[PP-F7] An Adventure Well Needed (Calrex)

A large fortress looking city made within a large mountain, all the houses are stone and the entire towns on illuminated by bright green crystals that glow when it is dark, these are found in the ceiling of the mountain

Lee would sit on a stone bench within the teleportation area of the plaza with his back against the chair and his menu open before him. He was letting his finger flick through the options till he arrived at his friends list. He would take in a deep breath and then close it before rubbing the sides of his temple with hand hands. "Fu*k, why is this so frustrating!?" He wasn't sure what to do or how he would go about doing it or even what he was doing on this floor of all. Maybe it was the solidness of the stone or the way it was supposed to look at night but beyond that, he was lost. It was then that he came across a name of a player that he had met but never really did much else. "Why not?"

He would pull up a message box and create a new one to be sent to the player

To: Calrex
Subject: Yo
Message: Hey, I'm not sure if you remember me or not but I've seen you around the various get togethers and was wondering if you'd like to meet up on floor seven and go off and kill some monsters or other magical creatures that may or may not cross our path. And by we, more than likely you but still, experience and adventure are it's own rewards, right?

He would then hit send and take in a breath. He wasn't sure if he would show and even when he did, what would happen there after. If not, he would more than likely try and see just who else was free or maybe he would simply call it quits and head back home.

Calrex gave a small sigh as he saw in the Amethyst Boutique. Memories of Azide's death during the fourteenth boss battle still were fresh on his mind as he rubbed his eyebrows. However, his current state was interrupted as he looked at an incoming message, swiping on his menu to produce the inbox, "Let's see...it's from...Lee. Huh, I haven't heard that name in a while. Speaking of which I haven't seen Piera in quite a while either. Well I guess this is a good opportunity to find out how both of them are doing."

Getting to his feet the bluenette exited the shop and headed for the teleportation plaza, arriving on the seventh floor in the settlement of Nimbus, "Alright Roc, time for us to go to work."

Responding to his call the blue peregrine falcon familiar materialized overhead as he quietly soared above, circling over the Ultramarine Knight's general location as he turned on his tracker, seeing where Lee was located as he made his way over.

After a few minutes the young man saw the heavy armored player come into view as he gave a casual wave, "Hey Lee, long time no see."

Lee would lean back as he would look upward to the sky, letting the menu sit in front of his face as he looked over the names of people he had encountered. The names starting to blur together the longer he looked at them till he had to close his eyes. He would move an armored hand up to his face and rub his eyes just as he heard his name being called. He would quickly lower his hand as the menu would minimize and he would see the blue haired player. He would raise his other hand up in a light wave for a greeting "Yeah, been a hot minute. Glad that you decided to show up Calrex, needed to get my mind of some things though can't really fight my frustrations out but it doesn't mean I can watch it being done and I figured we haven't actually conversed nearly enough as I think we should sooo...." Lee would stand up and send a party invite to the player "...I figure this would be the best way to remedy this."

As the man across from him spoke a friendly smile came to Calrex's face as he gave a nod, "No kidding, although I don't think there's a single person without something on their mind in this game, heh. In any case some adventuring around on this floor might be a good thing to help with that."

Accepting the party invite the bluenette swiped on his menu to confirm his equipment. Since this time around they were on the lower floors, he felt there was no need to equip his mitigation enhanced Grand Chariot II armor, or even the Grand Guard II shield. Instead he simply stuck with the Grand Blade II, Amethyst Charm, and Tide Pendant, along with his unenhanced Grand Dragoon barebones armor. It was the equipment he was most accustomed to before the unlocking of tiers, and was representative of the balanced build he went for.

"In any case, I believe we're all set. So whenever you're ready. Any particular direction you wanted to head in?"

Lee would give out a light chuckle as Calrex would talk about how everyone had something on their mind in the game and that an adventure would be right up his alley. "
True dat, true dat."
The plate armored player would stand and open his own inventory and equip his own gear that, in terms of the two, paled in comparison but it wasn't something that he dwelled on for long as Caliburn appeared in one hand and his shield Pridwen appeared in his grasp on the other. "Well...I'm as ready as I'll ever actually be and as for a direction..."

He would open his menu and open the map to which he would look around and close his eyes as he let his finger glide over it and then he would stop and open his eyes, turning his head and pointing off to the closest exit to the town "That way. My professional map skills deduce that it will hold great rewards and booty!" Lee would raise his sword and point it in the direction as he would begin onward.

Calrex gave a laugh at Lee's master directional abilities as the young man directed him in the general area that he wanted to travel down. Giving a nod he put his hands into his jacket pockets the bluenette began heading in the directed orientation, "Great rewards that way huh? With the way loot seems to drop, that seems to be about as accurate as we can get."

Gently resting his sword hand on the Grand Blade II's handle the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath to center himself before exiting out of the gate. Now was the time to remain focused and alert, even though it was likely the two were going to converse during their excursion. It was certainly a shift from the way he behaved in the past. He was now more vigilant than before. One could say that he could be "scared straight" or some other term, but it did seem that the deaths that occurred in the Rohk fight made the bluenette want to avoid any surprises as much as he could under his own strength.

"In any case, how have things been with you? I haven't see neither you nor Piera in quite a while."

Lee would laugh lightly as Calrex spoke about the easiness of the drops "I know right?...Well, I wouldn't know but I'm sure I can kinda sorta guess what one would know. Maybe. Ish." He would intentionally stretch out the sentence for humor's sake. They would exit the town and would officially be outside of the safe zone and what seemed the best was a small cave-like formation not to far off and Lee figured that'd be the best place to start as Calrex would ask how he was and then ask about Piera as well which was left with a bit of silence. Lee wasn't really one for pity as he would raise his shield to cover his mouth as he cleared his throat and then answer "Going through a rough patch but nothing I can't deal with. Kinda why I wanted to head up here, to clear my head and all that good jazz." He would then quickly alter the subject "How have things been going on your end? You have to have some cool stories with some bosses or high level monsters. You ever fought a dragon? This game has to have dragons."

"Heh, well the closest thing to a dragon I've fought so far is the Sea Wyvern field boss on the twelfth floor. Not exactly the same, but fairly close. I'm sure we'll probably meet some of those on the upper floors. As for cool stories with bosses and such, well, sad to say mine aren't really the most notable. Probably because of my particular tactics, few of my battles are close calls, as I try to keep things as much on the safe side as possible."

Calrex gave a nod as he continued to follow the armored man as he kept his hands in his pockets. If he were being honest, after all of the battles he had been through, he probably would prefer things this way, casually wandering through the different floors rather than trying to drive himself to higher levels in order to help everyone in the floor raids. Especially with the latest one. Taking one of his hands out of his jacket pocket he put it behind his head as he continued to casually scan around, "In any case, I wonder what we'll find out here. I've seen more than my fair share of goats and lizards, heh."

"Hey, wyvern is close enough to count and like you said, if this game is like..." He would pause as if to think of something and then continued "ANY other game, a dragon is going to be in here somewhere." Calrex would go on to say that his own adventures were not of any real merit as he liked to stay alive rather than fight for something that could outright kill him... or at least this was something that he gathered from the conversation and with all things considered, that was the best plan of action. Something was beginning to make itself out in the distance just as Calrex began to speak of being tired of fighting lizards and goats to which Lee had to quickly shoot a hand up to cover his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud. The image of a goat being on a boss tier level but still being nothing but a simple goat was hilarious to think about. He would stop as he would take in a deep breath and point off in the distance and try to speak calmly "Things. I think those things are worth hitting." Not to far from them were two rock-like creatures, shaped to look like a child had taken boulders and superglued them together to try and make said house. They were unaware of the two players presence and were simply feeding on the ground itself. 

Lee
HP:36  EN:9
Calrex
HP:240  EN:60

Stone Horse 1
HP:120
DMG: 21 MIT: 30
Stone Horse 2
HP:120
DMG: 21 MIT: 30