[OP-F1] A funeral for the dead

The rain fell gently in beginners town. The silence hung in the air as Hydra watched a pyre burn in memory of those that had lost their lives. The spearman shook his head in disbelief, it had been an ordinary day like no other and in the flash of an eye two players were dead, shattered into shards, whilst he helplessly fled. "Dammit!" He clenched his fists and lowered his head concealing his tears. It's not like he knew them personally, but it had just made him realize how real this things were. "This world is not a game, I thought it was but..." The shock of what had happened had hit him hard, he'd never been above 'Floor 1' and he'd never experienced the terror he had yesterday. He turned to Nixon who stood nearby "I wonder how he is holding up, I wonder if he blames himself... it wasn't his fault... I should let him know"... The rain continued to fall. The silence seemed everlasting in those few moments...

Edited by Hydra

Nixon stood there saying nothing. He didn't know what to say. He knew that nothing he did could have changed it, but he wished he had gotten in the way. had done something, ANYTHING to have changed this. He was trying to stay strong. as a few tears fell down his face. He could not believe what had happened. Just yesterday he had met these two young men with great potential, he was forced to watch one of them die. he looked over to Hydra and said in a unsteady low voice. "I Will Not Let You Die." His eyes began letting out more tears than before and he immediately turned away. He didnt want to face this, he didnt want this to be true but he knew nothing he did could change it. He resolved to keep Hydra alive. Take him in as a student.

Ranmura sat on the grass, she remembered the incident clearly the other day and jumped at the thought of it. "Wow, only three days and I saw some BLOOD! Nya ha ha! What a day, it was so much fun!" Her shouting meant disrespect to the fallen, something she didn't really care about. "There will be no jokes for this occasion, just a laugh! Nya ha ha ha!" What would be going on in her mind? Nobody probably would know, but eventually, maybe, her secret will get out.

Phillia spotted Nixon, and unusually, he was actually sad! Nearly crying actually. She overheard a loopy white-haired girl talking about blood and death, a subject that was normally touchy with others but not her. What was happening made her feel a bit anxious, so she just had to grab Nixon's shoulders. "H-Hey... What's wrong? You're not the Nixon that I know, you were always happy and quoting Shakespeare, where's the real Nixon?" Phillia said as if she knew something happened. The atmosphere just reeked with sadness, tears were dropping and psychos were blooming. 'Oh no.' She thought. 'When was the last time I saw somebody die?'

Nixon opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He started to cry, legitimately cry. He didnt know what to do anymore. He covered his face to try not to show his tears, though it didnt last long, a couple second after he felt Phillia touch his shoulder, and he covered his face he feel to his knees dropping his shield on the ground. He felt as though he was useless. He couldn't even protect this young LVL 1 player from certain death. what good was he? He couldn't think of anything. The world was slowly growing cold and his sight was fading, when was the last time he took an actual breath? the world started to darken for him, and he had to brace himself on the grounds with his hands to keep him from falling face first onto the concrete, but his arms were feeling weak

Madara was guided by the help of TheEyeTheif into the general vicinity of Nixon, for Madara kept both of his eyes shut.  He had planned to find and ask what was up towards the group of people in the safe zone limits, but he was told to stay quiet by TheEyeTheif.   Listening closer as he stood, he could hear crying in the distance.   He did not recognize the identity of the person crying, mostly because he could not hear any better than a normal human.  Madara began walking forward towards the people as he did not know where TheEyeTheif went.  He approached who he thought was Iri upon closer hearing inspection of the crying.   Madara walked closer and found that the tavern girl was there, but he wasn't honestly sure where.  His eyes were still closed as he walked beside Nixon.  "Hey... Iri?" Madara asked questioningly.  "What is wrong?"

Kacaji had been guiding Madara around with his own right eye opened, which was the only thing that was visible on TheEyeTheif's face.  Madara seemed to notice the groups presence nearby, and Kacaji was not ready to be seen.  Before anyone could take notice to him, Kacaji vanished into the trees.  He was totally silent, standing in a tree several yards away from the group.  He noticed Madara go up to Nixon and Phillia and say "Hey... Iri?  Whats wrong?"  Kacaji was confused that Madara would know the dude.  Kacaji stayed up in the tree, listening in on the conversations that were about to happen.  

Hunie's first trip out of town, had been rather eventful. She hadn't even ventured out too far, but even testing the waters had been rather punishing. Though back then, she was determined she would do everything she can from now on, to try beat this game, today she was having second thoughts. In solidarity, she had decided to go make a presence at the funeral of the three players, as they would have been given in real life. Upon witnessing the funeral gathering depression set in her heart and she wondered if all of them, every single player, should just sit this out and wait for someone outside the game to take action and rescue them. No one had to take the risk and everyone could stay in a place where no one can hurt one another and no stupid accumulation of mobs can either. But she knew it'd be useless to try and convince those who were already way ahead in this thing. Other lives had been sacrificed, for the seeming greater good and who knew how long it would take to find the game master in real life. Maybe there was no other way except to beat this thing. 

It was very apparent that the game maker wanted them to all play the game and take it very seriously, Hunie could bet that if they all actually stayed in the town of beginnings, he'd reprogram the game to make sure this wasn't a safe zone anymore either... She shuddered and reconsidered the option of giving this game everything she had. She hadn't really missed her family for a while now, today she did. She just wished she had someone she knew to, hold, someone to tell her everything was going to be fine. They pyres meant nothing actually, the players were already pixels, lost for ever in cyber space, their bodies sitting somewhere, surrounded by loved ones... She imagined the real funeral in contrast to this one... Morbid. 

She spotted the boy who had asked her to run on that fateful day, he was standing in front of the fires, similarly pensive. In a way he had reminded her that her life mattered more than she realised. Someone had cared enough to tell her to get back to safety while she stood their frozen. She carefully made her way through the crowd to that boy, placed a hand on his shoulder and tapped it gently. "Hey... I didn't get to thank you that day... I don't know if you remember you'd ask me to flee to safety before things got worse, I was in a little bit of a trance so thank you for helping me..." she smiled weakly and looked up at him with her bright sea green eyes. The color of his hair was similar to Raun's, his eyes were not violet however, but a deep blue. Still there was enough resemblance to make her miss her brother. "I don't know if you remember, I'd introduced myself as Hunie, and you would be?

Hydra felt a light touch on his shoulder, as though a feather was resting on it, his mind was deep in thought. It took him a few moments to realize what was going on. He turned his head slowly and immediately recognized the girl from the other day, the one in the grasslands... He opened his mouth to speak, but it was not his usual tone. The spearman gave the girl a sad smile "Yes.. I do remember, im glad to see your okay and sorry about grabbing your wrist I was panicked, in a hurry" The words were deep, depressed and slow but he meant them all the same. Hydra turned his head back towards to the fire,  even the flames seemed to be dying down from the rain, "I don't understand why I am sad. Players die here everyday, it's not like I knew them, yet... I ran, I was weak". The player took in a deep breath of air "Ah sorry, my name is Hydra at least it is here..."  He noticed Nixon fall to the floor, his mind suddenly jumped awake, "Excuse me for a moment.." He bowed to Hunnie then swiftly but gently moved passed her to where Nixon had fallen...

Edited by Hydra