[F1-PP] <<Feeding the enemy>> The beast of the glade (Nixon) [Submitted]

The pattering of rain echoed through the streets of beginner's town. Hydra trudged through the empty streets, muddy water splattering against his boots as he moved forward. The sound of laughter and beer bottles clinking chimed out, and a fiery light came out of the inn's square windows. "Hmm seems particularly lively there tonight". Hydra paced a few more steps *Bang*... "Ow!?", the spearman rubbed his head, it had turned dark and he had no torch, but the player could just make out that it was the notice board he had walked into. "Hehe, looks like I trailed off again". One of the flyers stuck to the notice board had come loose, and floated down to Hydra's feet, the player crouched down and picked it up, it was just about readable with the available light in the area.

I've heard eerie noises coming from the forests just outside town, players should go and look into if they are looking for a beast *cackles*

"Uh?..." He decided to continue reading,

Signed ~ An Old Woman

"...I was going to go material hunting but this sounds better". He stood up and looked in his inventory. "If it's some sort of creature, I think having a supply of food will help". Where to look, though. The spearman turned and began walking to the part of town where he could find some restaurants.

Edited by Hydra

Nixon was sitting in his shop, Hydra had came in and purchased some items. They were good items, which confused him. "Where are you going friend?" He ran up behind Hydra "Do you want some assistance? I would be more than happy to help you if you would like." he smiled at hydra and changed his equipped his gear and gave a small punch to hydra on the arm. "I need to get out of my shop for a little bit anyways."

Edited by Nixon

Hydra turned to Nixon and smiled, "Oh thanks!, wait hold on a minute". The spearman gently placed the food Nixon had passed him to one side and rummaged through his pockets... "Ah here it is. It's pretty dark out and I don't have a torch so your help would be appreciated!" he said handing the scrunched up flyer to his friend. The spearman waited a few moments, watching as Nixon read through the flyer, "You know I've heard of players who have trained dire wolves before and such so I thought bringing a bit of food might help, to train it, whatever it is?"... "Anyway truth be told im not all that bothered about having a familiar just yet, I want to draw it more than anything. I think it'd help me a lot in my Artisans shop" there was another brief pause, "still interested?".

"Of course I'll join you! As I told you before, I will not let you die. This being said, I cannot let you go solo. Even a strong player can be taken down from going solo." He smiled with a hint of sadness, Possibly from remorse of the death of Eibon. He quickly shook these thoughts from his head. "It Happened, There is nothing you can do about it. All you can do is hope that you can protect Hydra" he took a brief pause and then said "So, I guess the logical question is, what are you looking for and where can we find it?" He realized that Hydra had said something about being a Artisan "Have you taken earning a living yet? If not, i would be willing to help you with that as well"

Hydra noticed the tone in the air, a hint of sadness in Nixon's voice, he nodded at the Nixon. "I should try to cheer him up, it wasn't his fault... If I never approached Eibon then maybe things would be different..." The spearman lifts his head and smiles, "Haha yes I did actually! It took me a couple of days to gather the stuff I needed and after a failed crafting attempt I made this". Hydra rummages through his other pocket and pulls out a clay trinket in the shape of a deer. "This is the thing that gives me a little bonus to my luck, occasionally revitalises my energy supply in combat". The player scratches his head momentarily "I actually work in a shop but right now i'm trying to craft stuff and rank up so it's not the best quality" Hydra pockets the small trinket, then picks up the bag of food Nixon had just provided him, "Anyway about this flyer, honestly I don't know that much, i'm thinking this beast out in the forest maybe a wolf? a wounded boar? But I was going to head up that way, see if I could gather some materials along the way, come i'll show you where I was headed". He walks out the store and back into the streets of the town of beginnings.

"Well if you want a forest beast then we will need to run up to floor 2. be it that the landscape where we are is all grassland. Though if you want to look for a grassland creature then that would be fine with me as well." he followed Hydra, walking slightly behind him. He wasn't sure what they were going to find but he knew that whatever it was, It should be easy. Or at least that is what he hoped. After what had happened the past couple of days, he wasn't sure of anything anymore. as they passed the tavern Nixon looked at Hydra and said "Hey give me a second, i need to grab something." he quickly walked into the tavern, was in there for a few ,minuets and the returned with a glass of hard liquor. he took a sip and said "Alright, I'm ready."

"Aha, I never took you for an alcoholic!" Hydra laughed jokingly, "as long as I can get some sketching in anything is fine for me. I'll follow your advice". The player withdrew his spear and slammed the bottom of the shaft hard into the ground in excitement. Despite it being dark outside, the tip still seemed to glisten as though the light was dancing off it. The player looked at his spear properly for the first time, it was a simple design, reaching not much higher than himself. It's grip was colored a dark shade of blue although it was worn and the blade seemed a little dull on further inspection. "Surprised it's not rusted yet... I could do with something better though". He turned to Nixon who he saw as both friend and mentor. "What do you think about this spear?".

Nixon laughed about the comment of him being an alcoholic and replied "Yeah, not many people would. I wish i had never started drinking but it is too late for that now." he took another sip and examined the speak carefully "Well, my friend, It is a nice spear dont get me wrong but i think after this quest we should look into getting you a better one, maybe one with enhancements." he pauses for a second to think then says "Tell you what, I will give you my share of the col from this quest, after that you should run over to Macradon's shop and order a rare spear. The reason it should be rare is because it will give you the opportunity to have it appraised and if you are lucky you may get a unique enhancement."  He smiled at hydra realizing for the first time that Hydra was actually older then him. he laughed to himself and kept walking.

Hydra had failed to notice any age difference between the two players since meeting his friend, besides Nix was taller than him. He nodded "Good idea, but don't worry about the col. We'll split it evenly". The two walked down the streets of beginners town, "So did you decide on the floor yet. I've rarely been outside this place. Except to gather materials and such".. A cold wind flowed down the streets blowing Hydra's hair into eyes, he stumbled forward almost dropping the food.. "Phew close one". A few minutes later the pair had arrived at the gate. Ready to continue onward in floor 1, or travel up to floor 2.

"Well we could do ether, but we may as well stick to floor 1. there are plenty of monsters that may be useful here, you never know what you might find." he smiled at Hydra as they walked, he enjoyed the night breeze. it was the first thing he had enjoyed sense the incident. he took another sip of his drink as they walked. Some time passed and some small talk was made, but soon they reached the edge of the city. Nixon promptly  un-equipped his breastplate. This was to let Hydra kill things without them dying on contact with him. He felt like he was growing old, though he was only 18 he had experienced more life in the past month then most people would ever. though he wasn't sure how he felt about it. Everything felt so real but so distant at the same time. This was his home now, and he wasn't sure he wanted to leave.

Edited by Nixon

"Alright floor 1 it is then!", Hydra was feeling a lot more comfortable since he first heard the words "Link start", some time ago. His isolation had meant he had not found many friends, so he needed to push himself a little, and clearly it had paid off. As the players walked onto the grasslands of floor 1, the urban noises and commotion slowly disappeared behind them. The spearman took a deep breath, the reality aspect of SAO was incredible. He could feel the temperature of the air, and it circulating throughout his body with each breath. Life in general in this world was good and Hydra believed in some ways that it  was better than the real one in many aspects. Turning to Nixon he asks "So what familiar would you be interested in?".

Nixon laughed at the question "I don't actually plan on getting a familiar. It just doesnt seem like something I need." he shrugged as they walked and he finished his drink. when suddenly heard a roar in the distance. "Shhh" he said to Hydra as he looked toward the noise. he began to hear the sound of tiny paws. but it was more than one, it couldn't be more than four. He turned to Hydra "Get ready, bud, there are some mob's on their way. Time to show me what you got!" he smiled and pulled his shield off his back. He was going to use this battle to instruct Hydra on fighting, though he didnt know much about spear fighting but hey he would try.

Hydra 16/16 HP | 4/4 Energy | 2 DMG | +2 LD

Nixon 36/36 HP | 9/9 Energy | 3 DMG | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns(Not in use. Breastplate is not on at this time)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Wolf (Alpha) 10/10 HP | 2 MIT | 4 DMG

Wolf(1) 4/4 HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Wolf(2) 4/4 HP | 1 MIT | 3 DMG

Edited by Nixon

Hydra nodded and stood behind Nixon, spear ready and equipped. "So, this should be interesting..." He grinned, "Our first proper battle, let's make it a good one. I'm ready to take your orders". It was still a little dark, but the positioning of the wolves was obvious. Unlike in the real world, wolves here were not as majestic, frightening is the word Hydra would use to describe them. They're eyes were glowing different shades of bright red. "Okay..." The player took a few deep breaths, preparing for Nixon's orders, then nodded in approval to show he was ready.

Nixon nodded to Hydra. "Alright, Lunge for the stronger one, He will have more Mit because he has more health, so be prepared to do very little damage. Though you may still be able to drop it by a bit if you use a Sword art, Though be careful you probably only have one to use this fight" he held up his shield as one of the wolves attacked him, though it just seemed to bounce off the shield. "These are going to be a piece of cake " he said smiling

ID# 51181 Result: Mob(Alpha) 5 (fail)

ID# 51182 Result: Mob(1) 2 (Fail)

ID# 51183 Result: Mob(2) 6 (Success) [3-35=1DMG] to Nixon 

Nixon 36/36 HP | 9/9 Energy | 3 DMG | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns(Not in use. Breastplate is not on at this time)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Wolf (Alpha) 10/10 HP | 2 MIT | 4 DMG

Edited by Nixon

"Okay, will do!" Hydra stood behind Nixon, he realized the plan was actually Genius. The reach of his spear could allow him to momentarily jump out, hit a wolf and jump back into Nixon's cover before taking hits, assuming that would happen with a bit of luck on there side of course. As for sword arts, "Hmm I got a new one I could try out, but I'll only use it if I feel like im going to get a good hit in...". Hydra stood in position waiting for an opening after the wolves had failed to damage Nixon. He lifted his spear carefully, almost parallel to his body but the head pointing slightly upwards, and then struck out with his left arm.

ID# 51214 results:

Battle: 6 (Hit) [2 - 2=1DMG] to Wolf (Alpha)

Deciding he wanted to conserve his energy for his biggest Sword Art, the spearman lashed out against the larger wolf. Despite only being covered in fur the muscle did enough to stop any real damage. Hydra jumped back in Nixon's cover waiting for another opportunity to strike.

Hydra 16/16 HP | 3/4 Energy | 2 DMG | +2 LD

Nixon 35/36 HP | 9/9 Energy | 3 DMG | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns(Not in use. Breastplate is not on at this time)

Wolf (Alpha) 9/10 HP | 2 MIT | 4 DMG

Edited by Hydra

Nixon watched as Hydra attacked the alpha as instructed "Good job, mate! Now for the retaliation" The alpha wolf hit with full force directly into Nixon's shield. It bounced back and reared up for another attack. the second wolf Ran strait past the two and hit a tree dead on. Nixon gave a slight laugh "You have to hand it to Kayaba, He knew how to make the game realistic." the third wolf hit his shield with what felt like as much force as the first one, but hey, Nixon didnt care. "Alright, Hydra, Keep it up!"

ID# 51481 Result: Mob(Alpha) 10 (Natural Crit) [4+2-35=1DMG]

ID# 51482 Mob(1) 1 (Natural Fail)

ID# 51483 Mob(2) 10 (Natural Crit) [3+2-35=1DMG]

Nixon 34/36 HP | 9/9 Energy | 3 DMG | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns(Not in use. Breastplate is not on at this time)

Edited by Nixon

(OOC: I leveled up from another thread, don't know if that applies here now :D But I can continue as this level in this thread)

Hydra nodded and went in for the second strike, he had never seen a player take a hit like Nixon had, then again he didn't go out of floor 1 often but it was amazing none the less. The dire wolf had done practically nothing to him. Raising his spear above his head this time, Hydra rushed in and sent the spear crashing down hoping to make contact with the foe.

ID# 51499 results:

Battle: 3

The wolf was quicker than Hydra had anticipated. The player's spear dug into the soil. He withdrew it quickly returning back to Nixon's side.

Edited by Hydra

Nixon watched as the Alpha dodged Hydra's attack "Its alright, bud, Try again." The Alpha wolf attacked Nixon, the hit was weak. Nixon thought that even if it hadnt hit his shield, the wolf would have not done very much damage. he assumed that the dodge of the wolf lead it to have a weaker attack. He watched as the other two wolves circled them and growled with vigor. 

ID# 51505 Result: Mob(Alpha) 7 (Success) [4-35=1DMG]

ID# 51506 Mob(1) 5 (Fail)

ID# 51507 Mob(2) 4 (Fail)

Nixon 34/36 HP | 9/9 Energy | 3 DMG | 35 MIT | 14 Thrns(Not in use. Breastplate is not on at this time)

Edited by Nixon

(OOC: If I keep getting rolls this bad, don't worry about jumping in to speed up the process)

Hydra had zoned out momentarily, by the time Nixon had shielded him and told him to act again, it was already to late. The spearman dropped his weapon in a panic and began to frantically search for the weapon on the floor whilst his friend kept up the defense. By the time he had managed to pick the weapon up the wolves were well out of his reach. He shook his head "Sorry!".

ID# 51509 results:

Battle: 1

Edited by Hydra