[PP-F9] Is Iron Guardian a Metal Band? <<The Iron Guardian>> (Ssendom) (Complete)

Hikoru sighed and scrolled down through his friends list on his HUD. He was needing a partner, and he needed someone strong. He had been with Ariel for almost every thread he had been doing so far, but he knew that she was busy getting ready for the wedding, and he didn't want to bother her. But getting a cook was difficult, and he wasn't sure where he could get some. He sighed, then his finger stopped on a name he hadn't seen in awhile, 'Ssendom'. He had seen this player when he did Tagas, and he knew this character was far stronger than he could imagine. He shot the player a message, and told him the meeting post, which was near where the Info Broker was to be located, and went there silently, waiting for the Berserker to either appear or not.

Edited by Hikoru

Dom had received a message from someone he was not expecting to hear from, the man named Hikoru who joined the Berserker to take on the crazed angel known as Tagas had shot him a message about doing the Quest Boss "The Iron Guardian." Having already been in his shop on the 9th floor, he found that it would be rather easy to do. And the information broker was about to arrive as per the quest details, the NPC could cause someone to go Orange if they had killed him. It was a rather strange way the quest was worked.

Since the coordinates were just outside the Player Killer's Refuge known as Phoenix Town, Dom walked out straight toward the Information Broker. Without waiting for Hikoru to show up first. He drove his blade through the Information Broker before he had a chance to do anything or even give the information for the quest, "Not harming anyone this time you cheesy bloke." He insulted the man as he exploded into data particles. He turned his head slightly to notice Hikoru had been sitting there silently and patiently, Dom let the man see his absolute savage nature.

ID: 52011 BD: 7+3=8(10) LD; 13+6=19 (Bonus Mat)

Information Broker 0/150 -228 DMG

Loot: 750 Col, 2 Mats.

Edited by Ssendom

Hikoru watched in disbelief as the man had easily killed the Info Broker, who didn't even seem to want to do any harm. he breathed in and out slowly, unable to speak for a few moments. As he stood there, he analyzed the situation. If he ran, there was a chance to hurt him and make him retaliate. But he knew he could trust this player, for the most part anyways. He breathed and came closer, by just a few steps. Did the player know something that he didn't? He wasn't sure. He coughed for a moment, then found the will to speak

"Why'd you kill him?" he asked quietly "We still have to kill the actual things if I read the Quest correctly, and he was supposed to tell me where to go!" He said, keeping his voice mellow as best he could and doing his best to control his slight anger. This player could easily kill him without batting an eye, and he needed to watch his steps carefully.

Dom lifted the Greatsword Despair and dropped it upon his shoulder, Hikoru walked up and began to question the very actions that Dom had done. To which he sighed knowing that he would need to explain this in full detail, "Look, I already completed this quest quite some time ago. I know where the Iron Guardian already is. This man would backstab us as we try to kill it because he wants the Banner of Healing. And he would go orange to do so. Luckily he's an NPC style Player that is created for the sole sake of this quest. I was just preemptively watching your back before he did anything." He explained in full detail.

After he finished explaining, Dom thought for a second and then decided to speak his mind, "So what made you want to do a quest with me again, weren't I a complete ass toward you during that. I thought you might not want anything to do with me after that. To which I somewhat apologize but simultaneously don't because it was the right decision at the time." He asked and even though there was somewhat about of insult in his words, he truly wasn't trying to be rude toward the player whom he had only done a single quest with which was the Falling of Tagas.

Hikoru listened as he knew he was correct. The Player already went on this quest, and he knew that the player wanted the Banner reward and would turn on him. He breathed and sat down, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. He was glad that the player knew what he was doing. He breathed and looked as the player, asking why he asked him on this Quest. He sighed and stood up

"Well... A lot of stuff had been keeping me busy, from trying to level up to questing to wedding preparations... I needed to get out with a stronger player and just hang out I suppose... your named popped into my head, and I know you we're kind of a jerk, but it's who you are, so I don't mind." He said with a small smile. He hoped he had explained enough of his situation. And in truth he was used to people being a dick to him, so he didn't mind it. He breathed and continued forward, coming over to the player "But my problems are not why we're here. Let's go kill these things."

Dom listened to the boy as he began to explain a little of why he was incredibly busy. Suddenly he heard a statement that took him aback for a moment, he looked at the boy intensely, "Wedding Preparations? Whom are you being married to?" He asked the boy. He didn't even care that he was insulted by being called a jerk, since ultimately he agreed with the fact that's what he would be to save a persons life. But then the boy statement that his problems were not why he was here, to which Dom put his hand up to prevent the boy the answering, "You can tell me after the Iron Guardian has been slaughtered. I agree we should just go kill things." He chuckled.

Hikoru was about to answer, but the player held up a hand and said they just needed to fight, and he could tell him afterwards. He nodded and unsheathed his Dagger. He almost had enough Skill Points to become a Rank 5, and have enough strength to be able to hold himself in a fight. He sighed and gripped it tightly, then put it back into its sheath with a small sigh escaping his lips again

"Alright, let's go. You have to lead, since yknow, I have no idea where i'm going." He said with a small laugh. He meant it in a joking way, and he hoped the player took it as such. But he knew his words seemed to be much more powerful than he thought.

Once Dom heard the Let's Go words, he started walking in the exact direction of the Iron Guardian. "Sounds like a plan Hikoru. So what are your plans with your stat investment?" He asked trying to keep the topic away from the other things that the boy would be thinking about. Dom was always curious in other players builds to get a good idea of just what kind of fighter he would be on the same side with. He knew that Hikoru was a Dagger user so the boy could never take a heads on battle unlike Dom who had a seemingly endless amount of health at his disposal.

Hikoru nodded and walked behind the player as he asked about his stat build. He breathed and looked at his stats at the moment. His highest was his Dagger, followed behind his Armor then his Seach skill. He had a few unlocked skills, but he didn't use them as much as he thought he would. He looked at the player for a moment, looking towards the direction they were walking, and nodded to himself

"Well, i'm getting my Dagger to Rank 5, which I only need about 2 more SP to make that happen, then i'm thinking about getting a mod that can only be unlocked at a Rank 5 weapon, increasing my Accuracy. But I may get my armor to rank 3, and get another mod for that before my weapon one. I'm still trying to decide... Then after that, i'm not sure..." He said with a sigh "I hadn't really thought the whole plan out yet, but it's a good build to start with I suppose."

Dom dropped his menu bringing up his stats, "I definitely understand the question of how you want to direct your stats. I need two SP to unlock the Mod for Parry called Vengeful Riposte. I have a theory that it will synergize with my Unique Skill perfectly. Giving me a large damage return, healing, and damage reduction all in the same action." He mentioned to the boy. He looked at his newly invested points, "I just recently acquired Parry, First rank of Search and Detect, and the Accuracy Mod you're talking about all in the same week or so. I still feel as though my stat point accumulation is a bit on the low side." He finished saying then put away his SP inventory. His walking went unhindered as though he never brought it up in the first place.

Hikoru nodded. Dom seemed to have a very, very good build on his shoulders, and he sighed as he was far, far behind compared to him. He breathed and continued until he caught up, and gave a smile to the other player

"That sounds really cool. I remember I used to have Shadowed Path... If you remember from the boss fight, even if I was pretty far away from you..." He said. then he held his fist up to himself "But I gave it back to Lowe.... But I made a vow, I will get it back... But i don't want something that good if it's just given... I want to earn it... So that's what I plan to do!" He said with a small triumphant smile

Dom looked at Hik and smiled, albeit was covered by the Hydra Skull's lower jaw. The only visible thing of his face was his eyes, he then chuckled, "I know the feeling. Nothing feels as worth it if it isn't fought and earned for. I damn near died to the Berserker, but I beat him in that duel fair and Square living with slivers of health needed to win the duel. It was worth it's weight in gold though." He explained to the boy, then thought back on the Boss Fight, "That boss was rough for quite some people. Two players died, even though one of them should have never been there in a million years. They decided to just throw their life away for the freaking sake of it... Pisses me off." He exclaimed in an angered tone thinking back to the boss fight itself.

Hikoru nodded and listened intently to the players story of how he got his skill. He breathed silently, then went cold as he talked about the two players had died on the boss fight. He knew one of those players, and he was a dear friend. He knew the player wasn't talking about him, but he was still sore about that moment. He had made a promise to find him, and that promise still held strong in his heart. He choked back tears for a moment, then sniffed deeply and coughed

"Yeah, your right... the girl shouldn't have joined.... But let's get off this subject, shall we?..." He asked very quietly, almost inaudible to the human ear

Dom looked at Hikoru who seemed like he was having an overly emotional moment, maybe he was close to one of the two that had been killed by the bird known as Rohk. He nodded to the boy and continued his attention toward their path, "As you wish, what would you like to talk about? Unless you wish not to talk at all." He asked following with an addendum to his question to best please the boy since he was the one asking for the assistance for this quest. He wasn't sure how the boy would react to his words, so he decided to observe his actions and words carefully out of the corner of his eyes.

Hikoru breathed in and shoved down his emotions. He needed to focus on this fight, and he couldn't stand here and do nothing. He breathed and gained composure then looked at the player, who seemed to give him some space. He was grateful, and he sighed and thought for a moment, then an idea popped into his mind

"What about... Your adventures? I'm always happy to hear about other players and their time here in Aincrad." he said with a small smile. Getting his mind off things like this and hearing of other people's grand adventures always seemed to pick him up, and it always gave him determination to continue on in his fight here in this game

Dom chuckled, "You do not want to know about my story, It's far more depressing than you probably need at this current moment." He looked forward not really wanting to share some of his burdened history upon the boy who had a lot going for him, "But if you have a question as to what you would like to know. Ask away, I'll let you know if it is something I actually wouldn't mind answering. I have been on a lot of quests, seen a lot of sub-dungeons, accumulated an insane amount of wealth." He informed the boy as he opened his menu to check their distance to the location. Then putting it away knowing how much longer they'd need to travel.

Hikoru nodded as the player seemed to shrug him off at first, and he sighed. He was hoping for some good stories, but as he was about to speak up, the player said he could ask him about other things, but one thing caught his attention. The word "sub-dungeons" was in there, and his eyes lit up slightly

"Ooh! Tell me about some of your sub-dungeon adventures!" He said with a large grin "Tell me all there is to know!" He said in almost a child-like fascination. He had always wanted to find one of these legendary dungeons, but he hasn't been lucky enough to find one, and he sighed at the thought. He wasn't the luckiest fellow at times, but other times he was immensely lucky, but he could never trust himself

Hikoru got incredibly excited over the word "Sub-Dungeon" so much so that the entirety of the mood in the air changed. Dom chuckled as he looked at Hikoru, "Why ask about sub-Dungeon adventures when we can go ahead and traverse one of those today?" He laughed as stopped walking, "And queue Iron guardian." He stated, at the end of his sentence the Iron Guardian landed on the ground with it's weapon at the ready, "This'll just be a moment."

Dom flipped his weapon around as the Iron Knights landed just beside their leader. Dom blitzed toward them before they got into a battle ready stance then cleaved through the entire group with his most powerful Sword Art AOE instantly pixelating not only the Knights, but the Iron Guardian himself. Some damage was reflected back at Dom, but the Berserker Unique Skill restored every ounce of damage the thorns reflected. Dropping his blade upon his shoulder to look at Hikoru, "Alright Quest done. Shall we continue for a chance at a Sub-Dungeon?" He asked in a cocky tone.

ID: 52690 BD: 5+3

Iron Guardian -3/225 -228

Iron Knight x2 -156/72 -228

Hikoru got incredibly excited over the word "Sub-Dungeon" so much so that the entirety of the mood in the air changed. Dom chuckled as he looked at Hikoru, "Why ask about sub-Dungeon adventures when we can go ahead and traverse one of those today?" He laughed as stopped walking, "And queue Iron guardian." He stated, at the end of his sentence the Iron Guardian landed on the ground with it's weapon at the ready, "This'll just be a moment."

Dom flipped his weapon around as the Iron Knights landed just beside their leader. Dom blitzed toward them before they got into a battle ready stance then cleaved through the entire group with his most powerful Sword Art AOE instantly pixelating not only the Knights, but the Iron Guardian himself. Some damage was reflected back at Dom, but the Berserker Unique Skill restored every ounce of damage the thorns reflected. Dropping his blade upon his shoulder to look at Hikoru, "Alright Quest done. Shall we continue for a chance at a Sub-Dungeon?" He asked in a cocky tone.

ID: 52690 BD: 5+3

Iron Guardian -3/225 -228

Iron Knight x2 -156/72 -228

Hikoru gasped as his ally had quickly and easily completed the quest. Too soon had he done it, a window popped up and said "Quest Complete!" And he recieved another Banner, a Banner of Support. He held it for a moment, and plastered a smile onto his face. He had a Quest done, and his ally said they could go look for a sub-dungeon. He gave a large smile and looked at Ssendom

"I would love to go!" He said with a smile "Let's go and get it done!" He said, holding a fist up, indicating that he was ready to go

Edited by Hikoru