[OP:F3] [Complete]Forest of Wavering Mist! The Hunt for Goblins!

Opal slid her katana into the ornate sheath as she sent the scattering of the lifeless beings into the next dimension. She had found these days contemplating most recent events. The boss battle had proven more difficult with each passing floor and the more they rushed into it without a proper meeting, the more people would eventually die. Some lived with the regret of joining, others found glory in the battle upon the last strike. It was grave news to find a level one player was allowed to join, a spot that could have been used for a stronger player. It was clear the leadership in this world needed to fall to the Knights of the Blood Oath, and for that reason alone Opal trained harder than she would ever. She had promised Aincrad a world of safety, but her promises unfulfilled, when news was brought to her attention that a Front Liner from the Azure Brigade, the man known as The Dom, had slain two low level players, and in turn the Crimson Maiden wrecked him for doing so with one single shot, obliterating all that he was and what he stood for. 

Sighing heavily with a deep pain in her chest of these thoughts, the Vice Commander knew she had to keep a stoic appearance with the guild. To show weakness now would break her being and would show everyone that she was still weak. Lifting her head and brushing the platinum blonde hair from her white eyes, the woman headed into the Forest of Wavering Mist to train privately and to get some much needed materials. 

Edited by Opal

There was too much buzz about in the towns lately.  Word going out that the front liners were all insane, that there was nowhere safe from their tyrannical rule over everyone.  The people of the first floor are no longer moving from that town into the higher floors any more.  It was a good thing for some, but for others, that meant a lose of business.  Especially for the Jade Hunter, who made it his sole existence to help anyone that needed it.  Though, now with the lower levels being suspicious of the higher tiered adventurers, his business was taking a dive.  Though, that was happening regardless.  With him being in KoB, it left little time to actually go out on a hunt anymore.

"Some time in the forest will cool my head, I guess."

He would say as some goblins shattered into pieces around him.

Edited by Hirru

Xion sighed as he walked through floor three, looking for something, anything to do. Lately the tank had been rather impatient and jittery, because he knew that each day he spend on something that wasn't training, the chance to fight alongside his guild on the front lines slipped more and more from his grasp. He needed  to train, he needed to become stronger through any means. "Well...maybe someone from the guild is around..." he said before opening his menu, to find that Opal, the ever so beautiful vice commander of KOB was on that very floor, and not far away. "That settles it then, if she's here then I'll join her" he said to himself, before making his way towards the location of the woman. 

"Hey, Opal!" he shouted as she cam into view a few minutes later, speeding up to a jog (he couldn't run that fast in his armour), his armour clanking loudly as he did. "Opal, how are you?" he asked with a smile.  

Seul had been waiting exploring the Forest of Wavering Mists for quite some time now. Today's objective involved gathering supplies and with that in mind he wandered toward a nearby rock with his dagger drawn. Striking it once, a chunk fell off and revealed to be a blank crystal. One that he could put to use toward his profession. He scooped it up with ease and placed it in his inventory without a second thought before strolling off to find something else of interest in the forest.

ID# 51147 | LD: 18 (Mat Found)

Edited by Seul

<<Charging>> in like a bullet, the woman shattered the corpses with blistering accuracy and no relent. Her blade oozed with the shimmering of her sword art, the strongest one she had to quell the fierce roars of the Goblin Kings that seem to keep an eye on her. She swept her blade to the side, the humming of the sword art decaying as she sheathed her blade, a familiar voice over the slaughter of the goblins was heard as she only looked behind her shoulder to see the man running towards her, "Xion! Good to see you. Out here to do some light material hunting as well? With everything going on, I want people to know that Aincrad is still safe for low players to venture out. That is why I am out here on the lower floors, hopefully to reignite the flame of passion in people. Care to join me? These monsters are a bit tough for your level though, even with your tank build."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 156/156 
EN: 19/39
Sword Art: Amatsu no Humara || 20 EN || 120 Dmg - 19 Mit = 101 Dmg

x4 Champion Goblin King: 0/78 || Mit: 19 || Dmg 57

ID: 51148
BD: 6+3 = Hit
Loot: +4 Materials

Edited by Opal

The hunter swore he could hear voices, but he kept those thoughts away from his current events.  He needed to throw down some more of these goblins in their place, as they continued to emerge from the brush.  The mist would conceal them until they were near enough for a strike, but the hunter wasn't one to take chances.  Whenever his hearing picked up something out of the ordinary, he would initiate his AOE sword art, but won't attack until he was certain that it wasn't another person.  A low growl to his left and right would confirm that they were mobs, and the art was let loose.  Their shattered remains would become his prize as he continued through the mist covered forest.

[ID: 51149]
[BD: 10] Crit
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x10=60-10=50 dmg
[LD: 9+1] Nope..

Hirru [84 / 84 hp // 9 / 21 en] (-12 en)

Hobgoblin [0 / 42 hp] (-50 hp) [+1 Mat]
Hobgoblin [0 / 42 hp] (-50 hp) [+1 Mat]

Edited by Hirru

"It sure got loud around here." Lawfer stated to himself as he propped his head up from his laid down position. The spear man had climbed up one of the larger tree branches in the forest to catch a little nap break to recharge his energy. As he looked down, he could immediately see the vice-commander talking to Xion, the thorny tank. As he laid his head back down, he thought to himself. 'Well there goes my nap time. Should probably make myself know so they don't attack me.' Sitting up while keeping his balance, Lawfer grabbed a nearby branch for support.

"Hey Guys... Its Lawfer. Dont shoot!" He said with a smirk, as he pushed off and hung on the supporting branch with his hands. A cracking sound broke the momentary silence, as the golden haired spearman plummeted to the ground. Landing straight on his back, Lawfer laid there in shock. "Ouch.." Sitting up, the spearman braced his back as he looked over to the hunting party. "Don't mind me... Just thought i'd drop in." Smirking for a moment he winced as he stood. "Guess I need a better place to take a nap if your planning on hunting around here."

"You there Lawfer? You can joint us if you want, the vice commander doesn't bite you know" he said with a chuckle before looking at Opal, it was right that the monsters here were a little strong for someone like Xion to be taking on, from what he could tell he couldn't get past their armour and, it was most likely that they could penetrate his. 'Trust opal to go for the hardest prey' he thought , before speaking again. "Well you're one shotting these things so I shouldn't worry, and there has to be some weaker MOBs right? If not I'll just search for some materials..." 

The tank then sighed, his low level and lack of damage once again proved to be a burden, he didn't enjoy just hunting for MATs, he would have much rather gained them through hunting.

The hunter didn't seem to notice it at first, but the noise factor was getting louder around the forest area.  Either there were more mobs in the area, or a large team was disturbing the forest.  With the Forest of Wavering Mist, it would seem that it liked to get people lost with the heavy fog that would blanket the area, and the static that would cover their maps.  After getting them lost, the area would become filled with mobs as they tried to sneak attack the players.  If that was the case, then someone was probably disturbing the forest with a considerable group.

"Who's in the forest today?"

Opal had nearly decapitated the blonde with her blade from jumping from his perch, "Oh, its only Lawfer..." she said smirking, bringing her Masamune X back to its ornate sheath. She flicked the blades of hair from her eyes as she looked around, "Well, it looks like everyone had the same idea of hunting...or being lazy today..." she eyed the apprentice of Raise with an open smile. 

She nodded at Xion, "Only if I land a hit. If I don't I'm pretty much fucked in those regards. Lawfer if you are not too busy, why don't you tag up with Xion here so he can get some tanking in. It's better that I train alone since mobs will scale to my level and it might be a bit much for you guys to handle. Of course, you are welcome to follow me if you wish. But I play Finder's Keeper's rule. I find, I keep." she said laughing a bit. But she was glad to see everyone doing so well and out there with the recent events of the player killers. It was only one and she didn't have the full story, but it was good to know they had each other's backs if [censored] would hit the fan. The Vice Commander looked over her shoulder, "If you plan on following stay a decent distance back so you don't pull the aggro. Also make sure you guys are not disturbing the other players hunting in the forest, this place has tricked me more than enough times to know what dangers lurk inside. This mist can be terrifying for those who don't know their way around it." 

<<ENR: 1/3>>

The blonde spearman yawned, trying to shake the last bit of his nap out of him as he massaged his lower back from his previous fall. Thinking back to the previous times he had hunted with Opal since his return, he could only laugh. "You and your finders keepers rule..." Shaking his head, he looked over to Xion. "Did she ever mention the time we went hunting and got hungry so I caught the food... and she still didn't share the loot. It absolutely broke my heart." Looking back to Opal he winked, in truth, he really didn't care too much for loot but if he could give the lovely Opal some sass it was all worth it. Pulling back a few strand of hair from his face, he looked over to the Iron Wall Xion. "Yeah it would probably be a good thing if we teamed up Xion. If you block, I can bash. My damage now a days isn't too bad so it should be some fun." He said with a confident smirk. The spearman's mitigation was very mush lacking at this point so it would be nice if he didn't have to get beat up for once. 

Locking eyes with the Honey eyed Opal once more, the spearman smirked, "We can stick close to Opal as well. Just in case she is in need of some rescuing."

ID: 51773
LD: 13

Opal laughed while shaking her head, sweeping the locks of almost white like hair from her crystal white colored eyes. Shifting on her foot and then moving forward the woman casually looked around the misty coated forest looking for any materials to gain. The thickness of this fog was great to hiding anything in, unfortunately it also made things rather difficult to search for materials. Everything that appeared to look as if it could be a tangible source of alchemy now seemed like nothing more than background fluff for the environment. 

"If I remember correctly, Lawfer, I gave you some alchemized items to help you with your hunting. So you did get something out of the deal." she said turning her head and looking over her shoulder. Opal wasn't sure if they were going to continue to follow her or not through this Misty Forest, she wanted to go deeper to find some more materials and kill more mobs on her level, but she would also be risking the lives of her guildmates with the scaling of the enemies. She opted out to just stay silent and wait for them to make their move, if they chose to follow or go about their business. 

Edited by Opal

ID# 51774 LD:16

( +1 mat)

Beoreson had the nickname Black Ops for a reason. He was sneaking through the forest collecting a small number of mats when he heard some commotion to the his south. The warrior finished digging up onions and moved towards the commotion. The man drew his sword as he was approaching and hid in some of the taller grass. However, when he saw that that they where people he knew the man stood up and waved to the small group. If anyone had an extended kill range he was most likely in it.

Edited by Beoreson

Following through with the noises, he continued to stay far from them, as they would only bring problems.  Especially if it was the guild, as they would want to stick together.  The hunter didn't mind it, but that meant that he would have to take care of certain members, and he wasn't going to push himself to protect everyone when the mobs start a horde.  Though, with that in mind, the hunter stopped in his tracks.  If they got attacked with a large force, would they survive?  Checking his menu, he noticed that most of blips that appeared were friendly, or 'friends' that he had made.  It was most likely the guild, as most of his friends were in there, anyway.

"I'd better get this hunt over with, and head back the fifth floor."

Finding another hoard of the Goblin Kings didn't take that much time or effort. In response to sighting the hoard, she cautioned the others if they had followed and kept her hand steady in the air to draw them to a silence. With her red lips curving into a smile, the woman bore down on the hilt of her katana. Like a flash of light she buzzed around the enemy, sweeping slashes over and over again until they were decimated by her most powerful of sword arts. She collected her bounty and continued on as if nothing had happened, however, her energy pool had taken a direct hit and she needed to recuperate before moving on to the next batch. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opals HP: 156/156 
EN: 1/39
Sword Art: Amatsu no Humara || 20 EN || 120 Dmg - 19 Mit = 101 Dmg

x4 Champion Goblin King: 0/78 || Mit: 19 || Dmg 57

ID: 52203
BD: 6+3 = Hit
Loot: +4 Materials

Edited by Opal

[Going to move this thread along]

Moving through the fog and rough undergrowth that encompassed the area, the hunter kept his ears up against anything that would come out at him.   He didn't want anything to come out at him, especially any person that was not needed.  Continuing out towards the edge of the forest, it seemed that he would get there, but something had to pop up.  They always did pop up at the worst moments.  It wasn't a monster, no it was the random locations of the forest that threw people off course.  Without knowing it, the hunter was thrown to another area of the forest, much further from the edge than before.

"Great..."

Opal had shifted from her left and right, as she looked high and low for any hidden materials in the misty forest. Her eyes scanned rocks, trees, water inlets but it didn't seem like of anything of note to take with her. With the others not too far off in the distance, the woman gave a small frown as the light outside seemed to dwindle now. Eventually the sun would be eclipsed by darkness and she already knew the dangers of the forest at night. Turning on the ball of her foot, she rose a hand to those of the Blades and the Oath.

"Alright, it's getting a bit late out now. Soon we won't have much sun to help us walk and the mist will only become more dense as darkness collects. Let's pick up our things and start moving back to the safe zone. I'll buy you all a drink once we get back and we can relax for the rest of the night." She brought up her map and took a quick head count of the people nearby, she recognized the few player icons, others she did not know. 

OOC: Lets try and get this thread finished up in the next 24 hours, guys. 

(2 more posts! We can do it! :,D)

Seul had been wandering for quite some time. With the mist constantly hovering over the area he had little to no idea where he was going at this point. Literally everything looked the same and from time to time he was certain that there were voices coming from different directions. Some were familiar but his mind raced with multiple thoughts clouding his judgment. Maybe the place was haunted. A more likely story was that there were other players nearby.  Maybe they would be able to show him the way back to town. Or maybe they were lost as well. Who could say? But being lost would be a lot more fun if he was lost with someone else. Falling out of some nearby shrubs, he looked out at the figures of a large group that had gathered. He waved despite knowing they probably couldn't see it and called out to them. "Hey! Could you help me? I'm a little lost?"

Edited by Seul

ID: 53532
LD: 7

Opal had pressed her feet along the path looking left and right as she started to lead her group of Knights out of the forest. It wasn't then until a voice had called out asking for help. She stopped dead in her tracks and her eyes narrowed through the mist and fog. The mist was so thick she could barely see in front of her face, if it weren't for the map helping her guide them out of the dense forest. When she turned to the attention of the voice, the woman shook her had and smiled, "Seul, ahh! So it is you. Did you get a little lost? Well come on, the rest of us are waiting." The woman sent him a party request so he can keep tabs on the icons on his map so he could follow them easily enough. 

On her ay Opal shifted through the ground the leaves and nearby dirt to see if she could find any materials, unfortunately none could have been found. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her hands and united once more with her party and gestured for them to follow once more, nearly breaking for the exit of the forest. 

Edited by Opal