[SP-F1] Woo, pet time <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Waking up, once again alone. Wandering outside, heading towards the outskirts of Town, Allania payed no heed to those around her, the wash of their voices just flowing around her. They were nothing but white noise. Just background music, music to escape the silence of being so solitary this far. Allania was a social creature, she needed to interact more, but she had just felt like she's not had the chance yet, not had the chance to actually go out and explore, it was still too risky. No mitigation in this world spelled almost certain death, especially considering her health.

Edited by Allania

As she was wandering around the city, oblivious to her surrounding, she found herself in a quiet park. Quite small, and relatively empty. Allania, taking this moment of clarity decided to go and sit down on one of the nearby park benches. "What am I going to do?" she said to herself, "I need to try and make more friends in this world, get a companion that I can always fall back on". Her mind racing about what to do Allania did not in the slightest notice the old gypsy woman sit down beside her.

Edited by Allania

The old gyspy woman turned to the lonesome girl beside her, "you know, that if you feed a monster, there is a slim chance that it will be tamed and accompany you." Getting up after saying that and then walking quickly out of the park, mingling with a nearby crowd.

Allania looked up, the worlds 'accompany you' still ringing in her ears. She could get a companion, someone who would not leave me. A consistency in this world, something she did not yet have. Standing up, Allania started to run towards the gate of the Town. Running as fast as her legs could carry her. Praying silently that whoever had said that was not lying.

Edited by Allania

Once she was finally outside the city, Allania opened her menu, going quickly to the quests section of it. Opening this section and scrolling down, searching for a quest she knew had to be there, it had to be! After a short moment of searching for it she found it "Feeding the enemy", this was the quest she was determined to do today, determined to do well, and to tame a beast, make it her own. But it could be quite risky, who knows what could happen with the creatures of this world. With that she pressed the button to accept the quest, starting on her journey to gain a familiar. Letting out a cry of joy that rolled down the hill out over the plains.

Edited by Allania

"First things first" she exclaimed, looking down at the quest description, "it seems I have to go and acquire a food item". Scratching her head, "Where would I get something like that?" she puzzled. Allania had still been living off the resources given to her at the beginning, the small supply of bread and water that every player starts with. As she had never actually needed to get more food she had no idea how to go about getting it. Wandering back into the city, she began to think of if she had ever passed a food shop. "I must have passed one at some point" she thought.

Edited by Allania

Marching down the streets of the Town of Beginning, Allania kept her eyes out and open to try and find a store. She could not seem to find one, she was walking around for the better part of an hour, just zigzagging up and down the alley ways and streets. "Where is a damn shop!!!" Allania shouted at the top of her lungs in an empty alleyway. Getting slowly more and more frustrated with herself at her inability to find a single food store. In normal rpg the streets are littered with them, why could she not find one?!

She then had an idea, Zandre, he lives in this city, he may be an NPC but he should know his way around. Cheerful that this may actually work Allania set off in the direction of Zandre's shop. Weaving through the foot traffic. Nimbly dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodging all the people passing by. "I could so dodge a wrench" she thought to herself with a small laugh at her own little reference. She was making good time now, travelling quickly towards Zandre's store.

Hurrying along the roads, she was soon at the door of Zandre's shop. Walking in, the bell ringing, Allania called out to Zandre "Hey Zandre, are you there?". Waiting patiently for a response from him. Know this time that she may have to wait, he could be working on something, just like last time she was there. After a short while Allania began to pace back and forth, mildly agitated that she's having to wait this long to get the food. Stopping to look at the wares, she could never help but marvel at the detail and intricacy of his work, regardless of the situation.

Hearing the bell and the familiar voice of Allania call out his name, he finished the set of stitches he was sewing, laying the needle down on the workbench beside the item, that was in the process of being made, with great care. Standing up he and hung his apron on the clothes hook on the wall next to him. It was nice to know that she had come to visit him, even if it was in the middle of his work. Sliding the curtain that connected the main and back room to the side, revealing to him the form of Allania, gazing at his wares with wonder. That made a wide grin appear on his face. This girl had such enthusiasm for the world, for creating and exploring, it just made him joyous. "Hey there Allania, what brings you here today?" he asked with is warm voice.

Jumping at the sound of Zandre's voice, she turned around to see him smiling. Whenever she came here she always ended up entranced by his work, giving him the opportunity to just sneak up on her. "Hey Zandre, I seem to have a slight issue," Allania said with a smile, "it seems I don't actually know where I could buy food from in this town. There must be one somewhere but I just can't find it, I've been walking around for the better part of an hour searching for a store".

Zandre let a small chuckle as he saw Allania jump slightly. It was always fun to do. After hearing her statement, he let out a little sigh, "Would you like me to guide you to the nearest store?".

Edited by Allania

As a large beaming smile spread across the girls face, he knew exactly that this was what she had wanted. He did not mind though, he liked helping her, and it was always nice when she came to visit.

Smiling wide, Allania's eye lit up "yes please!!" she said with excitement, hopping around the room for a short while. "Are you sure though? am I not disturbing your work?" Allania asked, calming down somewhat, worrying that she was bothering this kind person.

"Oh, it's no issue" Zandre responded, "I was hitting a wall when it came to making my latest item" he blatantly lied. He didn't  want the girl to lose her enthusiasm for whatever it was she needed the food for.

With that, Zandre led the girl outside, taking her to the teleporter in the centre of the Town. "Okay, Allania. Listen up. I know of a wonderful little diner, but it is up on the third floor, so what you need to do it this." He says, stepping onto the teleporting pad, then stepping back off. "But when you do it you need to say ' Teleport Delilah Village'. This will take you to a third floor settlement, but don't worry. It's a safezone there. Then just follow the signs for the Crimson diner, or just ask someone up there. It is quite a famous place, so you shouldn't have an issue finding it."

Nodding, slightly worried, Allania stepped on to the teleporter and said "Teleport Delilah Village", suddenly she was there, stood in the centre of somewhere completely unfamiliar to her.

Standing there, stunned slightly from everything new that was overloading her senses. There was just too much to look at, to travel through and discover. "But no," Allania as she shook her head clear "I first need to get myself a friend first". Thinking fondly of the familiar that she would hopefully be soon to acquire. "When I get my friend I can continue to explore, see the whole world, even if it just the two of us". 

Walking off the teleporting pad, Allania set about trying to find the diner that Zandre had mentioned. Walking down the street, Allania rally did not know where to go. She was both terrified and excited. Scared for the floor she was on, but excited as it was all new. Stopping an NPC in their tracks, Allania asked for directions of the Crimson diner.

Following the instructions of the NPC, Allania walked down the streets, weaving her way along the roads, trying to follow the NPC's directions to the diner. As Allania continued to walk around she quickly realised that she was lost. Lost on the third floor. "Well, this isn't all bad," Allania mused, "I'm still in the safezone, so I can't die here, so I'm safe to explore this place". Wiith that Allania continued to walk, shortly finding her way back to the path that she was on originally. Finding herself outside the Diner, a cylindrical bulding with a pyramidal roof. Psyching herself to go in, Allania was nervous, the players in here are going to be the real deal.

Buying the food from the Crimson Diner

My entrance

Response

Last part

Edited by Allania

Walking out the entrance to the diner, quickly moving around a corner, Allania stopped. earning against a wall to take a breather. "That was exciting" she breathed, somewhat intimidating, but the store was nice. Opening her inventory Allania looked at what she had got with a smile. She had the food now, all she had to do was find a monster to try and make her familiar. She had also bought herself something to eat, just to try and help with her luck when it finally comes to taming the creature.

Edited by Allania

Deciding that she had had enough of the newness for now, Allania decided to head back towards the town centre. After a  few wrong turns, and a couple of times having to ask NPC's for directions. Making it to the teleporter, Allania walked on and said "Teleport Town of Beginning". Appearing once again in the Town that she was now intimately familiar with, she spotted Zandre sat on a bench of to one side of the plaza. Walking in his direction, arm held high waving, Allania called out "hey Zandre".

Edited by Allania

Looking up after hearing Allania familiar voice, he saw the girl walking towards him, hand in the air waving in greeting. Raising his hand in response, Zandre stood up, walking to meet Allania. "How was your trip to the third floor?" he asked, smiling at the girl.

"It was great, it's like a whole nother world up there. But I came back quickly, I didn't want to be skipping anything, I want to go to explore the second floor fully before I go and travel the third one."  Allania noted, it was certainly going to be a while before she reaches the heights of these worlds, but that would not stop her. "Well, thank you greatly for helping me find the food, I've bought two lovely salads from the wonderful diner that you mentioned, now I need dto go and find some monster to try and tame." With that, Allania said her goodbyes, and ran off in the direction of the gates of the town.

Leaving Zandre there wondering what she meant by taming a monster.

Edited by Allania

Reaching the edge of the Town, Allania walked out the gate, moving to the side of the road as soon as she had exited the wall. Walking off the road, along the wall, Allania found a nice place to sit, one with a view that spanned the plains below her with the Sun hanging high in the sky, illuminating the world that expanded out in front of her with its brilliant light. Opening her inventory, Allania took out the Heartrock Salad. Sitting there, Allania ate the salad she had just bought, it was delicious, the first actual meal she had had since starting in this world. "Until now all I've eaten is the basic bread that I started with" she thought, "I've really been missing out if players can make things like this".

-1 Heartrock Salad

+2LD for the thread

Finishing her meal, Allania stood up, looking across the plains. She didn't want anything fancy, just a basic familiar, just something that could accompany her. Nothing more nothing less. Thinking this, Allania decided that she's go and try to tame a Boar, it was basic yes, but she didn't want to risk her life getting a familiar. Standing atop the hill, looking down at the plains Allania scanned the horizon, looking for any lone Boars out there. Spotting a few potential targets, Allania caught sight of one that seemed not to be moving, thinking to herself "well, it can't be dead, if it was then it would have exploded to pixels, so it must just be sleeping. This gives me a great chance to get close without being attacked".

Walking down the hill, Allania prepared herself in case any other mobs tried to attack her. Even though Allania was ready in case something did try and attack her, she did not draw her dagger, as that may have been considered a threat when the Boar she was going for awoke. Approaching the Boar, trying to be quiet but still not being sure how to, Allania stepped on a small twig hidden in the grass. Letting out a load snap, the Boar's ear twitched in Allania's direction. Allania froze in place, unsure what to do, what if the Boar woke up? what if it just attacked her? All these questions running through her head, Allania took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself, then continued to approach the sleeping form of the Boar.

Edited by Allania