[PP-F4] Blood of the Moon - What is a Hero? - Epilogue (Flints, Razum-dar)

Endilix had been lucky, all things considered. Had he taken a bit more damage during the fight, or had the Executioner been just a bit more powerful he would have been dead. He stared off into the distance after he was sent into the wall. Somewhere inside him, he heard Flints crying, and instinctively a hand went to her hair, and began to pet the woman softly.

Slowly, the red gash faded, and Endilix's health began to regen. Slowly, Endilix came back to life. But he couldn't shake the fact that he could have died. The fatality of that blow, and how quickly it would have all been over. How unsafe he was, even in his armor. Endilix looked at Flints, and wiped away her tears, with no idea what to say. How do you tell someone that almost watched you die that everything would be okay?

Edited by Endilix

Flints' body continued to shake as she clutched the man to her. Slowly her senses came back. She started to realize that she had been infact holding him for a while now and that maybe she did hold him tight enough to keep him whole. She looked up from his neck and stared into his beautiful green eyes, the eyes she had taken for granted for so long. she stared long enough that her tears overflowed and fell onto his armor and cheeks until he started to rub them away. But. The pain couldn't be rubbed away as easily as the salty water that stained both the players. She began to gently stroke his body all along the now vanishing gash, from the top of his head to his end. She stared blankly at him until she hissed between ragged breaths. "You are...a bad Hero. You are supposed to never get hurt. You're supposed to be the strongest of things..." She gasped and coughed, hugging him tightly and beginning to stand. She adjusted him in her arms, her body shook a little from the weight of them both suddenly upon her but she shook it off and carried him to a small door that had now opened in the pit. "Come with me thief." She snarled. Daring it to test her patience. She climbed the steps and nodded to worried Antillian who now flanked the thief, shoving him hard with his horns. "I'll figure out what to do with you later. In the meantime you stay close." 

Flints trudged through the cavern, following the mass of NPCs and players who were leaving. None batted an eye at the man she carried. Their noses turned up they whispered of how dramatic they were being. Flints took into consideration what they said and wondered how one was supposed to act when they nearly died. She cradled Endilix tightly to her bosom, her eyes settled on him. Taking in his features and how she almost wasn't able to see them anymore. It stung. Just like the light that suddenly smacked the trio when they existed the cave. Had they really been fighting all night? Flints body was sore. But with the rising sun the terrible nausea that plagued her all night was now gone thankfully.

Not being able to find a single thing to tell the tank their whole journey out of the cave, finally she spoke. "...what's your favorite colour?..." 

Razum-dar the thief. He had only just managed to survive what would have surely been a death sentence at the hands of a monstrous beast, and a man had almost given his life to save his own. And in response, what had Raz done? He had laid in the dirt, watching wide eyed from his cowl, afraid to even attempt to step in. He had watched this woman, listened to her vicious words and saw her angry glares. He watched the armored man get cleaved in two, and he had watched the woman cry over him. Like he had died. Like she couldn't lose him.

Razum-dar had watched all of this, and continued to watch, despite the hard horns digging into his backside from a strange looking wolf he could only assume was a familiar to one of these two. As they had walked out, the announcer had congratulated them and he had heard the crowd cheering for the defeat of the Executioner. But none cheered for Raz. He was just a little thief in a guild that had wanted him dead. He didn't belong anywhere now. Not that he had ever wanted to be anywhere to begin with. And suddenly Raz was brought back to the present by yet another growl from the angry furball prodding him in the back. Raz shook his head and kept walking, out of the oven, and into the fire. If they could kill the Executioner, who's to say they wouldn't kill him anyway?

Endilix was unsure of how to react to everything happening around him. He was alive, and he was being carried by Flints. He looked at her, not at all surprised that she had the strength to carry him, but more surprised that she was doing so. It was a reverse of the time when Flints had almost died at the hands of his brother. He hadn't expected all the things that came next. He hadn't expected Flints. He still didn't, and even when he thought he knew what was going to happen next, she surprised him yet again. This was yet another example of that.

Endilix's head rested against her as he stared at her beautiful green eyes, the eyes that had always contained a fire, but seemed so sullen now. I really almost died. And it would have been over. What would Emerath and Flints have done if that had come to pass? Endilix stared at Flints a bit wide eyed, not really wanting to think about them having to live a life without him. Not because they needed him, but mostly because they didn't want him to be gone. And so he wanted to stay. He wanted to keep living this life, as crappy as it could be at times. As painful and scary as certain life events were. Endilix vowed to himself to be more careful. For her, and for Emerath. To protect himself as much as he had them. He couldn't be a hero if he was dead.

"My favorite color is green," he finally said, staring at the beautiful orbs that matched his favorite color, "I think that's why I always loved your eyes so much."

Flints kept her gaze on the man and didn't dare look away she could feel his heart beating against her as she carried him. Weaving in and out of the mountainous range and the forest that lined it until she settled beside a large tree. She climbed it the best she could holding a full grown man and whistled to Antillian to sit with the thief beside it. Once she settled as high as she could take him she say back against the large branches and trunk, staring at the man and blushing. "G-green?" She looked away and mumbled. "Your eyes are green as well.." Her heart raced and she waited for it to settle before speaking again. "Do you have a favorite food? Drink?" She waited for him to answer but smiled and tousled his hair "my favorite colour is maroon." 

Raz may have well been invisible, at least to everyone except for the little wolf egging him along. Raz growled at the horns prodding him, but this only resulted in a growl in return. Raz may as well have had his hands tied. He wanted to run, but knowing Raz's luck, he'd just end up in the jaws of yet another horrifying beast and he'd die that way. Raz sighed, and watched the woman clamber up the tree carrying the armored man. How she did that, he wasn't sure, but considering her muscular and ferocious build, he wasn't about to question it. Raz simply shook his head, and leaned up against the tree they climbed up, and gave a long, drawn out sigh. How does Raz always get in these messes? Raz should be more careful... he thought to himself somberly.

Endilix was content letting Flints carry him for most of the way, but when she had started to clamber up a tree, Endilix had made a motion to help. Not that she would let him, and not that he actually ended up doing all that much, but he still made the effort. As he was leaned up against the tree, he looked at her and smiled, "Maroon? Hm, much like the color my hammer glows during Sword Art activation. I wonder if that's why you like me so much." Endilix gave her a wink, trying to lighten the mood a bit from the harrowing experience they had been through. She seemed content to ask him questions, to learn more about him now. She's so scared of my death, that she's learning all she can now. Just in case something... Endilix's thoughts drifted into dangerous territory as he shook his head and returned his gaze back to the woman in front of him. "I'm partial to apple juice, though as for food I don't really have a favorite. As long as it tastes good I'll eat it. And I'll try anything once!" He gave a light laugh, not that what he said was particularly funny, but he was enjoying the moment that was being shared.

"What about you? Isn't your favorite food just meat? Like, I'd imagine any kind of meat. Or do you not like certain kinds?" Endilix prodded her with his own question, though it was the same, he thought it best to keep things simple, lest the moment be lost between them.

Flints stared at Endilix intently and blushed more when he winked, she released him a little before realizing she was actually carrying him so didn't fully let go. "Well..that explains why you didn't mind me cooking for you. And I have no cooking skill." She gave a chuckle and wondered about what he said. "I like steak. And not that gross flat stuff they try to pass as steak. It has to be thick and juicy and medium. Once I ate a blue rare steak..." Flints' stomach growled a little at the thought. Anyways. I really like soda. Any kind will do. I'm actually really poor when it comes to eating healthy. Flints gave a snort and smiled at Endilix. "What do you do for a living in the real world? Are you married?" She let it slip and began to blush "no wait I think you told me that you aren't.." She grumbled and tried her best to think of things to ask "where do you live, like general area?" Questions flooded her mind but she wasn't all to sure what to ask him. So she settled for blurting things out. "Oh and what do you want to do with that...guy..?" Flints nodded her head in the direction of the still cloaked man. More curious about him than ever. 

Raz looked up at the two lovebirds in the tree above him. Occasionally the wolf pup would poke him, not threateningly, but enough to bug Raz. Raz would swat at the dog without actually hitting him to indicate to back off. Not that the pup would listen at all. As he looked up he saw the woman in the tree look down at him and mention something about what they should do with Raz. Raz didn't like that. He wasn't some possession to be thrown around or gotten rid of. The longer this situation went on, the less he liked it. "You could always let Raz go!" he called up to them, though he doubted that would happen. He doubt they would even have heard him, or that they would at least pretend to have not heard him. The least they could do is get the wolf off of Raz...

Edited by Razum-dar

Endilix listened to Flints answers, and then her string of questions, responding appropriately with chuckles and smiles. Absentmindedly his hand went to her arm, and traced the skin there with his fingertips as he listened to her speak. Endilix hardly registered that he was doing it, but he felt more comfortable caressing the woman in some way, especially after the latest harrowing event. "A blue steak sounds horrible, but it doesn't seem like you didn't like it," Endilix said with a chuckle. Endilix blushed a bit, but smiled at the next questions, answering each in turn, "No, not married. I never really even considered marriage until I met you, to be honest." He looked away a bit into the distance after this admission, the blush not fading as he continued, "I live in a city in the desert. Which is funny considering that I live on the coldest floor in the game right now. I guess I just needed a change of pace from constant heat."

Endilix looked down at the cloaked thief they had managed to save in response to the final question. The young man shouted up at them to let him go, but Endilix wasn't as on board with that as he might have otherwise been. Endilix wanted to find out who these thieves were, and Raz was the best ticket they had. Endilix looked back to Flints and said, "I say we keep him."

Flints smiled at the man and shivered as his fingertips traced her skin. She gave a small pant and looked away just as he had. Once she realized Endilix was blushed she chuckled. "You're blushing more now than I've ever made you blush before. What did I do..?" But when he said he had considered marriage with her she nearly dropped him out of the tree. "S-sorry..." She shook her head and smiled "the steak was terrible but I was training so. I did what I had to. And you still live in a desert Dael, just a snowy one." She smiled matter o' factly. "It's cold enough to be a polar desert.." But she quickly shut up and looked away again. "I live by the ocean. I used to fall asleep on the beach occasionally..." Flints hummed and glanced back down at the character who spoke in an odd manor but ignored him again for Endilix, she brushed his hair back and strokes under his chin lightly before asking another question, this time more to catch him off guard that anything. "How many woman have you been with?" She said with a smirk. "Oh and do you have any petpeeves? Anything I did to get on your nerves when we lived together?" 

Flints looked down to the player again and growled "I'd watch myself if I were you." Stilled cloaked she became curious about him but at the same time wasn't finished with Endilix 

Edited by Flints

Raz folded his arms across his chest and frowned. He felt like he was a kid in timeout being scolded and told to stand in the corner and think about what he had done. Raz supposed it was better than death, but not much more so. He groaned at Flints' and Endilix's words. He wasn't a possession, he wasn't a kid. He was just a thief who had gotten himself in too much trouble. The least they could do was send him to jail or give him to a city guard rather than stringing him along like this. He wanted to run, but he knew as soon as he tried, the wolf would probably rip an arm off. And so Raz just stood there, silently, waiting for the couple in the trees to stop making goo goo eyes at each other.

Endilix was rather enjoying all the attention he was getting from Flints. It was odd, how in all the year they had been together, all the love they had supposedly shared, it seemed like nothing compared to this moment. One moment to a year. Endilix supposed that missing Flints was the cause, but he knew better. He had always felt this way, he had just never taken the time to partake in it. Her responses were met with more blushes, chuckles, and a wider smile than Endilix would've liked to admit, before he finally began to answer her questions once more, surprisingly nonchalant despite the sudden change in subject matter.

"Not counting one night stands, I've been with about ten women. Each for varying lengths from one week to one month, none longer than that. You were the first to break that cycle. And I'm happy that someone finally did." Endilix smiled warmly, his hand moving from tracing her arm to running through her hair as he continued to stare into her eyes. "And you're not perfect, but you never sent me over the edge with anything you did. About the worst thing was you disappearing, but you're a free spirit. I never questioned you doing so, and you always messaged me for the most part, so everything was fine. I guess if I had to say a pet peeve then, it was that I missed you at night, when you were away." Endilix shrugged, "But I had to have annoyed you somehow. So what did I do that got on your nerves?"

Flints went from stroking Endilix's face to stroking his side nonchalantly. She ocassionally moved her hand to the tree and plucked a few leaves, sending them down the the thief, or Raz as he clearly stated almost constantly. She was getting more curious about him. But ignored it again for now. "Well I see. I've been with around 13 or so. Fun fact, I've only slept with you two...." She said, trailing off a little in thought before laughing and flicking Endilix, and moving on. "Me leaving a lot isn't really normal for me. I guess this place made me antsy. And you didn't really annoy me so much as I wanted you to pay me more attention. When I left you figured I'd be fine. But honestly I just wanted you to want to come with me. I never asked because I didn't want to force you into something. Eventually I started going off more and it didn't bother me as much until I got in some mess I couldn't handle. Being alone wasn't all that great so I was happy when I finally met other players." Flints' gaze was stuck on Raz now as she lightly twirled her ring nervously with her thumb. "How old do you think he is?" She asked without looking at Endilix.

Raz just stared at the wood of the tree. He could hear the woman talking about him again, as if he wasn't there. He fumed a bit, wanting to confront her but knowing the futility of such actions. Raz huffed and turned and kicked a stone, prompting the wolf pup to growl at him. "Relax, wolfie," Raz said, "Raz is not going to do anything by kicking a rock. Haven't you seen children playing 'kick the rock out of boredom'? Simply put, Raz is bored." He flashed the wolf a smile, and ended up kicking the rock in a circle around the tree, before winding up back where he was and looking up at the two still in the tree. Time was going by slowly, and nothing seemed like it was going to happen for Raz anytime soon.

Edited by Razum-dar

Endilix stared at Flints for a long time at her admission that it was in fact his nonchalance at her leaving that upset her. Endilix looked down, though his absentminded petting didn't cease. "I-I never knew," Endilix admitted. It wasn't like him to be bothered by things like that, or for him to get nervous. But he was, and his voice shook a bit. "I... I suppose it is difficult to be a hero if the hero isn't there, huh?" A part of Endilix felt like he had known all along. That he should have gone to action and followed his mate wherever she had gone, been by her side. Protected her, and loved her. He probably would have known her better, and would have known that's what she wanted. He pulled her face back to him, looking her in the eyes, a warm seriousness in his own, ignoring the question about Razum-dar. "I can't change the past. And things may not be the same now, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm here now, and I won't leave your side again if you don't want me to."

Flints continued to watch the tall figure circle the tree. she smiled, amused by his actions and smiled more when Antillian couldn't keep keep up his tough guy act and ended up wagging his bushy tail, chasing the rock with the theif. Or better yet, with Raz. She listened to Endilix speak and was concerned by his sudden shock and gave a small Yelp when he turned her head to face him. Her eyes searched his face for a second before settling on his wonderous emerald orbs. She gently strokes her fingertips over his eyelids and gave a weak smile. "It's okay Dael. I promise I don't harbor anything for you letting me be independent. And it's okay. I've got all that taken care of. But I appreciate your words...they mean a lot. Even now." Flints cleared her throat and felt herself turn red hot. Realizing she had admitted more than she wanted to. "D-Do you have anymore questions that you've always w-wanted to ask?" She could feel herself turning red hot again as she stuttered. 

Raz watched as the wolf pup stopped being a vicious beast and started being more of a common house pet. He shrugged, having expected the wolf to remain steadfast to his mission and not turn into a little furball, but he apparently wasn't as dedicated as Raz thought. Raz gave the wolf a pat after he chased the rock again, though he quickly pulled his hand back unsure if that was a bad idea. Finally, Raz turned his face up to the two in the tree again, hopeful that this time he could actually get their attention, despite their continued affections. "Raz has a question," he started, having barely been listening to the conversation to gain more from it than the fact that they were asking each other questions, "When does Raz get to go home?"

Endilix continued to stare at Flints. Endilix shook his head a bit and said, "Regardless of how situated you are, or how taken care of things may be, I will still be here. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Sometimes you might need another shoulder to cry on, or another person to confide in. I'm your hero, just as much as anyone else in your life. You can have more than one. Emerath is your hero too. Heck, even the thief down there can be your hero if he tries." Endilix looked down to see the man continuing to fidget with a rock an with Antillian. Endilix sighed, "It was just a dream, but one thing you said to me was that if everyone means the same then everyone is a stranger." Endilix looked to Flints, a sadness deep in his eyes, "If I ever had to choose between you and Emerath, I would. But that's the thing. I don't have to. Not until one of you gets in the way of the other. I love both of you, and there's nothing wrong with that."

Endilix pulled Flints to him and kissed her forehead, hugging her tight to his chest, hopeful that she wouldn't resent the gesture. "I want to learn everything there is to know about you Kita. Inside and out. Give me that chance, and you'll find that even if I'm not a hero to anyone else in this world, at least I'm a hero to you."

Flints watched Raz a little longer before looking up at Endilix. She listened carefully but her face hardened at his words. All she was hearing was that he assumed she would need someone else, that at some point Tristan wouldn't be strong enough to shoulder all of her worries. She tried to interject but just gaped like a fish for a while. She gave up and looked back down at the theif who asked if he could leave when Endilix called him her hero. "No you can't leave. Didn't you hear? You could be my hero one day!!!" She giggled and tried to calm herself. The last thing she wanted was to fight with Endilix. They had only fought once ever. Oddly enough it lead into their past relationship. Flints gasped when their position was changed and she felt his lips against her forehead. She felt herself become hot again as well. "Okay...then let me learn all about you as well. And I don't think you'll like what you see, but at least you'll know more about me...and here. I can't have you dying on me again. So please...take this..." Flints quickly opened up her HUD and went through her shared inventory. She bit her lip and sent a quick message to Tristan then offered up something to Endilix. 

Spoiler

Item: Pumpkin Shield

Quality: Tier 2 Demonic

Shop: Drop from PumpKing

Description: A round shield made from the hide of the strongest pumpkin, before the PumpKing that is. Orange in colour, and carved with a scary face to better suit the mood. A gift from the Pumpkin Witch for saving her garden, that gives the player. It also negates being bled. [+36 Mitigation +28 Thorns, Bloodclot] Appearance

"Take this please...and don't die...I can't have you dying on me...I don't ever want to see you die again..." Flints body started to shake again. But she quickly decided it was time to part from the man. She got up and leaped down Infront of Raz. Quickly pushing his hood down to get a better look at the man. "So. Since you want attention, here I am. Introduce yourself, thief." Flints was smiling wide, her Jade eyes glowing brightly and flashing her Pearly whites to Raz.