[PP-F1] Making Introductions (Allania)

Gaster walked through the Starting City, his eyes wandering over many things at a steady pace. He pondered over the many things he saw, curious about this, that and more. Gaster was very conscious of his surroundings, making sure not to bump into anyone as he went on his way. He found that the things he was looking at did not inspire him, but instead fueled his imagination, pushed forward the cogs that powered his daydreams. He would find himself getting lost in them, and would quickly reclaim himself before making a mistake. "This game is quite the curiosity." he thought to himself. "If only it were aiding me like my friend said it would."

Allania had been out walking in the Town of Beginning. It felt like she had been here for years now, but it was less than a month in actuality. As she wandered she was looking up to the sky, blissfully unaware of the people around her. Allania used her peripheral vision to avoid the NPC's and players, weaving between those in the streets. The sky was bright today. The Sun was high, glimpsing through the cloud cover, the Sun burning bright through them. It was as beautiful as ever, no matter how often she gazed at the sky she never got tired of looking up once again at the azure heavens above.

Gaster gaze had been attracted to an odd shape in the ground. Out of curiosity, he knelt down to get a closer look at it. While he was distracting himself with the pattern in the ground, someone had bumped into him. He quickly stood up, suddenly very flustered, to see who it was. When Gaster stood, he saw a young girl, perhaps a few years his junior, standing in front of him. His head sunk and he linked his hands together. He began to play with his thumbs trying to search for a way to start a conversation, any way to start one. However, after all his flustered thinking, he was only able to muster a few, meek words. "G... Good day, madam." he said, hardly able to get the words out.

As Allania walked she bumped into something. Unlike her his eyes were fixated on the ground below him. He had been out of her peripheral vision, having been crouched down to the ground. When he stood up he towered over the girl, a full head taller. Hearing his quiet introduction Allania put on a warm smile,  welcoming face. "I'm sorry for walking into you" she said kindly "I didn't see you down there and was not paying attention to where I was going. I'm Allania by the way, may I ask for your name?", all the while craning her net to look at the face of the person she had accidentally met. 

Gaster gave Allania a small bow. "That's quite alright." He said quietly. Gaster tried hard to make eye contact with Allania, but he was too nervous. He quickly gave her a small smile, and moved his gaze to the ground. "M-my name is Gaster." He looked back at Allania and bowed again. "A pleasure." he said, quickly looking away, a bit ashamed of himself. He tried desperately to think of a subject to discuss. Perhaps the things he'd seen today? How The day had been going? Perhaps how her day had been going? There was nothing wrong with asking that. Just when Gaster was about to ask a question, or mention any of the things he would have tried to discuss, his eyes darted up towards the sky, and his thoughts were focused on how it looked. "It's a peculiar shade of blue today." he said, mostly to himself.

The player in front of her seemed to be quiet. very quiet. She had to strain her ears just to make out what he was saying over the bustle of sound from the daily activity around them. Even so a few words were lost to background murmur, from what she did hear though she found out his name was Gaster and something about a peculiar shade. He must be referring to the sky, she thought, noting how he had looked up at the sky as he spoke. "Mmm, it is a bit different today, but I like it. And you don't have to be so nervous, say whatever you want, I shall try my best to help. If help is what you need that is."

Gaster raised his head and looked at Allania. He stared at her for a moment, then looked at the ground, raising his scarf over his mouth to hide the small small he was making. "Thank you, Madam. I'll make note of that for future reference." after a moment of smiling to himself, he lowered his scarf and looked towards Allania, but not directly at her. He placed a hand over his heart and the other at his elbow. "How has your day been?" he asked, feeling a bit more comfortable asking.

He still seemed somewhat bashful nut he seemed to be warming up to her. "My day has been fine thank you. The weather is wonderful, a true testament to the creator of this world. Today I was able to craft many an item. I'm a tailor you see, so I can make clothing, light armour, plushies, etc. This dress for example is one such item. It was one of my first" the last bit she said proudly, pulling out the hem of the dress, as if she were to perform a curtsy.

The day was still young, the Sun may be high in the sky but it was not yet noon on this floor, unlike some above them that could be twilight or night even. They all varied so much. But as it was still day here she thought she should make use of it, "Why don't we go and do something? The day is bright and the Sun is still yet to peak, we should have plenty of time before night falls". Slightly worried that she sounded a bit demanding Allania waved her hands out in front of her "You don't have to though. Not at all. It's just a suggestion".

Gaster looked at the dress Allania was wearing and smiled. "It's very lovely..." he said, slightly averting his gaze. He started to feel more comfortable around her. He thought over her request to do something. He wasn't sure if he wanted to, but he was more than sure that he would have liked to. "Um... W-what did you have in mind?" he asked, making a little bit more eye contact than before. Gaster was deathly nervous, but he felt that this was an opportunity to be friendly with someone, and perhaps make a friend after a long while.

He seemed to keep on coming out of his shell, ever so slowly getting more comfortable. It was nice to see. "Well, I don't really know. We could wander about the Town? we could go to a park and settle down on a bench? we could go out into the surrounding plains and go hunting? We could even go up some floors. There is a lot of possibility, so it's best not to rush about, to take your time and enjoy it. We are trapped here after all". That was certainly true, its not as if they could leave this world any time soon, they had not even made it to the heights of Floor 20, so there was no rush. There was plenty of time to see and explore this world, to take it all in and accept it.

Gaster put his hands together by the tips of his fingers and began pushing them to and from each other. "They all sound like quite lovely ideas... except for hunting... I don't really like fighting all that much." he said, looking at the ground as though he were ashamed of his pacifistic ways. Truly, he was not ashamed of himself. If being a pacifist was who he was, then he wasn't really ashamed to be a pacifist. Although, someday it might mean the end of him. "Um... perhaps we could... wander for a bit?" he asked, smiling softly.

"Sure then. Let's just wander for a bit" a smile spreading on her face as she spoke. Allania led the way, walking slowly through the throng of passerby's. They walked nowhere in particular, opting instead to meander through the streets, aimless. As she walked Allania turned to Gaster "And don't worry about fighting, it is not essential in this world. You can become the strongest there is without touching an enemy. Though it does help when leveling" she admitted. "Is there any particular reason as to your dislike for fighting?" Allania asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Gaster shook his head slowly. He followed close behind Allania, trying not to fall behind or get lost. "I would prefer to make friends, rather than make enemies." he said, taking a few glances at every random thing that would catch his attention every now and then. "What about you, Madam Allania? Do you find joy in fighting?" he asked, a little curious but at the same time not wanting an answer. He narrowly looked off to the side, all the while keeping his eyes on Allania. so he wouldn't lose sight of her.

"That is a fair philosophy" Allania stated, nodding in respect at the players stance on fighting. "I myself find enjoyment in fighting the NPC's of this world, I would never dream of fighting a player unless it was a duel for show, or to save others. The only reason I really find enjoyment from the fights are the thrill of it. Two wills colliding, interacting, performing a deadly dance with one another, partners. It is quite beautiful at times and tragic when a fight is won. But it is the two wills colliding, two different view points clashing against one another that makes it have any iota of worth to me". It was a fancy speech, Allania had to admit that to herself. She just hoped that it portrayed her feelings on the matter, that he would be able to see the fights through her eyes like she could through his. His was a simpler view, but one that was just as valid. 

Gaster nodded. "Likewise, that is fair." he said, quickly stopping to pick up a unique stone. He hastened his pace to catch up with Allania a small bit, then returned to his slow pace. He thought about the rapier in his inventory, and in turn, the inevitability that he would have to fight something sooner or later. He hoped that that time didn't come soon. Gaster thought over the small speech Allania gave for a moment. He thought it was truly a wonderful speech. Figuring it would do some good to not be quiet the whole time, he decided to say something. Anything would do. "I've found that things with an obtuse shape have a harder time rotating in an apparatus then regularly shaped objects." he said while looking at the stone he picked up. The stone was oddly shaped which was partly what made him think of such a thing.

Allania smiled. He seemed to understand what she meant, or was at least accepting of it, regardless of which it was nice to see him nod in response. Allania listened to what the play said, but she could not make sense of it, it was certainly English but she could not understand it. "I'm sorry, I did not quite grasp that. What do you mean by obtuse and apparatus?" Allania asked honestly, hoping that she had caused no offence to the player who walked besides her. Seeing that his gaze was elsewhere, she tried to see what he was looking at. A rock? she thought, when did he pick that up? Or did he just carry it around with him? Going in she asked "Where did you find that stone?", simply without a hint of malice.

Allania smiled. He seemed to understand what she meant, or was at least accepting of it, regardless of which it was nice to see him nod in response. Allania listened to what the play said, but she could not make sense of it, it was certainly English but she could not understand it. "I'm sorry, I did not quite grasp that. What do you mean by obtuse and apparatus?" Allania asked honestly, hoping that she had caused no offence to the player who walked besides her. Seeing that his gaze was elsewhere, she tried to see what he was looking at. A rock? she thought, when did he pick that up? Or did he just carry it around with him? Going in she asked "Where did you find that stone?", simply without a hint of malice.

Gaster looked up at Allania from the stone, a look of surprise on his face. Then he looked back at the stone. "Oh, this," he said, weighing the stone in his hand. "I found this a short while ago. I picked it up because it piqued my curiosity." he said holding out the stone. Indeed, the stone was oddly shaped. The stone also had a smooth texture to it, and had the look of Jupiter. "Truly a peculiar stone. Like a planet, deformed and shrunken down by some anomalous force." he said, leaving himself in momentary silence by the wonder of it.

Gaster thought back on Allania's questioning of his mention of an apparatus. "Oh, right. I used to be an inventor," he said, pocketing the stone. "Well, I still am. a friend of mine suggested this game for me to try and get inspiration from it. I only hope that their kindness was not unjust." His head sunk a little, a slightly sorrowful smile on his face.

"Your curiosity?" she asked "That's a nice reason for doing something" she said quietly, mostly to herself as she nodded her head in agreement. "Personally, I don't see it myself, but then again, we all see the world differently" she said, having peered at the stone before shrugging her shoulders and continuing. "An inventor? That sounds like it would have been fun, attempting to put the ideas within your head into the world around yourself." she noted "And this is a wonderful place to gain inspiration" she said, a sigh of admiration escaping between her lips, to her this was a beautiful world, "It is a shame that you will be less able to do as you could in the previous world. I don't know personally how able this world is capable of handling inventors trying to tinker, or if it is even possible" her voice solemn

Gaster nodded slowly. "Indeed. It is truly a shame that I am unable to continue my craft, at least as far as I know." he said, looking up to the sky. "... Indeed, a peculiar shade of blue..." he thought. Suddenly, it crossed his mind how comfortable he was around Allania. He didn't feel nervous, or all too shy. Albeit he was still shy, however he felt that he was not quite as so now as when he first met her. Gaster was happy he was able to hold a conversation with her. He always enjoyed human interaction, but he was never able to get enough of it. He smiled, eyes shut and beaming with happiness. A look that showed he was content. "Perhaps something will come along that will allow me to properly apply my craft." he said, breathing out his thoughts.