[PP-F4] Power Levelling, start! <The Essence of Steel> (Greg & Ssendom)

Greg smiled as he earned the Berserker's acknowledgement. "Glad to hear it. In all honesty there's no real right or wrong answer as to the path one should take- both in this world and the real world. It's about your ideals and how far you're willing to go for them." He says, relaxing a bit. Then Dom crushed the Snow Beast and threw him the reward. "Sweet!" Greg cheered, as he received the quest reward. Once he was stronger, he would solo this quest and get another to upgrade his <Anneal Blade> further. He would do this AFTER the grinding was done.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Dom didn't really hesitate, he needed more materials to pay of a debt he owes big on. He didn't even pay attention to what Greg was saying to him, "Keep a look out for materials, I need as many as you can happen to find." He mentioned to the boy since he had promised him the loot of materials, Dom made it customary to look for materials for a good bit of time after having dealt with a massive amount of enemy monsters. He was completely zoned in to the point that he wouldn't even recognize that Greg would even be speaking to him afterwards.

ID: 51604 LD: 7+6=13(No Material)

Edited by Ssendom

"Got it." Greg said, keeping an eye out for materials that may be in the area. He decided to search a few nearby nooks and crannies to see if he could find some loot. He was looking for mats since they're what Dom wanted, and Dom likely had a better searching skill than he did so Dom would be the better player to search for a Sub-Dungeon.

ID: 51606

LD 9: No loot...

Sadly, Greg couldn't find anything. Dom seemed to be focusing on looking for materials and wouldn't exactly hear Greg say anything so he just kept looking around. He didn't want to be left alone with his thoughts but what choice did he have? In this case he decided to think about thinks that didn't relate to his current emotional dilemma, like what resources could be found here or what the Sub-dungeon might be like, when Dom finds it.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Sifting through the snow he managed to step on a particular spot and the ground under him gave way causing him to free fall quite a decent way until he landed in snow on his feet. He looked around and it was like he was in a giant arena of sorts, he looked up the hole then shouted, "I found us a Dungeon! Come on down!" Once he shouted he noticed that a timer popped up until the Snow Arena began, "Well this is absolutely new, never heard of the Snow Arena. And it doesn't say I am against anyone in particular so it must be an NPC arena." He told himself as he awaited Greg to hop down the hole.

ID: 51729 LD: 18+6=24 (Advanced Sub-Dungeon Found)

Edited by Ssendom

Greg jumped down, following behind Ssendom. Things were going well, especially since they just found a sub-dungeon, which benefits both Dom and Greg greatly. Dom because it grants him EXP and Mats, while for Greg, it's purely the EXP that's enticing. Greg started running calculations in his head. Based on the EXP needed to level up, and that it increases every 10 levels, Greg figured that he would gain 1 level for every adventure like this, or possibly 2 levels, until he was level 40, assuming the sub-dungeon was an advanced one every time. This means that it might a while, at least a month, he'd say, but by the end of it, he'd be viable to head out to the front lines. On top of this, he would pick up an incredibly large number of SP along the way, resulting in getting lots of new skills. Yes, this was going great! Now all he needed to do was avoid kicking the bucket...

Edited by Greg Baxen

The Timer was finishing winding down, and that's when Dom realized that this was an Advanced Sub-Dungeon cause it noted that there were fifteen enemies and a single boss after those, he looked over at Greg and chuckled, "This time you can't sit back and just let me do the work. You need to take out eight of the enemies and I need to take out eight as well or I won't have enough in the tank to take out the boss in a single shot. Think you can manage that?" He laughed a little bit. He didn't expect much out of the low level, but he knew the low level could handle the easy mobs and Dom could handle the hard ones, "There are Seven Golems and eight Spirits. The spirits are easier to kill so you handle them. If you need help I'll assist you." He finished informing to the blonde boy, then pulled pulled out Despair to fight this battle.

"I'll give it a shot." Greg told the Berserker. "My strongest Art for this situation would be Sharp Nail, but that comes with the problem that I can only use it once before running low on stamina, and I don't exactly have an optimal weapon (Hence why I decided on this quest first). However, assuming they're about the strength of normal floor mobs and not the Snow Golems we faced earlier, I should be able to take 'em. In fact, depending on how strong they are I may not even NEED Sharp Nail." Greg explained. Sharp Nail was an AoE art that costed 12 stamina and Greg was level 16. It was simple math that using Sharp Nail would leave him on a mere 4 stamina, even if he only used it once.

The first four Snow Spirits started moving towards Greg. In return, his sword glowed and he charged in return, readying to use the <Vertical Square> Sword Art. Given his base damage, this should be just enough to one-shot, given it hits...!

ID: 51734

BD 7: Hit!

Greg unleashes a devastating four-slash combo in midair, which resulted in the demise first four Snow Spirits. Greg grinned. Dom wasn't kidding when he said they were easy. "I'm gonna be honest, I expected a bit more of a challenge. I'm not complaining, though." the blue-clad swordsman quipped.

Snow Spirits 1-4: DEAD (16-16=0).

Greg: 64/64 HP, 9/16 EN.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Greg seemed like he was having an easy time dealing with the Snow Spirits. While Dom was distracted, three of the four Golem's shot their fists at him. Dom noticed the fists just as they were about to hit him, he flicked Despair into the way stopping all three punches at the same time without budging a single inch. He forced their fists down and cleaved through the group just as the fourth snow golem launched it's fist at the Dom, "Keep up the good work over there. Only seven more to kill to fight the boss!" He shouted with laughter in his voice.

ID: 51743 MD: 5-2
ID: 51744 MD: 3-2
ID: 51745 MD: 4-2
ID: 51746 BD: 9 LD: 15+6=21(Bonus Mat)

Dom: 198/198
   31/43 Energy -12

Snow Golem 13-16 DEAD/89 22 MIT - (20*6=120-22=98)

Total Mats: 10130 Col | 34 Mats

Edited by Ssendom

Greg nodded before rushing the other snow spirits. He once again prepared to use <Vertical Square>. Hey, it worked once, so it should work again, right? He wasn't going to use THAT line as it would pretty much guarantee that things go wrong. 

ID: 51747

BD 4: Miss!

...And of course things go wrong anyway as Greg's attack goes wide. The four Snow Spirits shoot Icicles at Greg in an attempt to skewer him in response. He didn't even use the line "What could possibly go wrong?"!

MD 7-3 Evasion= 4: Miss!

Greg's <Coat of the Azure Wind> put in the work there, as it allowed him to avoid the assault, though it was relatively difficult.

Greg: 64/64 HP, 8/16 EN.

Edited by Greg Baxen

It seemed like an additional Golem spawned on his end with the 3 other Golems, Dom simply shrugged and took his blade and began cleaving through them. Just before he finished the last one managed to hit him but the attack was completely nullified by the healing done with the Berserker Unique Skill he possessed. With another group of Golems defeated. He looked over at Greg who seemed to be having a bit more trouble this time with the Snow Ghosts, "You really need to work on your Accuracy." He stated and chuckled.

ID: 51749 MD: 4-2
ID: 51750 MD: 8-2
ID: 51751 BD: 9 LD: 16+6=22(Bonus Mat and Col)

Dom: 198/198
   20/43 Energy -12 +1

Snow Golem 17-20 DEAD/89 22 MIT - (20*6=120-22=98)

Total Mats: 13690 Col | 42 Mats

Edited by Ssendom

In response to Dom's last comment, Greg replies. "I know. I seem to have absolutely terrible luck when it comes to hitting things so I think an accuracy build is best for me." He says, before attacking the snow ghosts again with <Vertical Square>.

ID: 51753

BD 10: Super Critical! +2 Base Damage!

Greg feels a burst of energy as he slashes the ghosts so quickly that they're unaware they've been slashed until they dissolve into little pixels just like the rest. Greg wasn't even sure how he did it. What he did know, however, was that that particular attack was a super critical. "Okay, so I remark about having terrible luck and then I score a super critical right afterwards." Greg deadpans.  "I swear, this world just wants to mess with me sometimes." Greg complains.

Greg: 64/64 HP, 1/16 EN.

Snow Ghosts 5-8: DEAD (16-24=-8)

Just when the final Ghost Fell. A Massive Snow Colossus comes out of the ground. But only half of it's Upper Torso could come up as there wasn't enough room for the entire beast to fit into the area. It's arms alone consumed most of the field of battle, Dom shrugged, "We get to fight this big ol softy?" He laughed out loud as he took out some crab legs from his inventory since the beast hadn't yet engaged them in combat, "Gotta boost up a bit." He chuckled.

After he finished the food, he engaged the enemy flying at full speed to chunk a massive amount of health off the boss. As he reached inside the Bosses zone of aggro, the battle began between the Dreadnought and the Massive Snow Being. Dom slid kicking up snow slashing his strongest sword art through the chest of the Snow Colossus. Ending the fight just as quickly as it began. He spun the blade and slid it into his Scabbard in one smooth quick motion, even though the blade was nearly as large as him.

[Tier 2 Damage Food Eaten. +6 DMG -3 EVA]

ID: 51763 BD: 10 LD: 13+6=19(Bonus Mat)

Snow Colossus DEAD/280 - ((21+6) * 12 = 324)

Total Mats: 15090 Col | 44 Mats

Edited by Ssendom

Greg whistled. "Nice one!" Greg complimented, before taking a look at his rewards. There was a fairly large amount of Col and Mats here. However, he didn't need the mats, so he sent the 6 he received from the dungeon (The only Mats he obtained here) to Dom. As for the Col he obtained...

ID: 51766.

LD 11. Total Col Received: 1500!

He got a whopping 1500 col, over half the amount he had previously. Damn! He had also grown in level, too! He was now level 17, and gained a whopping 5 SP. He knows what he's gonna use that on! Greg smiled as the quest was cleared!

QUEST COMPLETE!

Greg gains 1500 Col and 5 SP! Greg grew to level 18 (Since I grew to 17 in a different thread)! He also obtained the <Essence of Steel> item!

Ssendom gains 15090 Col, 50 mats and 4 SP! Ssendom grew to level 44!