[F1-PP] Discussing Business [Shark]

It had been a long time since Life had contacted his guild or even acknowledged he was in one since the Knights of Christ had merged with the Azure brigade. The lack of communication on the manner was what had irked him the most about it. It seemed now however that Shark wished to discuss the matter. Perhaps now he too finally saw what merging with them meant. There was no Knights of Christ. The only 'perk' it had given Life was a tag meaning he was apart of the strongest, but what was the real value of that anyway?

Life sat down on a park bench waiting for Shark, resting under the shade of a large oak tree. He wore the usual Kimono which he had now grown accustomed to. Though it didn't look like the most practical gear, and granted if it weren't a game it wouldn't be. It had become apart of him, and he'd probably feel vulnerable and exposed without it. 

It had been a while since I was last on the 1st floor. I received a message from Life saying that he will be on the 1st floor waiting for me. I made my way to the location he told me he would be at. I figured that now would be a good time to discuss what has been happening and what is going to happen to my guild. I was not happy with how things had been going but it managed to be a way that kept the guild running with it's lack of players. 

I finally arrived at the bench Life told me about on the first floor. I saw the man and made my way to sit by him. Well hello there Life. Glad to see we could meet up like this. I said as I sat down next to him and relaxed a bit. I'm truly sorry for how things turned out and I now realize I made a mistake and should have listened to you. I told Life as I bowed my head to make it sincere. I am here in front of you today and ask for your forgiveness and hope you will come back so we can improve the guild and go back to how things were before the merge. In order to do that, I need to get more players to join. I said to Life, hoping I could get his help. I would love it if you could give me a little help so we can go back to being the Knights of Christ, a guild that players will join to help other players like themselves so we can work together to beat this death game. I smiled at Life as I said that so he knew it was a true dream but not outside the realm of possibility.

Shark arrived and sat next to him, stating his proposition on the matter. Of course Life was fine with leaving and recreating the Knights of Christ. Thought it wouldn't be the same guild, but now they had a chance to be better. Maybe not in terms of strength, but in other aspects. Life smirked and tilted his head towards shark "Of course I'll help you Shark. Don't you worry about too many formalities, I was considering just leaving all together. Im glad you finally see what merging with those people meant." Life laughed lightly and rested his elbows back on the bench. 

"Hmm, though if we are to re-make the Knights of Christ we are going to need more than just you and me. So far, I believe that's all we have. Perhaps it would be wise to try and gather as many as we can, who hold similar ideals. I hope you have some people in mind" He smiled lightly and ran his fingers through his hair as the wind briskly rolled by. "Will we be 'sailing' under the same old banner or something new? Say, 'Knights Reborn'?..Hmm, no, that might be a little tacky." 

Upon introducing the proposition to Life, the man agreed to joining the revamp of the Knights of Christ. I opened my notes of those who I have so far that are willing to help with the revival of the KoC. I looked back at life, Well, so far Zero is alright with it, I just recruited Ariel to the guild and she is interested in helping, there is also some player named Brice that is interested in joining the guild but I have yet to hear back from him on when he would like to meet up and talk about his recruitment. I told Life while I searched the list of solo players. I couldn't think about who else would be a good fit I looked up from the list and back at Life once again, Aside from what I currently have, I can't think of anyone else that seems interested. Since you are willing to help out, I can name you as the 2nd field Commander so you can recruit your own squad. I said with a smile, hoping the offer would hype the man up a little bit more. 

Life started talking about the guild name. He suggested 'Knights Reborn'. I looked at him, questioning the name, Doesn't sound like something that the players would want to join. I would like to go back to the Knights of Christ. the same thing I told Ariel is that we will recruit under Azure Knights until we have enough members to break away. I just don't want the Brigade to turn on us before we have enough members to stand alone. I told Life while thinking about the next steps.

Life smirked again at the proposition of being a field commander. It reminded him of his days in the crimson inquisition where he used to lead quests for the guild as second in command. "Well I wouldn't mind that at all. But yes I think we should focus on recruiting a small force for now" Life paused for a moment before continuing letting out a small sigh "We're not exactly the strongest but that shouldn't matter for now. We'll be able to catch back up with the rest fairly quickly if we work together" Life remembered levelling very quickly when he put his mind to it, but he had slowed down considerably ever since the hydra fight. He hadn't realised that actually losing someone close to him would impact him so heavily. Along with the complications with Mari wanting him dead and all. 

Life's eyes wandered for a moment, staring off into the distant city square where people congregated. "There are a few quests that we could take on as a guild fairly easily that will grant us a good deal of exp I assume." Then at that moment he realised that he had forgotten an important aspect. He forgot to consider how Mayuri would feel about him joining the guild after she said she would prefer that it stayed just the two of them.

Life had a smirk on his face after I told him that he will be one of my Field Commanders. He agreed that we need to work on recruiting more members so that we can be compared to the stronger and more well known guilds. "Guild questing would be a good idea for everyone to level and improve their skills." I told Life while looking thru the quest page. I looked up from the page and back at life. "Tell ya what, as your first task of Field Commander, why don't you organize the first guild adventure. I would like to see what you can come up with." I said while trying to think of members that would be a good fit for the guild.

Moments later, it seemed as though Life forgot something. "Did you forget something? If its a person, see if they want to join the guild and we can help, if not then if it's anything you need help with let me know." I told him while continuing to search the list of solo players. 

Life blinked and looked back at Shark shaking his head "It's fine, I think" He would have to talk to her about it later. "But, I wouldn't mind leading the first guild adventure. It's been awhile since my last one" He wasn't sure exactly were he would go to for it, but he was eager to see what the higher floors had in store for group play. Sao was a unique game in the sense that there were limited amounts of monsters on each floor, apart from some areas which had respawning mobs for quests and such. This way, soloing became the more preferred levelling option on the lower floors, so that one person could soak all the exp in 'pocket' areas. Now that they got to higher floors however, things would get more difficult for solo players. You'd have to have soaked up every pocket of exp to reach the extremely high floors later on on your on. Guilding may be slower, but it was also a lot safer and generally friendlier, depending on the people in it. "Do you think we'll make it to the end, Shark?"

Life seemed to be pretty happy when he was given the chance to lead the first adventure for the guild. I looked at him with a smile, "It's a new beginning for the guild and I am happy that you are apart of it" I told him as I could only think about the future of the guild. The man looked at me with the eyes of those who want to adventure the higher floors as well as working hard to clear this game. He asked me if we would make it to the end. "Well, do I think we will make it, yes... Do I know for sure, not really. That depends if we can get everyone to work together instead of trying to do everything alone." I replied to Life. I looked back at the previous times where I was off on my own or heard about others on their own and how everyone was struggling, that was until guilds started becoming more common. Once players started joining guilds, we began clearing floors that much faster and more efficient. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shark commented on how we could very well make it to the end as long as we all decided to stick together and get through it together. Life dwelled on that notion for a moment and leaned back in his seat. He himself used to be alone for the longest time, just doing his own thing and getting ahead for himself instead of interacting with others. Maybe it was time for a change. Maybe it was time for life to quit being a solo player and make connections again. His only fear was that those he got close to would end up dying.. just like Rue, Alkor, and Argumail. "I think you're right Shark.. Perhaps it's time for us to start working as a community instead of groups of individuals trying to make it on their own. The only way we're going to get out of here alive is if we can beat the game, and thats going to be impossible for one person alone" Life closed his eyes and leaned forward before looking up to the sky. "I've seen a lot of good people go, not just those close to me. Though i haven't been participating on the front lines after the Hydra battle, I know how tough it's been for the others, and how many people we've lost. I don't want anymore people dying.. not without doing something about it." 

Of course those were just words, and it was going to be an uphill climb for Life considering how weak he had become compared to the others. He looked down to his hands and clenched his hand into a fist. "It's time for change"