[PP-F1] Lending A Hand <<Earning A Living>>

Ronin cracked his neck and dug his fingers into his clothing, rifling through the folds in search of his pack of smokes.  As he finally pulled them into view, he cracked the lid and delicately plucked one out of the box, before placing the brown speckled filter between his lips.  He sparked up the tobacco and leaned back, looking up toward the sky.  He was seated on a little fence that looked out over the grassy fields on the edge of the town, just shootin' the breeze.  He had been working hard lately and it felt good to take a little break from his little shanty shop and get some fresh air...

Walking through the edge of town, Caspar found himself walking up to what appeared to be one of his friends from the "real" world. Noticing his signature posture and trails of smoke that escaped from his mouth, Caspar knew it was him. To be honest, he didn't know anyone else who really smoked as much as him, but yet here they were, both trapped in this death game and yet it seemed they were doing the same things in game as they would be doing if they were still in the real world. Walking up behind his friend, Caspar stopped before the fence and placed both his black gloved hands on top of it as he looked out into the vast green field in front of them. Leaning forward onto his hands, the breeze gently blew his dark locks as his blue eyes remained fixated and on the look out for any threats that may be wondering in the field. 

"Whats up?" Caspar asked his friend as he kept a neutral expression etched on his face. 

"Eh? Oh [censored] what the [censored]'s up man!" blurted Ronin in complete surprise as he peeked back to see his good ole' pal Leo... oh 'er, I mean Casper.  He sighed and hopped down from the fence, his knees cracking audibly as he landed.  His weathered boots looked like they had been through hell and back and [censored], in the last couple of days with everything he had been through, it felt like he truly had.  He cracked a big ole smokey smile and moved to greet his friend.  "How's it hangin' pal!?  Glad to see you finally made it in to die with the rest of us!"

Standing upright, and leaving one hand still resting on the fence, Caspar responded to Rae's question. "Oh yeah, glad to be here." He said as he rolled his eyes sarcastically. Looking back at the town behind them, Caspar cleared his throat before talking again. "So how far have you gotten since we all got trapped in here?" He asked as he gently pounded his fist on top the fence with his left hand. The town behind them was still pretty populated with people after the big announcement, which made Caspar wonder just exactly how many people have given up so far and just live life in the game forver, and how many people are desperate enough to fight and get out.

Edited by Caspar

Ronin pursed his lips around his ciggy and took another long drag as he eyeballed his comrade.  Man, how long had it been since they last ran into one another?  Weeks?  Months?  The swordsman couldn't remember and hell, that was just talking in game.  On the outside world, the real world, it had probably been even longer since the two had last hung out.  He sighed a breath of smoke into the air and looked toward the town as well, following Caspar's gaze.  "Well... I uhh... not too far, really," he finally admitted, thinking it over.  "But enough of that [censored], you gotta' job yet?  If not, let's find you one!"

Turning his back towards the fence, and leaning his back against it as he rested his arms on top, Caspar closed his eyes briefly before lifting his right hand into the air by his wrist. "No, to be honest I haven't done much of anything yet. I spend most my days trying to think of the best course of action to take on getting out of here alive." He said as he continued to look into town. As he did, his eyes followed a male and female couple walk past them as they appeared in between two buildings. As soon as they disappeared behind the second building in the court yard, Caspar continued on again. "... But yeah, anyways, after looking it all over I wouldn't mind being an Alchemist. If anything, I could then at least not worry about my health. Like litterily. Worse comes to worse I'll just make a potion I guess, and get over it." 

"Right o' ...Well let's hop to it then, the sooner we find you some NPC to train under, the sooner we can get you rollin' with a shop of your very own and unlock your new profession.  I just got mine a couple days ago and so far... well." Ronin paused, thinking about what he wanted to say.  He didn't want to admit to Caspar that his own profession, blacksmithing, had been pretty damn hard up until now.  It was a monotonous job, one which required finding materials constantly and then trying your best to craft them into something worth while.  He imagined all jobs had this in common.  "...It's been cool...  Anyway, let's head into town and look for an Alchemy shop, then we can get started."

"Alright, but just so you know, I'm not looking forward to this. I don't have any interest in making a shop... But if I have to I guess I will." Caspar mentioned as he got up off the fence. Standing upright, Caspar then moved his brown hair out of his eyes as he began to walk towards the town. His expressionless face was prominent as he then placed both his hands inside his jacket pockets. As he walked in between the two buildings and into the main area of town, his eyes began to move left and right as he observed his surroundings.Stopping at the edge of the town's main shopping street, Caspar started his search for a Alchemy Shop. 

"Yeah yeah," replied Ronin, knowing damn well that from what he had been through so far as a blacksmith, he wasn't all that interested in owning his own shop either.  He cracked  a slight smile however, when he thought about his shitty little shanty of a shop and how crummy and dirty it was.  He couldn't resist or deny it.  No matter how much of  a headache the profession system could be at times, he loved it.  And besides, this fuckin' sword he was wielding right now, was something he himself had crafted.  How cool was that?  "Ayo!  Here's one right over here, follow me," he said, waving a hand to Caspar and heading toward an alchemy shop called Wizard's Drool.

Nodding to his friend, Caspar acknowledged he heard him as he started to casually make his way towards the alchemy shop. Looking up at the signage in front of the shop Caspar couldn't help but think to himself that this place at least had a cool sounding name. A name like that made him wonder if some of the people in this game would ever consider owning their own business and naming it something such as this in the real world. Standing next to Ronin at the front of the shop, Caspar took a deep breathe before entering, after all, if all went as planned, he would be using a skill such as this to not only help save his life, but others as well. "Alright, let's get this over with." Caspar said to his friend as his eyes remained forward. 

"Mmhm," agreed Ronin, not looking forward to this very much either.  He was a little excited however, seeing his old pal getting his very first profession unlocked.  It was going to come in extremely handy once Caspar got his shop up and running and started crafting stuff.  Ronin didn't know all that much about the alchemy job, but from what he could gather, they worked with potions and crystals that could give you health or other buffs.  He shrugged, deciding this could prove to be invaluable in battle and between his own blacksmithing and Caspar's soon to be alchemy, they would make a powerful team.  "HELLO!  WELCOME!  How can I help you?!" asked the NPC running the shop as they entered.  Ronin looked toward Caspar, waiting for the man to take the lead.

Taking a step forward Caspar knew what he had to do."... Hey, so pretty much I'm here to if you would be able to point me in the right direction on getting started in the Alchemy business. Basically I want it as my first profession and need someone to teach me if you don't mind..." Caspar said to the shop owner with a small smile arching on the corner of his lips. Hoping he sounded convincing enough, Caspar waited to hear the response from the NPC. At this point he could only hope the shop owner was able to do such a thing and that she currently had enough time on her hands to do so now... 

Edited by Caspar

Ronin leaned against the wall next to the front door, watching Caspar work his magic over the NPC.  He pursed his lips, fighting back a laugh as he watched his friend in action.  It was such  a wild thing to see someone you knew in the real world, playing a character right in front of you in a virtual one.  He shook his head, just glad that his friend had finally found him and now they could work together to get stronger and make their way toward the front lines.  "Yeah, c'mon lady, we ain't got all day!" spat Ronin at the NPC, knowing they were usually too stupid and pre-programmed to react to any player dialog, even if it was obnoxious and foul.  "Watch your tone boy!  Or else I won't help your friend here!"  She spat back, surprising Ronin and nearly making him crap his pants.  "If you want to get started as an Alchemist, start by heading out and fetching some materials.  Then bring them back here and I'll show you how to make a potion!"

Turning his head and looking over his shoulder and past his white fur collared jacket, Caspar looked at the expression on his friend's face as he was also surprised at the remark the NPC gave. Not sure how to take that remark, Caspar decided to play it safe. Slowly moving his head from the floor and back up to the female NPC, Caspar acted as if the conversation between Ronin and the NPC didn't happen. "Alright, so what type of material's do I need exactly to make a potion?" Caspar asked as he held a serious expression on his face. 

Ronin continued to fight back his own laughter as he watched his friend speak to the NPC.  This world was really somethin' else.  He had half a mind to step outside and spark up another ciggy.  At least then he could get some fresh air and wait until his comrade finished up with all this official NPC crap.  Ronin was more interested in the field work anyway.  Being out in the world, adventuring, looting, exploring; that was the fun stuff.  He sighed and decided to wait patiently for now, watching his friend and hoping this would be over soon.  "I need one bat wing, one chunk of limestone and the hair of a llama's butt crack!  Yes, that'll do nicely for the potion we need!" stated the NPC.

"You serious?" Caspar asked in a serious tone as his eyes stayed glued on the NPC's and his chin lowered. "...Alright, well I guess I'll be back then." Caspar said as he then turned around and headed for the door. As he exited the shop he stopped and stood in place as he stood next to his friend. Looking around at the busy street, Caspar then told his friend what they will need to get in order to make this potion. "Alright, so! She said I need to get three things... ready for this? Cause the last ingredient is important... I need to have in my possession the next time I walk through that door, a bat wing, one chunk of limestone, aaaaannd.... the hair of a llama's butt crack.... Yeah, I guess we should be thankful I'm not making a super potion or a MAX Potion..." Caspar said as he then finally looked at his friend.  

"Uhhh yeah dude, I was standing right in there when she said it..." replied Ronin, rolling his eyes at his friend.  "Really man, do you even pay attention anymore?  Get yer [censored] together, we gotta' lotta' work to do if we wanna' make it to the front lines and find a way outta' this fuckn' game!  If you slack like this out in the field when we're going up against some wild boars, it's gunna' be yer ass!  And remember, when you die in this bitch' there ain't no coming back..."  Ronin had to give his buddy some tough love.  After all, he was right.  This game was serious and even though they were doing some low level quest right now, it wouldn't be long before they were going up against some tougher opponents that might very well kill them if they weren't focused.

"Anyway, I know of a cave nearby, so let's go find that bat wing!"  Ronin waved his hand, hoping his comrade would follow despite the lecture he had just given him.

"Whatever, boars I can handle, but plucking ass crack hair from a llama should be a boss level quest in my opinion... But yeah, lead the way." Caspar said to Ronin as he kept his serious expression etched on his face. As he began to follow his friend through the city street and out of the city, he also began to wonder if limestone would be in this cave as well. If they were lucky enough, they would be able to kill two birds with one stone that way. The llama however was going to be the hard one to find, Caspar didn't even know where they should start looking for one. 

As Ronin lead his friend up the familiar hillside, his boots trudging along the beaten pathway that lead to the cave, he sparked up another ciggy and puffed on it.  He peeked back at his comrade, knowing the guy was going to make a fine Alchemist, whenever he got his shop up and running and all that jazz.  For now, they just had to make it through this little quest and collect these materials.  "Right... here we are," he announced as they reached the little cave in the hillside.  Ronin poked his head inside, blowing a large plume of tobacco smoke into the cave entrance.  "Looks clear, let's go find a bat."

ID# 54362 results:

Loot: 4

Edited by Ronin

After reaching the cave's entrance, Caspar stood next to Ronin as he peered into the cave as well. With his arms folded across his chest, Caspar squinted a bit as he tried his best to see how far back into the cave he could actually see. Neither he or Ronin saw anything suspicious or life threatening and they both decided to go into the dark depths. As he walked inside he could hear his black in color boots connect against the cave's hard stone floor. As he continued forward, he kept his eye's peeled and his ears open for any sign what so ever of a bat. He just wanted to get this damn quest over with.  

ID# 54368

Battle: 10  Craft: 2  Loot: 13  MOB: 5

Edited by Caspar