[PP-F2] The Second Encounter! (Haine & Mitsunari) [COMPLETE]

Floor 2... It was one of the bluenette's most favorite floors of all time. It was where she spent most of her time in. The valley's and mountains were always a sight for the teen.. The fresh air, soft green grass, and crystal blue ponds.. indescribable... she would even play in the dirt on some rare occasions! The feeling of mossy earth between your toes..

Haine was especially bored today. She had given herself yet another break from fighting and leveling.. But of course this was a monster floor. Elf Raiders, wild boars, and such would roam the area occasionally. But she didn't fear them.. she was a level 11 after all! They were level one's two's, and three's though... but they were easy to take down!

She sighed as she picked up a rock and threw it into the pond. A smile crept up her face slowly she watched the rock skid.. 'I wonder what will happen today.." she sighed mentally.. trying to think of ways to cure her boredom.

For some Floor 2 was heaven, though Mitsunari thought of it as a living nightmare. Not being strong enough was one thing, but being forced not to engage the monsters on this floor was another thing. Because of that he came to gather info, maybe he could find a weakness. Though Mitsunari's greatest weakness was indeed his gear and lack of combat experience..

"Perhaps I should just head back and~" Catching a glimpse of a fairy by a pond, Mitsunari lowered his body and observed the scenery. "A tenshi*?" Radiating a strong pressence unlike anything he has seen before, the delicate creature threw a rock in the pond. Another perfect chance!

Doing his best to sneak up behind the tenshi*, Mitsunari prayed that he wouldn't be discovered. Despite his best efforts on a sunny day like this he was bound to attract unnecessary attention to himself. Each step he took closer the tenshi* seemed more familiar and familiar.. Yet he still could not find a reason why...

She began to hum a song as she looked into the surface of the crystalline pond. She could see her reflection in the water, and the rocks she threw into the pond were slightly visible from her angle. She smiled as she looked at her hands.. she ran out of rocks to throw. "Aww man!" she exclaimed in a 'shouting whisper'.

Haine swiftly turned around to get a couple more rocks to throw. But in the process she bumped into someone. She looked forward and then tilted her head. He looked familiar... like she had seen him before. She pused and looked into his eyes closely.. that's when it snapped. Mitsu.. something?

"Hiya! Didn't think I'd find you here," she smiled softly. Yes, she had a bipolar disorder, so he mood really changed all of the time.

His cover was blown quite fast, though he was expecting her to notice him, but that was a pretty random time to turn around. Up close Mitsunari could instantly remember Haine, though was puzzled why he couldn't identify her in the first place. Maybe he was really loosing it, since the day he met Haine things changed drastically for him.

Before he wouldn't openly roam in this world. Since adding Haine in his friends list he would occasionally glance at it with hesitation. Mitsunari still had long ways to go if he wanted to fit in society, but this was a great start. One person at a time. Perhaps he would lead legions in the end. A grin appeared on his face just thinking about it.

"You can call me a first rate stalker." In reality he often would ask around about Haine, if she was okay and where she was at... Being curious was the only reason, right? It wasn't because they were friends, not in the slightest... Standing up and brushing his clothes, Mitsunari glanced at the pond with his crimson eyes, he the moved his look at Haine who stood only inches away.

"Just kidding. How have you been?" He questioned with a gentle smile, crossing his arms as he looked away from Haine.

She gasped childishly as her eyes widened and she circled around him, checking to see if he had any 'spy supply' on him. Then he said just kidding. Wow she got worked up over nothing! Well in reality it was exactly like the girl to believe almost anything anyone told her. It was funny how she reacted to situations though. Sometime she would go outright crazy and do weird things. Trust me, she wasn't a normal person at all.

Then he asked her how she had been. "Great! I leveled up big time! I'm halfway to level 14 already! Talk about major leveling! Yeah now those boars are.. ticks? Haha! You?" she replied in a friendly manner.

Still unexperienced and not knowing that the whole 'leveling' thing ment, Mitsunari sighed while Haine spoke of such things. Clearly she was stronger than before, but this was rediculous. A clear gap between them could be drawn. Was it because he didn't focus on becoming stronger? In reality it is his dream to climb on top of this world and rule it..~ Uhm, or maybe his wild dream that is. Knowing that it isn't possible to close the gap he only had one option left. To never give up that is.

"Hm, still those boars would give me trouble.. Well I was just exploring on my own. Maybe I should buy new gear or something..?" Mitsuari thought about many things, but he has hardly had any combat while in a group, soloing things was bad, especially when out numbered and forced to flee.

"Well that's if you wish to! Or if you want to really make fighting easier. We are each given a weapon that is good enough for us to survive with, the gear and all that fancy stuff is actually just the brownie points.. that's all!" she smiled.

Then she noticed how he was.. very uneducated with leveling and such.. he would be perfect for a guild."Have you considered joining a guild Mitsunari-kun? They are very helpful! If you now what those are.." she trailed off, getting ready to explain to him what a guild was... but she wanted to see if he knew what those are. And he didn't know him well, so she couldn't really TELL him to join a guild. But guilds are perfect for new people to level up also.

"That might be true, but I don't know if there is a right weapon for me... Each time I hold a sword I feel that there is something missing.." If Haine's previous speculation suggests that he might have lost his memories, then that means the answer can be found in them. Ofcourse it was still theoretical.

Guild? Mitsunari has heard of them recently being active, some of them were joining the front lines while several were support types... Groups of people with a common goal. "I've heard of them.. Many of them are well known, but I don't think they are looking for a person like myself." That was the vibe he got from them atleast. "Besides, nobody would like a messed up guy like me~" A innocent smile appeared on his face, a rare sight indeed. Knowing full well that he couldn't be trusted even the slightest.

She thought for a minute. "Don't give up though! I know some really good blacksmiths who take orders!: she nodded as she began thinking of several players and NPC's who run shops.

Then she shook her head at what he said next. "You're not messed up at all! I'm in a really friendly guild! The Phoenix Signers! They are welcome to everyone! And don't doubt yourself because its really not worth it," she smiled in a friendly manner.

Mitsunari sighed when she mentioned 'good' blacksmiths. It wasn't problem in the weapon themselves, every sword made by a blacksmith has it's good points and atributes. Maybe he just needed to practice a bit more. "Thanks Haine!" A smile crept on his face though it soon faded.

"Eh, it sounds like a great guild.." Mitsunari added placing a hand on his temple, trying to stay normal as long as he could. With all the holes in his memory he would ocassionally need to relax or try to calm down. He could hear a voice demanding only balance, a reason why he is so hesitant in joining a guild. That sense of 'balance' was really distorted, hence many would isolate him even further.

Fear of rejection? Perhaps.. Though it was maybe a fear of oneself.

She smiled brightly, glad she could be a help. She always thought of herself as a nuisance to others.. but just maybe she really was a help to others! That made her happy. "Your welcome!" she chirped childishly.

"Oh yeah! And they are really nice! I know a friend who has a SUPER high level! Maybe he can make you the greatest swordsman of all time! I'm still trying to outrun the greatest swordswoman Asuna though.. it's really hard work!" she gasped.

Just maybe making friends out of these 'strange' people can be interesting. Haine was a great example of a friend, even though Mitsunari could never be like her...

"I don't need to be the greatest. Yes, it is my dream, but it's way out of my reach." He used his hand to display that act, how he could never reach the sky even though he tried and tried. "Dreams are ment to be chased forever..." An understanding that he has been thought, words that he would never forget. But he could not recall who spoke the same words to him.

She shook her head in disagreement. "NEVER give up! Giving up is the weakest thing a person can do. No matter what.. always look forward.. because if you give up, you're sure to never get your wish! We have to stay strong.. and I know this.. because there was a time when I thought something was nearly impossible.. All it took was a bit optimism.. and my wish came true! If I could have my dream come true, you could have yours too! All it takes is practice, determination, and hard work.. with those things, I'm sure you'll succeed... I know it," she smiled as she gently poked at Mitsunari's heart.

She hated it when people were sad.. and she loved to reach out to others. Though she was childish and careless, she was full of virtues surprisingly.

Haine's sudden outburst made Mitsunari question his actions up until now. A large hole in his memory was the scariest of it all, perhaps there lies his weakness, the reason why he is still like this. There was no denying that Haine's wish came true, but that is because she was different. Each of us dreams of acomplishing something, some try, yet others give up. Mitsunari is in the middle, despretly trying to continue, while haunted and forced to stop. A urge to harm others could not be repressed that easily.

"Then what about how I feel..?" Mitsunari asked, lowering his look at Haine's neck. His crimson eyes this time felt slightly hostile. "Something wants me to hurt you..." He then reached slowly for her neck, with a grin widdening the closer his hand got.

"You better wish that I don't succeed. Pray that I don't get stronger." His hand stopped just a few inces from her delicate neck, at that moment he used his other hand to bring it back before he did something very awfull.

"I get a feeling that many people could die if my wish comes true." Truthfully Mitsunari spoke as his hands started to shake, regaining his composure..

She slowly backed up as her eyes widened. He was reaching towards her with a smirk on his face, one that scared her. Could it be.. he wanted to be a player killer? Th-those people killed for fun.. and for no reason. They loved to torture those weaker than them.. she never liked player killers. She looked at her level and then his.. and she calmed down. He wouldn't be able to kill her now at least.

She tried to go back to her normal attitude as she heard his last sentence. "Oh.. Well I see. We all have our own wishes.." she said, forcing a cheesy smile on her face.

Taking a deep breath, Mitsunari looked at Haine's expression. Great, now she was slightly disturbed by his pressence. It couldn't be helped, things like this tend to happen when Mitsunari had company. There was a trigger in his head that kept clicking at random intervals, which made him unpredictable, able to even harm his own teammates at a whim.

"Don't get me wrong, it's not like I feel pleasure doing such things." A reflex made him touch the back of his trousers, as if he was looking for a pack of cigarette. This would often happen when he tried to control himself.

"Heck even I'm sick of myself. Because of that I believe that I would bring only bad luck to guilds." Mitsunari admited, looking at Haine's eyes as if he was trying to understand what she was thinking.

Besides the obvious fact that Haine was only trying to be polite to him, Mitsunari could only give a small smile to her suggestion. Pondering about the whole idea at first he was hesitant to speak, though he finally summed up the courage at the end.

"First contact your guild leader. If he/she gives the green light then it won't be a problem." Mitsunari spoke, stretching his arms upwards awaiting for Haine's answer.