[OP-F1] A new world

As Luna peered over the waters of a fountain in the town of beginnings her face fell. "What...?" she said weakly, this wasn't the face that she had given her character...no...it was her real face. "No...no...don't tell me" she said in a panicked manner, scrolling through her menu and going into character info, blankly staring at a certain field: Gender. Her eyes widened. 'So that's what the mirror did...' she thought, sitting down on a nearby bench, looking down at the floor as she did. "Even here..."she muttered to herself, before pushing a lock of blue hair away from her face. 

"It is what it is...I have to live like this until this game ends..." she muttered once more, before unsheathing the Rapier that she had, admiring the slender blade. "I guess you're my ticket to freedom buddy"

Parched of thirst Hydra lifted his cupped hands and sipped at the cool water he had collected from the fountain "Aaaaah." The water tasted as good as it looked shimmering beautifully. The spearman came to this spot often, it was a haven from a hard day's work at the Artisan's shop and a good place relax. "Alright I should get back to work" he mumbled joyfully cooling of his face with a few splashes. As the spearman collected his belongings his familiar Twilight shuffled in his pocket and poked both it's heads out. "What now?..." His dragon only ever came out when it was after something, and this was no different. The familiar lifted off, hovering about as usual, the Brunette had no choice but to follow it. As Hydra tailed Twilight with a dull look on his face it eventually came to a stop on the other side of the fountain where a blue haired player was stationed. The young man paused and looked at his familiar who was now hovering directly above her head, "Could you be any less inconspicous?" he cursed sarcastically to himself before approaching the player. "Hi... sorry about Twilight she tends to fly off a lot". Twilight hovered back down and coiled up on his head, the Spearman noticed the girl was of a lower level and studying her weapon intently "Do you need help with anything?" He said with a friendly smile.

Luna's attention was taken away from her rapier as she heard the flapping of tiny wings above her head, looking up to find a small dragon hovering above her head. She smiled, the animal was rather cute. But suddenly the dragon flew away, her eyes tracked it to find that it belonged to another player, a boy with dark brown hair. "Hi... sorry about Twilight she tends to fly off a lot" the player said to her. "Don't worry...she's cute..." Luna mumbled, slightly embarrassed but why she could not tell. 

"Do you need help with anything?"  He asked, obviously concerned, or maybe simply being polite, she didn't know. "I...uhhh...ummm..." Luna stammered as she looked at him, hoping that he didn't end up scrutinising her face too much. 

The girl seemed a little taken aback by Hydra's sudden apperance but she called his familiar cute which was unusal, most other players shied away. The spearman's insight told him she could be trusted although the blue haired girl seemed a little indecisive when he asked if she wanted help, he hadn't been much different when he begun. "Hmmm." Hydra pondered what to do, he wasn't really a people person but he liked to help others if they needed it. "Ah maybe that will make her feel at ease." The brunette rummaged through his pockets and took out a small clay figure and lightly tossed it to the girl, "You said Twilight was cute, so please accept this. I have plenty so you can keep it." The trinket he tossed was a figure of a small clay dragon, painted silver.

Allania walked out of a nearby shop. She had not bought a thing, and had just spent the time windowshopping. Spotting Hydra from across the plaza, he seemed to be on the other side of the fountain, talking to a play with blue hair. Walking towards Hydra "Ho there Hydra, how have you been fairing?". Arriving at Hydra's side, Allania managed to get a closer look at the player beside him. They seemed to have a rather girlish face, but something seemed slightly odd, like they were worried about something. Dismissing it for now, Allania shook her head, dismissing any notions for the time being. "Hey there" she said to the new person, a warm smile covering her face, "and who might you be?"

Edited by Allania

Luna was only able to barely catch the little clay figure, cradling it in her hands once she had a firm grip on it. It was a small model of a dragon, which was covered in a silver paint. "You said Twilight was cute, so please accept this. I have plenty so you can keep it." Luna then looked up at the player. "Th-thanks...it's beautiful..." she said, managing a small smile before she heard the voice of another player, a girl this time. 

"Ho there Hydra, how have you been fairing?" The player said. 'So his name is Hydra...' Luna thought, before realising that the girl had approached her. Luna panicked, looking down slightly as the girl approached. "Hey there" she said, followed by "and who might you be?" 

"L-Luna..." the bluenette (?) answered hesitantly 

Ratatosk took a few steps toward the group, he saw Luna, Allania, and Hydra. He knew two of the three, but he didn't know Luna. Her eyes made her seem a bit masculine, but besides that she was clearly a girl. "Wait... Girl?" The blonde's irrational fear of girls resurfaced into his mind, "Oh [censored]! Girls, aghhhh!" He started running away from them, scared beyond relief. "This is worse than that boogeyman story my best friend told me!" All of a sudden he tripped and fell, looking behind him. "Oh god... Death, I see the light..."

"Oh... Luna... Like the moon?" Hydra stroked his chin and looked off into the sky as he pondered about the origins of her name. Zoning out momentarily he eventually came too "Oh hey Allania." The spearman rose his hand and waved, "Have you recovered after that quest from the other day? Sorry about pushing you over again." In the background Hydra noticed a customer to his store flaling about in the background "...?..." both players seemed to react a little strangely when they saw the bluenette and the spearman was unsure why. He could dive into someones personality easily, but a persons apperance he was often oblivious too. He shrugged to himself and sat down on the fountains ledge, then letting out a yawn he turned to the others still smiling with a friendly expression on his face.

"That's a pretty name" she said with a smile. Once Hydra spoke, she turned back to the player in front of her, "As you may have guessed, my name is Allania, and I've known this daydreamer since I started in this world. He's a good person, you can trust him". Turning back to Hydra, and rotating one of her shoulders, "I'd say I've just about to recover, but maybe we shouldn't scare the new comer with you tales of heroism" she said, making quotation marks in the air as she said the last part. 'Tales of heroism' indeed, throwing your companion in the way to help kill the enemy, it did not quite portray the welcoming demeanor that this player probably needed. 

Looking over at the player who had ran, Allania let out a sigh. That one always seemed to be running away. With not an idea as to why.

After the two talked some more Luna learned that the blonde girl was named Allania, and that the two of them had met before, Allanie stated that Hydra could be trusted, and that was evident from his happy demeanour. "Nice...to meet you guys..." Luna said nervously, slowly lifting her head to look at them again, no longer afraid of showing her face to the two, they seemed kind enough. "I'm not scare-" Luna said before yelping in show as she heard Ratatosk running away from the group, tripping over as he did. 

Upon seeing this Luna hid her face once more, not from Allania and Hydra but from Ratatosk, looking at the former two while making sure that she wasn't facing Ratatosk in any way. "Ok...maybe a little scared..."

A low yawn formed in the pit of his stomach before it finally worked its way up and out of his throat. While he walked Kranzer had held his arms out as he tried to stretch the muscles in his back. While it was likely pointless to try and stretch his muscles in this world of all places it was actually somewhat pleasing just to go through the motions of normal living. The last bit of sleep was wiped clean from his eyes along the sleeve of his coat. When he leaned back on that bench he promised himself he wasn't going to fall asleep. Yet he had. The sound of voices shook him from his slumber. He was actually about to sneak away before anyone took notice but the sudden sight of Ratatosk running the other way drew his interest. "What... was that all about?" His dark-eyed gaze shifted over towards the group of three who stood nearby. Two of them he didn't recognize. The guy was almost his height with brown hair. There was a girl there with blue hair he'd never seen before either. The other though was a short blonde and as Kranzer drew closer he was surprised that he actually knew her. "Hey," he said as he waved to all three of them. "What's up with him," he asked with a nod towards the direction Ratatosk ran off in and focused his gaze on Allania.

"Haha" Hydra laughed heartily as the bluenette reacted to Ratatosk, "It's good to be scared sometimes. Without fear how can we become stronger?" The spearman was about to go off into one of his daydreams pondering the philosophy behind what he just said, when the triad was approached by another player. It was a male, with longer hair and a determined looking face in comparison to the brunette's lazy, relaxed look. The man was focused on Allania so Hydra just threw him a shrug, before letting out another yawn. He turnedback to the bluenette and offered her his hand "Would you like to go fight some boars? Or material hunting if that would make you feel safer, we can stay in the confines of the town and im sure Allania will tag along." Hydra waited for a response but quickly remembered his manners, turning to the other brown haied player, he greeted him "Of course you would be welcome as well. Unless your a Pker which I can see you are clearly not." Hydra gave an innocent light-hearted smile to the group.

Seeing Kranzer walk over towards her, Allania waved him over. It was nice to see him here. Responding to his question with "I don't actually know what is the matter with him, he seems to have a habit of running away from people, falling out of trees and tripping over. I've encountered it a few times now but have yet to actually meet him". The boy was an amusing one, never quite staying to introduce himself, though one common factor seemed to be that it was in response to girls. Maybe he just doesn't like them?, she thought. It was a simple explanation but did not really warrant the behaviour displayed. I guess it will remain a mystery to me unless I meet him. Hearing Hydra's proposal, Allania responded kindly, "I'd be more than happy to join you people if I'm welcome. Are you coming too?" looking at Kranzer as she asked the last question.

Luna giggled as Hydra reassured her, telling her that one needed fear to become stronger. He seemed like a very thoughtful and thorough guy, but at the same time friendly. The same could be said for Allania, both of them were kind enough to talk to the bluenette. 

"Boar hunting?" Luna said quietly, before realising that another player, a man who looked determined and serious had approached them. Like with the others, the shy girl looked down at the floor, before answering hydra's question. "I-I'd like to...as long as you guys can protect me..."

Kranzer realized that the three of them were forming a group and were about to head out into the wilderness to either hunt boards or gather materials. This was meant to be his day off so he was about to excuse himself only to stop when the only other guy still here mentioned that Kranzer was welcome to join them so long as he wasn’t a PKer. “Of course I’m not a PKer,” he was quick to say. Allania’s explanation for what happened with Ratatosk made no sense. He’s acted like that before? He was always so abrasive whenever he saw him. “I see,” he muttered as he scratched at the back of his neck. Once more he was about to excuse himself from the group but before he could Allania asked if he was coming along. An awkward smile spread across his face. “I might as well. Does everyone here have suitable gear to survive a fight?

His dark-eyed gaze fell on Luna. The way her eyes were cast towards the ground and when she said she would like to go along but only so long as she was protected made him think she wouldn’t be able to hold her own. He looked from Hydra to Luna and let out a soft sigh. “I’m Kranzer,” he said as he extended his hand to shake their hands in turn. 

Hydra turned to Luna, "Don't worry you'll be safe! Just stick by my side and Allania and Kranzer will show you the basics. Assuming that's okay with everyone." Hydra glanced around, he didn't usually play the guard role but he was rather tired... then again he always was. The spearman turned his gaze onto Kranzer and nodded "Im ready, maybe we should set up a meeting point for later?." Not forgetting to be polite he shook the players hand "Nice to meet you Kranzer, my name is Hydra." He titled his head and gave the usual innocent and friendly smile.

Responding to Kranzer first, Allania looked at him with a smile, "Yep, all geared up. Same set as I had donned last time. And I think this is more to show Luna the ropes than for a fun gallivant in the plains, so we're going to have to look after her". It was not long ago since she was the one in Luna's position, and it too had been Hydra who first helped her in battle, so it was nice to be able to pass on the basics. Turning to Luna, Allania spoke softly "Just as Hydra said,we'll look after you. So long as you don't go off by yourself or land the first hit then everything will be fine and you should be at no risk. Well, minimal risk at least". Allania hoped dearly for that to be true, if a PKer came along none of them would be able to do anything, they could wipe us all out in a single blow. That worry was always there, nibbling away at the back of her consciousness. She was not yet ready to leave here, there was still so much yet to explore.

Luna nervously looked up at kranzer as he offered his hand. He seemed nice enough, but the petit bluenette couldn't help being nervous around people. "H-hi" she said, shaking his hand uncertainly "I'm L-Luna" she said nervously, looking up, pushing a few blue locks away from her face. As Hydra talked to her he reassured here, saying that they would protect her, Allania doing the same thing, although she seemed worries about something, what Exactly Luna couldn't tell. 

Slowly the girl stood up, looking at the group without fear for the first time. 'It's ok Luna...they're nice people..' she told herself before speaking. "Should we get going then?" she asked quietly 

Ratatosk maintained his distance from the people, especially the girls. "Welp, I am officially out. Maybe I can do something to make this fun, but I just can't. It's only about, four people including Kranzer trying to help out newbies, and that's boring! I'd rather fight for myself and then for others." It was true that he was selfish, and of course, he saw the others as simpletons. "That's right, those kids in school called me a demon anyways. Makes no difference here, at least while I'm weak." The blonde smiled grimly and left the scene.

-Ratatosk leaves the thread

By the way Hydra spoke it became obvious that Luna was more or less inexperienced in combat. Kranzer nodded his head as Hydra shook his hand. Kranzer didn’t know this man but he seemed carefree enough. Then perhaps he could hold his own. Allania’s smile was returned with a brief one that worked its way across Kranzer’s face. Like Allania, Kranzer wore the same gear as well. His long dark grey cloak mostly concealed his clothes which were of a similar color. The legs of his pants were pulled down low over a pair of plain black boots. Black leather had been sewn into the torso of the coat and around its collar for added protection. Well the look was purely cosmetic since all of its defensive properties consisted of data. On the shoulder of the coat’s left sleeve the profile of a lion was emblazoned. A crown rested upon its head and it was the only identifying mark present upon his clothing. A black scarf was loosely wrapped around his neck with each of its ends hanging down on either side of his body. The scarf's edge was pulled down far enough that it didn't conceal any of his face.

Allania confirmed his suspicion that they intended to show Luna around. She went on to explain how this would work so nobody would be put in too great of danger. The girl shook his hand but it wasn’t the strong firm handshake of someone with an overabundance of confidence. The young man quickly opened his menu and sorted to his gear to ensure he had everything in order while he waited for the others to set the plans. “I could use some time outside of the walls. It was time for my nap to be over anyway. We should probably group up to be safe." Once he closed his menu his eyes roamed from one party member to the next. "Is this your first time leaving the city?” His dark-eyed gaze focused on Luna as he spoke.

Spoiler

Equipped: Fate's Hand(+2 Dmg, +1 Acc), Merlin's Shround(+2 Eva, +9 Mit)