[PP-F1] To Find a Path <<Earning a Living>>

He was more than ok. His heart didn't race from any physical effort on his part. It was more due to the fact he'd gotten very nervous and he had to work at steadying his breathing out. He stood up and raised a hand and offered her a quick smile. "I'm ok. I uh," he started to say before his voice trailed off. The hair along the back of his head was ruffled as he scratched at it. "I tend to have attacks like that from time to time when I get really anxious. Though it wasn't something I had to deal with while I've been here." The thought that he had to deal with that here of all places was a little unsettling to say the least. When she reminded him that this was the first floor he looked at her with a shocked look. "Oh.. right." He had been a bit too hasty then. "In truth I don't always like to fight, but I have grown more accustomed to each day I'm out here." He was about to look around when she asked how his progress went. "None at all. Maybe my mushroom is just in another forest," he replied unaware of the unintentional joke he'd made. His eyes settled over the area for one last look before he set off for another section of the forest.

When he didn't notice anything he sighed. "Guess it is in another forest." Kranzer walked over towards the tree he'd left the leaf on and started to head deeper into the forest. There was still quite a while before the sun set but he'd prefer if if he found this mushroom soon so they could head back well before the risk of being caught out here at night became an issue.

ID: 53955; LD: 2 [Nothing Found]

Edited by Kranzer

Samriel's head tilted, surveying Kranzer and attempting to determine how truthful he was being when he said he was 'ok'. But when he explained, she nodded in understanding. "If you need to take a breather or just head back for the day, just say the word. Whatever you want." The woman's voice was very light and casual, truly meaning what she was saying. When he seemed surprised at her statement that it was the first floor, she couldn't help but give him a lopsided grin before it became subdued into a simple smile as she considered his words. "That's...both good and bad. It's necessary." She felt awkward, not knowing how to express her thoughts verbally and not wanting to bungle it up, deciding to just keep silent.

But when Kranzer made an off comment about his mushroom being in another forest, Sam's eyes bulged, surprised at his joking reference...until she saw him completely unsmiling, which only caused her to shout out a laugh before hiding her mouth, and thus entire face, behind her shield arm as she tried to quiet her chortling. He didn't even realize-! God that was funny. Lowering her arm, the blonde tried valiantly to keep a grin off of her face as she followed after the man. "Ain't that always the case. Don't worry and don't give up. I'm sure you'll get your Princ-I mean mushroom in no time."

The concern she showed made an awkward expression flash across his face before he offered her a quick smile. "No no I'm ok. It already passed." The young man stood up and inhaled deeply as if to express his point. He continued to listen to her until he noticed a rather strange expression on her face. Kranzer could only stand there and blink while Samriel seemed to lose it and burst out laughing. She managed to conceal her face behind her shield so she'd miss the sudden flush in Kranzer's cheeks. He quickly pulled up his scarf to hide the fact that he blushed as her shield was lowered. Idly he pondered at why she laughed and it was almost sad that he didn't get the joke. When she almost said princess Kranzer turned to look at her again with his eyebrow quirked as he grew more and more curious. "I hope so," he finally said with a smile. His dark-eyed gaze left her as he started to scan their surroundings. However, try as he might he just couldn't seem to find the thing. "Nothing yet," he called back over his shoulder. Despite his lack of success Kranzer was not quite ready to call it a day just yet.

ID: 54068; LD: 5 [Nothing Found :*( ]

Edited by Kranzer

The woman's expression was somewhat skeptical at Kranzer's insistence that he was fine, but she wasn't about to press him on it and make him more uncomfortable. So shrugging, Samriel slipped her hammer back in her belt, glancing around once more before being assured that they were mob free for now. Recovering from her amusement, the blonde realized that it was rather rude of her to laugh at him, though she wasn't truly, and smiled awkwardly, smoothing the hair at the back of her head before explaining, "Sorry, it was just so funny. I made the comment about the mushroom kingdom, a reference from some old game. And then you said your mushroom was in another forest, which is a play on words from a famous quote from the old game. And...just...yeah..heh, sorry. It was hilarious at the time." It wasn't very funny at all now that she explained it, but she just wanted him to know that she hadn't been trying to make fun of him or anything like that. Tilting her head as the long haired man continued to have rather bad luck at finding this elusive mushroom, she suggested, [colo#5f3b8a]"Try seeing if any of the trees are hollow. Sometimes you can find things growing in them."[/color] Though said things weren't always mats, it was still worth a try.

"Oh," he said as she explained why she had laughed. He'd actually made a joke? It was subtle at first but soon a huge smile appeared on his face as he felt amused over the entire thing. He always had trouble when it came to that sort of thing and the fact that it had been completely unintentional made it all that much better. At her suggestion Kranzer walked over towards one of the trees and pressed against its park. When it sank in he gave the woman a curious glance before he crouched down and pulled the bark back. "Well crap," he muttered. When he was done he stood up with the mushroom in hand. After all that time he spent searching for the thing it just happened to be in the first tree he looked at. The mushroom was added to his inventory. His expression was one of relief when he turned and looked around. "Best be getting back then." During the trip back he glanced her way. "Thank you for the help. Without your quick thinking I might have been looking out there for," his voice trailed off with a shudder. He might have been stuck out there with the sun setting which was a thought that didn't appeal to him at all.

It didn't take too long to get back through the gates and after that he navigated his way to that small merchant's shop. The instant he stepped through the door the Merchant stood up. "Well that took you long enough," the Merchant said with a huff. Kranzer could only frown as he walked over towards the counter and held the mushroom out to the man. A strange scent clung to the air that nearly made his mouth water. "Oh noticed that did you," the Merchant said with a smile. The man took the mushroom and walked over towards a fireplace behind the counter that had a pot suspended over the flames. The lid was pulled back and the mushroom was thrown in. Kranzer's hand reached out and his jaw dropped. "What?" The Merchant turned around and walked back with a big grin. "Thank you lad, without that my stew would have been absolutely horrid." Kranzer didn't look amused. In fact he looked down right livid. "You made me go out in the forest to get you an ingredient to finish your stew?!" The Merchant scoffed at that idea. "If that's what you think then perhaps you aren't cut out to be a Merchant. Listen boy nothing in this world is free. You must give something in order to receive something else."

The Merchant waited to make sure Kranzer was listening. "You asked me to teach you how to be a Merchant, but that isn't free. The price," he said as he pointed back at the pot. "Was that Mushroom. It also served as a lesson. In order to appraise both weapons and armor you will require a piece of material like that." He took out a pair of gauntlets from behind the counter and set them down and handed Kranzer a different material to use. "Oh." That was all Kranzer could say. "Now touch the item with that material and examine it." Kranzer did so but the item flashed and the word "Locked" appeared over it. The Merchant sighed as he picked the gauntlets up. "Bad luck there. That happens at times, but don't fret. When at first you don't succeed try try again." With that the Merchant turned around and started to stir his stew.

Kranzer took a few steps back and looked at Samriel apologetically. "Thank you for the help. I doubt I would have finished that quest without you." He offered her an awkward smile.

ID: 54379; LD: 17 [1 Material Found]

Edited by Kranzer

Samriel smiled in relief as Kranzer got what she was explaining and seemed entertained by the idea that he had made the unintentional joke. Sinking in a hip as she waited for the man to peek into a nearby tree's trunk and smirked when she heard a murmured expletive before he pulled out his prize. "Better late than never." The blonde quipped in a good natured fashion to the man before shaking her head. "No problem. I've had some experience looking for materials out here and there's no point in keeping info to myself if it can help someone else." Their walk back to the Town of Beginnings was as quiet and peaceful as the one they took out. Once in the safety of the town's safe zone, Samriel unequipped her weapon and shield but decided to leave her armor on.

Following Kranzer into the shop, the healer watched the exchange between him and the merchant with raised eyebrows and slight smile. Some NPCs were amazingly interesting and interactive. It was hard for her to stifle her chuckles watching the two, but had to admit that the NPC had a point. She leaned casually against a wall as she observed Kranzer learn how to appraise an item, though didn't succeed on his first attempt. Smiling as Kranzer turned to her and thanked her once again, she could only tilt her head with a patronizing smile. "One thanks is enough. And sure you woulda. ...It just might have taken a lot longer." Her smile became joking at the last statement.

Kranzer offered a slight smile in response to Samriel's response. "That's quite true actually. I mean how was I supposed to know the mushroom would be inside the hollowed bark of a tree?" The young man offered a slight shrug of his shoulders. He looked back over towards the Merchant for a moment and let out a low sigh. He'd managed to set out on a path at least. He was now a merchant. When he looked over at Samriel again he had a curious look on his face. "Well if you're ever looking to have your items appraised I can definitely take care of that for you." In fact he had a lot of equipment in his inventory he could appraise and see if he could unlock any of those special properties he'd heard about. "What do you have planned next? Heading back to look after the kids here in the town?" He'd likely need to go open a shop but if she had anything else going on that he could offer his assistance with it would be the least he could do. Well that was his reasoning anyway.

Samriel clapped her hands together over her head before spreading them out to her sides with a wide grin as she said, "The more ya knoooow~" Letting out a small chuckle, she could hardly blame him for not thinking of such a thing. It was an odd thing to incorporate in a game, virtual or not. But Sword Art Online wasn't like most other games. Tilting her head thoughtfully at Kranzer's offer, she chewed on her cheek for a moment before nodding. "Y'know, I think I might take you up on that offer. Here, shoot me a message whenever you decide where to set up shop." Pulling up her menu, the blonde selected a few options before a friend request was sent to the other long haired player. Slipping her hands into her trouser pockets, Sam shook her head. "Nah, they're fine. I spent most of the day with those moscos." Glancing at her HUD, the blonde stated, "Actually I got a hot date. And by hot date I mean dinner with a friend. I like to keep up with my former guild members just to see that they're doing alright." Smiling somewhat apologetically and hopefully she asked, "Rain check?"

Kranzer blinked at the display the blonde put on by spreading her arms wide with a wide grin. The reference was clearly lost on him but he did stifle a chuckle. While he didn't have much of a sense of humor he could still be made to laugh. A sense of relief settled over him when she agreed to let him appraise some of her items. He'd at least be able to pay her back that way and it'd give him at least some business once his shop was set up. Kranzer offered her a slight nod when the notice for the friend request popped up. He accepted it and then looked back at her. "I'll hopefully have a shop up and running by the end of the day." After that he listened to her response about having already spent most of her day with the kids. The word she used to refer to them by though was lost on him as well. He wanted to ask what it meant and what language it was, but before he had much time to act on it she informed him that she had a prior engagement so she wouldn't be able to take hi up on his offer today. She did ask for him to keep the offer open for another day though. The young man smiled and said, "Of course. Just send me a message if anything comes up. I'll be sure to message you once my shop is established and I have everything sorted." Kranzer extended his hand to shake hers. "Either way have fun on your date," he said with another smile.

Edited by Kranzer

Samriel's eyebrows raised as she nodded along with his statement that he would likely have a shop up and running by the end of the day. "Impressive, you sure do work quick. Wish ya luck." Drifting towards the door, she held it open for him to exit if he wished and smiled when she saw that he accepted her friend request. She wouldn't mind getting to know the reserved man a little better. The blonde beamed as he agreed to message her when he had his shop officially established and even told her to message him if anything came up. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Leaning forward, Sam took his hand in hers and gave him a warm and firm shake before chuckling at his well wishes. Turning away, she raised her hand over her shoulder for a wave as she called, "Not a date~ Later Kranzer, take care."