[F14-PP] Slightly more fancy than necromancer <The Lich's Calling> (Xion) [Completed]

Another quest was headed into Macradon's mind. After the desperse of the first party, Macradon invited Xion for yet another adventure, this time it was a slightly more difficult quest. Macradon was clad in all his guild armor as like he was in guild presence, but Xion was also a guild member, so having guild colors on would benefit them both. Macradon had his banner ready for when Xion would arrive at the point they had selected. Macradon stood and waited for Xion in the main Plaza of the fourteenth floor, just so they could get going.

Stats:

Spoiler

- Macradon -
Health: 161
Energy: 39
Mitigation: 66
Damage: 13
Accuracy: +1
Regen: 1 (Regenerates 18 health when hit on a roll of CD 6+)
Recovery: 2 (Recovers 2 Energy on a roll of CD 10+)

- Skills -
Two handed Straight Sword: Rank 5 (+5 Damage)
- Finesse on First rank Sword Arts
- Precision (+1 Accuracy)
Heavy Armor: Rank 3 (+ 12 Mitigation)
- Athletics: +5 Health, +1 Damage
Charge: Rank 2 (+2 Damage on first attack)
Fighting Spirit: +1 Hate generation
Search and Detect: Rank 2

- Equipment -
Scarecrow's Sickle: +6 Damage, 1 Bleed
Blood Crusader's Halfplate: (+ 54 Mitigation)
Blood Crusader's Bracers: (+2 Recovery, +1 en (Regenerates 18 health on a CD of 10+ after getting hit))

Edited by Macradon

Xion walked out of the teleport gate on the fourteenth floor, his armour clanking loudly as he did, the Crimson and gold half cloak on his left shoulder catching some air as he strode forth from the blue gate. "Mac should be around here somewhere" he mused to himself, scratching his head as he looked for the man, quickly spotting him. 

"Macradon, going to take me on another adventure?" He said with a grin as he looked up at the taller man. 

"Yes, the more EXP the better, right?" he said as Xion had approached. Bringing out his banner of command again, Macradon would stick it into the ground and enlighten the two as well as taking out a potion to smear out on his sword to enhance its damage. Macradon would get ready and head towards the Lich King's palace, it was a long walk, but the two of them would cover the distance like it was nothing. Macradon was holding the banner in his left arm and would show it off to enlighten the mood for the two. They would come and conquer the Lich's palace.

[Macradon +4 damage from potion]
[+1 Damage for Xion and Macradon]

A small chuckle came from Xion as he listened to Macradon's quip.  "That is true, and boy do I need it. The frontlines won't wait for me and I'm so bloody close. Five more levels is all that I need in order to be of some use" he said with a smile as Macradon went about buffing both himself and Xion, increasing their damage output in order to make the boss fight easier. 

"How about we get going then?" The blonde asked, waiting for Macradon to lead the way as he had taken on the quest before. 

It was a long walk the two would go through while Macradon would lead the way. A big Colosseum like palace would slowly begin to reveal itself in front of the two knights. A dark and withered old building with holes and cracks everywhere. "Let's go in and say hi" he said with a witty smile on his lips as he would enter the palace. As he entered, a skeletal voice much alike Skeletor, would crack and yell out "Who dares enter my palace ... MYAH!" it said. Casually, Macradon would thrust the banner into the ground ans raise his hand "I did, and my fellow guild member here" he said with a very satisfying smile and pointed towards Xion "I came here to take over your palace" he said. "Then you have to kill me first!" the skeleton said as it would draw its big sword. "You heard the man" Macradon would say to Xion.

- Party -
[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 39 NRG
[0]Xion:            52 HP | 34 MIT | 5 DMG | 13 NRG

<Lich King> 350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG | Heals MAX HP of skeleton when skeletons are slain near him
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies)

Edited by Macradon

Xion gulped as he saw the palace come into view, its ruined and creepy exterior was impressive, Kayaba had obviously put a lot of work into each and every quest so far. "Well at least the lich king has a nice looking place" he said with an uneasy chuckle as the two of them entered the abode of the skeletal monarch. The blonde tank had to stifle his laughter as the lich king spoke. he sounded like skeletor from a VERY old cartoon that Xion was fond of. 

"Yes, and I will assist him, in overthrowing you and taking your castle. How you may ask? Well fabulous secret powers were revealed to me when I held aloft my spear and said 'By the power of Kayaba" he said before thrusting his spear skywards, the paralysis effect on it causing lightning to burst forth from the weapon, giving it a mystical and magical appearance. "I HAVE THE POWER" Xion bellowed in a comedic manner, holding his spear and shield in a ready stance. 

"Shall we Macradon?"

- Party -
[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 39 NRG
[0]Xion:            80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG

<Lich King> 350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG | Heals MAX HP of skeleton when skeletons are slain near him
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies)

Edited by Xion

Trying to hold in his laughter as Xion did his He-Man reference, Macradon would ready himself with his sword and be ready to attack the king. "Yeah, let's go. He will heal when we kill smaller mobs, so I'll take his aggro and you take the smaller's aggro, k? Oh, and don't kill them, they will only heal the LIch king" he would say as he would charge straight up to the Lich King and face him one on one. As Macradon picked up the pace to get at the Lich king. The Lich would take his greatsword and point towards Macradon and Xion "Kill them!" the skeletal king said with the high pitched voice as 2 skeletal warriors would appear. Using his <Disguise> skill, Macradon his himself as one of the skeletons and would be able to get up to the Lich king without him noticing. Macradon got close and with 4 swift and devastating blows to the Lich King, the health would deplete very fast, getting the King's hp into the yellow zone. "Take this!" Macradon said after finishing his sword art, <Calamitous Tragedy>.

Spoiler

ID: 56326
MD: 2, miss.

ID: 56327
BD: 4+1+1=6, hit.
CD: 10, Recovery Proc.
Sword art used: <Calamitous Tragedy> 4x3x20(13base + 4potion + 1banner + 2charge)=240 DMG

<Disguise used>

- Party -
[2]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 29/39 NRG (-12 energy, +2 Recovery)
[0]Xion:            80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG

<Lich King> 150/350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG | Heals MAX HP of skeleton when skeletons are slain near him (-240 damage, healed 40 HP)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG
<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG

Edited by Macradon

ID: 56331

BD: 8 (Hit. PAR activated) 

Xion watched as Macradon used a powerful sword art on the lich king, decimating it's HP with  a series of brutal sword strikes, the kind himself summoning skeletal warriors in order to aid him, which would be Xion's targets. "It will be done" the tank said as he faced the weaker enemies, confident that Macradon could kill the kind with ease. Xion charged towards one of the shambling creatures, his spear sparking with electricity, a sign that the paralysis enhancement was going to activate. "Perfect.." he said witha  grin before thrusting the head of the spear into it's ribcage, electricity surging into the mob before it fell top the ground, unable to move. 

"One down but no for long" he said. 

[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 29/39 NRG 
[0]Xion:            80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG (-1 from attacking, +1 turn regen) 

<Lich King> 150/350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG | Heals MAX HP of skeleton when skeletons are slain near him (-240 damage, healed 40 HP)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Shambling Soldier> 15 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG (PAR for one turn) 
<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG

Xion seemed to have pulled the aggro of the two soldiers that the Lich King ordered to fight. Macradon would just focus on killing the Lich here and now. He would not let the Lich spawn more mobs, but it seemed like the Skeletal Lichs would heal all the undeads on the field anyways, which made Macradon force to kill the lich king first and then onto his minions. Macradon would do the same as before, doing a overkill on the lich king with the same 4 swipes that would disperse the lich king into pixels and crystals. "I really need a "That was easy" button ..." he said as he saw the lich die. "Tank those two soldiers and I'll take care of the healers!" Macradon shouted back at Xion.

Spoiler

ID: 56335 
BD: 9+1=19, crit +1 DMG.
CD: 6, Recovery Proc.
LD: 17+2=19, Bonus mat!
Sword art used: <Calamitous Tragedy> 4x3x19(13base + 4potion + 1banner +1crit)=228 DMG

ID: 56336
MD: 7, Hit. 1 DMG

- Party -
[2]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 29/39 NRG 
[3]Xion:        79/80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG (1 DMG) 

<Lich King> -78/350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG DEAD
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Skeletal Lich> 45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG | Heals 20 HP to all undead every turn (Cannot attack Enemies) (Healing 20 HP to all undeads)
<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG (PAR for one turn) (Healed 40)
<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG (Healed 40)

- Loot acquired -
Col: 1750
Mats: 2

Edited by Macradon

ID: 56519

BD: 10 (HIT) (par activated) 

Xion watched as Macradon took the skeletal king down with ease, a final desperate "Nyeh" could be heard as the boss' health reached zero, before he disappeared into blue crystals. "Tank those two soldiers and I'll take care of the healers!" the blonde tank heard Macradon say, nodding as he turned to face the one remaining skeletal soldier, the other was alive but seemed to still be struggling against the effects of paralysis, it would probably get up soon. "Your turn" he said to the soldier that he had not attacked, running and thrusting his spear into it's chest electricity surging into it's undead form before he threw it ton the ground violently. 

"I can't deal enough damage to keep them down Macradon" 

[2]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 29/39 NRG 
[5]Xion:        79/80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG 

<Lich King> -78/350 HP | 0 MIT | 112 DMG DEAD
<Shambling Soldier> 13 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG (5 base DMG +2 from BD:10) [PAR] 

Macradon would quickly take a look backwards, noticing that Xion wasn't the one to deal damage, though he was able to fend the skeletal warriors off Macradon, which was great so he could focus on the healers. Macradon would get his sword down into a Neben guard where his sword was behind him to his left side, touching the ground. Macradon would lower his stance to activate his sword art. A glowing sword was what was behind Macradon, and a rush of speed that came from his <Charge> skill pushed him forward. He would start a swing that would cleave in the mid section of the two skeletal Lichs, with help from the system, Macradon was able to swing it back the same direction, striking through the skeletons once again, finishing it off with a spin to follow up on the cleave and create more momentum, finishing his sword art with the last and third strike. Now the only mobs that were left were the ones Xion were facing. "On my way" Macradon shouted as he would come down from the throne place of the lich king. The skeletal warrior that had just been stunned would retaliate against Xion with a swift attack with its old sword, landing a perfect hit on the tank, though the attack was great, the damage done to the tank was quite minor.

Spoiler

ID: 56611
BD: 5+1=6, hit.
CD: 8, Recovery proc.
Sword art used: <Eruption> 3x1x20=60 AOE DMG.

ID: 56612
MD: 10, Crit +2 DMG. 44-44=1 DMG.

[2]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 20/39 NRG (-12 Energy, +3)
[5]Xion:        78/80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 20 NRG (1 DMG)

<Skeletal Lich> -15/45 HP | 0 MIT | 25 DMG Dead
<Shambling Soldier> 13 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG [PAR] 

Edited by Macradon

ID: 56936

BD: 4 (Miss) 

Xion let out a sigh of relief as Macradon took down the skeletal healers, the two annoying mobs had been healing at a faster rate than Xion could do damage and with them out of the way the remaining warriors wouldn't be too hard. 

"Thank god. Now let's finish this and get out of here" Xion said before lashing out with his spear, missing but it didn't matter much as he knew that Macradon would most likely one shot them.

[2]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 20/39 NRG 
[5]Xion:        78/80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 19 NRG 

<Shambling Soldier> 13 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG 

"Aye" Macradon shouted as he rushed down to the two last skeletal soldiers and would strike them down with his lowest AOE to save energy for the dungeon hunt. Macradon would jump down to towards the tank with his <Charge> activated, readying his sword mid air to unleash a sword art in the air, taking out the two soldiers on his way down. With two swift strikes horizontally, he would demolish the last two soldiers, wiping off the sweat from his forehead as he landed after finishing off the skeletons of the castle. "Phew ... guess that was it" he said "Let's go dungeon hunting" he said and would then equip his Blood Oath Tabbard that would help him look out for dungeons and other treasures.

Spoiler

ID: 56943
BD: 9+1=10, crit +1.
Sword art used: <Blast> 2x1x21=42 AOE DMG STUN.

[0]Macradon: 161 HP | 66 MIT | 18 DMG | 15/39 NRG (-5 Energy)
[0]Xion:        78/80 HP | 44 MIT | 5 DMG | 19 NRG 

<Shambling Soldier> 20 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG Dead
<Shambling Soldier> 13 HP | 0 MIT | 42 DMG Dead

Edited by Macradon

Xion smiled as Macradon took out the remaining skeletal warriors, officially completing the quest by doing so. "Bloody hell" he said, as he leant on his spear, looking at their loot. "At least this pays well, and finding a dungeon will increase our loot by a great deal" he mused before closing his menu. 

"Lead the way then" 

"Last time I were looking for dungeons on this floor, the obvious call would've been around hidden some obscure place, but this dungeon I found was one of the most obvious places that anyone could've found without even trying to" Macradon told Xion. It was the time when he was venturing through the floor with Dom. "It was behind one of these doors in this big castle, just around here in this hall" he said and gestured to the big array of doors flooding the hall of the Lich King's castle.

Xion nodded as Macradon explained how he had found a dungeon before, it was true that some of them were hidden in painfully obvious places. "So can we just walk in and start kicking ass or no? I'm still not 100% clear when it comes to dungeons to be honest, again it's something that I tend to leave to people like Opal and Hirru, I just take hits for people" the tank explained with an awkward chuckle.  

"Well, we could try to open all these doors and see if we find anything" he said as he would approach one of the doors "What usually happens is that it leads to a long corridor and then to a big room filled with mobs that need to be slain and then a big boss approaches" he said "Sometimes stronger than quest bosses" he added. He approached the stone door and would pull it up, revealing what was behind it. A small cabin with near to nothing hid inside. Macradon sighed as he would go to the next door.

Xion nodded in response to Macradon's answer "I see, man even though I'm level 20 ish I still have a lit to learn...but eh" he said with a shrug before walking up to one of the doors, opening it and hoping that he would find something. "Nope...there's something here but I think it leads to a dead end, by the looks of it at least" the tank said before closing the door, hoping that one of them would have some luck soon. 

Macradon was quite sure that luck wasn't on their side, he opened and closed, opened and closed. Rinse repeat. He quickly grew tired of opening empty rooms with either no materials or just a wall behind it. "Who designed this castle ..." he said, commenting on the bad design with a lot of doors with no real purpose other than to look fancy as heck. The sun was slowly setting outside the castle and the light of the interior would slowly disappear "We gotta hurry finding this dungeon before darkness falls" he said as some mobs became stronger at night, especially undead mobs.

(should someone roll or? also sorry for the wait, stuffs is happening irl) 

"Kayaba...and it would seem that he has an odd choice when it comes to building layouts" Xion said with a sigh as he opened another door. "Bloody nothing again, if we don't find it soon we should either kill some time with hunting or go" the blonde tank said, huffing in frustration. "Kayaba you piece of crap give me a dungeon" he said before hitting the wall.