[F9-PP] Bandit Camp, take two! <Bandit Camp> (Greg Baxen)

Macradon wasn't sure of what he should be doing right now. He didn't have anything to do. All the relevant quests that were available were already cleared, Macradon had nothing to do other than wait for yet another boss raid for him to advance to the next floor. He would shrug that off and await anything to do. Macradon was sitting in his shop not really doing anything today. All requests had been crafted and all of them had been picked up by their respective owners. He would sigh, rocking back and forth on his chair. As he was sitting in his chair, nothing really happened today, though he suddenly remembered something. He would quickly stand up and go to the local market place to pick up some items for tonight's dinner. He would stand up and close his shop for now and go to the market through the main plaza of the Town of Beginnings.

Greg sighed. He'd been too inactive and fallen behind on not only his levelling but just doing anything in general. That was what caused his relationship with Shizuka to collapse, he supposed. To get himself out of the habit of being lazy, he decided to look for a party to do the quest <Bandit Camp> with him. He took a look around the Town of Beginnings, taking a look through the Market. It'd been nearly three years since SAO started and Greg still hadn't reached level 20. He was getting close, but he had a little more to go. He was going to try to apply for KoB, given that it would also help with his inactivity problem but first he'd have to get back into the swing of things, he supposed. Greg took another look around. "Man, it feels so weird resuming work on trying to reach the front lines." he muttered to himself.

Macradon was wearing his casual uniform. Just his grey bodysuit, his halfplate, demi-greaves and vambraces, even though it was his casual uniform, it still screamed Knights of Blood Oath, which were the colors the armor was in. He would sigh, looking around at the market place, looking for eventual groceries he could buy for cheap, he wasn't too sure about what to eat tonight. He sighed and would walk around the different stalls at the market place, still not too sure of what to buy.

Greg was still looking around for someone to help him. Given his lack of mitigation, taking on the <Bandit Camp> quest would be suicide if he did it alone. Looking a bit more, he saw someone from the Knights of the Blood Oath. At least, that's what he thought. The outfit practically screamed KoB. They were high-levelled, right? Surely he could trust one of them to see him through such a quest alive. Greg decided to approach, and make his presence known. "Um, excuse me? You're with the Knights of the Blood Oath, aren't you? Could I get help with something?" he asked the blonde-haired player.

Macradon would look over and see a boy, asking him a couple of questions. "Why, yes, I'm of the Knights of Blood oath" he would say with a proud voice "I'm Lieutenant of the Elite Strike Team" he would say with a smile "And of course I can help you. What needs to be done?" he would ask the boy. Macradon was unsure what he needed help for, especially on this floor. Macradon would scout ahead and look at some of the stands, still nothing that really piqued his interest, so he would probably eat some leftovers.

Greg felt relieved. A high-ranking member of the KoB? This couldn't be going better (Well, that's a lie)! "I need assistance with one of the quests on this floor: <Bandit Camp>." Greg told the Lieutenant. He was eager to get this over with so he could level up faster. While he wouldn't tell the Lieutenant, he was planning to apply for the KoB, too. His last guild had fell apart before he even had a chance to do anything and his first attempt to join a guild went badly, so he decided, why not join the oldest and most reliable guild?

Macradon chuckled, "This floor? Don't you mean 9th floor?" he would ask. He wasn't sure if the boy was too excited about meeting someone like Macradon or that he just forgot, wither way Macradon would smile "Either way, sure I'll help you" he would say. He would think back to what the quest was about. He would slowly begin to remember what it was like, Macradon would remember that he did it with Jomei, that he stunned them and awaited Jomei to kill them, but Macradon was already going to destroy them with his AOE sword arts. "Do you want to kill them or should I just take care of them?" he would ask.

Greg thought for a second, and decided rather quickly. "You can just annihilate them with Sword Arts. I'd much rather not run the risk of dying. Knowing my luck, if I tried to attack, I'd probably miss too much." Greg said. He wasn't exactly confident, and given THE LAST TIME he had entered battle, he didn't want to risk it. Said last time involved him missing his mark eight times straight. Having the Lieutenant do it for him would not only make the process quicker, but safer too. He liked safe. Greg then realized he'd made a mistake on the floor number. "Err, whoops." he muttered, embarassed that he'd made that mistake.

He would smile, finally Macradon would be able to just take care of those stupid bandits alone, and in one hit. "I'll take good care of them then, you can go around and look for loot after they're dead, then" he would say with a smile. "Have you been adventuring a lot?" he would ask the boy as Macradon would begin to walk towards the warp portal so he would be able to get up to the 9th floor as soon as possible. He would begin to don the rest of his armor as he would begin to approach the portal, slowly getting more gear on.

Greg thought for a moment. "Yeah, though I recently fell into a fit of inactivity. I've been trying to shake myself outta it, though. Enough to reach Level 16, anyway." Greg said, disclosing his level to the KoB member. He also disclosed his current predicament and that he was making an effort to get out of it. It was tough, but he was going to get there . He just figured this would be the first step in his attempts to get back into the game.

Macradon chuckled, it was the same with him. Macradon had been away and inactive when he went on his solo journey for nearly a year and came back when everything had changed and so much was different from what he remembered. "I remember also going inactive once, and it was nearly a year where I journeyed by myself" he would say "But look where I am now" he would say to encourage the boy. If Macradon could, he could. Macradon would arrive at the portal "Warp, ninth floor" he said as light would engulf him and bring him to the 9th floor.

Greg follows the KoB member. "Warp, Ninth Floor!" He said, the command registering as he was teleported to floor 9. Greg thought for a moment before speaking again. "By the way, what's your name?" He asks. He was legit curious, given that all he knew was that this guy was a lieutenant of the KoB (thanks to his armor bearing the Guild's crest). Greg then introduced himself. "My name's Greg. Nice to meet you." he said, introducing himself to the KoB lieutenant.

He chuckled, it was the exact question Macradon was about to ask the boy, now known as Greg. "My name is Macradon, nice to meet you too" he would say with a friendly smile as the two had warped their way to the ninth floor "I was just about to ask you the same question" he said with a smile. As they both were on the 9th floor, Macradon would not hesitate and go for the exit, he wanted to let this boy get the fast experience and then leave, Macradon only had hours left, now that he knew what the boy was in need of help at.

Greg laughed as he said that he was about to ask Greg's name. "Heh, guess I beat you to the punch, then?" Greg said. This was going well, and he felt confident, and they hadn't even gotten to the quest yet! He was going to return to his training to become a frontline fighter, and force his way through whatever tried to stop him. That of course meaning anything he could possibly power through- things like bad luck, which seemed to be attracted to him as if he were some sort of magnet, didn't apply to his statement.

Edited by Greg Baxen

With a swift hand gesture, Macradon would order his menu out so he would be able to look at the clock, he still had a few hours before the markets would close and he could get his groceries. "We're soon there" he would say as the camp would slowly begin to show itself over the flaming scenery that was the 9th floor. A burning oasis of dark red mountain rocks on wide fields with lava flowing around like the local water. Macradon would get ready, when they would arrive at the camp, Macradon would try to attract them by shouting and then get them all at the same time.

"I think I see it, yeah." Greg responded as the camp appeared. Focusing a bit, he took a slightly closer look, and he could faintly make out shapes like those of humans. Greg figured those must be the bandits. He couldn't tell how many there were though, not at this distance. Greg prepared himself in case he needed to mop up any bandits that may survive Macradon's attacks, however unlikely that is to happen.

He would smirk when they got close enough "Look closely" he would say with a wide smile. "Hey stupid bandits! Come get me!" he would yell out with both his hands at the side of his mouth to concentrate the sound towards the camp. Quickly enough, 4 bandit appeared and formed some kind of a wall, blocking everything out that wanted to enter their camp. Macradon would begin with a slow pace, walking towards the camp, but he would pick up in speed as he unsheathed his sword, taking out the Scarecrow's Sickle, his unique two handed curved sickle sword. In a blink of an eye, Macradon would be placed in front of the bandit from where he started because of his <Charge> skill, and as he stood there in front of the bandits, his sword would begin to glow in a dim light, for then to turn into a strong piercing shine. Macradon cleaved 6 times through all of the bandits, taking down their health faster than they could even think, if they could display negative health, they would probably be around negative 90 or so. Macradon would stand up straight again after the strikes and pick up the loot from the loot window. "You can come now, try to see if you can get some of their Col from their camp" Macradon said as he turn to Greg.

ID: 50939
BD: 6, hit. Charge +1. Calamity Disaster 6x2x14=168 AOE DMG.
CD: 3, no proc.
LD: 19, bonus mat.

<<Bandit>> -98/70 HP || 20 DMG Dead

- Macradon's acquired Loot -
Col: 1400
Mat: 8

Edited by Macradon

Greg blinked and he missed it. One second they were approaching the bandit camp. "Well." Greg said. He really wasn't sure what to say there. "I guess there truly is no kill like overkill." Greg quipped. He came out and looked around, seeing if he could find some Col. He did find some. How much did he find?

ID: 50951

LD 2: 50 Col.

Greg was... honestly underwhelmed. Then again, this could just be his bad luck talking. He seemed to be having trouble with that recently, and not just in actually hitting stuff, but crafting and looting, too. It frustrated him.

It seemed like Greg wasn't as fond of the amount of loot he had found, Macradon would chuckle slightly and walk over to him. "Here, have this" he said and would open up a trade window and insert 900 Col from the mobs to give to Greg. "You deserve at least this" he would say as he awaited Greg to accept the trade offer and receive the 900 Col. Macradon already got a lot of Col, so it wasn't like he was in need of it, also, he got materials when killing the bandits, so needing Col wasn't really a thing for Macradon.

Greg smiled. "Thank you." He says, before accepting the trade. To summarize what he had obtained, he obtained 950 Col, and was also one step closer to levelling up! This went, in all honesty, better than Greg had expected it would. "It's good to see that generosity is still a virtue present in the players of SAO." Greg continued. He owed this entire quest's success to Macradon and yet here Macradon was, giving over two thirds of his Col loot to Greg.