[SP-F3] Time to help a Merchant Brother! <<Worn out Welcome>> (Kranzer)

Hikoru sighed and continued forward towards the woods. He had sent another player a small message, saying that he would agree to help him to a Quest. He had heard of the player. He was of lower level but he was a Merchant-in-training and he wanted to help him out. He let out a small breath of air as he felt his Familiar nuzzle his neck. He smiled and pet the ferret familiar under the chin. He was happy that he could help a fellow brother out, and he hoped he would be the best that he could be, and he hoped that he would grow to become a great merchant. He breathed and saw the smith house in which the Quest was to take place, and sighed as he waited outside of the door for the player to appear

When he first received the message Kranzer was a little confused. Someone wanted to help him train? The message itself was short and to the point and listed where he was supposed to meet. With a slight shrug Kranzer made his way towards the central plaza in the Town of Beginnings. Never in his life did he dream that his name would get around so. Dynaon perhaps. That fool liked to announce his name as if it was his battle cry. Kranzer on the other hand preferred to remain discrete. Unnoticed. With that option gone the least he could do is go and gauge what this person's interest was.

Once he was on the third floor the young man who was clad mostly in dark grey clothes save for the black leather that was sewn into his coat made his way towards the appointed meeting place. It was a cabin where a NPC lived from what he'd managed to learn. As he came into view of the cabin Kranzer looked about and called out, "Umm..hello." Meeting someone he didn't know was a huge risk but for the person to send him a message meant that he at least learned his name somehow. Perhaps one of the few friends he managed to make had told him? The long grey cloat he wore bore am emblem that was emblazoned on the shoulder of its left sleep. The profile of a majestic lion with a crown resting atop it's head. The mark of the tailor who'd made the coat for him. It was certainly a turn of fortune for the young man.

Hikoru heard a simple hello, and looked to see the player he was waiting for. With a small smile, he gave a small nod to the player and held out his hand to the player. He seemed to be of his descent it seemed. He was a dagger user, and he seemed to be donning light armor. Just as he did when he was around his level. He smiled and saw his familiar run down his arm to his hand, expecting a treat. With a small laugh, he nodded at the player

"Hi, my names Hikoru, a fellow Merchant like you. And this rascal right here." He said with another chuckle "Is Sutetchi. He seems to have already take a liking to you." He said with another laugh. He whistled and called the familiar back to his shoulder. The familiar didn't seem happy, but he did it none-the-less

The man identified himself as Hikoru as he held his hand out in greeting. Well the guy seemed friendly enough and the mention that he was a fellow merchant did ease Kranzer's concerns a bit so he reached out and gripped Hikoru's hand firmly. "I'm Kranzer," he said in response even though his name was already known. His tone held more confidence that when he first spoke. Since his eyes were focused on Hikoru's face he didn't notice the small furry familiar make IRS move. So when the ferret suddenly ran down the fellow Merchant's arm Kranzer felt like he nearly jumped out of his boots. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in mid shake he very well might have jumped. Hikoru introduced the ferret and with a whsitle the little guy ran up his arm.

Now that he'd seen the little guy his interest had apparently been ensnared and his dark-eyed gaze followed the ferret's movements as it ran up the fellow merchant's arm. "Is that a familiar," he asked with a hint of uncertainty tainting the tone of his voice. During his frequent trips to the central plaza in the Town of Beginnings Kranzer had picked up some useful bits of information. One such piece of information beig that it was possible to gain a follower by undertaking a certain quest.

Hikoru laughed as the young man seemed to freak out a bit from his familiar, and he just gave a sigh. He nodded at the young man's question with a small laugh. He had met Sutetchi right on this floor some ways away from the town, and he wished that he could have found more time that day to get to know him better, but he was too tired after tracking him for hours on end. He breathed and scratched the small ferret's chin and he laughed

"Yeah, he is. Got him awhile ago and he's probably the best ally I have." He said with a small laugh. He sighed and gave the player a nod "Alright, I called you here for a quest to get you started. Word on the street is that you just became a Merchant, correct?" He asked. He waited, then nodded "Well, you're going to need some Armor to appraise, and that is something i can get you. Follow me in." He said, then entered the NPC's shop

When Hikoru laughed Kranzer tried to figure out if he’d said something that was funny but when it was confirmed that the ferret was a familiar his gaze lowered to look on it. While Hikoru explained why he had invited Kranzer along the young man’s gaze remained focused upon the ferret. That is until Hikoru turned to head in side. “That is correct,” Kranzer said but he was a little curious how word had gotten out so quickly. The mention of quest and armor though did garner his interest so he quickly followed him into the shop. Upon arrival the young man had naturally assumed this would be the shop of another player and was genuinely surprised when he was greeted by a pair of NPCs. The shop was quaint and rather tidy all things considered. "Look dear, you have customers." Kranzer's gaze was drawn by the voice of the Blacksmith's wife, Hanna. He blinked for a moment at the blonde haired woman. From a back room a booming voice called out, "Great! Just great! Like I didn't have any better way of spending my time." The blacksmith emerged from the back room. He towered over the short woman and his dark hair was mostly concealed beneath a white bandanna intended to keep his hair in check. "What do you want," the Blacksmith demanded. Hanna placed a hand on her husband's shoulder. "Now now Griswold. Is that anyway to speak to your customers?" She turned and flashed both Hikoru and Kranzer a beaming smile.

"What my husband mean to say was, Welcome how can we help you?" Kranzer blinked at the pair for several moments and when he was finally able to say something all that came out was, "Uhhhhh." He didn't know what to say. A rather annoyed expression flashed across Griswold's face which instantly reminded Kranzer of that merchant he had to deal with in order to complete his profession quest. "Well? What's the matter boy? Out with it already, I don't have all day." Kranzer could only stare with wide eyes and his mouth slightly agape. 

Hikoru laughed as the young player didn't seem to know what to say. He waited until there was a moment of silence, then he stood forward. He breathed and stepped forward, slightly leaning on the counter and looking the man straight in the eyes, feeling no fear of the man. He gave a nod, then stood up straight

"Word is that you have a Quest to make some armor by killing a simple elf, am I correct?" He asked, and waited for the man to respond, after a moment or two, he looked back at the other player "Well this man is an upcoming merchant, and I want to find him some nice armor to start out with. Mind helping us out?" He asked with a small smile. He hoped his time being a Merchant had helped him to smooth talk his way into getting this quest easily. The wife seemed nice, and would be able to control him well, in which he was grateful. He yawned and waited for a reply from both the NPC's and the Player in which he was to help with on this Quest.

The Blacksmith grumbled at Hikoru’s question. “What if I am?” His wife nudged him and after he’d taken the time to roll his eyes he readdressed the question. “Of course I am.” The two NPCs listened as Hikoru explained that Kranzer was an up and coming merchant and getting some armor would help him with that endeavor. The Blacksmith’s gaze shifted from Hikoru and settled on Kranzer, who seemed to shrink back under that heavy gaze. “A merchant? You should have taken up a real man’s profession, but hey it’s your life.” Griswold shrugged his shoulders. Several moments passed and the Blacksmith finally said, “Well out with it. What kind of armor do you need? And don't be vague about it." Kranzer blinked a few times as he tried to figure out what this NPC's problem was. "Well I wear light armor." Griswold burst out laughing which drew a concerned look from Kranzer. "Sounds about right." Before Kranzer could question what Griswold meant the man started his explanation. "If that's the case then I need a special kind of leather. I had a shipment due to arrive yesterday but as your friend here stated there is an elf that raided my supplies and ran off with it."

Kranzer straightened out his posture. "So I need to go kill this elf to get it?" He cast a questioning gaze towards Hikoru but the boisterous voice of Griswold drew his attention away. "Well I'll be, we have a genius over here. Unless you can get it away from him any other way then yes. You'll have to kill him. That and if you kill him I won't have to deal with the hassle of him raiding my supplies." Kranzer had no idea why what this NPC's problem was but at least he'd gotten the quest. Hanna stepped forward and offered a gentle smile to both Hikoru and Kranzer. "Just travel to the Forest of Wavering Mists. That's where the Dark Elf usually ambushes our supply wagon." The small window appeared before the young man and he readily accepted the quest. He looked over towards Hikoru with a nervous expression painted on his face. "I hate to ask this but... do you know how to get to this forest?"

Hikoru laughed slightly at the perdicament before him. He loved this NPC, he seemed to have a kick to him, and he enjoyed it. He laughed and nodded at Kranzer as he asked if he knew where the Forest was, and he gave a small smile. He had been there a few times. To get his Hoya Pendant and to Grandmaster his Dagger, so he knew the place well. He gave a nod to both Kranzer and the NPC, then crossed his arms

"That leather should be easy to get. One slice from my Dagger should do the trick." He said with a small laugh. He nodded at the NPC "We'll be back. If we find anything else that the Elf stole we'll bring it back for you. Have a good afternoon." And with that, he left the Shop and started to walk towards the Forest

Hikoru showed considerable confidence in his ability to end the Dark Elf with but a single a slice of his dagger. Kranzer wasn't about to argue that fact and instead just decided to trust the man's judgement since Hikoru would know his own capabilities than anyone. When Hikoru left Kranzer cast one last look towards the Blacksmith and his wife before he hurried after him. "Thank you for the help," he said once he'd caught up with the man. "This forest... I suspect it isn't that far off then," he said more hoping it to be true than actually making a statement. There were some rather strong similarities between Kranzer and the man who was leading him along on this quest. Both he and Hikoru were merchants, even if Hikoru was likely more skilled. In fact the man was probably more skilled with his dagger too. "Hikoru right? You said you were a merchant as well? What do you think of the profession?" Kranzer's dark-eyed gaze shifted over towards the man as they walked.

Hikoru smiled as the boy caught up to him. He soon walked out of the town and sighed as he walked through the fields around him. The boy asked him about being a merchant, and he just gave a small smile. He had been a merchant for so long, that he couldn't even think of ti badly, it felt natural, almost like something he should have done all his life. He breathed and looked at the player, and gave him a small smile

"Its something that you'll grow to love, I promise you..." He said with a small laugh. He pointed ahead, and smiled slightly "It's just ahead, should be over this hill"

He'd come to love it? Did that mean he wouldn't like it at first. Kranzer was just about to ask Hikoru what he meant by that but he was distracted when the man revealed that the forest would be just beyond the next hill. Kranzer gave a slight nod as he turned to look. The hill wasn't too far off and soon the young man started to climb up over and the moment he reached its apex he saw the forest that stretched out before them. A sudden chill passed through Kranzer's body that rooted him to the spot. The trees grew close together and foliage was tightly packed into any space available. Ringing the forest like a blanket was a thin layer of mist that flowed back and forth. It almost looked like the wind didn't know which direction it wanted to blow, but by the lack of movement in the surrounding foliage he could tell that there wasn't any wind blowing through the area. "We have to go in there," he asked incredulously as he pointed towards the forest. Eventually he managed to muster his courage and he took a step down the hill. One step after another and eventually he stood on the outer treeline and for a second he could have sworn he heard a scream echoing from within that darkened forest.

With no small degree of effort Kranzer reached forward and pushed his way between two trees and stepped within the Forest of Wavering Mist. "Just got to find a Dark Elf, kill it, and leave. That should be easy enough right?" The young man turned to look at Hikoru to make sure he was able to enter the forest behind him. His voice was a little shaky as he was stepping into unknown territory. He didn't know anything about this place which immediately made him wary.

Hikoru nodded as the player seemed a little surprised, and maybe even a bit scared. He just laughed and started to move into the woods. He searched around for the Elf, and soon saw something peeking from behind the tree. He looked to see the elf's base, with a few things scattered about in boxes. He smiled and started to grab the items. when he heard something scream. He looked to see the Elf, and it didn't seem happy that he had started to steal the things he had stolen. He breathed and unsheathed his Dagger. He smiled and gave a thumbs up to the young player

"Watch this." He said with a small laugh. He waited for the elf to appear, then he did a simple slice to it's torso and it pixelated into nothing. Something dropped off him, and he looked to see a small piece of cloth, the cloth that he needed. He smiled and picked it up, handing it to the boy, then getting back to work. "Let's get all this stuff and make our way back to his shop. Don't leave anything that looks like his here."

ID: 54447 (This roll says Hikorux because I didn't realize I accidentally typed the x until 2 hours from when I posted >.<)

BD: 8+2= 10

Hikoru did a basic Hit: 12 Damage to Dark Elf

Hikoru: 104/104 25/26

Dark Elf: 0/12

Edited by Hikoru

Kranzer followed Hikoru into the forest and kept a vigilant watch out for the Dark Elf. He fully expected a large battle to unfold over this quest but before he was ready they had located the Elf’s base. When Hikoru started to pick up items Kranzer didn’t seem to know how to react. “Wait what about,” he started to say only to get cut off by the scream of an angry Dark Elf. Immediately Kranzer’s hand dropped to the hilt of his dagger but was stopped as Hikoru gave him a thumbs up. The man, with dagger in hand, told him to watch and proceeded to kill the Elf with a single slice of his blade. The young man blinked for a few moments before the cloth was thrown his way and he quickly caught it. "Y-you made that look really easy," he said nervously. Kranzer had been so overwhelmed byhis fear that he was unable to react in time and by the time he'd gotten a semblance of composure it was already over. The item was quickly added to his inventory before Kranzer followed the man's advice and quickly started to gather up the other supplies. 

• 1 month later...

Hikoru just smiled as the player seemed to be speechless for a moment. He just laughed and continued to gather items for the smith and his wife to have, because most of it looked like it belonged to them anyways. He continued to stuff them into his inventory until he had no more room, then he stood and looked around. Mostly everything had been picked up, aside from a few strands of ore and wool here and there. He sighed and came to the player and gave him a small pat on the back and smiled

"Alright, lets get this stuff to the smith and get you some armor" He said with a small smile and started to make his way towards the shop where they had come from

(OOC: I'm so sorry I forgot about this thread >.< Let's finish it up so we can get this thread done and that sweet SP!))

• 4 months later...

(THIS THREAD HAS BEEN TURNED FROM A PP THREAD TO AN SP THREAD DUE TO NO POSTING FROM KRANZER FOR 6 MONTHS)

Hikoru breathed and finished picking up the loot around the hideout and gave a small sigh, He had finished what he was doing quite easily, and it wasn't much of a challenge. Then again, he was much, much higher level than what he should have been when he took this quest. He turned to see Kranzer, the young merchant boy, but was surprised to not find him there. He raised an eyebrow and took a look around, Confused as to how the young boy could have disappeared, but he couldn't find any explanation of the sorts. He searched around the camp, but didn't find one trace of anything from the boy. He scratched his head, then just shook his head as he got down and continued to pick up the stolen goods and add them to his inventory, until he had no room for anything else. He yawned and started to make his way back into the house of the Blacksmith from where he had come from.

Hikoru made his way back to the blacksmith Griswold's house, and knocked before entering the shop. The tall and burly man gave him an eye, then continued to work from the back of the shop. Hikoru just sighed as he came over and rang the bell a few times, the Blacksmith flinching every time he rang until he dropped what he was making onto the ground and came over, slamming his hands onto the counter, red in the face and eyes

"Yes, welcome to my Blacksmith shop. Now stop ringing the bell!" He said, grabbing the bell and throwing it across the room and seeing that it had landed onto the ground, pixelating into nothing. Hikoru just looked at the main with a raised eyebrow, Opening his HUD and giving all the items that he was able to grab. The Blacksmith attitude suddenly changed, soon turning from an angry, red face to a shocked face, surprised even. He looked at the counter, which was now covered in metals and cloths that had been stolen from the blacksmith's carrier. The blacksmith acted strong, but then fell to tears. "Thank you!" He said "I has been so worried that I wouldn't be able to make the armor order i've been working on for months. You've saved my business! How can I ever thank you???" The blacksmith said. Hikoru just smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder

"I just need that armor, that's all I ask." He said with a smile. The blacksmith stood and nodded, wiping the few pixelated tears away and going through the pile to find the fabric he needed, making the armor quickly and bringing it over. Hikoru took it with a bow, and the Blacksmith bowed back, taking all the items back into his shop and immediently going to work. He smiled and sighed, making his way out the door into the outside world once more

Hikoru sighed as he recieved the SP from the Quest, but he wanted some more from it, wishing that he could get more from this quest. Sadly though, he was on floor three, and there was no way that he could find a sub-dungeon on this level on the game, which sucked. He just kicked a rock and watch it skip against the ground as he made his way back towards town where he had come from. He gave a small sigh and looked around as his familiar came out of his pocket, giving a small sigh and letting him down onto the ground, giving a small smile as the familiar ran around and explored the area's at where they were heading and where they were. He gave a small sigh and ran after him to catch up, not wanting the familiar to get lost on him and soon losing his one and only companion at this time. He gave a small chuckle as he found it lying and rolling in the grass, he came over and rubbed the small ferret's tummy, a small squeal escaping its tiny mouth an gave another laugh.

Hikoru breathed and picked up the small familiar, holding him in his arms and carrying him back to town, giving him a small scratch under the chin and sighing happily, putting the familiar onto his shoulder and heading into town, stopping into a shop and grabbing a bite to eat and a quick drink. He gave a small drink to his familiar happily and watched at the small creature drank his water quietly and quickly, its wary eyes wandering over the store to make sure it was safe. He just pet its head and chuckled

"Your fine Stitch, ain't no one gonna hurt you here..." He said with a small laugh. He gave a small sigh and finished his dinner and waited for his familiar to finish, then picked him up, leaving a few col on the table and making his way back to his shop for the night. He gave a big yawn as he soon approached Trinkets and Drink-Its, and he knew that he would probable head in for the night and sleep

Hikoru sighed and entered the shop, a small ding coming from the top bell from above the door, acknowledging that a player had entered the building, and he gave a small sigh, and he laid down straight onto the floor. His health was unaffected, as he was only jumping onto the floor, which was an immortal object in the first place, but his familiar did not know he was just tired, and jumped and ran around the room, trying to grab things to heal his owner. Hikoru just laughed and rolled onto his back, sighing and whistling, calling over the familiar, who had a health potion in its mouth. He took it and placed it beside on the floor, picking up his familiar and setting him on his chest, petting his chest to calm his little pattering heart and gave a big long sigh. He was glad that his lil' buddy was here to keep him protected as good as he could. He sighed and stood up, holding the sleeping familiar in his arms and made his way towards the back room to lay him down for the night.