[SP-06]<<Calming the soul>>

Atlus was wrapping up his daily grinding on floor 06, the terrain of floor 06 was calm, much too calm for a man with a fiery soul such as Atlus. Some time ago he had accepted a quest, <>, meditate in a waterfall, get a cool skill, simple. Atlus had alot of trouble finding this 'soothing' waterfall but after some searching he found it, but was then having a difficult time figuring out what to do next "Oui! Now what am I meant to do! Go take a dip in this waterfall?!" He shouted in frustration. Atlus jumped into the pool of water the waterfall created, and quickly found an island of rocks, he pulled himself up and sat legs crossed on the mini island. He looked into his reflection in the waterfall.

Atlus sat with his arms crossed, and an annoyed expression on his face. "Is this quest broke or something! Why haven't I seen anything yet!" He roared. He checked the description of the quest again, (Some say that when someone manages to focus enough a reflection of themselves appears). "Ugh how boring. Guess ill have to let this fire get a little dim." Atlus said disappointed. Atlus took a deep breath and focused on the waterfall.

After some time staring into the waterfall a figure took shape. The figure looked like Atlus, but with black hair, and muted clothes, the figure also wore a bright kitsune mask. "Now this is getting interesting." Atlus said to himself. "Remove your mask." The figure spoke. Atlus put a hand on his face "You blind or something? I don't have a mask on." Atlus said mockingly. "Not that mask..." The figure stood up and the whole area's color became muted and dark "Take off the mask that covers your soul..." The figure said, now standing in front of Atlus.

Atlus quickly rose to his feet "I told you im not wearin a mask!" He shouted, drawing his blade. "Now im guessing you want to fight or something eh? Then lets get things started!" Atlus shouted with a grin on his face. "I dont wish to fight you, I want to help you." The figure said. Atlus sheathed his blade. "You put on a facade, you pretend to be confident and energetic, but your just as scared as everyone else, maybe even more so." Atlus looked at the figure shocked.

Atlus was still staring at the figure in front of him shocked. "And what do you propose I do about it? I see no problem in playing this little character." Atlus crossed his arms "Maybe its just how I cope." Atlus said. "Perhaps you are right" The figure said. The muted Atlus slowly sunk into the ground disappearing. The world around Atlus was still in its muted color, Atlus looked around for something else to do.

Atlus found himself in a desert. "What? Did I go the wrong way!?" He shouted. Atlus quickly turned around, and found himself in a near endless desert "Gah! Whats going on! How am I even in a desert!" He shouted loudly. When he turned around he was met with a large scorpion, wearing a Kitsune mask were its face would normally be. "I am you, and your are I" The beast said. "God more cryptic nonsense" Atlus sighed.

"Hey? You gonna fight me or just spout more bullcrap?" Atlus asked. "I am not here to fight, but to teach, like your last guardian." The scorpion moved towards Atlus. "Ugh. Fighting a scorpion would have been interesting." Atlus replied disappointed. "I am your fear, I am the thing that keeps you moving, I drive you forward." The spirit said. "A true man fears nothing!" Atlus shouted pounding his chest. "This is true, you fear little as you are a fool. One thing you do fear, is failure." The scorpion spoke "I guess thats a pretty manly thing to fear, and ill just forget that fool comment." Atlus replied.

The scorpion burrowed into the sand, leaving. "Oui get back here!" Atlus tried to run after it but wasn't fast enough. Atlus continued searching this muted world, now finding himself in a mountainous region. "This dosent make any sense! How did I go from a waterfall, to a desert to a mountain!" Atlus roared in anger. He looked around and found a dark cave, Atlus waltzed into the dark cave. He saw a figure in the darkness and slowly walked over to it.

Atlus arrived behind the figure, tapping it on the shoulder. "You the next spirit or whatever?" The figure was a small girl who looked up at Atlus scared. "Lets get you out of this scary cave eh?" Atlus took the small girls hand and led her out of the cave. "Thanks mister." The girl said "No problem I couldn't let you stay in that scary cave forever." Atlus said jokingly "I represent your kindness, and your will to help people. " The girl said more calmly. "Yeah I guessed that much." Atlus looked off into the sun "Its hard for me to watch people get hurt, ya know?" Atlus asked, he looked back at where the spirit was to find her gone.

"Ugh, I cant even keep this spirits around long enough to have a conversation." Atlus sighed. He blinked and found himself in a forest. "Another scene change, ugh." Atlus wandered the dark forest, arriving at a large tree. Atlus sat down and leaned on the tree "Whens this stupid dream sequence gonna end?" Atlus said to himself quietly. He sat under the tree for awhile, closing his eyes and relaxing for a bit.

A figure was standing in front of Atlus when he opened his eyes. "Wake up idiot!" A baboon shouted. "Oui! I was trying to take a nap!" Atlus replied "Your supposed to go find me moron!" The baboon spirit replied "Well I decided to take a break!" Atlus yelled back. "Whatever, I represent your impatience, and your stupid need to get things done!" The baboon shouted.

The baboon ran off into the trees without saying anything else. "Arnt you supposed to teach me something!?" Atlus shouted, very annoyed. "Ugh, now am I moving somewhere else?" Atlus got up and walked into a random direction. Atlus soon found himself in the same place he started, he found the same small island in the pool the waterfall created, and sat down on it once more. Atlus stared into the waterfall once again.

The familiar Kitsune mask appeared in the waterfall, it slowly pushed itself out. Suddenly a large dragon wearing the Kitsune mask flew out of the waterfall, destroying everything out in its path. Atlus stood up and drew his blade "I get to fight you right!?" He shouted at the dragon. The dragon replied with a simple roar. "Perfect!" Atlus jumped into the air ready to fight the dragon.

Atlus swiped at the dragon in midair but it very easily dodged the attack. Atlus landed back on the ground and quickly spun around keeping his eyes on the dragon. The dragon charged at him, but Atlus was quick enough to dodge and let out a counter attack "Take that dragon!" Atlus shouted as he prepared his next attack. Atlus dashed upwards at the dragon his cape flying wildly, Atlus aimed a strike underneath the dragons head.

Atlus struck the dragon, making it roar in pain. Atlus flew back, and landed back on his feet. The dragon roared at Atlus "Ready for more dragon!?" Atlus shouted. The dragon charged in once more, Atlus prepped himself to dodge and counter again. Suddenly the first humanoid figure jumped from the water fall and blocked the attack. "You again?" Atlus asked. "Like I said we aren't he to fight you." The other spirits from before appeared with him. "Him on the other hand!" The baboon shouted. The five of them all got into fighting stances. "Alright then! Lets take this thing down!" Atlus shouted.

The scorpion spirit stung the dragon making it roar once again, while Atlus, and the first spirit were slicing at it. "Oui! This thing can take some damage cant it!?" Atlus shouted. "Yes its been a pain in our side for quiet awhile." The first spirit replied. "Why don't you die already!" The baboon spirit shouted as it kicked the dragon.

"We must finished this together!" The scorpion said. The baboon let out a kick sending the dragon flying towards the scorpion, who then grabbed it with its massive pincers, and threw it in the air. The young girl let out a fire ball sending the dragon even higher. "Atlus now!" The first spirit jumped into the air, and Atlus quickly followed. The pair both raised their blades into the air. "Shining!" "Crescent!" "Regalia!" The two screamed, cutting the dragon from both sides, killing it.

Atlus sheathed his blade as the spirits disappeared. The area turned pitch black, the color returned. Atlus found himself in the sitting position he started in. A gigantic centipede like demon crawled around the walls, its head came to meet Atlus' "How did you like your dream? It has told me alot about you." It asked in a sinister voice. "I suppose it was fun. But where am I now?" Atlus asked. "My lair" The demon said laughing.

"Your mind was especially easy to take, it is nearly impossible for you to remain calm." The demon spoke. The strangest thing about the beast was its human face, considering the rest of it was a terrifying centipede monster. "Im gonna take that as a compliment, so what am I supposed to do here?" Atlus asked. "Nothing im going to kill you then take your face." The centipede monster "So im supposed to kill you then?" Atlus said with a devilish smile on his face.

The demon threw its body at Atlus, who quickly drew his blade and blocked the hit. "Finally I get to fight something real!" Atlus said the devilish grin still on his face. One of the many legs attempted to jab Altus, but he managed to jump onto the top of the beast. "You arnt used to fighting are you?!" Atlus shouted. "That lack of experience is gonna get you killed!" Atlus roared. The demon drug Atlus into a larger area in its lair. "I suppose I just diddnt have enough room back there, our real fight begins right now!"