[SP-F1] The Wonderful World of Mining <<Earning a Living>>

Khrysaor was sleeping peacefully, until the sunlight that was peeking through the tree he was lying under fell on his face. He tried to block the sunlight but to no avail, and was forced to get up. He saw the sun was high above the sky, meaning it was almost midday already. When he moved he felt his body felt fine, and the pain he knew he had the night before had disappeared. Khrysaor got up to start the day by heading in the direction of the Shield and Sword shop, once there, he entered the shop. To see Harry was at the front counter polishing what looked like a new sword. Harry looked up to see who decided to come through his door, and was surprised to see Khrysaor back in his shop already. Harry noticed how Khrysaor's clothes looked all dirty and wrinkled from all the work he must have done.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

HP: 12/12

ENERGY: 3

DAMAGE: 1

ACCURACY: 0

MITIGATION: 0

Harry talked first and asked, "How are you doing Khrysaor? Did you really already get the necessary 3 ore pieces I asked for? I thought for sure that I would not be seeing you for at least another couple of days, since getting 3 ores is though in just less than a day." Khrysaor was seen looking a bit guilty, without a word he brought out his inventory. Taking out the 2 ore pieces and the broken shovel and drill Harry gave him, and placed it down on the blacksmith's counter top. Harry seeing the damage that occurred knew what has got Khrysaor so down. He started to study the damage that ocurred to the drill. The blacksmith also noticed the 2 ore material Khrysaor was able to procure and with that Harry came up with a good idea. "Ok, listen to me very carefully, I have decided that I will give you one more chance." said Harry.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor looked up at Harry's face with hope, and from what he could tell Harry was not disappointed or angry with him just yet. He nodded, and let Harry continue with saying, "First things first, is that I am very surprised you were even able to get 2 ores. I was thinking I would not be seeing you in here for another 2-3 days, because I really thought you were only going to be able to obtain 1 ore piece at the most. So, for you to get two means you might just be quite exceptional and have a good talent for mining. Leading me to believe you could be good as a blacksmith. That is the only reason I am going to let you damaging my tools go for now, and hope what I have planned for you next works. If you do not succeed in your next task. I will be forced to make you go back out to gather more ore and i do not just mean one more but at least another 6 more. Which would help repay the damage that occurred to my equipment and then you would become my apprentice. I am going to be using these two ores you gathered to help make a new shovel and drill. One I will use and make a shovel, while you carefully observe the techniques I am using to forge it, and after that you will use the next one and try to copy what I did. If you can successfully make a drill, you will have then succeeded in skipping becoming my apprentice to becoming a full time blacksmith, instead."

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Khrysaor felt shocked and excitement pass through his body after hearing the speech Harry just gave him. He could not believe his ears, he has a once in a life time chance of becoming a blacksmith in one go, without even having to become a apprentice. While, Khrysaor was absorbing the information he was given Harry was also thinking that if Khrysaor actually succeeds, then his guess was right and Khrysaor was a true genius in forging, and would not even need to go through the formal process of becoming a apprentice to learn the techniques, since he could do it naturally. 'But if this does not work out, then Khrysaor will have to go through the punishment I laid out for him,' thought Harry.

Harry turned to go to the back room, to where his forging items were kept, and said over his should to Khrysaor, "Come on Khrysaor, we do not have all day, and follow me." Hearing the voice of the blacksmith startled Khrysaor, and Khrysaor looked up at Harry and followed him.

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Edited by Khrysaor

Khrysaor followed Harry to the backroom. He saw that it was a forge and looked all over the room with awe.Harry seemed to standing beside a table which held a hammer and the table beside a huge furnace. Harry motioned for Khrysaor to come forward, and he did coming to stand opposite Harry. The blacksmith started to work on the ore piece Khrysaor brought with the hammer. Pounding away at it till it flattened and shaped like a shovel. After 10 minutes Harry stood back allowing the ore piece to transform into a shovel. To Khrysaor's eyes it looked to be quite sturdy and good quality.

Harry silently gave Khrysaor the hammer he held to let him use on the last piece of ore. Khrysaor closed his eyes, took a deep breath and started to picture the damaged drill he was supposed to reproducing. Then started to hammer away at the ore, and 10 minutes in sweat started to build in Khrysaor's brow. But did not get distracted by it. Harry looked on in wonder as Khrysaor kept on hammering away at the ore and the concentration he kept. The blacksmith knew Khrysaor will go far in blacksmith and if he makes the drill correctly he would not need to go through with the apprentice program because there will not be anything left to teach him.

Another 20 minutes in Khrysaor stopped and stood back to allow his work to transform and take the shape of a drill. He checked it over, and then handed it to Harry, who took it and replace the damaged drill with the new one. In harry's mind all looked to be great condition, making him smile proudly at Khrysaor, because he just produced one of the best drills on his very first try.

ID# 55876

Craft: 11

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Edited by Khrysaor

Harry said, "Hey, Khrysaor I am proud of you. You were able to make a perfect drill in one try and for the very first time. You now have the experience necessary to become a beginner blacksmith, Congratulations!" Harry handed the shovel, drill and hammer to Khrysaor, saying that it was now his to keep, and Khrysaor said, "Thank you for everything I will be seeing ya." Just before Khrysaor left, Harry called out to him and shouted, "Come back anytime if you need help." With that Khrysaor left the shop and ran through the streets happy in the knowledge that he has become a blacksmith and now can make a living out of it.

~Thread Complete~

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Thread Summary:

Gain:

+2 SP (1 from completion of thread, other extra for completing the Earning the Living Quest)

+400 Col.

+ Blacksmith tools and mining tools

+ A Title to Profession

+ Ability to Open Shop

+ Extra materials (rolled by GM with Loot Die upon topic completion)

Loss:

- 1 Bread

- 1 Water

JOURNAL

STATS 

Hide contents

STATS

LEVEL 3

Edited by Khrysaor