absolute Pin and Amethyst Descent she knew the reasons why they disbanded but couldn't help to feel that it was a bit her fault too. A somehow lonely expression clouded her face as she looked at the invite. "I bear with me the marks of some of my previous guilds, he bluebird of the Guardians and the crystal from Amethyst Descend.(check sig, under dmg acc eva stats) The Guardian's creed and amethyst feelings are deeply rooted inside me, so if I join your guild... " she raises her gaze and looks at Shark, straight into his eyes mirroring them into her own silver ones as she continued with an attempt of a serious expression: "Will I be able to retain them?" she asks, almost pleading despite the failed initiative to keep up a serious face. If he would reply positively she would renounce her hesitation and accept the invitation for a second chance, with a touch of a button.... well a holographic screen. 

The player addressed the marks of her previous guilds and seemed to feel like this guild would turn out like the rest. I looked at her with a sight of good faith, You know, the experience you have will be of huge benefit to us because you have seen what breaks a guild. Now you can use that experience to build a guild and help players so they don't have to go through what you did. My guild has been apart of the game since day one and we are still together,  I said as I chuckled a bit. Well, what's left of us anyways. But that's besides the point because we are still standing here today. I told her as I tried to assure her that the guild will not be disbanding anytime soon. I would like to you retain those marks for they can be of great motivation to you as we grow to help more players. If you want to rid yourself of them at any point, I understand. I turned around and looked at the fountain,  I picture a future where the Knights are well known and respected by all players of the game and seen as a refuge for any and all lost players that would like to find a place to fit in or help others like them. I looked back at Ariel and asked, What kind of future would you like to see for the players in this game? I asked her as a way to indicate how she currently felt about this game. I began to think that if there are players that feel the same way I do, then there may be hope for the guild yet again. I looked at Ariel with confidence that we can grow and be that future that I picture. I kept a smile on my face to assure her that my intentions are true and I aim to help the players in this game.

The girl continued to look at him, her eyes getting a bit teary... As he turned his gaze at the fountain, the blonde took the moment to wipe out any tears that may or may not have 'leaked out' . She takes a deep breath as  lightly slaps her cheeks to get out of this depressing mood. The way he talked about the guild and the greater good, it reminder her so much of Lessa.. the armored beauty that took a very reckless blonde under her wing and taught her the basics of surviving in this death game. 'There are still people like that.' thought the blonde as she listened to his latest question. "the future? I want to get out of this place and resume my training in the real world. I'm not an idealist as in to say that all of us will make it but I'll claw and bite for me and my close ones. But I would be a liar to say that I completely despised this game. The freedom and lack of strict regulations are a small blessing alongside with other experiences." said the blonde with a smile. She really liked how she was able to use her rapier here without being stopped by a referee.

"I've got one last question..what's the guild's policy on orange players?" she asked with genuine interest. In the past she'd show animosity towards the tainted marker but now, after all this time things changed as she knew new people.

I could see that what I have been saying may have triggered some kind of emotional feeling. Ariel then answered my question about the future, Don't get me wrong, I know not everyone will live but I can only help but be hopeful that a greater number will. I said as I checked the list of names that were crossed out. I turned my head back towards Ariel after she mentioned the freedom that we have in this world. Many players don't realize it but a lot of real world skills can be used here. I mentioned as I looked back at my own history of leadership training for school as well as my athletic experience. 

The blonde then prompted my attention once again by asking for my policy on orange players. I looked at her and chuckled, Well I have a rather unorthodox policy, I do not allow those that bear the clear mark of a Player Killer, however, if a player wants to join that took the redemption quest to rid themselves of that mark, then I will allow them to join. They are players that are trying to live a better life, but we will keep them under surveillance until I know they do not pose a threat. I told her. I checked my friend's list and made note of those that are currently orange.

"You don't have to tell me about it." said the blonde as she unconsciously rested her left hand on her rapier's thorny hilt. At the beginning, the skills from the real world was all that kept me alive here. Said the blonde as she smiled towards the memories of the first days, after years of training and managing to be recognised as a professional fencer... being trapped here, fencing was all she had. Well that and her father's teachings, the two core things that drive her even now through the floors and help clear them. Motivation was definitely something that this warrior spirit didn't lack. 

As for his reply to her question she smiled and said: "No need to worry, I'm not planning on going wild anytime soon. I'll do that only as last resort when people threaten my family and friends." she said, looking into the fountain... a bit hesitant to word out the next thing: "I... asked...because I have a couple of orange associates. one of them is not 'like' but has become my sister. I'll do anything to protect her. That is why I asked, if a guild or whatever would suddenly go on a orange player hunt for no reason, I would stand by her side and protect her." claimed the blonde, a bit shaky at first but getting a firm stand at the end. "That is all that's all about me, in terms of joining a guild. If you are willing to accept me with all of that, I will gladly join you."  

Ariel said that one of her sister-like friends is a current orange player and at that point I paused to think about it, Well... What I can do is give your friend the assurance that we will not target her. If she needs assistance, depending on the situation we may offer her assistance and if it is a situation I don't want to take part with, then you must not wear any guild attire and you will act on your own accord. That way the guild cannot be caught in the cross fire unless you are attacked, then we will aid. I told her with a grin on my face, hinting that her friend will have the support of the Knights. 

The blonde then said she accepted the offer and would be glad to be in the guild. I smiled and l showed rejoice that she joined. I am glad to hear it! Now the only thing I need you to do as Field Commander is to help us gain more members. I said as I held a smile on my face. I know you will excel at this task. I told her with confidence in my voice.

The blonde let out a nod as she heard his answer, that was all she needed to know. She understood the conditions and could accept them as they were cleverly made to give off a small something 'between the lines'. At his grin she returned a smile. "Couldn't ask for more." Next thing she did was to hit "Accept." to the earlier request. Now she could see the same guild logo next to her and Shark's nickname. "Now's official. From now on I'll be in your care...." she hesitated for a second, unsure of the form in which she should address him. Before when they were but mere strangers having a chat, she would've called him 'Shark' or even give him a pet name like 'Sharky' as his nickname suggested. But now she was conflicted. 

On one side she would've like to keep the familiarity between them as they discussed serious themes on a relatively casual atmosphere, which she liked. But on the other side, more than a decade of training under her father's mentorship in the arts of european fencing and japanese swordsmanship, made her instinctively call him 'Guildleader' 'Chief' 'Bossman' or a similar title, as during training sessions in real life she'd refer to her father as 'Sensei' before anything else.
After showing a complex array of expressions with her brows furrowing between the two notions, the blonde had stayed true to her straightforward self and asked him directly: "Hey, how would you like me to call you?" the question in itself seemed rather stupid and pointless, as he presented himself when they meet but after their discussion the blonde was in a real struggle to try to decide herself.

The woman seemed happy to be apart of the guild. She agreed to the terms and smiled as she hit the accept button to make it official. Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the guild. I said while I listed her name as a field commander for the guild. The blonde then looked puzzled, she asked how she should address me. As I look back to everyone who has talked to me, they all had their own way. I looked at Ariel, Well, you can address me as you please, anything as the leader position, Shark, or Sharky work just fine. What ever makes you comfortable. I'm pretty easy going with this stuff. I said as I couldn't think of an official way for people to address me.

I began to think of what we can do next but the only thing still on my mind was increasing my guild numbers. The only task I need to work on now is increasing or numbers so I need you to work on that ASAP. I said while I stood up and stretched my legs from sitting for so long.

With a smile, the girl nodded to his greeting. this scene was awfully familiar to the first time she spoke to Lessa and got recruited to the guardians. But the past should remain in its rightful place and learned from. That idea was the blonde was fond of and could agree to use past experiences to her new guild's advantage. "Understood." she simply replied to his answer regarding names and titles. She would address him as her mood dictated but would reserve the title 'Guildmaster' for when she would get to know him better, that was something that she reserved only when addressing her aspiration and first guildmaster.

"First task then, I suppose well I can't take it too lightly." she said with a mischievous smile. Of course she would give all her best in recruiting new blood. "I guess I'll have to get something planned to get the guild name out there. No offense but the new name is barely known, Take me for example... I can't say I'm a veteran player like others but I've been around here for some while and the name 'Azure Knights' eluded me until today, from you.. the guild leader. How will aspiring front liners get to know about it? I have to ask... does the brigade have any connection by any chance?" asked the blonde as she spoke her mind and expressed her true thoughts.  

The woman seemed eager to start her first task and recruit new blood to the guild. She then said that the name of the guild hasn't been heard of much throughout the players of Aincrad. She also asked me if there was any connection to the Brigade. I looked at her with a smirk on my face, Well, yeah. There is a connection to the Brigade. We joined them as a sub-guild because my numbers were so low that I could have lost the entire guild. I told her while my face turned expressionless. I thought back to my old guild name before the change, We will continue to recruit under the Azure Knights banner until we get a couple more members, that way the Brigade doesn't turn on us right away. I said to Ariel as I thought about a way to keep relations with the Brigade. 

The woman mentioned getting a better name, I would like to go back to the Knights of Christ, seeing as more people have heard of that name. I replied to Ariel while thinking of other names that could retain the same feel as the KoC.