[SP-F1] The Wonderful World of Mining <<Earning a Living>>

'Man, I am tired of training day in and day out. I need to do something new, adventurous, and with a bit of a change of pace,' Khrysaor was thinking. He was sitting under the shade of a tree in a small park. In the last two days he had jumped two levels, and thought about relaxing for part of the day. As he was feeling the cool breeze against his face, Khrysaor overheard a few other players within the park near a pond talking about how successful their business is going, and how much Col they are making. After, eavesdropping on their conversation for a few more minutes, Khrysaor started to zone out.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

HP: 12/12

ENERGY: 3

DAMAGE: 1

ACCURACY: 0

MITIGATION: 0

From what Khrysaor had heard one of the players was a tailor, while the other one was a alchemist, and things were going good for them. He knew he needed some cash as well, and thought about how actually working in a profession can be a interesting side venture, which could certainly turn out to be quite lucrative. Khrysaor thought, 'Who knows this can be a good experience, and a adventure in itself. I think it will be a beneficial endeavor to look into.' With knowing what his next goal was, he decided he needed a bit more information and what is required for a player to get into a profession.

Khrysaor went to the players that were sitting by the pond to talk with them. He called out to them, "Hey, how's it going? Can I ask you guys a few questions if you do not mind?" The players looked at each with questioning looks, but replied, "Sure, why not but it may cost you." After, a moment of staring Khrysaor thought to leave because he did not feel like paying for information he can get elsewhere. But before he left the player said, "Just joking, it will be fine just ask your questions."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Edited by Khrysaor

They had about a 30 minute long discussion, but to Khrysaor it was well worth it. He got all the necessary details to know what were the best choices for him to make. He went through the important information he learned just now, like first to get started he needed to decide what type of profession will be best suited for him. Then he had to find either a NPC or player who is a master in the field to show him the ropes and apprentice under them. Then he would have to extract the materials that he needs that would be useful to his career path, which he can obtain though either loot drops by monsters or searching for the material from nature. Completion of his apprenticeship will mean he can has a good start on his career, and that will also allow him to open up shop. "Doesn't sound to hard, now to think about what I should do and look for someone who can help me" he said.

Khrysaor thought, 'I would like to work in a profession that will help me make loads of money, and something that would best suit me in monster battles. Fisherman is out, it will take too long and I do not like to be that patient waiting to catch something. I also do not like the idea of performing too much either. Becoming a chef is out of the question. That only mainly leaves me with becoming an Artisan, Blacksmith, Alchemist, Tailor, or even a Merchant.'

'Since, I would be going as almost like a tank player on the field, best choice I think for me should be in becoming a Blacksmith. That would give me the freedom to make my own weapons, shields, and heavy armor. Also, in later stages of the game being a blacksmith could become lucrative, the only catch will be having to gain a considerable amount of experience on the field and in the profession to be allowed to make and use higher tiered equipment.' was thinking Khrysaor. Now, that he had made his decision, Khrysaor went out to search for a Master Blacksmith.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor was walking down the many streets of the city in hopes of finding a blacksmith's shop. A few meters ahead he saw a quaint, little shop, with few weapons, and shields on display. Looking up, he noticed the shop's name was Shield and Sword Emporium. Khrysaor decided to see if he will find anyone in there willing to help in becoming a blacksmith. He opened up the front door, a bell sounded, and he stepped into the shop looking around at all the interesting items on display.

He was interrupted when he heard a voice in the back of the shop call out to him, "I will be right there, just hold on." Waiting a couple of minutes, while he continued his perusal of the swords. When, khrysaor heard the sounds of the banging finishing and footsteps coming from the back, he placed all his attention on the middle-aged man who came up to the counter. the shop owner looked all worn out, with sweat covering his face, but he still had a smile on his face. "Sorry, to keep you waiting I was just finishing up on a few modifications on a new shield I was working on. Now, how may I help you? Are you just browsing around, or would you like to buy and sell anything to me? I could also make modifications to any of your equipment, or make you one totally new one if you want. Oh yea and by the way my name is Harry," said blacksmith.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

"No Harry, I am not looking to buy or ask for modifications, but I was wondering if you were a master blacksmith. If you are I was hoping to become a blacksmith and for that I need to become a apprentice," said Khryaor. Harry mumbled, "Hmm, a apprentice blacksmith. I haven't looked into getting an apprentice before and I would like the chance to pass off my knowledge." While, Harry kept talking to himself Khrysaor was waiting for a reply hoping it was going to be positive. Harry said, "Fine, I will take you on as an apprentice, but for that to happen, first you will have to pass my challenge. Are you up for it?"

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor started to think about how he will get a chance to become a apprentice but with only one catch. He had to complete the challenge to become an apprentice. 'Hopefully it won't be too difficult, let's first hear Harry out before agreeing fully,' was thinking Khrysaor. Khrysaor told him, "First, tell me about this challenge, so I know what I am getting into after that I will make my decision if it is worth it." The blacksmith gave a hearty laugh at that, making Khrysaor feel like he got insulted. Harry laughingly said, "OH, I like you already and you are cautious before accepting anything. For sure that is one quality I am looking for in an apprentice, but don't get your hopes up you still have to complete my challenge. I agree that I will tell you what I want first. Before, I can accept you as my apprentice. I want you to find the necessary material first."

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor wonderingly replied, "Ok, I get what I have to do, I will need to find material to start out, but where can I be able to find the material and what is the process?"

"You will have to either get ore from mining in deep underground caves or from fighting and defeating monsters and hope they drop the right loot. But I don't think you are ready yet to fight monsters. That's why I say you should go do the mining instead." Khrysaor asked a few more questions that he had, like on the matter of the tools needed, where to look and how the process goes. With that the blacksmith continued  on saying, " The place where the ore can be found is in a cave about 5 Km out of the city to the west. If you follow the path you will see it. It is not too difficult. After you get there, just go deeper in and use the tools to dig up rocks, then pick a rock and a pop-up window should appear asking if you want to extract. If you are successful it should turn into a ore but if not tough luck. You will have to do it all over again. But, let me tell you this it will be a bit difficult and long process. Are you up for it?"

Khrysaor nodded a affirmative.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor was given the tools needed to begin mining and help with the extraction process. He turned to leave, but before he stepped out the door, Harry said one more thing, "I want you to find me at least 3 pieces of ore for now. I will tell you after you are done why I wanted you to find so many." Harry pushed him out the door and closed it on Khrysaor's gaping face. '3 pieces of material will surely be a long and hard process. From what I know from the other players is that it is very difficult extracting the material needed and even one piece can take forever. Well, now i know for sure that the rest of the day will be used up on the hunt for ore pieces,' thought Khrysaor.

He left the safe zone out from the West Gates, and made his way towards the direction of the cave by following the path. While, at the same time, made sure in not getting caught up in fighting a boar or wolf. Khrysaor saw the cave he was looking for in the distance. He was relieved he did not run into anything yet. Khrysaor made his way into the cave, walking carefully deeper, and lower. Until, he reached the a dead end by a closed off wall or rock, helping him indicate the place where he needed to start mining.

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Edited by Khrysaor

Bringing out his mining gear that Harry gave him, Khrysaor started to pound away at the wall of rock. As he was pounding his way through, he recalled what he had seen within the blacksmith book Harry gave. It told him when mining for ore, before the extraction process can occur, a specific piece of rock needs to break away. It is round in shape and smoother than regular rock. So, as he was mining he was looking for the specific rock that could give the ore when extracted. After, digging for 10 minutes, he found just the rock he was looking for.

Picking it up, a pop-up window just like how Harry said showed up asking if he wanted to extract the material. He touched the extract button, and the outer surface of the rock started to crumble leaving behind a shiny orb like material. Another pop-up came into view, which said, "CONGRATULATIONS, you have extracted a successful ore. Gained one material."

ID# 55704

Loot: 19

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor could not believe his luck, he succeeded in producing a ore right on his first try, and people say it is hard to mine and get the material. 'Pfft, as if, now I know it will be a piece of cake finding more ore. I will get this done in no time,' thought Khrysaor. With that it boosted Khrysaors confidence and renewed the destruction of the wall with conviction.

It took some time but he found another stone with smooth, roundish edge to it, but when he touched it no pop-up occurred for extraction meaning the stone is just that a normal stone.

ID# 55708

Loot: 9

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

"Oh man, that blows. I thought I had it that time as well. It looks like even if the description of the stone matches that of the one in the book, there might not be any ore in it to be extracted," shouted out Khrysaor. He started to sweat, Khrysaor felt himself getting tired, but he thought he should at least give it one more tyr before taking a rest.

Starting again, Khrysaor hacked away at the wall, not noticing the stone he was looking for get loose from the wall. 5 minutes in and he still didn't notice because he was so focused on getting the one that was bulging out from the stone wall. Using his mining gear he was able to pull the stone that was stuck out of the wall, to inspect it, and this time the extraction pop-up window actually showed up. He pressed on the extraction button, and to Khrysaor's amazement it actually crumbled to reveal another piece of ore.

ID# 55710

Loot: 17

JOURNAL

STATS                                                                                              

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor was ecstatic, he already got two ore pieces now 2 or 3 more left to go. He thought he should at least take a small breather, and put away his mining gear for use later. Khrysaor started to slowly walk back outside, while at the same time, went to his menu to check the time. When looking to his upper right hand corner he noticed it was already 3:00 p.m. Khrysaor took some time to get out but he did. When he got out he felt a nice breeze against his face and was able to relax a bit. Looking around he spotted a nice boulder to sit or lay on. Getting himself situated he laid down and watched as the clouds slowly drifted through the sky.

30 minutes later, Khrysaor slowly sat up, and feeling thirsty. He brought out his inventory to search for a bottle of water. Tapping on the water button, a water bottle materialized. Taking hold of the bottle, Khrysaor took deep sips, until it was all finished.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Knowing it was about time to get started, Khrysaor turned back to walk into the mining cave, so that he can get it over and done with. Going down at a slow pace, he took longer going down the mine than going up it. When he did reach the spot he stopped at, he started to unload his inventory again to bring out his mining equipment. After, getting everything out, Khrysaor was about to start mining, but before he could he noticed a stone on the ground few meters away that looked roundish from where he was standing. He thought, 'How could I have missed that it looks about right.'

Khrysaor went and touched it, making a pop-up of extraction, so he pressed on the extraction button. It crumbled and brought about another ore, but when the congratulations pop-up window should have showed  up instead a window which said, "Not a pure ore, impurities within. NOT USABLE!"

ID# 55712

Loot: 5

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

"What, seriously there are impurities within this ore and can not be used," shouted Khrysaor, which echoed throughout the mining tunnel. causing a part of the ceiling to tumble down. Khrysaor had to dodge out of the way of some of the larger rocks, while he thought, 'Ok, note to self never ever shout in such a unstable cave ever again." Since, the breakage of the ceiling stopped, and no cave in happened, he felt some relief.

Khrysaor went back to work right away hoping to get out of the mine quickly, so no trouble occurs. He found the roundish stone he was looking for, picking it up a pop-up came up showing him since there is a crack within the stone an extraction process can not take place. With a sigh he went and started the process all over again looking for another stone.

ID# 55866

Loot: 14

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

This time when he started digging away at the walls of the cave, it took him some time almost an hour but he found what he was looking for. The stone rolled a few meters away from him, so, he started to walk towards it but managed to step on a few smaller rocks making him trip and fall over. When he landed face down on the floor of the mine, his arms sprawled forward knocking the stone he needed away from him. 'Oh, no. Now I have to go find it.' thought Khrysaor. Forcing himself to get up, and wincing at the pain, he started a long search for the stone but could not find it even after searching for 30 minutes. So, he decided to give up thinking he will have to mine for a totally new one, and can not waste anymore of his time searching for a stone he may not find, or worse finding it but turning out to not be a perfect ore material or extract-able.

ID# 55868

Loot: 9

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Once decided to stop looking for the stone he had lost, Khrysaor started to head back deeper into the mine, to dig up more of the round orbs of stone. Before, Khrysaor made any movement to get his tools out, he went to a wall of the cave and sat down to relax for 5 minutes. While, he was doing that he felt hungry. Making up his mind, he pulled out his inventory searching for a loaf of bread. Took it out of his inventory and started to eat it. Khrysaor's stomach felt satisfied for the time being, and after finishing his meal, he went back to work on destroying more of the wall. He was starting to feel let down, because for the last 3 times in trying to extract a piece of ore had failed him. He thought, 'Two more times I will try for the extraction for today, if it does not happen I will have to start again tomorrow.'

Khrysaor continued to plow away at the wall for almost an hour, before he decided to take a rest. "Well, that was one of my try, I am too tired at the moment to go for my second one," said Khrysaor, who began to take a breather.

ID# 55869

Loot: 1

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor sat on a boulder, letting his body relax and recuperate for the time being. He leaned against the wall and thinking he was only going to close his eyes for a moment started to doze off. Some time has passed before Khrysaor woke up to himself slipping away from the boulder, and said "Ouch," the moment he hit the floor. "Huh, where am I." Khrysaor said in confusion looking around until, his memories cam back of why he was in the mine and what his goal was. Noting his body did not ache much, went ahead and checked the time. KNowing he had time enough to try one more time before he went back to the Town of Beginnings.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor knew his chances of finding another ore was slim, and thought back to the beginning of the day when he first started out. His luck at that time was going strong, but now as the day seemed to slowly go by, his luck took a total nose-dive, not allowing him to be able to extract another piece of ore. Using his trusty shovel and drill he started to dig through the rock again doing so for another 20 minutes before tragedy struck and the durability of the old and used shovel and drill broke down, causing an end to his search for the extracting ore. 'Oh, god why must you cause me so much torment,' thought Khrysaor morosely. These were the only tools I had and obtained from Harry, "I wonder what will happen now," muttered Khrysaor. Khysaor packed up his things, and left for the day, and Khrysaor said, "I wonder what fate will have in store for me for tomorrow."

ID# 55871

Loot: 12

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor finally reached the exit of the mine, and by the time he got out he noticed how the sky is all dark. He thought about how late it must be, and took off at a fast pace back to the town, hoping to get into town and the safety of it's walls. Since, he had been in Aincrad for a couple of days, he knew the best and his favorite spots to sleep for the night. Going to the closest one he could find, which was in a park.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

He walked up a small hill, and laid down on the grassland of the park beside a tree. Making a review of all that had happened to him for the day. He thought about how he wanted to become a blacksmith so much, knowing it would be a fruitful career in the future of his experience in the world of SAO. Thinking back to meeting Harry and his conditions in becoming a apprentice, 'I just needed 1 more ore and I would have been set in becoming a apprentice, instead I have to go back tomorrow and report to Harry  I need some more tools,' thought Khrysaor. His luck was going good for the beginning but it simmered out by the end, and Khrysaor's body felt sore all over. He knew that even if he got his required rest for the night, he may not be able to continue working as strenuously tomorrow. With that last thought Khrysaor fell asleep.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3