[PP-F4] The Crescent Moon Rises

"Get down!" shouted Gerald as the towering beast of a creature swung its icy club toward the hunting party. As Gerald pointed Lycan and company toward a safe direction, his avatar vanished under the heft of the <Abomination>'s club. A dash of digital glitter marked the last of Gerald's life in this world, and the next.

The shock alone from the blow blasted Lycan to his back. Harbinger wrested from his grip and slid beneath the snow. The teen winced from the force, but forced himself to his knees and scrambled to find his sword. Like a blind kid looking for his glasses, he feverishly dashed his hands through the snow in hopes of finding the familiar feel of cold steel. With a bright shine of fortune in his eyes, his fingers kissed the hilt of his blade and he lifted it from the porcelain powder. Triumphant in his success, he neglected to see the lumbering mass of anger and fur behind him.

"Come on! We have to go!" shouted an unknown voice. Moments later, Lycan's collar jerked him forward and into a staggered sprint. One of the many in the hunting party pulled him from his kneel and just in the nick of time. Another ground shaking thud resounded behind him, the force again throwing off his balance, but not enough to floor him. As his legs carried him in the same direction he was pulled, Lycan noticed others fled in the direction with him.

"Hurry! If we can make it to that cave, we might be able to ditch them!" someone shouted.

"Them?! There's more than one!" Lycan worried, taking just a brief moment to look over his shoulder. Sure enough, one had become three. As they gave pursuit, stragglers to the pack were swatted away like rag dolls. Those who were less resilient either shattered to digital ash on impact or as their bodies collided with cliffside, tree, or unfortunately placed boulder. The teen's heart pounded. He knew he was too low a level to handle the forth floor, but this gathering party expressly tried to avoid conflict. Today was not their day.

"Damn! The weather is changing!" Lycan heard someone else cry.

"A blizzard?" another asked.

"I don't know, but it looks bad, hurry!"

Lycan reverted his attention forward and maintained his sprint. The darkness against the white of the cliffside indicated the opening of the cave's mouth.

"I can see it!" Lycan cried out, pushing himself to move faster.

As they closed the gap, the thundering footsteps of the <Abominations> grew faint. He and the others hooked, slide, and dove into the safety of the cave. Everyone scrambled to the nearest form of cover. Still near the mouth of the cave, Lye took a moment to peek out at their pursuers. To his surprise... they were gone.

And replaced by a rolling wall of threatening ice and snow.

Lycan's hazel eyes widened and he ducked back into cover just as the malestrom swept past the opening. The chill and brute force of the wind buffeted him, sending him staggering backward into the cave. As a result of its natural fury, Lycan witnessed his HP drop four points.

"It's an environmental effect," he mumbled to the others. "We can't go out there or it'll kill us."

"We'll have to wait it out," another replied, opening their menu to produce several logs of firewood and a starter. He klacked the flint against the stone and lit the tinder. With a few chestfuls of breath, the fire took.

Everyone who had made it piled toward the warmth of the flame, Lycan included. He looked up at the unfamiliar faces gathered around and noticed only a fraction of their hunting party had made it. Hopefully others had made it or straggled behind. Silently, he drowned himself in the thoughts of worry and despair. Only the crackle of the fire and howl of the storm broke the silence.

The harsh sound of ringing filled Hydra's ears, his vision was blurry. One moment he had been witnessing a hunting party from the top of a snowy bank, the next he was hurtled into the side of a cliff. "Urgh..." He rubbed his head slowly, the ringing sound slowly merged into the sound of cries and screaming, his vision slowly returned to a sight of mass destruction. The hunting group was scattered all over, the Brunette could only watch as watch as several members were butchered. One man's head crushed entirely under a Abominations foot.

"Wh...what is that?" Hydra's body froze, his lips began to tremble and his skin went ice white, the only life in him was the color of his blue-gray eyes. "What on earth is going on..." His voice was fragile and timid, he had never witnessed anything like this. The spearman was far away from the massacre to remain safe, but he had felt the sheer force of the shock waves and all he could do was helplessly watch. More of the creatures started emerging and after being bitten by his familiar he suddenly came too. "Where's Allania?". He darted looks around but could not see her. The snow had become harsh by this point, developing into a blizzard. "Dammit!" He cursed.

Hydra was helpless he couldn't find her... not in these conditions. The spearman began to stumble through the snow, his hand in front of him, half blinded and hearing nothing but the howling wind. The brunette lost his footing and the bank of snow beneath him gave way. The next thing he knew the spearman was tumbling down the cliff with the snow. In a last effort attempt he threw his body to the left, colliding with a rock his left leg instantly shattered but it was enough to stop himself from gaining momentum. Noticing a cave the young man began crawling. He couldn't walk, if this was reality he would be dead without a doubt. Gritting his teeth he moved into the cave. Somehow his familiar Twilight was fine, she stayed coiled around him, giving him comfort. The spearman saw several faces, possibly the few survivors of the hunting party.

- 15 HP

The whole hunting party trip had turned into a massacre in an instant. Nikodemus had signed up for the trip to provide some support and provide what he could from his shop and his own personal stores. He knew it would be hard for him at such a low level, but he needed to get better. He had to many promises to keep to people. As the <Abomination> had begun decimating many of their party, Nikodemus saw Lycan and Hydra through the corner of his eye and made a dash to keep up with them, grabbing another players arm in the rush and dragging him along towards the direction he saw Lycan and Hyrda in.

Panting hard against the snow and wind, Nikodemus and the other player ran as fast as they could. The screams and roars of the <Abomination> and the party echoed through the area around him and gave Nikodemus more drive to escape. After a couple steps, Nikodemus foolishly hazarded a glance behind him to see the large wooden club of the monster's come crashing through the trees. "NOOO! RUN!!!" Nikodemus yelled and tugged harder on the other players arm. Forcing himself through the snow faster Nikodemus tried to move at inhuman speeds, but it wasn't enough. He felt the swing before it made contact with the ground. A gust of air came from the opposite direction of the wind, and the sound of a whistling became a dull whoosh in his ears. When the club made contact, the earth shook beneath his feet and he was tossed into the air and sent crashing forward into the snow. The club had missed him, but the impact and fall hurt him. His HP dropped by 5 points after he had finally come to a skidding stop. Looking back, he saw the sparkling shimmer of pixelated data where he and the other player had been standing and realized to his horror the other player had been hit by the weapon.

Rage burned in Nikodemus, but he knew he could do nothing to this thing, and the weather was turning into a treacherous blizzard that he knew would be the death of him. Rising to his feet, Nikodemus pushed himself into a run again and began to weave through the trees for cover from the monster. Feeling his skin prickle from the sheering cold, Nikodemus felt a pang of worry as he ran. His armor would protect him from the brunt of the freezing effect, but some damage would slip through and hurt him. Coupled with the damage he took moments ago, he would have maybe 5 minutes to make it to shelter or die from the blizzard.

Running as fast and hard as he could, the sounds of combat behind him fading, Nikodemus felt the first hit of the element effect cut into him. His armor reduced it by some, but a good couple points of health dropped from his meter. Forcing his legs to move quicker despite the freezing numbness they felt, Nikodemus made his way forward and after a few minutes was rewarded with the sight of a cave. He felt another damage buff rip through him, and he grunted with the pain, his HP dropping a few points once again. Hurrying to reach the cave, he heard voices coming from within and was relieved to hear familiar ones from his hunting party. With one last push of effort, Nikodemus leapt from his feet and soared into the open caves mouth just before the next element damage buff hit him. Crashing to the ground and rolling, Nikodemus lay in a heap for a moment and then began to laugh. His HP meter sat just at the end of orange, and he had made it to safety.

"Who from our party made it to the cave? Who did we lose?"

Nikodemus: 5/16 HP

Allania had been sat by Hydra, idly watching as the hunting party was scurrying about in the snowdrifts below, fighting mob after mob, gathering resources and materials. The atmosphere shifted. Oh how it shifted. Like a  storm cloud covering the Sun the party was over. Out from the forest came some sort of creature, a behemoth unlike any she had ever seen. Even her travels to the floor that floated above their heads, to that desolate desert had not heralded a beast of this ferocity. Before she could even react she saw it, the creatures club fly through the air, making its target, a player disappearing underneath it. The familiar red fragments hanging in the air around it. Death. That was all that befell the character that had been struck, they had no chance. No chance to properly react, just like that the player was gone. Their life like dust on the wind. Her breath caught in her chest, she had not witnessed a death of a player before, it was just like the death of any other creature here. Everything was truly equal in this game.

Allania could not help herself, before she was even conscious of it she had covered a fair distance, flying over the snow and ice. Striding across the empty fields. She had long since left Hydra behind, her familiar was struggling to keep pace. Her dagger was in her hand, ready to strike at any creature that tried to intercept her. No mob nor NPC would slow her relentless run. Dashing through brush and bracken alike, Allania burst into where the incident had occurred, just in time to see all the players running, it was utter chaos. They seemed to be heading towards a cave, seeking sanctuary within its icy walls, out of reach of the  <Abomination> pursuing them. Not all the players had realised the plan, scurrying about like insects under a lifted log, being swatted one after another. The air was filled with them. The fractured polygons, floating in the air, hanging there, testament to the players who had been lost. It was needless death, they could have survived if only they were geared, if only they had come prepared for anything. It was too late for that now, she just had to help in any way she could.  

Spotting a player that she knew she headed towards him, heading towards Nikodemus who was beside another player. They were both running away but they were not fast enough. Out of the trees came another club. Another <Abomination> would soon be there. Allania stood there, watching as the club soared through the air towards the tow players. It was going to hit the last one. It would end him. Acting on instinct Allania rushed forward and shoved the layer out of the paths of the club. It had worked, she had saved them, but she had not saved herself. Diving to the side the Club hit her, halting her dive. She had made it out from under the clubs weight but just barely. When it had hit her her armour had crunched around her, trying its bet to protect the girl within, though it was not quite enough to save her from all harm like it normally did, much of the damage bleeding through to her pummeled body. Getting up she gasped and collapsed back to the floor, the pain coursing through her body was intense, arcing from limb to limb. The only reason she could carry on was the light squeals of Blaze, her small familiar trying to tug her along. With determination renewed she struggled to her feet, her body nearly numb with the pain and took off in the direction of the cave, picking up Blaze and carry him in her arms, hugging him. He had saved her life.

Snuggling Blaze tightly she ran for the cave. There were few of the hunting party left, having been whittled away quickly by the behemoths behind them. Allania made it to the cave, having out run the creatures and focusing solely on the survival of Blaze. To her that was all that mattered, so long as Blaze made it she would be fine. Placing Blaze gently to the ground she quickly collapsed to the ground, her breath as mist before her face, hanging there, just like those red pixels. She had not been able to do anything to help. Her dagger numb in her hand, she could barely feel it there. It had abandoned her, unclenching her tight hand the blade rolled from her grip, sinking slightly into the snow under it's weight. They had made it, just barely. The players around her had begun to move about in the cave, the outside was just a wall of white, a blizzard having taken the world outside into its icy embrace. It was a barrier that kept them there, none of them would survive out there alone for long, not with that storm and those creatures.

Sitting herself up, her breath once again steadying itself, Allania noted how they already had a fire going. Her body screaming as she got onto all fours first and finally her feet, her body shrieking at every movement. Pain fluctuated through her body as she stumbled stiffly towards the fire, looking out for anyone that she recognised.

Allania 19/52 HP | 13/13 Energy | 6 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Ratatosk saw the hunting group get destroyed by a trio of monsters, his eyes became red with the intent of killing. He unsheathed his blade from its scabbard and walked towards the trio. "So you three murdered these people?" The blonde stared at them intensely for a few seconds, then activated his sword art Lighting Fall blindly, "Burn in hell!" Before long, they all disappeared into pixels and he searched for where everyone else was. He came across a cave and looked at everyone with his arms crossed, "The monster is dead, but I don't recommend we go out now, there could be more."

ID# 55239

Battle 8 (5+2+1 (-1 Eva from mobs)

Ratatosk: 42/60 HP, 1/15 Energy

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skill) x 7 = 56 (56-10=46)

Abomination: -21/25 HP 15 DMG, 10 MIT, +3 THRN, +1ACC, -1 EVA, Dead

Edited by Ratatosk

It was long after I finished the the meeting with the pink haired girl. A group of a lot low level players was intended to rush into the snow desert and explore it secrets. I can't even remember the reason, but somehow I found myself walking with them in the wilderness. All I can remember was the the shouting of the players who encountered the horrible beast, after that everything was blacked out. 

I felt like I was being carried away by someone. The wind gave me it special touch, like a hundred beautiful snowing knives that pierced my skin while I lived. Near the one who carried me there was another one and they both whisper each other in fear. They talked about a huge disaster and the luck they had from been in the back of the raid on the first place. They now following the others footsteps, hoping to reach them, hoping to find someone else in this blizzard. Then a powerful scream filled the air, I felt that we a start to move faster when the screaming voice behind us. "He'll get us!" the one who carried me shout. "It's because you are too slow! hurry up!"

"I can't, he is too heavy!"

"So drop him, this guy is dead anyway. if you won't drop him none of us will make it!"

"...."

I felt the cold snow hit me as I stopped moving, then something big just passed above me. It's look like this thing didn't gave up on chasing them after all, the fact that they dropped me probably saved my life. The vision slowly came back to me as I pulled myself out from the pile of snow that I was stuck in, though it wasn't much different. I Moved from the black screen to the white one. I wondered in the snowy field for a while, but I couldn't see any other color except white. The weather became worse as the time passed, and I also notice that my HP is constantly dropping a bit every few minutes. I have to get out of here, I just promise to Yuki that she can't lose me, I can't lose myself now!

With that thought in mind I started running through the storm. I stopped to drink potion on the way and watch my HP gets up from the danger zone. I didn't know how much time it will give me. In the end I reached a massive ice wall that blocked my path. I cursed in silence and start to ran alongside it, one of my hands covered my face while the other followed the ice wall all the way. Then my right hand stopped feeling the wall, I turned wonderingly, to my surprise I discovered an empty cave. I quickly entered inside, leaned on the wall to catched my breath. All my clothes and my face was filled in snow. I got only 3 HP left. I looked around and notice to see that I'm not alone in this cave. A bunch of players was crowded around a small fire. Some of them looked really miserable. 

- HP Potion
3/24 HP | 6 EP | 4 DMG | 12 MIT | 2 EVA | 8-10 bleed t1

Edited by orhalimi

OOC Notes in Spoiler:

Spoiler

OOC:

Alright, moving forward, let me set some ground rules on the environmental effect. Per the forum rules environmental effects can only be negated by the Survival Extra skill. Considering most of us are in the lower echelon of levels, many of us will not have completed the Quest to earn that skill. That being said, here is the environmental effect:

Blizzard: Each post outside of shelter does [Character Level] Points of damage per post. For example, Lycan is level 6, he takes 6DMG per post. Allania is level 13, she takes 13DMG per post.

Setting: We are about 6 hours travel from the nearest safe zone. We were a hunting party of 4 teams of 4 or 16 players. In the fray, we lost four players and 3 are unaccounted for leaving us with 9. Of those, six of us are player characters and three NPCs. The NPC Players were the one that set the fire (Nikolai), the one who mentioned the change in weather (Jennet), and the one that asked if it was a blizzard (Itaro).

The point of the hunting party was to explore a tip from an info broker about a material rich crystal field only accessible through a ravine in the mountainside. The team was following mountainside looking for the ravine when a field boss event proc'ed. This is the blizzard and the minions known as <Abominations>. They are a higher level than most mobs for this floor and there may or maynot be a final encounter depending on our actions in this thread. The cave we are in was one the hunting party passed. It is uncharted from the info broker map data, but does go deeper than the cave mouth everyone is currently in. Where it leads to is unknown as well as what it contains.

Goal: The first and foremost goal of this thread is to test our teamwork and personalities. Lycan has a personal contact with an Info Broker and will provide data as they go along. While he is a lower level, he will act as a leading figure since the party lead was the one decimated in the first post (Gerald). Through this thread, I will evaluate your performances both by OC story crafting skills and IC character performance. Near the end of the thread (which may run more than a page or two) Lycan will throw out the idea of creating a guild with the players he grew closest to. That will begin the Crescent Moon.

Loot Rules: Since this is not a Staff Sanctioned quest or event, I cannot provide loot special from the norm. As a loophole, I will buy something from a merchant to work as the end thread loot and award accordingly. It will be a perfect and I will see if my contacts can help me out with the item. It will either be a drop we find in the end field or from the boss drop. For any other drops that occur, last hit keeps the loot. That being said, players are welcome to give their loot to someone else should they see fit ICly.

Player Stats: In your next posts, I want you to collect your stats and post them in a spoiler tag so I have data to work with to create our mob encounters and end fight. Once you post your stats, they cannot be changed and I will work with them from that point on. My signature is out of date, so I will post my stats at the bottom of this post.

Questions: If you have any questions, you should be in the Guild Chat PM chain. Please ask them there or send me a personal PM.

Let's have some fun. 

As he warmed his hands by the flame, Lycan's attention turned toward the opening of the cave. There, he witnessed one of the players from the other party crawling his way into the cave. The youth's eyes widened and he shot to his feet. Nikolai, a member of Lycan's team and one who lit the flame, looked up to see his comrade rush to the injured player.

"Hey, come on," the white-haired teen encouraged, briskly throwing Hydra's arm around his neck. "Let's get you inside. One of the others should have something to patch you up."

With his other arm wrapping around Hydra's torso, Lycan hoisted the player up and pulled him into the safety of the cave. One of Hydra's legs left prints in the snow as he struggled to walk normally, while the other created a groove in the fresh powder from its dead weight.

"Is it broken?" Lycan asked.

Before his colleague could reply, several more bodies emerged from the haze of ice and wind. A girl with blond hair staggered toward the fire, familiar tight in her grip. A male with brunette hair stumbled into the clearing, his body more snow than person. Lastly, a blonde with the grin of victory on his lips, declaring supremacy over the three <Abominations> that lead them to this grim turn of events.

"Thank you," Lycan commented toward their protector as he gently lay his injured charge near the flickering flame.

"Do we have any idea how long these blizzards last?" asked one of the female players who made it to the cave prior to the rest. Lye remembered her name as Jennete, a Wild Arts user who partied up with with the same squad as Gerald, their leader. "I hope Gerald is safe out there. We need to search for him."

"Don't bother," Lycan grimly added, his face washed of color from both the cold and recent events. "I saw him fall. He's gone."

"Gerald?! No, he can't!" Jennet exclaimed, rising to her feet.

"I saw it too," Nikolai added, rubbing his hands together in front of the fire.

"No..." Jennet fell to her rear, expression blank in shock.

"We had sixteen and now..." Lycan took a head count of the survivors, some in worse shape than others. "We're down to nine. I saw Gerald, Hotaru, and Kenny go down."

"Kenny?! They killed Kenny?!" Itaro, a katana user asked. He wasn't one of Lycan's party members, but he knew the dark haired boy to be quite skilled as a DPS. Kenny, well, Kenny was a tank. Itaro gripped his face with his hand and took a deep breath. "Those bastards..." he muttered, muffled by his palm.

"So, what d'we do now?" Nikolai asked, his stoic and expressionless features directed toward Lycan.

The swordsman looked to his injured teammate as he settled himself.

"First, he needs something to mend his legs. We need to treat our injuries," Lycan commented.

"I got something," Nikolai replied as menus began to divide him from the rest of the group. In front of Hydra, a trade prompt appeared for a perfect tier one health potion.

"It'll get you extra health, but the leg should mend over a few posts. Unless anyone has something else to remove the <crippled> status?" Nikolai continued, looking around.

The others shook their heads quietly.

"That should be more than enough," Lycan continued. "Like he said..."

The swordsman nodded toward the blonde who slayed the beasts.

"There might be more out there and that blizzard has us pinned. We'll need to wait it out. Could be a few minutes, could be hours, could be days. I'll ask my contact what he knows about the weather here."

Lycan produced his menus and drafted a message to a contact named Axios. He met him in his first few weeks in Aincrad. Their initial meeting started on less than stellar terms, but after their run in with Lye's Beast Mark, Axios proved an invaluable resource for information. It helped to have a member of the Info Broker Guild on your friend's list.

"We'll recoup our HP and decide what to do then. Thanks for the fire by the way," Lycan added, sending the IM and closing out his interface.

"No problem," Nikolai retorted.

"How're you doing?" Lycan directed toward Hydra, who had hopefully gathered himself by now.

Spoiler

Lycan:
Level 6
HP: 24/24
EN: 6
DMG: 5 (1Base + 2Weapon + 2Skill)
ACC: +2
EVA: +3
MIT: +9

Weapon: Harbinger [+2 DMG] (OHSS) - Rank 2 
Armor: Blood Wolves' Cloak (LA) [+2 EVA +9 MIT], The Alpha's Maw (Charm) [+2 ACC, +1 EVA]

Items At Ready:
1 Beast Blood Elixir [+3 DMG Potion]
Grips of the Twin Wolves (HA Gauntlets) [+3 Unarmed Damage]

Sword Arts
Rank 1: One-Handed Straight Sword Arts
Slant - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing diagonally.
Vertical - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing vertically.
Horizontal - 1x1 - AoE - (2 Energy) - A simple sword art slashing horizontally in a wide area.
Uppercut – 1x2 - Stun - (4 Energy) - A simple sword art delivering an uppercut.
Rage Spike - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A basic, weak skill that leaps at the enemy and follows with an upward strike.
Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - A pair of brisk angular slashes chained in succession.

Rank 2: One-Handed Straight Sword Arts
Sonic Leap - 1x3 - (3 Energy) - A charge-type sword art that allows the user to leap at their enemy to deal a downward strike.
Vertical Arc - 2x2 - (4 Energy) - A simple two-hit sword art that form a "V" pattern.
Horizontal Square – 4x1 - Stun - (7 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a rhombus.
Vertical Square - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - A mid-level sword art that traces the shape of a square.

As Hydra crawled his way into the cave, feelings of sickness and pain rushed through him. His head was still spinning and the next thing he knew he had been rested down against a fire. The spearman heard muffled voices, he caught sight of maybe 6 or so players before drifting in and out of consciousness. After several minutes he finally came too. The first thing he saw was a player with white hair asking if his leg was broken. "What... my leg?" He said in bewilderment.

As he looked down the first thing he saw was the ankle, it was badly twisted and half had vanished into particles, the rest of his leg was battered and bruised. Hydra looked at it for a moment, wondering if it really was his own. The cold had made him go numb so he couldn't feel much pain either. "Haha I think it's a little broken... thank you for the help". It sent him into shock a little that he could give such a friendly response after seeing what his own leg looked like. "At least im alive" He mumbled to himself, his thoughts cast back to the attacks from the <Abominations>.

Hydra tried to stand up at this point only to quickly fall back down again, a trade message popped up from Nikolai. "Ah thank you..." Before accepting Hydra looked towards Lycan and Nikolai, stretching out his hand towards them both he gave a sad smile "My name is Hydra, im sorry about what happened to your friends. It was awful". His head was still spinning but he quickly remembered the potion he had obtained a while ago on the first floor. "Don't worry about giving me that, my armor helps me to regenerate wounds". At this point Lycan had asked him how he was, "I'll live" He responded, "How are you?"

Whilst he spoke the spearman looked up from his foot to the other survivors he noticed Allania. His anxiety quickly vanished and his hope begun to rise, only then did he see the condition she was in. Lunging forward he stood up only to floor face down on the cave's floor. His gaze averted to Nikolai and Lycan "Please... I think she could use the potion". Hydra remained calm but there was certainly hints of alarm and desperation in his voice and facial expression. He felt helpless as he watched next to the fire, whilst his own armor patched him up.

ID# 55342 results:

Craft: 8

Spoiler

Hydra - Level 16

HP - 64/64 HP [Current: 51/61] <<Crippled effect lowers MAX hp by 3>>

EN: 16/16 [Current: 10/16]

DMG: 7 [1+4 rank + 2 enhancements]

EVA: 3

MIT: 18

RGN: 9

ITEMS: Daydreamers Light (+3 EVA), Water serpent's armor (+ 2 MIT, +1  RGN), Lightning Strike (+ 2 DMG spear)

Other skills: <<Concentration>> + 1 BD (5 turn post cooldown)

Sword Art (1H spear): Rank 3

Rank 1

Passive

The effectiveness with which a player can use one-handed piercing Spear type weapons. (Example: Javelin, Iklwa)

Focused Strike - 1x1 - (1 Energy) - A basic starter skill which thrusts at the opponent.

Snake Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - Two high speed thrusts aimed at the neck.

Haymaker - 1x2 - AoE - (4 Energy) - A skill where the spear sweeps with strength across a wide area.

Maiming Blow - 2x1 - Stun - (5 Energy) - A skill that targets the user's legs with two consecutive thrusts

Rank 2

Triple Barrage - 3x1 - (3 Energy) - A mid-tier sword art that targets the opponent's vitals.

Hurricane - 4x1 - AoE - (8 Energy) - Twirls the pole-arm and slices four times across a wide area.

Rank 3

Soul Pierce - 1x5 - (5 Energy) - A heavy-hitting sword art that strikes at the opponent's heart.

Tribal Fury - 3x2 - AoE - (12 Energy) - The spear is wildly swung around in a wide area, seemingly uncontrollably to the opponents.

Rank 4

Dragonfly cutter - 4x2 (8 energy)

Forceful attack - 1x7 stun (10 energy)

First Aid - Rank 1

Post Action

Effect: Heal (4 x X)% health on CD rolls of 7+ (X=Rank Level)

Description: Heal a target for amounts of health in battle. Cannot be used on yourself. The amount recovered is (4 x Rank Level) % of the targets max HP. It is affected by Combat Craft enhancement.

Edited by Hydra

When Khrysaor first joined the hunting party, he was all up for it. At first, he thought this would be his chance to finally get to know some of the other players within the game, and was told it was not going to be that dangerous, even if it was going to be on the 4th floor. Khrysaor knew he did not have the stats needed to go up that high. One of the players in the hunting party convinced him that it would be a good chance to gain experience and some good loot. Even though, he had some reservations of going. He still hoped he was of some help with the group he joined. He could not let the chance go by, so Khrysaor decided he would go with the others.

The day was going so good in Khrysaor's opinion, the party had made quite the distance in just a few hours. Khrysaor was lagging behind the hunting party a bit, because he was getting tired and was not used to the climate and walking in the deep snow was hard. Slowly, as time passed a snow storm started to pick up, causing visibility to decrease. This in turn made Khrysaor even slower, causing him great difficulty to catch up to the group. Khrysaor lost sight of the group within the storm, but still he pushed forward.

Until, he heard loud screaming coming from the distance. Knowing something had gone terribly wrong, Khrysaor picked up the pace, and by the time he caught up to the group, he noticed how everyone was utterly disorganized, and running for there lives from a group of hideous looking monsters. The monsters were holding clubs and waving them around on fellow party members. The scene in front of him was so distracting that, he did not notice the monster that was behind him, and was swinging it's club down on him till the last second. Khrysaor saw the club, and he dived to the side. Only getting a mild scrape from the weapon. His HP bar dropped a bit, and with that knew he stood no chance against this beast. Khrysaor was lying face down on the ground, he tried to dig himself out of the snow. The monster charged at Khrysaor this time with it's club raised high above its head. Khrysaor who was still stuck in the snow knew this was it, he will not be able to survive this next attack. When the club was descending on him he closed his eyes waiting for his death to come. Before, he got hit he heard a loud , "Burn in hell!" in the distance. Khrysaor, opened his eyes and with great relief saw the monster that was going to kill him disintegrate. He looked around for his savior, but could not see anyone with the snowstorm. He frowned and thought, 'I was hoping to thank the person who saved me.'

It took another few minutes for him to get his bearing. Khrysaor went in search for someone who was still alive. Khrysaor started to notice his HP bar was going lower the longer he stayed within the blizzard and knew it was because of the environmental effects going into play. He needed to find shelter and quick. Khrysaor noticed a rocky formation up ahead, so he quickly neared it and saw a opening. He could see there was a faint orange-reddish light coming from within the opening. As Khrysaor got to the entrance of the cave, he saw that the light was a fire burning and all around it were some of the party members, who were trying to get warm and heal themselves. Not wanting to stay outside any longer, Khrysaor went in and sat beside the fire. He leaned his sore body back against the wall hoping to regain some HP and sighed in relief. 'I made it out of that alive. I can't believe it but it happened. Luck was truly on my side today,' thought Khrysaor.

5/12 HP

Spoiler

STATS

LEVEL 3

HP: 12/12

ENERGY: 3

DAMAGE: 1

MITIGATION: 0

Sitting in the cave watching the entrance, he noticed more people from the hunting party teams entering. He counted off 3 players he didn't know who were helping, a young lady he was sure was named Allania, Orhalimi, a gent he had never met, Ratatosk, a firey youth he had spent some time with, and Khrysaor, another gent he wasn't familiar with were the main ones he knew. Lycan and Hydra were behind him in the cave already and began to speak with the 3 unknown players. Nikodemus listened half-heartedly to them as he counted off the people entering the cave and watched the blizzard roar violently around their shelter.

After a moment, Nikodemus stood and moved closer to Lycan and Hydra. He sat down beside them and waited to hear what information they may have got from the 3 people and what the next plan of action would be. His face was paler than normal and he was worried that the blizzard would not stop, or worse, they'd have to go out in it. He knew he wouldn't live long in the blizzard even with his armor. Looking to Lycan, the de facto leader with Geralds death, Nikodemus spoke quietly. "So, what do we know about this blizzard? And how do we get home?"

Spoiler

Nikodemus:

Lvl: 4

16/16 HP

Energy: 4/4

Damage: 3

MIT: 30 (3+9+18)

Thorns: 14 (7+7)

Regen: +9 on CD of 6 or higher.

ACC: +1 BD

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Ratatosk looked around and saw all the injured, "[censored]! I should've been here earlier..." He unsheathed his Anneal Blade and looked at the tip of it, "I don't think we can get back to town now, that blizzard will kill us in around a couple of minutes since it deals a fourth of our health in damage. Those abominations are dead, but I don't know if there are more." The blonde looked around and noticed a few people he knew, one was Nikodemus and the other two were Allania and Orhalimi. "As soon as the blizzard is gone, we should find shelter closer to town, a couple of people who can survive out there should form our search party. Anyone with the survival skill stand up."

Spoiler

Ratatosk

Lvl: 19

46/76 HP

Energy: 2/19

Damage: 8

MIT: 18

ACC: +2 BD

EVA: -2 MD

Edited by Ratatosk

I leaned against the wall to pant, I ran a long distance and barely made it. Then I slowly collapsed to sitting, lowered my head and closed my eyes. The pictures became stronger in front of my eyes, I don't remember what happen but I'm terrified. Every Time, it remind me more faces of dead people, people that I never met before. I didn't know they are dead yet, I just felt it.  I looked around. So much players...they are so noisy. And they talked and talked, talked without end about how they gets here and how to get out. shut up. Just shut up!  They are going to dive me crazy, I puts my hands around the ears but it didn't help! they didn't stopped talking and my head was screaming in pain! 

"Do you need any any help" I heard another female voice come toward me in the cave. The voice sound like she is coming closer  "No....I'm ok. just leave me alone" I wasn't ok, and it's definitely didn't fools her. "Are you sure?" Jennet ask, I heard her coming closer. She is not letting go. THat was so annoying, I sweared  I will do anything to keep her off me.  "Yes, I'm sure just...leave me a.." she cut my sentence "You know, everyone of us lose someone. If you will just.." I didn't heard the next part, all want her is to leave me. Shut up. shut up shut up shut up. Just go back to your group and leave me be. I felt a soft hand on my shoulder "Leave me alone!"  

I pushed my hand forward, than I heard something hits the ground strongly. Her voice stopped. I didn't care what it was, as long as it made her stop talking.

Edited by orhalimi

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply)

Allania was stumbling towards the fire, pain coursing through the body from the blow that she had received. It had been a devastating hit and would have almost killed her if it were not for her armour. Even though it had been a destructive blow for her, if it had hit the player she had shunted out of the way they would have surely died. So regardless of her pain Allania had a small bubble of happiness in her heart, knowing that that player was able to live on, even if just for a short while longer. 

Nearing the fire Allania plopped herself to the ground, letting out a groan as pain once again arced through her body when it hit the hard unrelenting ice beneath her. From where she sat she had a good spot to observe those that had survived. It was not nearly as many as the hunting party had started with but she was just glad this many had survived. Allania was not paying attention to the faces, just the numbers, the faces could come later as she was sure that Hydra would have been able to protect himself. Allania then stuck out a weak arm, gesturing for Blaze, her small familiar, to come on over. In response to which the little Boar came over in a bubbling manner, bouncing about in joy that he had been called to. When he was within arms reach Allania picked him up, holding him in both arms above her, looking him over before cuddling him tight to her chest, assured that he was okay. While cuddling him Allania felt his wet little nose nuzzle against her neck, acting like a pain killer. The pain just washing away from her body, the relief flowing out from the spot he had touched, looking at her health gauge it had moved out of the orange and back into the green. For now she was safe. 

With her head cleared from the pain it was time for faces. To see who had survived, to see if anyone she knew was there. Allania had not known who was in the hunting party at the beginning, so she did not know for the faces to look for. For the faces that should have been. What she did see however were a few faces she recognised, making a mental list, Okay so there's: Rowan, Hydra, Ratatosk and Nikodemus. Apart from that she could not recognise any of the others, to her for the time being they became faceless figures, her attention solely on those that she knew.

First was Hydra, he seemed to be relatively okay, his ankle was injured, twisted and malformed but that was a small injury. The others seemed just as battered, though their injuries were superficial, just a few red pixelated  gashes covering their body. The exception to this otherwise flawless observation was Ratatosk. He seemed to be mostly unharmed, only a few injuries here and there which she could only presume were from the weather effects.

There was so much going on in the cave, different people were trying to organise things, she did not know who to respond to first. The answer however when Rowan's voice cut over the others, shouting to be left alone. Allania jerked her head around just in time to see him push another player backwards, her falling to the ground in front of him. The girl seemed to have a shocked face on, like she was trying to help but had been rejected. Physically ejected from her attempts. Sighing, Allania got to her feet and slowly approached him, sitting down in front of him a short distance away. Far enough away to not be imposing but close enough to make it clear she was there to talk to him. "Hey there Rowan" she said softly, her voice quiet but clear, so that it would pierce through the throng of voices and reach his ears. She then sat there, crosslegged, waiting to see how he would respond. If he would respond.

Allania 37/60 HP | 15/15 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR 

Spoiler

Allania:
Level  18
HP: 72/72
EN: 18
DMG: 8 (1Base + 3Weapon + 4Skill)
MIT: +18
THR: +7

Weapon: Dagger tooth[+3 DMG] (OHD) - Rank 4 
Armor: Boarhide Bodice (LA) [+18 MIT +7 THR], Encouragng Bracers (LA) [+7THR, +2 Savvy]

Items At Ready:

- First of Zandrar (dress, +2 LD)

- x1 +27 mitigation potion

- x1 +2DMG potion

- x5 +10 HP potion

Skill:

-Concentration

-One handed dagger (rank 4)

Sword Arts

RANK 1

Armor Pierce - 1x1 - Stun - (4 Energy) - A standard thrust with the dagger.

Side Bite - 2x1 - (2 Energy) - Two quick forward slashes.

Round Accel - 2x1 - AoE - (4 Energy) - Swing the blade circular, creating small tempests of air.

RANK 2

Tri Pierce - 3x1 - (3 Energy) - Three angular thrusts in the shape of a triangle.

Fad Edge - 4x1 - (4 Energy) - A swift four-strike skill that strikes the opponent four times in rapid succession.

RANK 3

Infinite - 5x1 - (5 Energy) - A five-hit skill that traces an angular infinity symbol.

Shadow Stitch - 3x2 - (6 Energy) - A slice followed by two consecutive roundhouse kicks.
(MA) Sonic Resonance - 2x3 - Stun - (9 Energy) - A reverse-grip slash angled across the target's chest, followed by a concussive spinning hook kick to the target's head that stuns them.

RANK 4

Starlight Splash - 7x1 - (7 Energy) - A high-speed thrusting sword art that strikes seven times in rapid succession.

Cross Edge - 2x4 - (8 Energy) - Two consecutive slashes that form a cross.

Edited by Allania

They don't leave me, they never will. In the darkness that surrounded me the real voices fads away and the imaginary ones tooks places. I could hear the girl said something in return before the black swallow her too. "Marisa..." I said, her name pop on my lips as I remembered the black and white women helped me once.  " Kazu.." couldn't remembered is full name, but he also helped me too. 

Heard another player came toward me, what they want? I put my hand on the hilt. I swear that if they will came any closer I will chop them off. 
 "Hey there Rowan", I heard a familiar voice. I raised my eyes and saw Allania in front of me, she looked so relaxed comparing to everyone else around here. For a second the darkness pushed sideways and I could saw her clearly. "Allania....what are you doing here?" a real concern filled my eyes, the react was different from the last time I saw her. Then I notice Itaro walking toward us firmly, the player who shout that someone killed his friend. It seems like he know the girl that I pushed before because he came to lecture about it. But from his voice it sounds like he is made about something else.

"Hey you! what's your problem? Do you want to pick a fight or something! The girl only asked if you are ok, you should..." I didn't heard the rest of his sentence, but it was enough. The darkness came as it went. I stand up and turned toward the annoying player, I could feel the hunger burning my skin. I will kill you, I will kill everyone of you!  I could only saw him in my eyes while everything else blued away. I putted my hand on the hilt "you should have left me alone after you saw what happened to your friend" I said in anger. 

A sharp metal noise filled the cave as I pulled out my sword.

The cave became an orchestra of voices. Some tried to huddle together to discuss a plan of action, others nursed their wounds, yet the most racket came from behind. Lycan turned toward the commotion, a player which had gathered the attention of several in his delirium.  Worst off, the situation seemed to have escalated. Sword drawn, the boy hissed a word of warning toward Itaro while Jennet pushed herself from the cave wall she had been shoved into. Meanwhile, the injured girl Hydra mentioned tried to help.

Lycan felt the situation deteriorating. Of all places and times for this nonsense.

"Hey!" Lycan shouted, his voice deep and fierce. He shot from his seat around the fire and Harbinger hummed from its sheath as the swordsman closed the gap. Lycan placed himself between Orhalimi and the others and motioned his arm out to keep them at bay. With his grip firm and brow lowered in anger, Lycan prepared for the worst.

"Stand down this second!" Lycan warned. "This isn't the time nor the place! Sheath your sword or be driven out into the storm!"

"Lycan..." Jennet sheepishly called out, placing her hand on his arm. "I'm okay..."

The teen jerked his arm away from her touch, his narrowed eyes fixed on Orhalimi.

"No," Lycan continued. "We don't threaten each other. There's more than enough out there that can kill us. Last thing we need is to worry about our own. If he doesn't stand down, we can't have him here. I won't tolerate a PKer."

"I don't think he's going to do anything," Itaro added with a sneer. "He's outnumbered. His attitude just sucks. Come on Jennet..."

Itaro motioned to his team mate and coaxed her with him as they returned to the fire.

"What'll it be? Calm down? Or, take your chances with the storm?" Lycan hissed, gesturing with his chin to the howling blizzard just paces from them.

Hydra watched from the fire as the chaos unfolded. One player whom he had not encountered before had unsheathed there sword and was threatening the group. Lycan appeared to be the first to stand up to the swordsman. The spearman carefully moved to the cave wall pushing himself in a seated position. Eventually his back hit the hard rock he used this as a support and moved towards the two players. He looked at Orhalimi,  "Calm down friend... No one is here to hurt you. Right now we need everyone's assistance..." His foot beneath him to sent up a shot of pain. The spearman grunted and fell over onto his knee's. He used his spear to keep himself propped up.

Glancing around again he looked towards each member of the group. Then outside again towards the howling of the blizzard. "Hmm..." The brunette stared deeply into the abyss of snow. The only conclusion he could reach was to wait out the blizzard. Sighing to himself he turned back to the group, it looked like they were going to be stuck here for a while. Hydra stroked his chin, thinking of what to do, "Ah that's it" Turning to Jennet first he asked "What's your favorite color?" With the usual smile on his face, "B..blue?" She smiled back confused "Ah same as mine then!" He turned to each other player and asked the same question. If he could make friends or even acquaintances it'd be much easy to communicate with everyone.

Edited by Hydra

(OOC: Typing huge thing up. Been gone all weekend.)

Seeing Lycan and Hydra defuse the situation building in the Cave, Nikodemus stood up and joined them. His hand was ready to grab at his weapon and help the others at any moment should it come to it, but he felt it wouldn't. "Hydra is right. There is no need for any reckless intent. We are all going to have to work together to get through this. Now cease, sheath your weapon, and calm down!" Waiting for the decision to be made, Nikodemus made sure that he had kept himself in an optimal position to protect any of the injured incase things did break down further.

The sounds of the blizzard roaring just beyond the cave mouth was a constant ring of death in the ears of those who were not skilled or leveled enough to survive it, and it seemed as if it was a veil hanging between life and death. Nikodemus didn't want anyone to be forced to leave, but he didn't want people hurting other people and knew that he would not allow that to happen. Seeing Lycan and Hydra fighting for the same principles made Nikodemus remember why he and others were fighting in Aincrad. To help those who need it, and to escape this world alive. They needed to do it together. Losing people for foolish reasons only hurt the efforts made by all. This was a sad truth many seemed not to realize anymore, and they had assumed a dog-eat-dog, one for all and all for me stance and made sure they came out on top. they never took a moment to look at what it was they were standing on top of. A mount of skulls, in a desolate world where no one would truly be victor.

Sighing at this, Nikodemus stood straighter and made sure he would not be one of those people, he would be the other, the one who helps and who gives his all to ensure that the efforts of everyone are not in vain. "Please, Let us stop this now. We need to put our heads together and figure out how we shall weather the storm, and what to do from there."

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Allania sighed where she was sat, raising her hand to her face. Hydra and Nikodemus had the right idea at least, but whoever the white haired player and the one who first went for Rowan clearly did not. Allania put her hands on her knees, slowly lifting her aching body up from the ground. It seemed the white haired player was the biggest threat, she knew Rowan, even if marginally, and thought that although he was threatening people and had his sword out that he would not do much. If people handle the situation with respect and care. That was not the case however, so it seemed that Allania could not help but intervene, like Hydra and Nikodemus before her. 

Now on her feet Allania walked up to the white haired player, a figure who towered before her, a figure with his sword out and venom in his voice. No worry written on her face Allania walked between Lycan and Rowan. With a sweet smile but hard eyes she looked at him, "put your weapon away child. You preach that this is not the time or place, yet you are equally in the wrong as him." she said harshly before her voice softened and she continued, "Different people deal with loss differently. Some like to be comforted, in the way in which that girl had offered, but some prefer to be alone. Everyone is unique, so everyone deals with things in their own way. If you are to be our leader for now you need to try and understand that. Hydra and Nikodemus have the right idea, they're trying to foster peace and undertsanding, you are only escalating the situation. So like I said, put your weapon away. You have no authority to send someone out into that storm" gesturing to the white wall at the cave entrance, the wind roaring into the cavern.

Allania then turned to Hydra, averting her attention from the white haired player. Hydra seemed to be the worst for wear out of all of them still, he had hobbled his way over and was asking of people favourite colour. That's a good idea, she thought brightly, hopefully it'll help distract everyone from this little incident.  "Orange" she said happily, "it's such a warm and welcoming colour, " a smile once again on her face, "well, at least I think so" she added, considering her words again. She then turned back to the white haired player, "So, what is your favourite colour?" she said, having nodded towards Hydra a moment before. "And once we've all said our favourite colour we need to think about getting out of here. Ratatosk said something about the Survival skill, sadly I don't have it myself, but hopefully some people here will." she then looked at Ratatosk with a smile "he seems to know what he's talking about, so why don't we all listen to him for a moment, as while everyones been either sat around in shock" she said looking at those that were just sat about "or escalating situations" looking pointedly at Lycan "or trying to foster peace" finally turning to look at Hydra and Nikodemus " he's been trying to organise a plan for us all to survive. All of us. So we at least owe him our ears do we not?" she said, leaving the question hanging in the air. 

With her spiel over Allania sat back down, still sat between Lycan and Rowan, as she lowered herself to the ground she let out a quiet groan of pain. When she was finally comfortable and had Blaze once again to her chest, stroking his head gently Allania looked towards Ratatosk and gave a small nod.

Ratatosk blushes a bit, but then looks back at the people with a sort of determination sparked in his eyes. "Alright, so I'm guessing only a few of us have the skill... So... Of those few, how many of you can take out on of those things by yourself? And if so, how many of you have healing items? There are two options that we have in this cave, we can go deeper into it to see if it leads to somewhere near town, or wait here until the blizzard dies down. I don't really think we should wait here at all, we could be attacked in the middle of the night, or right now." He felt a weight pulling down on his shoulders, the lives of these people were partly his responsibility now. "If we're going to get out, we need to form a couple of squads. Each should have at least one primary damage dealer, and one healer. Tanks should be the main focus of them, so they can garner hate while the healers heal them. This strategy isn't very viable, but it'll do against a few of those things if we encounter them in the cave, who's ready?"

I ignored the guy who offered the escape plan. The rage glow from my eyes when I looked on everyone pointing their swords at me. What do they want from me? THIS TIME I didn't do anything. The white boy who claim to be the leader and the other puppets who fake it to back him up. You all wanna fight? you all think you can kill me? one AOE in your condition and you will be all turned to dust!

Then Allania walked between us. This girl again. She want to put an end to all of it, but I'm not done yet. 

"Him? Who made him the leader anyway" I called to Allania, "shut up and go play with the fire." I pointed that part to white haired kid.  "Work together?" I shoot to Nikodemus and Hydra "I don't give a damn about you, you are nothing to me. It just happened that I'm with you in the same [cursed] hole. There is only one person here that I will risk my life
for, and that's only because I won't be able to look at myself after again."

"And you", I said to Itaro "Why are you letting the others protect you, don't you know stand by yourself? walking away instead of handling it like a man. What's happened? did I hurt your self respect? your honor? your wife?!"

I want to continue, but I actually felt like an idiot. She pulled out my fighting spirit ,made me feel like a child waving a strike more than anything else. She tried to end it quickly, her talent of routing problems away instead of facing them with all her might, was one of the reasons who made her one of the few people I admired in this nightmare. And also the one who made me hate myself the most.