[PP-F1] Knife Party

Ronin cracked his knuckles and let out a long sigh.  He stood up, brushing his gloved fingers through his sandy blonde hair and looked out the front door of his little shanty.  Jambi should be here any moment and he needed to make sure he was all ready to go.  Today, he was going to get a rare loot drop and there was nothing that was going to stop him.  He had done his material gathering and he had done his fair share of farming wild boars.  This time, his focus was different.  He didn't just want some more mats for his shop, or a little extra Col in his pocket.  No, he wanted something special. 

Deciding he couldn't wait to get started, Ronin cornered a giant rat in the alleyway nearby his shop and launched an attack against it, hoping to score his loot right away.  He had decided to leave his shank behind on this little excursion, knowing he would do just fine with his armor, shield and the lucky orange bandana that Jambi had made for him.  This would definitely maximum his potential for finding that loot!

ID# 55419 results:

Battle: 10

MOB: 9

= -1 dmg mob, -1 dmg ronin

Mob: 31/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 63/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT

Edited by Ronin

"Raeeeeeee oh Raeeeeee where are youuuuu?" Jambi was standing out in the front of Rae's store. "I could have sworn he told me to meet him here!" Jambi searched with her crazy eyes up and down the street his store was located on. Unsuccessfully, she decided to peak her head in his shop. "Nope, not in here either." And judging by the absence of stink in the air, she knew he wasn't in his water closet either. "Where did that little bugger go?" stepping back out the door. 

Jambi had never taken a look at her map before but had seen others do it so she figured she would give it a shot. "Well I guess this thing comes in handy after all." Jambi announced as she spotted where her Rae of sunshine was. "Why is he in the alley?" She asked herself as she was approaching his location. 

"Oh [censored], what is going on! Are you okay?!" She yelled, seeing her husband in a tussle with a humongous rat. Jambi sprinted off towards the beast planning to launch an attack, the rat however was taking another go at Rae. Jambi quickly leaped between the two taking the rats hit.

ID# 55435 results:

Battle: 1

MOB: 9

Jambi: -1HP, -2EN

CURRENT STATS:

Mob: 31/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 63/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT

Jambi: 19HP, 3/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT

Edited by Jambi

This time, Ronin was able to land a little kick against the massive rat's gut, but it did little to effect the creature's overall HP.  The blacksmith sighed, disappointed in his lack of damage.  He was however happy to see Jambi, remembering their little outing in the Forest of the Wavering Mists and how she had made pretty short work of that Dark Elf [censored].  He nodded his head once she arrived on the scene and knew they would be able to take down this rodent much more quickly now.

ID# 55447 results:

Battle: 6

MOB: 2

= -1 mob HP

CURRENT STATS:

Mob: 30/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 63/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Jambi: 19/20 HP, 3/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Edited by Ronin

"Rae! How did this happen? What is going on? Are you okay?!" Jambi was so concerned about her husband she totally disregarded the giant varmint. "Fackkkkkkkk!" She screamed. "Now why in the hell did you do that?" She asked the rat as he landed yet another attack on her pushing her to the ground. Jambi had gotten the wind knocked out of her on this blow. Jambi stayed down for a moment. She was so used to handing out the beatings, she had never encountered anything that had even lowered her HP at all until this point and she did not like it. She began to rise up from the ground with nothing but evil intent in her eyes and wickedness in her heart. 

ID# 55451 results:

MOB: 7

MOB: -1 HP

Jambi: -1 HP

CURRENT STATS:

Mob: 29/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 63/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Jambi: 18/20 HP, 4/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Edited by Jambi

Ronin didn't have time to waste with Jambi's twenty questions, but instead kept his focus on the giant rat they were currently engaged in battle with.  As he spotted Jambi slowly rising up off the ground, he knew this was his opportunity to gain and aerial advantage and land a strike against their enemy.  He raced forward, planting the sole of his weathered boot on Jambi's back and using her as a sort of spring board as he launched himself into the air and drove a hard kick down onto the top of the Rat's head.  "HEYAWWW!!" 

Unfortunately for Ronin, as soon as his foot landed, the Rat cried out and lashed back, clawing him and hitting him hard.  The swordsman was sent sprawling backward across the ground, where he came skidding to a stop right next to where Jambi had previously been.  "Argh..."

ID# 55459 results:

MOB: 10

= -5 HP ronin, -15 HP mob

CURRENT STATS:

Giant Rat: 14/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 58/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Jambi: 18/20 HP, 4/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Edited by Ronin

Blame it on Jambi's madness, or her rage towards the beast, or her annoyance from getting stepped on by her husband after she took a few hits from the rat due to him, she was now enraged and all she wanted to do was kill something or someone and it didn't matter who. All of her inhibitions flew out the window. She could feel the steam evaporating from her body. She jumped to her feet to be sure she wouldn't be trampled on again, and launched her favorite attack. She had her stinkfist two handed spear at the ready and preceded to dig into the rat with her weapon slashing him diagonally across the damn pest's torso. "What the [censored]!" Even though she was always down to battle she hated fighting an innocent animal. She wasn't sure who had started this brawl and Rae wasn't answering any questions. At this point she was just looking after her own. 

ID# 55463 results:

Battle: 9

Heft sword art

MOB: -12 HP + 8MIT = -4HP

Jambi: -2EN

CURRENT STATS:

Giant Rat: 10/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 58/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Jambi: 18/20 HP,  3/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Jambi equipped with: Stinkfist, Weary Fortitude, Hand Huggers

Edited by Jambi

While Ronin continued to screw up in his attempts to successfully combat the giant rat creature, his other half didn't miss a beat.  Just like the night in the Forest of the Wavering Mists with the Dark Elf, Jambi sprang into action with her two handed war spear and did impressive damage.  The swordsman couldn't believe his eyes as he watched his real life wife handle the weapon with incredible strength, accuracy and overall prowess.  She was like nothing he had seen in this virtual world.  "Nice one babe!" he blurted, unable to contain his excitement for watching the girl in action.

Feeling inspired by her movements and awesomeness, Ronin pushed himself back to his feet and prepared to finish this giant rat off once and for all.  He charged in with only his shield, armor and orange bandanna that Jambi had gifted him.  Knowing he wouldn't be able to do much on offense, he was relying mainly on the creature's return fire to finish this little fight.  As he engaged the rat, he swiped his shield through the air, hitting the creature in the belly and causing only a single point of damage.  Fortunately, just as Ronin had hoped, the giant rat swatted at him with its massive claws and he braced himself behind his shield.  His enhancements did the rest and in the next second he heard that unmistakable sound of shattering glass to signify that the rat had been slain.

"Whew... that was a lot tougher than I thought it'd be..." he sighed, slowly straightening himself out and looking at the loot drop menu.  His eyes widened as he saw that he had gained a teleport crystal.  "Hm?  This looks like it might come in handy..." he said under his breath, before confirming the menu and causing it to disappear.  Turning his attention back toward Jambi, the blacksmith knew that thanks were in order.  Had he been left to fight the oversized rodent on his own, he would've been stuck in this alleyway for hours!

"Heya' Jambi... nice goin'..."

ID# 55561 results:

Craft: 3 = d20y.png +1 Teleport Crystal

Loot: 20+5= 25

MOB: 6

= -15 HP mob, -1 HP ronin

CURRENT STATS:

Giant Rat: 0/32 HP, 3 DMG, 8 MIT

Ronin: 57/64 HP, 39/40 EN, 1 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Jambi: 18/20 HP,  3/5 EN, 5 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Loot Drop: +1 Teleport Crystal, +1 Material

Edited by Ronin

"Yeah you too." Jambi sighed. "Now what do you have planned for us? I surely hope you didn't want me to meet you just to help you kill a rat..." Jambi turned toward her husband and began to study him with her eyes. She must of looked crazy all wide eyed and hardly blinking. She wanted to see his soul which she hadn't totally recognized yet since they had met up in Aincrad. Looking at him Jambi could see more and more of what this game was doing to him and she wasn't sure if this was a good or bad thing. She knew this game had changed her as well but things seemed different with him. She could usually see beneath his surface but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't this time. He seems so shut off from everyone, or maybe it's just from me, Jambi thought. "You know, maybe one of these days we can just relax and talk, go have some fun or something, just the two of us. I'm glad you are here with me physically but I want to be with you spiritually too if you'll let me. But we can save that for some other day.. Whenever you're ready. Till then lets get going. I know you have some plans up your sleeve. Lead the way."

Hearing Jambi's words caused Ronin to pause and close his eyes.  His chin tucked slightly into his chest and his shoulders slouched a hair.  He inhaled long and deep through his flaring nostrils, filling his nasal passage with fresh oxygen and flooding the receptors in his brain.  His eyelids fluttered slightly and his lips quivered.  He iicked at them, noting their slightly chapped surfaces and his own dehydration.  "Yeah... I hear ya..." he breathed at last.  Her words weren't lost on him, nor the meaning behind them.  He knew exactly what she meant and he wasn't sure what he could say about it.

Being in this game had changed him.  Being trapped inside this virtual world, with all its perfections and all of its insanity.  He sighed and slowly opened his eyes, looking toward the woman.  She was his wife and he owed her an explanation, regardless of whether she wanted it now, or later.  He pursed his lips, chewing at the bottom one slightly and thinking before he spoke.  The battle with the giant rat had left him feeling a little gutted, but this was more important. 

"You're right... we do need to talk...  I..." he began, before changing his mind.  Now wasn't the time.  He didn't quite have the words yet to tell it to her straight, so he decided he'd wait, until they came to him.  For now, he wanted to focus on something that he had been thinking about since first running into the woman in game.  They had an entire life together outside of this world, which he knew... but he hadn't gotten to know Jambi yet, he hadn't gotten to know who she was.  He looked past her now, toward the mouth of the alleyway and sniffed at the air.  "C'mon, let's go grab somethin' to drink, then I'll tell ya' what I had planned..."

Jambi saw Rae's reaction to her words. She could tell that there were things he wanted to say to her but as she suspected, he wasn't ready to just yet. Some things never changed. This quirk of his wasn't one she cared too much about in the real world and especially not in Aincrad. However at this moment Jambi didn't seem to mind. It was nice seeing a tiny speck of her husband that hadn't changed. He was in there somewhere. 

Patience was never something Jambi was good at. She knew what she wanted to do and say at every moment and did it. She wished everyone were like that. It seemed simple enough to her. If you had something to say, say it now; especially in this game where the chances of getting killed were higher than your chances of surviving. But this was her husband and she loved him so she worked on letting him take his time and tried not to be so pushy. With anyone else though, patience was out the window and around the corner for sure.

Jambi didn't say much on their walk. She was too consumed with the thoughts scrambling around in her head. "Oh is this the place? I hardly remember walking here but man here we are."

"Yeah, this'll do just fine..." he replied, his voice low and raspy.  He cleared his throat, or rather tried to, but knew he'd need something cold and refreshing to drink to really get the job done proper.  Stepping up to the counter inside the little dive of a food shop, the smoker shot a glance toward the menu.  "Hmm... 'ey you thirsty?" he asked, looking toward Jambi with questioning eyes.  He really did care about the girl, though he was admittedly still in shock over the fact that she had found her way into this virtual death game with him.  Perhaps once he saw her, without all these big baggy clothes on, without all the accessories and all the flare, perhaps then he'd recognize her, just as that look in her eyes seemed like she was trying to recognize him.  "Come pick somethin' out... my treat..." he offered.

"Ermm yeah, can I get a root beer float actually? I haven't had one of those since I was a kid." To Jambi, a float was always the most suitable beverage for when she was feeling a little down. It hadn't been until she linked up with Rae that she was forced to kill anything and she had done it back to back now with him. "Every time I have one of these things I think of the day I shredded my knee up pretty badly learning how to ride a bicycle. I remember my mom scooped me up from the ground and carried me into the bathroom to tweeze out all of the little pieces of gravel from my wound. When the torture was over, my sister Rachel brought me a root beer float. For some reason after that, root beer floats always seemed to pair well with a good sting." Jambi told her tale as she reflected back on her childhood memory, feeling her knee begin to ache again. "Anyway thanks for the treat!" She said as she turned her attention back to Rae and away from her memory. "What are you going to order?"

It was incredible to the swordsman.  No matter how long he had known the woman, nor how much he thought he knew about her; she always continued to surprise and amaze him.  He sighed, trying his best not to get all [censored] mooshy and [censored].  "Eh... I'll just take an orange soda," he replied, shooting the order half over his shoulder at the NPC running the joint.  His attention shifted right back to Jambi and his gaze fell to one of her knees, thinking about the story she had just shared with him.  Yeah, he loved her... and perhaps the reason he had grown so cold inside this death game, was because he knew that everyone playing in it, well... they had people who loved them to.  He wanted to clear this game and set them all free.  He wanted to give all the lovers a chance to reunite and... admittedly, he wanted to make sure he was set free as well.  Then he could reunite with his love and never let her out of his arms again.

"Order's up!" said the NPC, sliding the can of orange soda across the counter to Ronin. 

Jambi took a seat on a nearby bar stool with her float. The store had given her a long spoon and a big milk shake straw with the red and white stripes . She loved those straws. The ice cream hadn't melted enough to sip through it yet so she used her spoon to scoop out her first bite with the perfect ice cream to root beer ratio. "Yumm." She moaned as the first bite met her tongue. Jambi peeked over at Rae to see if he was enjoying his soda as much as she was. "So have you been getting down with anyone here?" She asked as she noticed some funky looking sore forming on his lip. Oh, maybe that's just some orange soda? She thought. "I mean have you met anyone interesting here so far, and you have something on your lip I think... I haven't really enjoyed anyone I've met so far. Twist is the only one I trust in this town. You'll have to come meet him one of these days." 

The chain smoker arched an eyebrow as he heard the girl sitting on the bar stool let out a little moan of pleasure.  "Hm?"  Damn, he hadn't heard her make those kind of sounds since... well... back in the real world.  He sighed, feeling a little backed up.  Well, actually a LOT backed up.  He hadn't even really thought of anything sexual since his arrival into this game and now, well... she had kinda' triggered a little somethin' in his mind.  He did his best to chill and let the thoughts pass, knowing he wasn't in any shape at the moment to go snatching the girl by her hand and dragging her into the alleyway outside this little shop.   No, that would have to wait.  Her game personality was a little too unstable as far as he had seen.  If he were to try anything like that, he wasn't sure if she'd be prone to kissing him, or slicing his gut right open with that war spear he had made for her.  He licked his lip, revealing that the little spot Jambi had seen was indeed nothing but a little drop of orange soda left behind.

"Good float?" he asked finally, deciding that was his best bet for playing it safe.  Her next question caught him kinda' off guard and as he took a swig of his orange soda, he thought it over.  "Nah... not really...  I did meet this one girl, said she wanted to be my apprentice 'er somethin' like that... came onto me a bit, but nothin' serious.  I didn't much care for her style anyway."  To be honest, Ronin only had eyes for Jambi, whether the wild girl knew it or not.  He'd just as soon craft himself a chastity belt of some sort if she weren't interested in being intimate with him, because his goods were for her and her alone.  He sighed, feeling sexually frustrated and wondering if there would ever come a time when he and his wife would decide to lay down together.  He wondered if sex in this virtual world was as good as it was in the real world... maybe better?

Shaking his head to rid himself of all these thoughts, the swordsman took another drink of his soda and then eyed the door.  "Whaddaya' say we head on back to my shop, I wanted to ask ya' bout somethin'  ...maybe you can help me out..."  Ronin picked up his soda and moved toward the doorway, pausing once he reached the threshold and peeking back over his shoulder.  "Oh, and I'd love to meet your friend, Twist was it?"

ID# 55634 results:

Loot: 3

Edited by Ronin

Jambi pondered over his comment about the girl who had come onto him. This made her feel uneasy but things like that were to be expected with the way Rae was.. He was handsome, sure, but who he was deep down was genuinely something beautiful and rare. Jambi felt lucky to be his wife in the real world. She knew he was honest but she did wonder who the girl was. She already didn't like her. Jambi always made her mind up quick when it came to weather or not she liked someone and once she didn't like you, there was no coming back from that side. Making any other decisions, now that took her some time. Its probably best I don't know who this chick is, actually it is definitely for the best. 

Jambi was feeling a lot better after a few tastes of her float. "Yeah, let's go to your shop! I'll race you there!" 

Edited by Jambi

At the mention of a race, Ronin stuck the big steel toed tip of his weathered boot out to the side, hoping that if Jambi were already off to a running start, she wouldn't be for long.  With his trip attempt launched, he then set his focus to his own speed, engaging the muscles in his legs and churning them along as fast as they would go.  In the next second, Ronin looked more like a vague blur, sprinting off down the street at great speeds.  Race me to my shop, hah!  She doesn't stand a chance! he snickered within the confines of his mind, knowing he was already off to a great lead.  As he came skidding around a corner, his eyes landed upon his little shanty up ahead and he knew he had this one in the bag...

Jambi saw Ronin's attempt to trip her up. Ha yeah right she snickered underneath her breath. She let Ronin run off down the street as she skipped along in the opposite way. Jambi had explored all the nooks and crannies of this town, she didn't have to run today. She knew of a short cut that would pop her out right in front of his shanty. It took Jambi all of a minute to skip there. She decided she would hide in the alley next to his shop and wait for him. She saw him coming from around the corner a little ways down the street. Hehe poor guy thinks he won. Maybe I should let him win? Nahhhhhh! As Rae came closer, Jambi stuck one rollerblade out into his line of sight and dangled it there for a few seconds as if to tease him. She then poked her back end out of the alley, as if she were trying to moon her husband.. Then she pulled it back in, completely out of sight. Her head was next, extending her neck out to glance at Rae approaching, then quickly back behind the wall. Then finally she jumped completely out of cover. "TAAAADAHHH, what took you so long?"

Ronin had seen the various body parts poking in and out of alleyway near his shanty and his heart sank in his chest, knowing he had lost the race.  "Damnit, how did she get here so fast?" he grumbled under his breath as he approached.  Though he had clearly lost, Ronin didn't let up a bit and he didn't stop to answer Jambi's question.  Still racing forward as fast as his legs would carry him, he blew right past the female and went racing inside his shop.  Loud thumping could be heard across the weathered wooden floorboards inside, as his heavy boots carried him through his shop and immediately into the small broom closet sized pooper in the back.  *FART*

Jambi watched on confused as Rae ran off right past her into his store. "Boy, he is on a mission." She said to herself as she followed him to the store to see what was up. *fartttt* "OH MY GOD RAE! Grosssss! I'll be waiting outside for you! And I'm taking one of your friggin smokes too!" Jambi plopped down on the ground outside, leaning her back against the wall of Rae's shanty and lit up her smoke. "Hello old friend." She smoked in the real world but didn't realize you could smoke in the game too. "Ahhh" she groaned exhaling the first cloud of smoke.