[F1-PP] Gathering Materials (Kranzer)

Ratatosk's day wasn't going very smooth. The bulletin board was completely empty, some [Censored] took all the quests and ran off like a madman. "What an asshole, guess I'm stuck with a no-action, no-fun job for today. I really hate gathering materials." He wasn't angry, but disappointed he was. "Guess I should cool down with some apples, might as well do that." The blonde unsheathed his sword and sliced an apple perfectly in half, he later got into detail by cutting each of them into little stars. He was afraid a girl would come up and call him a softy, he didn't like that so the apples were placed on a stump. "Time to look for materials I guess, wonder who'll find these."

It had been a while since Kranzer had simply taken it easy for a day. His days had quickly become full of fighting and gathering which would have been completely unheard of when he first logged into SAO and discovered just how dangerous this place truly was. To lose where would be the final defeat a player faced in life. The price? The ultimate sacrifice that could be made. The price of failure in SAO was a player's life. Due to that he was very hesitant at first to venture outside of those walls. However, more and more he traveled out and he'd started to notice that the stuff this floor had to offer no longer posed much of a threat to him. Which was great considering he spent most of his day out in the wilds now. From dawn to dusk, but this day he'd dallied a little longer in town than normal. He was on his way towards the gate when he took notice of Ratatosk and his mauling of the apple.

Ratatosk took another apple and turned it into cute little deer shapes, he looked at Kranzer and then immediately put them down. "Hey, you there! You didn't see nothing alright!" He moved the apple over to the rear end of the stump, keeping a keen eye on Kranzer. "What you saw just now wasn't what it looked like, got it?" The blonde seemed secretive of his apple cutting techniques, he was probably shy. "By the way, what [Censored] business do you have roaming around here?" Ratatosk had one hand on his unsheathed blade, and the other was being used by him, checking his HUD.

Kranzer blinked a few times at the way the guy reacted. If he wanted to keep his ability to cut apples a secret well it wasn't Kranzer's place to say anything about it. He simply held his hands up and shrugged. "Look I don't know what you're talking about nor do I know what I didn't see." He kept his hands out and away from his waist so as to not spook him. "As for what I am doing roaming around here," Kranzer motioned around the area. "I am just passing through to head out into the field." His brow furrowed slightly as he tried to discern if this one intended to threaten by the way he held his sword or if he was just being overly cautious. "Just take it easy and be careful where you point that thing. If you react that way to the wrong person your day may take a turn for the worse. As for me I don't particularly like conflict so if you'll excuse me," Kranzer left the rest unsaid as he started to walk away but with his gaze on the swordsman in case he had to defend himself. Though if it came to a fight he'd rather just run away than stand his ground if it came down to it. Especially when it involved another player. The  thought of taking the life of another wasn't really all that appealing to the young man.

Ratatosk glared at Kranzer as he left, picking another apple from a tree and cutting it again. "Shut the [Censored] up, I don't need somebody telling me what to do." The blonde was angry now, someone tried to give him guidance and that wasn't something he exactly liked. He kept the sword out because he was cutting apples, and he continued to do so until he got tired. "[Censored]!" Apple cutting got boring, he would now look for materials to amp up his game. "Let's see, grass, grass, material? Nope."

ID#52588

Loot 4

Edited by Ratatosk

Well he was certainly feisty. With everything said and done rather than responding in kind Kranzer simply walked away. He could always find a different area to look through for some materials. Once he felt he was a safe enough distance away so as to not instigate the fiery youth Kranzer crouched down and started to sift through the tall grass. This process continued for several moments before he found what he'd been looking for. A small stone was produced from within the grassy depths and held out in the flat of his palm to be inspected. He tapped the item to bring up the interaction menu and quickly set about trying to extract something from it. A soft smile parted his lips as the small window popped up to show his success. "Well that's one down four more to go," he muttered as he started to sift through the taller grass again.

Spoiler

ID#52589; LD: 16 [1 Material Found]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk knew his searching spot was bad so he decided to move over to Kranzer's. "Sharing is caring pal, get used to it." The blonde put his hands on his hips looking around, this spot was probably better than his, at least he hoped it was. "Alright, let's see what we can get here." His hands traveled along the blades of grass sitting on the cold dirt, what would he find? "Hey, how about we divide all our materials by the end of the day so we don't want to kill each other?" As Ratatosk spoke those unpleasant words, a material showed up in his hand.

ID# 52590

Loot 15

+1 Material

Edited by Ratatosk

Just when Kranzer thought this day was going to go rather well the guy showed back up. He couldn't help but edge away due to just how abrasive the man was being. Then he went on to demand that Kranzer share his materials with him after everything he'd done? Inwardly he groaned at having to deal with this but in the end he simply shrugged. "I don't mind helping you gather some stuff but if you would, I'd appreciate if you scaled the attitude down a bit. This is a big place and the fact you even thought that killing each other is a viable option... well it's a little disturbing." As he said that he edged away a little further. "The spots yours, I will go search over there." He motioned towards a small clearing a hundred meters further in. Kranzer backed up most of the way before he turned and headed there. When he crouched down to start his search he positioned himself so that he'd see the guy should he decide to head over to this spot as well. Despite the fact that he moved to a new location his search turned out to be in vain.

ID: #52591; LD: 14; Nothing Found; Total Found: 1

Edited by Kranzer

"Hmph, fine by me." Ratatosk yawned, searching for materials was really boring. It was nothing like hunting monsters or having a friendly duel in the arena. "Damn, why do I bother looking for things like these sometimes?" A long sigh escaped his mouth, "I need the gear though, and there's no questioning that." The wind got stronger as he kept searching, maybe nature would be on his side today and toss a material at him. "Gotcha!" He was surprised a material actually flew into his hands, but he wasn't complaining.

ID# 52592

Loot 16

+1 Material

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer was slightly relieved when the other agreed to at least keep some distance. How long would it last though? Kranzer really had no way of knowing. For now all he could do was to keep searching in his area. He sifted through the knee high grass and started to gather all the little stones he could find and leave them in a small pile. This way he could simply try to extract something from each one rather than having to continue hunting after every attempt. The pile steadily grew until he became content with it. The first was picked up and held in the palm of his hand as Kranzer tested its weight. Once he'd navigated his way through the menu interface the stone shifted until it took the form of a new item. A smile slowly crept its way across his face as he added the item to his inventory. That was two down at least. Though since he'd agreed split what he found along with the other guy's haul it didn't necessarily mean he'd find the five minimum he set for himself each time.

ID: 52595; LD: 19 [1 Material Found];[Total Found: 2]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk searched around his feet for some materials, "Damnit! No luck, this [Censored] piece of [Censored] system!" His hands were empty for now, but he went back to searching again. "Damn, how long am I gonna have to search for some [Censored] like this?" Everything felt like routine to him, the blonde was angered and kicked the dirt creating a small cloud of dust. "I can't be a front liner like this, I gotta find some [Censored]!" Ratatosk looked everywhere, he kept searching until he saw a shiny rock, "No way, is that a material?" The blonde approached it and picked up the peculiar object. "[Censored] Yeah!"

ID# 52596

Loot 20

+1 Material

Total: 3

Edited by Ratatosk

Despite the distance that separated them he could hear the words the other one as he didn't seem overly concerned with keeping his voice to a level where it wouldn't draw undue attention. Sometimes being outspoken could be a good thing. Even Kranzer could admit that even if he preferred a softer approach. He sifted through the small pike as he interacted with each of the stones in turn. A few were cast aside when they proved to be little more than low quality stones that could be found anywhere on this floor. Those were tossed out to his left so he would know not to search in that area later lest he look over the same stones a second time. The one he held up for closer inspection did show promise. His dark-eyed gaze focused on it as he navigated through the interaction menu and when it turned out that his hunch was correct he smiled. "Another one down," he muttered.

ID: 52606; LD: 17 [1 Material Found; Total Found: 3]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk saw that Kranzer was having some pretty good luck over at his spot, but he decided not to go there. "Wonder how many materials I can get by the end of the day, damn, this is one hell of a ride." He was speaking sarcastically because doing this was one of the most boring things he's ever done in life. "Huh? What the hell is this?" The blonde picked up an apple and decided to slice it open. As soon as his blade came crashing down into the apple, a worm exploded from it. "Aghh! What the [Censored]!" For two seconds he lay staggering on the floor. He got back up and went back to looking for materials. It turns out the only material he could find was that worm.

ID# 52608

Loot 2

Edited by Ratatosk

After he'd sorted through the entire pile of stones Kranzer decided it was probably best to move over to another spot as he'd picked this area fairly clean. So he stood up and brushed his pants off before he turned and started to head deeper into the grasslands. Just a short distance away he saw a small copse of trees that extended out into a larger patch of woodlands. A feint howl echoed from somewhere within the depths of the woods so he felt it might be best to leave that place alone. Due to that he drew up a little short of the treeline and settled down in a patch of grass that extended up to just below his knees. The grass parted as his hands started to sift through it and it didn't take long before he pulled his hand back with a small item in his hand. "And that's four," he mused before he added it to his inventory. To make out even he'd still need to find a few more though.

ID: 52610; LD: 18 [1 Material Found; 4 Material Total]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk was angry at the sight of the worm he just found. "You disgusting piece of [Censored]! You ruined my love for apples you [Censored]! [Censored] You!" The blonde's relentless anger led to him following Kranzer and sitting down, crossing his arms. "Don't suppose you have any better luck?" The blonde was traumatized, he'd never cut an apple again, not in the fields. "That [Censored] was disgusting, now how much materials do you have?" He got up from the stump he sat on and stretched. "Time to test my luck." His fingers passed through the grass and he found something, "What's this? Nah, nothing valuable."

ID# 52612

Loot 4

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer arched an eyebrow when the testy youth approached him as he complained over his lack of luck and then demanded to know how many he'd found so far. The young man groaned inwardly and suddenly he realized that Dynaon wasn't all that bad now. With no desire to cause any incident though he saw no reason to conceal what he'd found so far. "So far I have four," he said as he started to sift through the grass some more. "How many have you found?" While he talked Kranzer kept his hands busy as he sought out more materials. It was almost like the guy brought his bad luck for him because try as he might he just wasn't able to find anything this time.

ID: 52614; LD: 7 [Nothing Found; Total Found: 4]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk stretched again, he walked around the area to see if he could find anything. "I've got three, and it also looks like the sun is starting to set too. Might want to get back to ton before it gets dark." The blonde let out a puff of air and searched again, "Nope, nope, definitely not a material, what the [Censored] is that piece of [Censored]?" He ignored that and chose a different spot while staying within vicinity of Kranzer. "Let's see here... what's this?" Ratatosk for a moment thought he found a weapon, but it was actually just a rock shaped like one. "Damn, this game is playing tricks on me." Sadly he wasn't finding any more materials.

ID# 52617

Loot 8

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer continued to be amazed at how the guy spoke. It was almost like he was a sailor back in the real world. Kranzer might have actually believed that if it wasn't for how young he actually looked. The mention of it getting close to dusk incited his dark-eyed gaze to be cast toward the sky. One look at the sun as it made the final plunge towards the was all the indication he needed to see that the teen spoke the truth. So he simply nodded and said, "Aye. Might as well start heading back that way and just search as we go." Once he was ready Kranzer started to head back for the gates that would lead them into the Town of Beginnings. However, he kept a wary gaze out not only for more materials but also for threats. While there weren't any threats he didn't see any traces of an object that'd pass as a material intended for crafting either. He let out a soft sigh as he continued to walk.

ID: 52618; LD: 3 [Nothing Found; Total Found: 4]

Edited by Kranzer

Ratatosk followed Kranzer with a bit of boredom. His eyesight was affected by the night so he couldn't see very well. "Damnit! How much [Censored] do I have to deal with before I can get a [Censored] material?" The blonde's eyeballs were aimed directly at the grass surrounding him, searching like laser beams for a material. "Hey, you mind splitting the materials in half once we reach town? Then we'll be even and not want to kill each other." Ratatosk had a feeling that he said that before, a flashback came to his mind. "Oh [Censored], that's some crazy [Censored] right there." A couple minutes of searching resulted in nothing, how wonderful.

ID# 52621

Loot 7

Edited by Ratatosk

Kranzer continued to walk and he was too busy keeping a wary gaze out for the eventual attack that would be attracted by the periodic shouting that the younger one was doing. As they walked Kranzer started to pick up his pace as the sun started to set a little faster than he first figured. The last thing he needed was to be cornered by a bunch of Mobs out here. That'd just be great and  he could just hear Dynaon's voice shouting out for those vile beasts to not dare lay a hoof, or paw, upon Kranzer. A visible shudder passed through the young man's shoulders as he continued walking at a brisk pace. Eventually though he took the risk of doing a quick check around the area in search of any more material.

Whether it was just bad luck or an inability to concentrate as the other one yelled Kranzer's search didn't turn up anything. Kranzer let out a soft dejected sigh as he was propositioned to split their findings so as to refrain from suddenly getting the desire to kill one another. If that ever happened it certainly wouldn't be over something so common as a piece of material. He cast a quick glance towards the guy and simply nodded. "I already said I didn't mind doing that. Let's pick up the pace though. I'd rather not fight wolves out here in the dark." With that being said Kranzer took off at a decent pace towards the town's gates.

ID: 52624; LD: 5 [Nothing Found; Total Found: 4]

Edited by Kranzer