[PP-F14] Killing a Lich King [Manta]

As her tail flicked around, feeling it occasionally tapping his arm wrapped around her, Zelrius for once in his life felt like he was doing something right. As said before, He wasn't used to normal relationships. While the Commandant had done his fair share of Flirting with the females of Aincrad, it was never more than that, Flirting. With the only exception being Erin, whom he regretted even meeting, afraid now that he had emotionally wrecked her for the rest of her life. He continued to lead her to the Teleportation gate they had entered through, headed off to Floor 7 for it's exclusiveness. When she had brought up the possible 'outcomes' of going to an inn, Zelrius turned bright red, drawing away from her a little. "I mean, If I wanted to do that, I'd take you back to the Guild Hall. Manta, I have no intention of crossing your boundaries. While as a Male I will admit, maybe some time, but until then, all I want is your time and attention. By Inn, I meant like a Cafe or somewhere just to sit down and talk for a second..."

Manta was surprised by Zelrius response to her suggestion. She had expected him to jump at the suggestion. She supposed her expectations had come from the last relationship that she had had with a man. Sousuke had been looking for that sort of thing since the two of them had met, and she had supposed, incorrectly, that Zelrius was the same way. She felt guilty for that now that he had expressed that wasn't all that he was looking for. "I'm sorry... I don't have much experience dating guys, or even just dating in general." She apologized, reaching out to grasp his hand gently with hers. "In that case why don't we just head back to the guild hall and hang out there?" She asked. "Theres always something somewhere in the kitchen." Manta said, although she wasn't actually sure whether the guild hall actually had a kitchen. She didn't spend much time there....

As she had suggested the Guild Hall, Zelrius activated the Teleportation gate to take the pair back to Floor 13's main city, of which the Commandant still didn't know the name of. However, in Zelrius' egotistical opinion, the best part of this town was once you exited the Nothern Gate the Guild Hall, The Cathedral where they fought Avarious, and the Field in between those two locations, where the War of the Ancients had been fought, were in perfect view. as she mentioned she had little experience dating, Zelrius laughed lightly and responded "To be quite honest, I don't know much about dating either. While I have had a few girlfriends here in SAO, None really stuck. Though I am hoping that changes soon." Though in his mind Erin should have easily stuck, but there were many things wrong with that relationship. The main reason that one ended is the same reason Zelrius is afraid to ask Manta for anything more, Afraid that he'll he make the same mistakes. "Aye, Dom always has something whipped up for everyone to eat at the Hall." Now that they had talked about it, Zelrius personally wouldn't mind for them to atleast cuddle or something, he just wasn't sure exactly how to ask for that.

Manta found it hard to believe that Ssendom always had something cooked up, even though he was a chef by profession. That seemed like a full time job, and as frontliners they were all quite busy, either helping lower levels or just completing quests and gathering materials. Regardless they were all busy. She glanced over at Zelrius and smiled as they teleported to the thirteenth floor, listening to him speak about how he didn't have much experience dating either. She hadn't expected that, him being the 'Hero of Aincrad" and all of that. She would have expected him to have plenty of people vying for his attention. She started to walk in the direction of the guild hall, her thoughts pretty much going in the same direction as Zelrius's. She was just too afraid to mention it again, or even just ask.

Zelrius intentionally didn't mention that Ssendom didn't work round clock to make sure the food in the Hall was always fresh. The boy thought it'd be a bit replusive if he brought up the fact that Ssendom used preserving potions to keep the durability of the food from draining and having the item be nothing more than data particles. The reason he left out that bit of information was because there was something unappealing about 'Yea, This food item is several days old' despite the game not having a 'roting' system. He sighed, Wishing Ssendom was around currently to make something fresh so he didn't feel so guilty about leaving out information like that. When arriving at the Guild Hall and still holding her, leading Manta to the 'Kitchen' area, which was more or less a part of the Guild Hall with a large Open Window and tons of cooking supplies, being this is where Dom's Shop was. He went into the Cabinent and pulled out spiced steaks. "There's a few of these if you want one, or you can pick something else. Help yourself, I will pay Dom for whatever it is we take." 

She glanced around the kitchen, wondering how she had forgotten this area in the guild. Like most things Azure Brigade did and owned, it was rather large and grand looking. She followed him over to the cabinet where he pulled out some spiced steaks. Manta usually just ate whatever she happened to have in her inventory, or whatever shops happened to be selling when she was hungry. "That's fine. I haven't really had anything that counts as actual food in quite a while." She squeezed his hand gently and glanced around the kitchen area. There was a lot of delicious looking food, but she just didn't feel right taking anything, even though she was a member of the guild and Zelrius had said that she could pick something out. Plus, she didn't really mind spiced steak, and it looked pretty good anyway.

He put the steaks on a Purple and Azure plate, the purple signifying it was Ssendom's and was not infact Zelrius', though the boy didn't think his fellow Commandant would mind. With his hand that wasn't holding the plate, he reached for Manta's hand, now leading her back through the Corridors of the Guild Hall and to the Meeting area. There were tables in pretty much every room to eat, but Zelrius personally liked the Grandeur of the Meeting Hall, and even more so liked sitting in his Commandant's Chair. He set the plate down and handed her some silverware to eat with. As she mentioned that she hadn't had much in the way of actual food for a bit, Zelrius felt a bit bad, given it was everyday he had something Dom had made. "Really? Well, Today, we fix that. From now on, I am making sure your inventory is stocked with real food, made by a high ranked cook. Someone like you shouldn't have to deal with little snacks and shitty Low Level food."

Manta followed Zelrius through the Guild Hall and into the meeting area, holding onto his hand. She sat down across from him and accepted the silverware that he offered her. She didn't feel as though she was different form anyone else, but the way that Zelrius was speaking, saying 'someone like you', made her feel special. She smiled and looked down a little, slightly embarrassed by how well he was treating her. She cut a small piece of the spiced steak off and placed it in her mouth, almost immediately amazed by the depth of flavor. It really was nothing like the food she had been eating on a regular basis. She finished chewing and swallowed before speaking. "This is really good." She said, surprised. She hadn't thought that food in a virtual game could taste like this.

Zelrius ate his steak slowly, not really that hungry, only eating to have an excuse to sit this table with Manta at the moment. Her comment made him raise an eyebrow a bit confused. "Aye, Dom makes some of the best food I've ever had. Real and Virtual." Though that comment didn't seem like enough. Still, He sighed and took another bite of his own food, Pushing the plate away and leaning back in his chair. After a short while he stood and stretched. "Day is still young, I think I am off to take a small nap before I have to go do my Grinding for the day. If you need anything, You know where my room is." With that, Zelrius stabbed the steak with his sword, draining the food's durability so that it would disappear into particles, leaving the plate in place for now. Sheathing his sword, Zelrius took off his cloak and left it on his seat, only in Tuxedo now as he wandered off to the door.