[PP-F1] Hunting With Unease (Allania)

Gaster sat on a bench next to the Gate,one leg crossed over the other and his hands in his lap, waiting patiently for Allania to arrive and take him hunting. Although he was glad to admit he was spending so much time with a friend, he was rattled by the fact that he would be brought into battle. He knew he would have to fight one day or another, so he'd have to get some experience under the belt. He only wished he could practice on a training dummy, like he used to when he practiced his speaking. "I do hope I'm not too much of a bother." he said to himself, worried about the countless possibilities of the forthcoming battles. "Maybe... I can just watch? No, that won't do any good." he thought, battling his pacifistic nature.

Allania walked out of her shop, Blaze by her side, twisting her right hand around her wrist, feeling the new bracer under her grip. It was something she had taken from her stock just for today. Extra thorns was always useful when out hunting monsters. Especially when they have high mitigation. She quickly hurried towards the gate where they had planned to meet. Arriving shortly Allania spotted Gaster sitting on a bench by the gate. "HEY!!" she called out, her voice loud to carry over the throng of people, her hand in the air waving towards Gaster. It was nice to see him once again, and in good health. Today was their first hunting trip.

Spoiler

Equipped:

- Boarhide Bodice (light armour, 2 mit & 1 thorn)

- Rondel (1H dagger, +2 DMG)

- Encouraging Bracers (1 thorn & 2 savvy)

In Inventory:

- Silken Cloak (+3Eva)

- First of Zandrar (dress, +2 LD)

x1 +27 mitigation potion

x1 +2DMG potion

x5 +10 HP potion

Hearing a familiar voice, Gaster was pulled away from the duels of his inner demons. When he looked up, he saw Allania approaching him, waving with a smile on her face. He stood and returned booth. "Hello," he said, approaching her to meet partway. "I'm ready to go out again whenever you are, although I must say, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I know I must learn how to fight if I am to survive in this world, but my better nature is telling me not to. It is truly a troubling conflict." he said, keeping the more negative thoughts his imagination was producing in the back of his mind to keep from spoiling the day.

Allania listened quietly to what Gaster had to hear, nodding slightly as he spoke to acknowledge what he was saying. Once Gaster finished speaking Allania spoke herself "I'm ready to go, so we can head on out" she said, slowly starting to walk through the gate. "As for being unsure about this, that is completely understandable, how about this?" she asked, "we go and find a group of Boar's, ones that would give us some mats. We'll go for 4 of them, nice simple and safe. That armour of yours should protect you, and deal some damage if you are hit. If you're feeling uncomfortable or don't want to fight anymore then just sit to the side and let me deal with it. So pretty much just testing the waters to see how it goes".

Gaster nodded at Allania's proposal. "Yes, I believe that is a well enough idea." he said, following Allania out the gate. Perhaps he could find a training dummy somewhere if he looked hard enough. Stopping to look around for any boars every now and then, Gaster equipped his Hard Leather Chestplate MK2 (+2 MIT +1 THN) and Basic Rapier. He gripped the hilt of his rapier, nervous about any sort of encounter. "Um... Do you think I will be alright? Trying to fight, I mean."

"You will be fine, that armour of yours will protect you from all but the smallest amount of damage. 1 point of damage will always get through, but that's just how it works. If you want to avoid blows I could lend you my cloak? It will make it so the creatures will almost never hit you, and when they do it will be just the 1 point of HP you lose" Allania offered, walking down the path. Before long in their walked she deterred from the path, wandering up the side of a hill to see what could be seen. At the crest of the hill there was a solitary tree, casting its shade on the area around it. Standing under the trees, away from the sun in its cool cover Allania began to search the horizon for a group of enemies that they could take on, ones that would be guaranteed to drop them some materials.

"Ah, I see."  Gaster ignored the many things that were pulling at his eyes to follow that path that Allania did. He kept a long stride wanting to keep up with her, and followed her when she went off the path and up the hill. "I believe I will be alright without the cape, but I thank you for the offer. You are much too kind." he said, scanning the fields once he got to the top of the hill. He could see several boar scattered around the fields, peacefully grazing. He knew this was going to tug at his conscience.

"Okay" she said in response, her eyes fixed on the plains. After a short while of searching she found what she was looking for, a small group of Boars, just 4, but it would be enough. "Follow me" she called out, running to the group she had spotted. As she reached the mobs she soon entered their aggro range, causing them to turn on her, pounding at the ground and snorting. Allania took out her dagger, ready for what was to come. As they charged Allania side stepped their spear-like tusks, aiming to strike at them as they went past, but ended up missing also.

ID# 56118 results:

Battle: 4 (miss)

MOB: 2 (miss) (savvy activates, Allania gets +2BD until she hits)

Boar_1  34/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_2  34/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_3  34/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_4  34/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Allania 68/68HP | 15/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Gaster hesitated. He saw the four boars at the bottom of the hill, and he knew that fighting the four of them would be a challenge, not just for his body, but for his mind as well. Unsure of himself, of slowly edged his way down the hill, his grip on the hilt of his rapier tightening the further he went down the hill. "I... I can do this, right?" he thought. Gaster drew his rapier from its sheath and held it out in front of him. His palms were sweaty, and his knuckles were a ghostly white. He drew in an unsteady breath, assuring himself that he was unsure of what he was doing.

Allania looked back to see Gaster stood there, unsure of himself. "It's okay if you don't want to participate" she called out to him, dodging the charges of the Boars, deftly dodging their daring daggers. Her own dagger slicing quickly through the air as they ran past her, slicing deep into their hide, leaving a deep red pixelated gash. The cut was quick and efficient, no crazy swinging like some players attacked. "it is not that hard, but like I said, if it's not for you then feel more than happy to sit by the side, we can still split the spoils" a smile on her face while amidst the bulky figures of the Boars.

ID# 56120 results:

Battle: 9 (crit, +1DMG)

MOB: 1 (miss)  (savvy activates, Allania gets +2BD until she hits)

SA: round accel (2*1 AoE)

DMG: (7+1)*2 - 9 = 7DMG

Boar_1  27/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_2  27/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_3  27/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_4  27/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Allania 68/68HP | 12/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Gaster, swallowed a lump in his throat. He was battling too many conflicts at once. He wanted to help Allania fight, but conversely, he didn't want to go against his own morals, but while he didn't wish to go against his morals he didn't wish to sit there and be useless. Even though he didn't wish to be useless, his nerves were racked about what might happen. Anything could. He might mess up, he might not. The two of them might end up succeeding and walking away with rewards in hand, or he might slip up and perish right there, impaled by the tusk of one of the boars, although that one seemed unlikely.

Among all the scenarios he thought up in his panic filled head, the most sensible one he came up with was the most simple, and the easiest solution to several things. Therefore, he followed it without a second thought. Gaster hung his head and sheathed his rapier. He moved back up the hill a ways and sat down, watching Allania fight for a bit, hiding his sad expression behind his scarf, trying not to discourage her.

It seemed he was not quite ready for fighting yet she noted. Seeing out of the corner of her eye as he wandered back up the hill, his rapier no longer in hand. Allania could not hesitate yet though, she was still in the middle of a battle. She could try to run away, but then it would have been all for naught. So she focused once again and once again avoided their tusks, this time bounding after their charging form, keeping them close while she cut out with her dagger, once again cutting into their tough hides.

ID# 56122 results:

Battle: 4 + 2 = 6 (hit)

MOB: 1 (crit fail)

SA: round accel (2*1 AoE)

DMG: 7*2 - 9 = 5DMG

Boar_1  22/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_2  22/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_3  22/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_4  22/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Allania 68/68HP | 9/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Gaster couldn't help but feel like he should be doing something. He didn't like the fact that he was just sitting there while Allania was fighting. Having such a compelling feeling to do something, he decided to try gathering materials. Gaster got up off the ground and began searching through the grass, looking over stones, under them, and inspecting various plants.

ID# 56124 Results

Loot: 9 (No mat)

Edited by Gaster

Satisfied that the Boars would not be able to recover so quickly and attack again yet, Allania looked up to where she had seen Gaster wander off to. he seemed to be mmmmph. The sound escaped her mouth as she was slammed into by the Boars, who had recovered much sooner than she though they would. They had landed a good solid blow, but it worked a lot more in her favour, as the thorns on her bodice and bracers activated, scraping deep grooves into the Boars, dealing more damage than she had done to them yet.

ID# 56125 results:

Battle: 1 (crit fail)

MOB: 6 (hit)

Boar_1  8/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_2  8/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_3  8/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_4  8/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Allania 64/68HP | 8/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Edited by Allania

Gaster picked a dandelion and held onto it for a moment. He looked back at Allania to see how she was doing just in time to see her get struck by a boar. He was indeed worried about her, but he had a feeling that she was going to be alright. He went back to his search, unable to remove the sick feeling in his stomach, and blew away the seeds of the dandelion, wishing that the feeling in his stomach would begone.

ID# 56127 Results

Loot: 2 (No Mat)

Edited by Gaster

The blow had surprised her, but it worked to her favour, as the Boars thrashed their heads about, causing her health to once again tick down slowly. It was a little scratch to her. She was in the perfect place to attack, spinning on the spot, her dagger a set distance from her body as it sliced through the flesh of the Boars. Once her spin had finished the Boar's exploded into pixelated fragments. Nothing remaining except for the materials and col dropped. Picking them up Allania headed towards where she had last seen Gaster.

ID# 56129 results:

Battle: 9 (crit, +1DMG)

Loot: 11 

MOB: 6 (hit)

Boar_1  0/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_2  0/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_3  0/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Boar_4  0/34 HP | 9 MIT | 15DMG.

Allania 60/68HP | 5/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

+4 mats

+600 col

Edited by Allania

Gaster found nothing where he was searching. He stood and checked on Allania again, and saw her coming towards him. "Are you alright?" he asked, seeing a scratch on her. He wished he could have been helping her, but the thing he wished for the most, is that he was a little braver. Gaster sat back down on the hill, holding his knees close to his chest. "Um... Did it go well?" he asked.

ID# 56130 Results

Loot: 5 (No mat)

Edited by Gaster

Allania walked up the hill towards Gaster, approaching him with a smile. "I'm fine" she called out, sheathing her dagger as she moved closer. "It was a decent fight, they were somewhat of a push over though" Allania admitted, noting how they had dealt such a small amount of damage to her in the fight. Allania watched as Gaster curled up into almost a ball on the floor so she sat down beside him and spoke softly "it's okay, like I said you didn't have to participate if you didn't want to. You had your rapier out and were ready in case you needed to fight. That's a big first step, so well done!" she said, a beaming smile on her face.

Allania 63/68HP | 6/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR

Gaster was quiet for a moment. After his moment of silence, he returned a smiled to Allania. "Thank you. You are too kind." Gaster looked off into the fields and stared at the many groups of graing boar. It was a peaceful and pleasing sight to him. He figured keep a mental painting what he saw, for he knew that this peace wouldn't last. It might, but but not for long. After another, long quiet moment Gaster took for himself, he remembered what they were fighting them for in the first place. "Did you get the materials?" he asked, turning to Allania.

"Noo, I'm just trying to help is all," Allania said with a smile, "and yes, I got a few materials, one from each so I managed to gather 4, they also dropped a bit of col, so we can split that". Allania then got to her feet, stretching out and looking at her health bar, just a moment longer and she'd be at full health and energy. "So then, " she started to say, still stretching out her back "what shall we do now? We could head on back to the town, try again with the fighting, or just try something else. The option is yours" she said once she finished listing the options. She extended her hand out to him, hand open "come on, let's go".

Allania 66/68HP | 7/17 Energy | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 7 THR