(OP Floor 1) Starting Out

Khrysaor felt a chill run through his body. What the player just said is logical and Khrysaor even started the game with that mindset, but only be more of a solo player. He still only want to solo the game mostly but started to think of having friends and get trustworthy party members of about the same level. It would certainly be more beneficial and rewarding. 'But seriously did this guy have to say it in a creepy way and with a twisted face. He is saying anyone of us could be the next psycho, but I think he is psycho or at least might turn into one. Seriously, this guy is giving me the chills,' thought Khrysaor. Khrysaor even missed what Ronin was trying to tell him at the moment.

He was already thinking of sending the other two friend request even before this crazy player started talking. Khrysaor thought, 'I just hope the other two are thinking along the same lines, because I would actually love the chance to party with someone I could at least trust on some level. This would be my first time doing it. All the other time I have only soloed through the quests.' He decided he was at least going to ignore what the new player said from now on, he did not really want to get mixed up with him. Khrysaor then said to the other two, "So, Delta and you Rain, want to actually party up and go hunting, or questing together."

Edited by Khrysaor

Seeing the players gather together and begin talking, Nikodemus looked them all over and noticed a few he knew. Deciding to be friendly, Nikodemus cracked his knuckles and then rolled his shoulders and stood up. Wandering over, he sidled up behind Ronin and reached out poking the chain smoker in the back of the head. "Shouldn't smoke in the ladies presence mate. Bad manners and all." Next he nodded to Khrysaor, someone he had been in contact with recently. Lastly he looked over at Rowan. He knew the man by reputation. The others were new players he hadn't met. "I am Nikodemus. You can call me that, or Niko, or Hatter, or even Nutter if your so inclined. It is nice to meet anyone I do not yet know. As for partying and hunting, be careful. The mobs are the least of our worries lately. You need to be sure the people your with will have your back no matter what."

"Man, all this talk about PKers and people going psycho really has everyone on edge... If you want to send me a friend request, send it. Maybe I'll accept." Rain laughed out loud as he slowly starts walking away from everyone. He then turns back around to face everyone. "Oh yeah, I'm definitely up for partying up for quests or just hunting, just pm me. I'm pretty sure I won't be leaving the Town of Beginnings anytime soon." he said. The he proceeded to turn back around walking away. His hands, raised high in the air, waving to everyone goodbye.

Edited by Rain

Greg sighs. "I'm not one to be an attention-hog but is everyone seriously just ignoring me?" He mutters. Apparently everyone had forgotten that the KoB member was even there., and it annoyed him. Also, another player said not to trust people who are higher-levelled than them- which, in all honesty, made no sense to Greg. It would more be an issue of trust rather than level. Greg wouldn't party with someone who was untrustworthy, regardless of whether he was a higher or lower level.

Khrysaor waves to Rain goodbye, as he says, "Yea, maybe I will." He just barely heard what Greg muttered, and knew he should not be ignoring the guy who was going to be giving him some information and helping him out. Khrysaor turned back to Greg and said, "Oh, sorry about that, did not really mean to ignore you. I was just absorbed in other conversation, so where were we?"

While Khrysaor waited for Greg's reply, he looked up into the and the clouds that were slowly drifting along. 'I should spend some time relaxing in my favorite spot and do some cloud watching.' thought Khrysaor. He started to look around him, observing what the other players were doing and their interactions. After, a moment Khrysaor twisted his head back to Greg, and waited for his reply.

Edited by Khrysaor

"I had just asked you which floor you wanted to know about, as far as scenery goes. Only on floors 1 through 9, though. I've not been above floor 10. Not high enough levelled for that." Greg quips. Greg had also heard the offer to party up and hunt together that was extended to the man who just walked off. "If you need help with something, I'm also available." Greg says. "Despite the ramblings of the guy earlier, the level of players you party up with does not matter as long as they're trustworthy. In fact, power-levelling is a fairly common practice." Greg said. "At least, that's what I remember."

"Hmm, yea I kind of figured about the power-level and trustworthiness of players. I really don't know what the other guy was talking about. Still, there is a bit of truth in it as well, like the low leveled players do need to be at least a bit cautious about the higher ones. Oh, well," said Khrysaor. He did not feel like talking about this topic any further. So, Khrysaor decided to change topics, and said, "So, you have been to the first 9 floors then. How were they?"

Khrysaor hoped that his change in topics was a success and hoped the others got the message that he did not want to continue on this line of discussion anymore. Khrysaor thought, 'Hmm, I do wonder what the other floors are like, and how different they are compared to the Town of Beginnings and floor 1. Sooner or later, I will make sure to get up to those floors and beyond.' Khrysaor wondered if there was ever going to be a chance for him to actually make it to the front-lines and help out the raiding parties.

Edited by Khrysaor

"Ho yea" I said "Trust worthy, that was the word that I looked for." I said to Khrysaor, then pretend to notice that Greg Baxen is there, it was obvious that I ignored him on purpose "You know it's funny that this word came for KoB member. After the murder they did...Remind me, out of the two PK's there, both of them were made by KoB members or only one?"

Then he smiled and walk away from them.

Edited by orhalimi

Ah, what a wonderful day! The sun was shining the sky was, now blue. Oh it was wonderful. The whole day couldn't of gotten any better, that was after he bought his heavy armor due to his heavy armor skill (though level one) he was able to buy some cheap armor. Finally Derick was on his way to becoming a true Tank Knight. Why? He wanted to save others, it was his duty his moral code, Yet that wasn't important here now was it. No. Derick had finally waved at the shop keeper as he placed his helmet on his head. His steps made soft clanks on the stone path. He let out a nice laugh as he started to walk towards a tree it was time for him to have a nap. It may not of been a  busy day, but he really did need this. With a heavy sigh, he reached the oak tree, pressed his back against it and slid down. Yet there was voices coming from not far off, he thought he might say hi... but maybe, he should just watch. A Nap can wait. This armor was really low class but it hid his face. which was important to him. Perhaps he could find someone who was a blacksmith, he knew that would come in handy sooner or later. 

Edited by GuidingKnight

Listening to the banter about PKers, Nikodemus kept to himself mostly. After a moment or two, one person had left the group. The others remained and were still talking about the floor 15 incident. Out of the corner of his eye, Nikodemus noticed a new comer approaching. Smiled sheepishly, Nikodemus threw his hand into the air and began to wave. "Hi there! Come join us!" Looking back to the others he rolled his shoulders to work out the tension in them slowly. "I only wish for many to show caution when venturing out with unknown people. I can vouch for some of the people here, others I do not know for sure. I just don't wish to see anymore needless death. In my opinion, every player should be working together to finish this damned game, not killing one another. I became a Blacksmith so I could help low leveled players get better gear so they can level up, and so I can help frontliners when the need arises. So, do not mistake my words for cowardice. With the loss of any player, low leveled or frontliner alike, that is one more step back we take from getting home."

In the background, Bhairyuu had been meandering around town while being preoccupied with his own thoughts regarding the mental list of  objectives he had set himself to accomplish before he could start venturing outside the walls of the Town of Beginnings. This was when, through his peripheral visual field, he caught sight of a group of his fellow players standing huddled next to each other, all having rather serious and some even with looks of apprehension on their faces. Intrigued as to the reason why they were doing this, he decided to approach the group in order to find out what had them all so worried since his keen instinct told him that whatever it was might just have far reaching repercussions that could possibly end up affecting his own saga in this game world in some significant way. 

So, he started to walk towards them making sure to do so from the front rather than the back so as to ally any fears or suspicions they may likely have about him, all the while wondering what could be so grave as to mar the faces of such a considerable number of players with expressions of worry. Once he was within earshot, he called out, not to any one person in particular, but rather to the entire group saying in his baritone but yet somewhat melodious voice and while raising his hand in a lazy wave of greeting

"Greetings to you, my fellow players! What could be so grave as to put such expressions of worry on your faces? If it is alright with you, would you let me in on the reason? Perhaps there is something I can do to help..."

He was thinking, 'Why, the hell are these people still talking about the PKers, I just wanted to have some casual conversation.' Khrysaor was fed up with it, and started to walk away. As he was walking, he noticed another player heading in his direction. The new guy wore some of the most eccentrically exotic clothing, at least compared to most of the other players on Aincrad. As the player walked towards them, he asked about the problem everyone discussing was worried about. When Khrysaor heard him, he decided to head him off before he reached the group and said, "Nothing you can really help with. They keep on talking about the rumor of the PKers who killed the players just before the 15th boss raid and these PKers seemed to have come from one of the strongest guilds, the KoB. I really don't have a clue if it is true or false, but now the others have there guard up and are getting suspicious of everyone else. Though in a game like this it is best to cautious of those who you party with, anyone can stab you in the back."

Bhairyuu listened intently to the player who had come up to him from the group as he explained the situation to him. As the player told him about the PKer incident just before the 15th floor boss raid, Bhairyuu stayed silent and did not interrupt the player, but as he heard how those PKers that were the source of the rumors and apparently the cause of the incident were members of one of the strongest guilds in this game world, his eyes darkened and his gaze intensified several times over, as if it had been overcome by some boundless icy-cold fury while his lips twisted into an excited smirk as he realized that he may have just stumbled onto the first clue in the game world about the very quarry in pursuit of which he had entered into it. However, this change only lasted for a brief instant and his face was then back to the same innocently curious expression it had before he heard the information and he replied to the player, making sure to keep his tone unwavering

"Hmm, interesting...PKers you say?...and they are from one of the strongest guild in this game world?...I see, no wonder all of you were looking so on edge...that sort of incident would put just about anyone on their guard against their fellow players...thanks for the info though, even if it is just a rumor...I will be sure to watch my back since it would be a royal pain if I were to die before I succeed in accomplishing my objectives in entering this world." 

He spoke thus and then fell silent, waiting for the player to reply back if he so desired, all the while keeping half his attention on this player and the other half of his mind busy wondering if the PKers that the player had informed him about could possibly be members of Mugen-Apophis, the group that was his sworn enemy.

Listening to the newcomer, as well as the crowd, Nikodemus let a small sigh out and then smiled. Looking around, a bit in curiosity he couldn't help but relax slightly. After a moment he spoke once more. "Even ignoring the rumors of PKers, Cardinal seems to be adjusting to us here. More often players are being swarmed by mob spawns, boss fights are becoming exceedingly more and more difficult and dangerous. Even random quests that seem normal on the surface have shown themselves to be more difficult than even info brokers know. I only suggest caution. I and many others, are more than happy to help players get some weapons and armor to help them, and have offered to help with quests and hunting parties. Mack on floor 4 helps does this also. There are even Alchemists, Cooks, and Tailors who occasionally try to help also. We need to clear this damned game and get home. We will only succeed in this if we have as many players as possible helping."

• 2 weeks later...

Leon was still wandering around town. He's still extremely new to this game, but he's excited to explore. As he went around, he see a large group of people conversing with each other. With a grin on his face, he start power walking towards the group. As he got closer, he can hear them talk about stuff, but he doesn't know what exactly. Once he felt close enough, he brightly says "Hi guys!" I'm new here. What are you guys talking about?" with a slight awkward smile on his face. He doesn't know what he's doing, but he wants to survive this death game. He needs to meet more new people.