[PP-F5] Strive to Survive <<The Traveler>> (Grave)

Allania stood there, looking out over the Dunes as the sand whipped up around.Another day another adventure. This time she was away from the frozen wasteland that was the floor beneath her feet. This was was warm, blisteringly hot to some, but it was wonderful, the warm breeze added to the atmosphere. 

After standing there for a while, looking out over the horizon, a woman, covered in a thick cloak walked over towards Allania. Getting near, Allania heard the footsteps so turned to see this figure, slightly shocked by the all cloaked appearance Allania jumped back a pace. When she did not seem to pose a threat, Allania walked back over to her and listened to what she had to say.

"Dear adventurer, it seems that I have lost my precious cargo out deep in the desert, I would go for it myself but I am stricken with illness, so I must request you to take on this role. It has to be recovered within two days or all will have been for naught. If you succeed then I shall train you in a new skill." the woman said. As she finished a notification came up on Allania's HUD, asking her whether or not she'd accept this quest.

Floor Five; the Floor Jevi's shop was situated on. Ironically also one of the times we adventured together on a particular quest; <<The Traveler>>. That was way back when the original Crimson Blades was still around... now we were a group situated as a branch of the Knights of the Blood Oath. Staring off to the fields of the desert wasteland, I waited for a player to approach and trigger the sandstorm, from which a strange figure - whom turned out to be a bandit it Jevi and my case - approached and offered a reward to the player or players who retrieved lost cargo for her. Before long, a blond head of hair triggered the interaction, and I smiled as I recognized who it was; Allania, a blond girl who I had adventured with in the past. I jumped and slid down the side of the dune, kicking up a crap-ton of sand and dust as I skidded to a halt, casually stepping forward and continuing walking towards the girl. "Allania!" I called out over the whistling and roaring of the nearby sandstorm. 

Allania pressed the accept button on the quest, the sand whipping up around her. Hearing a voice being carried away by the wind, Allania looked up to try and locate its source. The voice sounded familiar. Squinting with her eyes, trying to protect them from the sand hanging in the air, Allania spotted the silver haired player running towards her, who she now knew by the name of Grave. The player had just been sliding down the duns, and seemed to be covered in a thin layer of sand. "Hey there," she called out, coughing afterwards to try and rid her mouth of the sand that had crept its way inside. Waving to him Allania stood there waiting for him to arrive.

It was nice to see him again, last time they had meant they had been down on the frozen wasteland beneath her feet, fighting some sort of ice creature. That had been both fun and unpleasant. Allania was in no way designed for the cold, she was a creature of the heat, and thus strives to spend her days upon the warmer floors. Where sunbathing won't cause frostbite.

Edited by Allania

I chuckled as Allania copped a fair amount of sand to the mouth as she greeted me. "Are you alright?" I asked as I flicked through my inventory and retrieved from it my blue and white Kitsune mask, passing it to her. "Again, I have the <<Survival>> skill. I could stand in that sandstorm unclothed and not take any damage." I boasted with a laugh, before realising something. "Actually, the quest you just accepted is the one that gives you <<Survival>>. Quite ironic, is it not?" I asked, laughing some more. I though back to Jevi and my encounter with the Bandits again, and wondered if it would be the same this time. "If you are ready to head in, let us go!"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little bit of sand. This is the first time I've been out here in a sandstorm before" she said, covering her face to try and prevent anymore sand finding its way in there. Taking the mask gratefully I put it on, hopefully this will keep out some of the sand, she thought. "And that sounds like a very useful skill to have, so why don't we head on out then?" she says, walking into the sandstorm, almost losing sight of Grave in the sand. Doing an extravagant mock bow, Allania let's Grave take the lead out into the desert ahead.

ID# 53626 results:

Craft: 5 (no environ damage)

Edited by Allania

"This will be my second." I responded with a chuckle. I looked forward to leading the girl through the sandstorm. I smiled as Allania slipped on my mask gratefully, protecting her face from the whipping winds. "Better, but it is disheartening that I can no longer see your smile." I complimented her, reminiscing about our last time we met. "And it is a quite useful skill, the same one I used to protect me from the cold on the floor below, remember?" I reminded her with a grin. As she bowed me off into the sandstorm, I turned around and extended a hand to her. "If your scared of losing me, we could do this!"

"Ahh, so this quest is for the special skill you mentioned while we were down here?" Allania queried, sending her mind back to their freezing adventure on the floor below. "It certainly sounds appealing to have" she said, smiling behind the mask on her face. "This mask works wonders" she spoke, not a speck of sand in her mouth. Watching as he extended a hand out towards her, Allania quickly thought what to do, deciding that it would be best not to lose him, she tentatively extended her hand towards the player.

ID# 53881 results:

Craft: 5 (no envrion damage)

Edited by Allania

I grinned as Allania remembered that I had mentioned the quest. "I told you I would help you with it~" I reminded her with a chuckle. "As I keep saying, very useful." I told her with a laugh, scratching the back of my neck. "You can keep it for this whole quest. I will try and buy one for you if you would like." I offered with a kind grin as she took my hand and stepped fully into a deadly storm with me. I clutched her hand tightly in mine, careful not to let her go. "Bloody hell... this is worse than the first time..." I growled, holding an arm up to the rushing winds. As much as <<Survival>> dealt with the sand, it did not deal with the powerful wind.

Holding on tight to Grave's hand, Allania did not want to lose him in this storm. She could barely hear anything over the screams of the wind. It felt like what skin she had exposed was being scoured by the sand, luckily though the weather had not yet lowered her health, for that she was thankful. Lowering her head, Allania pushed forward into the wind, going further into the sandstorm that whirled around her. All that Allania could make out from what Grave had said was 'worse'. What was worse? Would it get worse? "What do you mean?" she shouted over the roar of the sand, hoping that he would hear her.

ID# 54136 results:

Craft: 2 (no environ damage)

Edited by Allania

I clutched Allania's hand tightly as she called back to me in the storm. I could barely hear her; she questioned my use of the word 'worse'. I brought her closer to me and leaned towards her ear, speaking in a loud whisper. "The storm was nowhere near this powerful when I did this the last time." I explained, before pulling back, setting my eyes on a figure in the distance that was quickly approaching. "Oh crap, watch out!" I shouted, releasing Allania and pushing her in the shoulders to clear the area between us. I was lucky I had done that early; in the blink of an eye a strange insect shot past, blowing sand everywhere, leaving a surprisingly deep trench in the desert. "Alright Allania, hit it with everything you have!"

ID: 54638 | BD: 3 (2 + 2 - 1) | MD: 2 (3 - 2 + 1)

Party -

Grave: 84/84 HP | 19/21 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Allania: ???

Enemies -

Sand Dart: 20/20 HP | D: 15 | M: 5 | Sonic: Enhanced speed grants +1 ACC and +1 EVA.

Edited by Grave

Allania was slightly unsurprised when she heard that this storm was far worse. It was horrendous out here, you could barely see what was besides you. The push to her shoulder moved Allania quite far, looking to where Grave had been she could just make out his outline, and some sort of insect that had moved past them, leaving a large trail in the sand that was quickly being swallowed by the storm. Her dagger out, Allania ran towards the insect, slashing it deep across her abdomen before her leg lashed out, roundhouse kicking it twice in the side, causing the insect to explode into millions of red pixelated shards. Looking up and around, Allania could not seem to spot Grave, even though it felt like she had barely moved from where she had stood moments ago.

ID# 54654 results:

Battle: 7 - 1 = 6(hit)

Craft: 2 (no environ damage)

Loot: 16 + 2 = 18 (+1 mat)

Sword art: Shadow Stitch (3*2)

DMG: 6*6 - 5 = 31DMG to Sand Dart

Sand Dart: 0/20 HP | D: 15 | M: 5 | Sonic: Enhanced speed grants +1 ACC and +1 EVA.

Allania 52/52 HP | 7/13 Energy | 6 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Grave: 84/84 HP | 19/21 NRG | D: 8 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2

Edited by Allania

I watched as Allania had at the bug, slashing it and kicking it - with the power of a <<Martial Arts>> skill - until it was blown into tiny shards of data, carried into the storm, never to be seen again. As she landed her foot down she had turned with her back to me, looking out into the desert storm to spot me. With a grin I came up beside her and gave her shoulders a gentle hug. "That was pretty sick, Allania. I did not know there were unarmed attacks in Sword Arts, other than <<Martial Arts>>... the more you know." I said with a chuckle, smiling down at the blond. We had to get out of this storm... wait for it to calm down. My eyes scanned the roaring expanse of the desert, and I spotted the same little rock cave Jevi had led us to the first time. "Allania! This way!" I commanded, gently grasping her hand and guiding her through the storm and into the sanctuary of the cave. "We can wait the worst out here..." I suggested, peeking out to see if it might calm down any time soon. Being denied the ability to see that, I popped back in. "Right now, though... any news you would like to talk about?"

Allania had been looking away when something quickly grasped onto her shoulder. In response she jerked away, pivoting on the sand, dagger raised and ready to launch at whatever had attacked her. Upon seeing that is was Grave, Allania's dagger quickly made its way back into its sheath, "sorry about that" she said apologetically, her head slightly bowed so that he could not see her face, even if it was covered by his mask.  Allania followed after the fleeing figure of Grave, he had mentioned waiting out the storm before he had moved. 

Arriving at the cave it was nearly calm in there, the air eddied a little from the blowing gales outside but it was comparatively nice. "This is much nicer" she said, lifting up her mask. "And as for news? I don't really know of any recent gossip, sorry", she stated, sitting down in the sand that was scattered over the caves floor.

ID# 55332 results:

Craft: 10 (no environ damage)

Edited by Allania

(Don't roll CD for the time being, until we're out)

I chuckled and shrugged it off as Allania apologized for drawing her dagger on me. "Hey, do not apologize! That was very quick of you to react to possible danger! That was very good!" I reassured her, shouting and clapping over the roaring winds. Nothing but a ringing in my ears was left once we had safely settled into the cave, and I sat with my back against the wall. "Really? No gossip? That is booooooring..." I complained, folding my hands behind my head against the wall. "Well... I am also out of things to talk about. Hmm..." I began thinking about topics to bring up, before removing my hands from my head and snapping my fingers. "Aha! Allania, what is your favourite food?" I asked her, looking at her with a wide grin. "Maybe we could do a trade; I make you some normal food, you make me a nice set of casual clothes. Sound good?"

Allania bowed her head slightly at the compliment, as a gesture of accepting it but also to hide her face a little from his eyes, to hide the slight blush that was playing on her cheeks. "I am not the most in touch with the player gossip of this world, most of the people I interact with are just as new to this world if not newer" she admitted apologetically. When favourite food was mentioned Allania's interest got piqued, she had not thought much about food since she came here, only eating the most basics required to survive, the only things she had eaten that were fancier was the salad she had bought from Grave himself. "hmm... My favourite food? It would have to be Spaghetti Bolognase. It's pretty simple, but it reminds me of home. t was an easy dis to make and one that was cheap. " she said, recalling the numerous times that her father had laboured away over their small stove, striving for his little daughter. "and sounds good to me," she said, referring to the offer of a trade "what kind of a thing do you want me to make?" she queried.

I chuckled at Allania's comment. "I guess I can be your info dispenser then." I offered with a light laugh, hoping any info I had may be of use to her in the future. I could tell Allania was quite excited when her head perked up and her eyes gained a sort of ecstatic sparkle to them. "Spaghetti bolognese, hey? I bet I could whip up something pretty nice." I said with a wide grin, imagining how I might be able to turn an ordinary spaghetti bolognese into something special. She asked what I wanted her to make in return and I smirked softly. "I will think about that at the time, sound good with you?" I asked, pushing myself from my seat and peeking my head outside. "Hey, storm's calming down! Quick, we might not get a second chance!" I shouted as I backed outside, gesturing for Allania to follow me.

"That would be nice" Allania responded, her mind elsewhere as she fantasized about Spaghetti Bolognase, how she would get to once again taste it, even in this world. Snapping back to reality Allania nodded "Yeah, that's fine with me" she said, referencing Grave deciding what clothes when the time came, "it'll just be nice to see you again". Allania took a deep breath and pulled the mask back down on her face, it was time to head on back outside. Allania got to the edge of the cave, looking out while still being inside, watching Grave just stand there. "You take the lead, I'll follow after you" she shouted over the storm, hoping her words would not be whipped away on the wind.

I smiled when Allania's response to my decision to pick my clothing when the time came around was that it would be nice to see me again. "You flatter me, Allania." I said with a chuckle, before winking in her direction. "It will be even nicer to see you." I responded with a wide grin. I watched the girl pull the mask back down and I gave her a thumbs up. I heard her call out that she would follow if I took the lead and I nodded, gesturing for her to come. Off we trudged through the sandstorm once more. My <<Survival>> deflected all the sand particles that threatened to whip and flay my flesh... not that much was exposed anyway. We moved in silence, the winds picking up and calming irregularly. Thankfully, we would not have to deal with the storm for much longer, as the lost cargo came into view. "Here it is..." I muttered, shifting towards it and popping the lid. As it would happen, nothing was inside the box, much like the first time. "I hope you do not mind killing mobs styled as humans." I said to Allania as I pointed behind her, where two bandits were approaching. One wore a singlet and baggy pants, with a serrated dagger in hand. The other...

Was the NPC who gave the quest.

"Allania, your choice who you [censored] up."

Party
Grave: 92/92 HP | 23/23 NRG | D: 9 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Allania: 60/60 HP | 15/15 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | T: 7 (I just realised you actually have 7 damage. 1 + 4 ranks + 2 weapon damage = 7)

Enemies
Female Bandit: 50/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Venomous Blade: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict poison. (5 DMG to enemy for four turns)
Male Bandit: 50/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Serrated Edge: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict bleed. (8 DMG to enemy for two turns)

Allania followed Grave out of the cave, back into the storm. It was gentler now, but it still scoured at what skin she had exposed. She pursued Grave through the sandstorm, managing to stay unharmed from its wrath. They were walking for a while before he stopped for a moment to say that it was here. He leaned down and opened the lid, revealing the empty crate. Seeing that their goal was empty, Allania dropped herself to the floor with a sigh, Bandits must have got to it first, she thought. "What do you mean?" she asked as he spoke and pointed off at the pair of people approaching them. They were certainly not here to be friends.

Allania sighed once again, getting to her feet. She recognised the bandit in the lead, it was the quest giver. Allania took out her dagger and approached the woman, paying no heed to the bandit beside her.

"Lovely weather, isn't it?" she asked Allania, an evil smile on her face and weapon in her hand. Before Allania could respond the woman struck ou, her dripping blade arcing through the air towards Allania's head. In response to this obvious onslaught Allania ducked beneath the blade, which now flew harmlessly over her head. Bobbing back up Allania leaned forward, her arms trailing behind her as she covered the distance to get in range with her own blade. Allania brought her blade up, slicing vertically upwards into the bandit before performing a horizontal cut in the same motion. The blow caused the woman to stagger backwards, a gaping gash forming a cross on her body, glowing red.

ID# 55968 results:

Battle: 6 (hit)

Craft: 7 (no environ damage)

MOB: 5 (miss) 

Sword art: Cross edge (2*4)

DMG: 7*8 - 12 = 44DMG to Female Bandit

Party
Grave: 92/92 HP | 23/23 NRG | D: 9 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Allania: 60/60 HP | 7/15 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | T: 7 

Enemies
Female Bandit: 6/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Venomous Blade: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict poison. (5 DMG to enemy for four turns)
Male Bandit: 50/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Serrated Edge: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict bleed. (8 DMG to enemy for two turns)

Edited by Allania

The female bandit was quick to attack Allania, and nothing but a grin crept across my lips. Sure, the bandit was no joke, but neither was the blond dagger wielder. I watched and chuckled as the bandit missed like a champ and made sweet love with the sharp steel of Allania's blade. The show pretty much over, I turned to my opponent. "Oh. You again." I grunted, before sighing. "Right, forgot you are a bloody mute." I reminisced, screwing the ball of my foot into the sand. "Shall we get this over with?" As if in response, the bandit rushed at me, dagger outstretched behind him, as if he was going to attack from overhead. My arms stayed at my hips as he came into my vicinity, until he brought the gnarly dagger down and aimed to pierce my gut.

I flung my arms out in a cross block, sweeping his dagger arm off to the side, and he threw a punch at my face, which a palmed away, countering with my own punch. He barely ducked under it, and before he could recover I began to twist his arm, driving him to the ground. Kicking out, he swung my legs out from under me, sending me flat on my ass. Both of us skittered to our feet, and looked each other in the eye. "You are certainly better than last time... sadly for you, I have a new trick up my sleeve." I told him with a wide grin, and he swung at me in an arc.

Dumbass.

I dodged in and blocked the swipe at his wrist, before sweeping his arm away. I threw my arms back, and they glowed a ferocious, raging red. They clamped around his body, crushing his arms against him and squeezing the air from his lungs. As if that was not enough, I squeezed again and crushed his ribs, before throwing my body backwards, smashing him into the ground in a perfect Suplex. On the ground, I rolled along him, crushing his back with my elbows, before placing my palms either side of his spine and pushing, snapping his back in two directions and shattering his body into thousands of shards of data, leaving a hefty bag of col behind.

ID: 56724 | BD: 10 (8 + 2) | MD: 3 (5 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Snapping Twig - 9 x 5 x 2 - 12 = 90 - 12 = 78 DMG (10 - 2 Finesse = 8 NRG)

Party
Grave: 92/92 HP | 15/23 NRG | D: 9 | M: 9 | T: 7 | A: 2 | E: 2
Allania: 60/60 HP | 7/15 NRG | D: 7 | M: 18 | T: 7 

Enemies
Female Bandit: 6/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Venomous Blade: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict poison. (5 DMG to enemy for four turns)
Male Bandit: -28/50 HP | D: 15 | M: 12 | Serrated Edge: On an MD of 9-10, will inflict bleed. (8 DMG to enemy for two turns)

LD: 16 = Bandit Goodie Bag (Mat) + 250 Col

Edited by Grave