[PP-F4] Ice to See You Again (Allania)

I sat back and breathed a plume of white frost into the atmosphere, the snow chill against my back. After spending time upon time in the frozen wasteland that was the fields of Floor Four, I had gotten used to the deadly nip of the frosty atmosphere. The slush that crowned my head on the hill bothered me not, silver locks of hair simply playing in the white field. Of course, since the low temperature stole one's breath, my breathing was deep and felt thick in my lungs, full of moisture and tight from the cold. An orange blur danced around me at a crazy speed, pouncing and rolling around in the snow, squeaking in joy. My attention was quickly snagged by nearby footsteps, though; someone was approaching, and quite tentatively at that.

Allania trudged through the thin layer of snow on the floor, huddling at herself to keep warm. This place was non like the floor just above her heard, there it was a wasteland, a dazzling sun that relentlessly beat down upon one's back. It may have been relenting there but it felt welcoming, the desolate desert that it was. Allania continued to trudge onwards, the frost of her breath extending out in front of her before washing over her face, chilling her further, as she walked through it.

Allania had come ill-prepared for the cold, wearing the dress she always donned and her thin Boarhide bodice. Though it did offer her some protection from the cutting wind it did nothing to protect against the icy air, nor biting cold that it brought within her chest as she breathed. She had been here once before, but had not once set foot outside the safety zone of the Town and it was much colder out here in the frozen expanse. It must have been the buildings acting as insulation, she thought, as she progressed down the path

I rolled over in the snow to get a good look at the passer-by and grinned as I recognized a familiar head of blond hair. Of course, I did not know the girl by name, but I had met her on two occasions; once in my Diner, where she bought two of my salads, and another where a large misunderstanding had occurred between players, due to different spoken languages. Grasping some snow from the ground I laid on, I packed it tightly into a ball and stood up, lobbing it towards the girl, deliberately letting it drop short near her feet. "Hey! It is n-ice to see you again!" I called to her once I had successfully captured her attention, casually strolling forwards to meet her. It was then that I realised her lack of warm wear, and my eyes widened. "Christ, are you not cold?!" I asked, instantly whipping off my coat and wrapping it around the girl's small frame, the cold not bothering me.

Oblivious to her surroundings, Allania had not yet spotted the silver haired player. When something crashed to the floor at her feet Allania jumped back, going into fight or flight mode, eyes wide and head jerking from side to side. What was that?, she thought. Hearing a familiar voice Allania looked up to see the person who she had met twice now, but not once learnt their name. Allania let out a groan hearing the wonderful ice pun that he made, a smile spreading across her face. "hey there" she spoke, the plume of her breath obscurring her face, "and yeah, I'm really cold" she said, holding herself closer, trying to keep out the ice in the air. "Won't you be cold now?" Allania asked, worrying tinging her voice as she held the cloak tight around herself and looking up at the silver haired player.

The smile on my lips only grew wider as the slightly shy blond's lips turned into her own smile. "I have to say, it is quite heart-melting when you smile." I complimented her. "From an innocent girl such as yourself, even the biggest men will feel like useless marshmallows." I added to the sweetener. She asked if I would be cold out of concern, and I simply chuckled. "Only slightly. I have a special skill which protects me from harsh environments." I explained, thanking Cardinal for that sweet, sweet <<Survival>> skill. "Anyway, dear... I do not believe I have introduced myself. My name is Grave." I said with a low bow.

Looking up at him, her eyes wide and cheeks flushing crimson. She was not used to getting complimented and did not really know how to respond. Stuttering slight, Allania said "t..tt..thank you" a small smile on her face once again. "I shall have to try and acquire that skill myself one day, it sounds useful" she said, noting how he did not seem to be cold at all in these freezing conditions. "Grave" she repeated quietly, it was ironic of this world, yet he probably had heard that quite a bit here. "I'm Allania" she said, just as quietly as she had repeated his name. Standing there for a moment, not quite sure how to respond to his bow, before performing a curtsy to him

The girl thanked me in return for my compliment and I gently patted her on the shoulder. "No problem!" I assured her. "Oh, it is very useful, especially in places like the desert where you can take damage from sandstorms." I explained, thinking back to the time I did <<The Traveler>> with Jevi. I noticed the strangeness with which she repeated my name and I scratched the back of my neck. "You are not the first to notice the irony... originally it was supposed to just be because it was a funny contrast to my personality... now it matches the situation." I explained with a sigh. "The pleasure is mine, Allania." I responded, before looking out over the frozen fields. "What might you be doing out in the field this far?"

Mulling it over, Allania decided that after this little journey of hers into the icy wasteland she would go and acquire that skill. After all, she frequented the desert quite often, and luckily had yet to be out there in a sandstorm. "I shall have to go get that skill then" she noted. "And I'm out here to try and complete a quest, to fight something called 'Avalanche'?" she said, a slight raise in pitch to her voice at the end, not being too sure as to whether that was the name or not. Allania continued to her way down the path, hoping to find the creature she was meant to fight sooner rather than later. Not wanting to stay in the cold, icy place that was this floor.

I smiled at Allania's enthusiasm to get <<Survival>>. "I shall help you." I told her, giving her shoulder a very light punch so that I did not accidentally use my <<Martial Arts>>. "Oh, the Avalanche? Pfft, I have slayer that walking snow cone twice." I boasted, crossing my arms over my chest. "I would not mind tackling it a third time with the help if a young lady like yourself." I offered my services with a bow once more, before looking out over the snowy hills. "Over near the base of that mountain is where the Avalanche spawns." I pointed out, recognising the familiar ice formation. "Shall we go, my dear?"

Grave punched her shoulder ever so lightly, but as if in instinct, Allania raised her hand and began to rub at where he had made contact. Stood there Allania was shocked to hear that he had taken on the Avalanche not once, but twice?! That was insane, she had barely got round to fighting it herself, having not wanted to come down to this frozen wasteland. She much preferred the boiling wasteland above their heads. "You're willing to help?" she asked kind of shocked, many players in this world were nice, but not many were willing to go out of their way to fight a boss. "Thank you" she said, looking back down at the ground. Allania looked back up when he said that they were close to where the creature spawned, she would soon get to fight this 'snow cone' as her new companion called it. "Let's" she said simply, determination in her voice, heading off slowly towards the place which Grave had pointed out to her.

She asked again if I would and I simply nodded with a goofy grin. "Of course!" I replied, beaming down at Allania. "Hey, no problem! I have been considering coming out to smash the bastard for a while now." I explained. "May as well brush the dust off... or would that be frost?" I jested with a chuckle at my own joke. Allania was quick to announce our travel towards the Avalanche and I quietly led the way, throwing my hands up behind my head and sighing into the frosted air. "So... tell me some about yourself Allania. What do you fight with? Do you have a profession? Or a guild?" I asked, looking curiously over my shoulder as Hikari climbed up onto my other to face the blond girl.

"I feel kind of sorry for this snow cone, being beaten once again must not be fun" Allania noted, more to herself than anyone else. She then let out a little laugh, having just heard Grave's little joke. Putting her hands clasped behind her back, Allania followed after Grave. Hearing his array of questions, Allania raised her head to look above, thinking about each one and what their answer was. "Well, first of all, I'm a simple dagger wielder. It doesn't have a lot of variety, but it reminds me a lot of the knife my dad gave me when I use it" she said, taking out her knife and looking at it, holding it in both hands. "As for a profession, I own a little tailor's store down on the first floor, it's pretty basic but I like it. I just recently got to rank 5 in it as well" a beaming smile on her face as she mentioned her rank in the profession, it was something she was proud about, having been able to make so many things in this world. "And guild? I am not actually part of one at the moment, I don't really want to just join one and have no connection to the people there. Though I'm thinking of putting my name down to help that new guild that's been spoken about recently. And what of you? I don't really know how to rephrase the questions, so just the same ones that you said?" she said the last part with her head to the ground, her voice trailing off, being slightly embarrassed in how she had worded it.

Edited by Allania

"Oh, I am sure it has lots of fun; every. Single. Time." I responded with a mock sinister tone, before chuckling at our combined joke. My cheeks flushed slightly pink when Allania laughed at my little joke; it was not often people laughed at them without some kind of groan or a punch... it was a nice change. She started answering my questions by answering she was a 'simple' dagger user. "Simple?! Dagger users are everything but simple! They are deadly!" I retorted with a laugh, before dropping my grin when she mentioned a knife her father had given her. "Oh... so the weapon you chose is a connection the outside world, huh?" I asked in a more somber tone, looking at my wrapped fists; blast it! Here Allania was, carrying a weapon with historical value to her... while I was busy beating the crap out of stuff with my fists because I liked it! I could not help but feel like a monster for a moment...

I was snapped out of my depressive thoughts when Allania answered my question about her profession. "A Tailor, huh?" I asked with a smile. "I may be able to use your services at some point. I know another Tailor, cannot remember her name, but she is the top Tailor in Aincrad!" I exclaimed with a chuckle. "Of course, since she is so skilled... her crafts are quite costly..." I added with a groan, scratching my chin. "And you must be a crafting devil if you are already Rank Five! I have been a Cook for ages and only recently achieved Rank Six!" I exclaimed with a bright smile. She mentioned she did not have a guild, and a spark lit up my mind. However, her mirrored questions came first. "Well... I am the top <<Martial Arts>> user in Aincrad. In a nutshell... I beat the crap out of everything with my fists and feet." I explained, scratching the back of my neck. "Profession... you know that story. As for guild... I am part of the Crimson Knights, the elite strike team of the Knights of the Blood Oath." I told Allania with an aura of pride. "If you wanted... I could talk to the Vice Commander about recruiting you into the ranks?" I suggested with a curious look in my eyes.

"mmm," she said rather absentmindedly, "in the other world my family was not the most influential. So a lot of the activities and things I did as a child were just out in the countryside, out in the wild learning survival skills. It was free but fun. Then one day, my dad gave me a knife, one that I took on all our trips since then. It meant a lot to me that knife and served me well, it's probably still on my bedside table out there." a faint smile played on the girls lips as she recounted the knife. The gift her dad had bestowed upon her. "So yeah, that's the reason why I chose dagger, it's the closest thing that this world has to that knife. Maybe one day I'll commission a blacksmith to make one just like it."

"Thank you" she said quite quietly, once again looking down at the ground, "I just enjoy being a tailor, I like that I can make things. If there's something you want I can probably make it for you, that top crafter has quite the monopoly, though that will not deter me in my crafting, even if no one buys my wares". A proud look on her face, defiant that she would not be put down, her shop would not close its doors.

"No thank you" she said in reference to the guild offer, shaking her head gently, "I don't think I'd fit well into that guild, sorry. To be honest with you, the only reason I'm considering this new guild is that we'll all be equals in making it"

I nodded and smiled softly, pride for the girl's wish to stay close to the real world pulling my lips like a puppeteer's strings. "I am very glad that someone is choosing to use the game to stay as close the real world as possible, while staying immersed and helping players out in these troubling times." I said as I gently rubbed the blond's shoulder. "You are a good person, Allania. Do not let any misfortune befall you." I told the girl, silver eyes shimmering with sharp sincerity.

And that was not the first instance; Allania was not fazed in the slightest by the tight grip Ariel held on the Tailor economy. No matter what, Allania would keep her doors wide open. "To honor your diligence and tenacity, Allania, I may need to frequent your store. You would not mind, would you?" I asked with a chuckle, shrugging my shoulders with my hands up as if to say 'your choice, I do not know'. "I am sure anything you make is beautiful." I assumed, before winking at her. "Would be fitting of the girl who makes it, of course." I flirted, before chuckling lightly.

I nodded in acknowledgement as Allania declined my offer to recruit her into the guild. "Understandable. Just know that the doors are always open, one of our aims is to help the lower level population." I said with a smirk, beginning to slow my pace as we approached the Iceberg himself. "Right. Show me what you can do with that dagger, Allania. I am simply here to help out; it is no fun if I steal the kill, is it?" I asked with a wild grin.

ID: 55518 | BD: 5 (3 + 2) | MD: 4 (5 - 1)

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 20/22 NRG | D: 8 | A: 2 | E: 1
Allania: 56/56 HP | 14/14 NRG | ???

Enemies
Avalanche: 100/100 HP | D: 24

Edited by Grave

A bright smile lit up Allania's face as she heard Grave speak, it was such a nice thing to say she thought. "Thank you" she said, a sparkle in her eyes. "It would be wonderful to see you at my store some time. I'd be more than happy to offer you my services" her smile getting brighter as she spoke. He was being so kind to her, his words seemed to just roll off of his tongue. Was he flirting with her?? The thought just occurred to her, she was not used to such a thing. The wink had just given it away. In response to his flirtatious compliments she looked down at the ground, her cheeks bright red. What do I say? was all she could think.

She sighed a breath of relief when he told her to attack the giant ice creature, not even hearing what he had said about the guild. Rushing forward, dagger in hand Allania went for the Icicle. She was not entirely focused though, the flirt remarks having thrown her mind into turmoil. AS a result, when she stabbed her dagger forward, hoping to puncture the creatures lumbering frame it sliced through just the icy air. The creature had just moved to the side, moving away from the weapons deadly tip.

ID# 55520 results:

Battle: 4 (miss)

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 20/22 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Allania: 56/56 HP | 12/14 NRG | D: 6 | M: 18 | T: 7

Avalanche: 100/100 HP | D: 24

Edited by Allania

I could not help but chuckle at Allania's helplessness as she shied from my compliment. It was incredibly cute, the way she looked down and likely blushed, trying to come up with a response to my compliment. However, time to add onto that had passed and we were locked in combat with the Snowman himself. Allania rushed forward, aiming to slash out a chunk of the ice monster's leg, but failing miserably. My eyes widening in worry, I followed after her as the creature raised an enormous, icy foot above her. "[censored], Allania!" I cried, pumping my legs through the snow as quickly as possible. The lack of my coat was somewhat a bonus in that situation; I was able to quickly pierce the frosty air with my lithe body and [censored] Allania by the abdomen as the enormous foot came crashing down into the snow.

We were thrown to the ground, my arm laid protectively across the blond girl's body. "You okay?" I asked as I pulled the girl up and tugged at the coat over her shoulders. "Hope you do not mind me taking this back for a moment." I said as I slid it off of her and over my own body. Looking at the large limb now impaled in the snow, I dashed forwards, I lashed out with my right leg, kicking the giant in the back of the knee with a turning kick, before quickly following with a back kick, and finishing with a powerful backflip kick that shattered a large portion of the leg and brought the monster to a knee, stunning it temporarily. "This is your shot! No matter how hard you hit it, it is not going to strike back!" I called to the blond dagger user.

ID: 55661 | BD: 10 (8 + 2) | MD: 5 (6 - 1)

Sword Art Used: Crescent Moon - 8 x 3 x 1 = 24 DMG + Stun (6 NRG)

Regen +1 NRG

Party
[Hate: 1] Grave: 88/88 HP | 15/22 NRG | D: 8  | A: 2 | E: 1
Allania: 56/56 HP | 12/14 NRG | D: 6 | M: 18 | T: 7

Enemies
Avalanche: 76/100 HP | D: 24 | Stunned

Edited by Grave

Allania was focused on the creature, barely hearing Grave before he slammed into her side, tackling her to the ground. Knocking her out of the way of the creatures path. Allania sat there, slightly shocked, her gaze upon where she had stood moments before, the giant creatures foot having smashed a hole in the ground. She lay there numbly as Grave slide the coat off her shoulders, put it on and ran at the behemoth kicking it multiple times before calling out to her saying it was her shot. 

Allania shook her head clear, scrambled to the floor, brushing the snow away from her exposed legs before rushing at the beast. While it was stunned she landed a devastating blow, slicing deep into its thigh. Only being able to reach it after the leg had been collapsed. The slice was followed by two consecutive roundhouse kicks, her leg reverberating from the strike. She had just kicked a solid lump of ice, even so she had managed to do some damage.

ID# 55735 results:

Battle: 10 (crit, +2DMG)

Sword Art: Shadow Stitch (3*2)

DMG: (6+2)*6 = 48DMG

Party
Grave: 88/88 HP | 20/22 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2  [Hate: 1]
Allania: 56/56 HP | 7/14 NRG | D: 6 | M: 18 | T: 7  [Hate: 1]

Avalanche: 28/100 HP | D: 24

Edited by Allania

I watched Allania perform a slash, followed by two powerful roundhouse kicks, dealing a crap ton of damage to the ice creature. "Holy crap..." I mumbled, watching the Avalanche's health dip right up close to the red. "Right, I cannot kill it... I need to leave the kill for Allania." I reminded myself, running up to the towering creature's leg as it began to stand. I leaped through the air and grasped onto its thigh, holding onto it tightly and threatening to crush its leg. "Go Allania! Finish this!" I shouted to the blond over my shoulder. Even with <<Survival>>, the cold from the ice monster was burning the side of my face, but I only held on tighter, refusing to let go no matter how I was knocked around.

ID: 55919 | BD: 3 (1 + 2) | MD: Stunned

Regen +1 NRG

Party
[Hate: 1] Grave: 88/88 HP | 14/22 NRG | D: 8  | A: 2 | E: 1
[Hate: 2] Allania: 56/56 HP | 7/14 NRG | D: 6 | M: 18 | T: 7

Enemies
Avalanche: 28/100 HP | D: 24

Edited by Grave

Allania watched as Grave leaped through the air and clung on tightly to its leg. It did not do much though, as the behemoth continued to push itself to its feet, slowly gaining once again in height. He was hanging on for dear life onto that leg, before he turned his head, shouting at her to finish it. Her dagger in hand Allania once again rushed the icicle. Her dagger whistled as it cut through the air, once again slashing into the creature. She could only strike at the base of its foot now, not being able to reach higher. It was enough though, as once she finished her two roundhouse kicks the creature exploded into millions of floating red fragments. Allania stood there as it broke away, her breath as mist before her, watching as Grave's hold on the creature disappeared.

ID# 55965 results:

Battle: 7 (hit)

Sword Art: Shadow Stitch (3*2)

DMG: 6*6 = 36DMG

Party
[Hate: 1] Grave: 88/88 HP | 14/22 NRG | D: 8  | A: 2 | E: 1
[Hate: 2] Allania: 56/56 HP | 2/14 NRG | D: 6 | M: 18 | T: 7

Enemies
Avalanche: 0/100 HP | D: 24

Edited by Allania