[PP-F5] An Unexpected Alliance (Opal) <<Butcher of The Sands>>

Disappointed? No. Alone? No. 
Betrayed. That was the best way to describe the pain the man carried with him after what happened to Zelrius and Ssendom. The memory kept replaying in his mind; What he saw. What he heard. All of it. Two of his friends, and two that brought a bit more hope into clearing this nightmare, were gone. What hurt Jomei even more was how they were killed, or more so, who killed them. Jomei had known Oikawa for awhile, not the best of friends, but he could call him a friend nonetheless. Especially after helping Oikawa to find that labyrinth, on this same floor. The other culprit, however, Opal, Jomei and her had a much more detailed history, and she was one person Jomei felt he always had as a friend, support, and ally in battle. Now he wanted answers. Why did they do it? Why gain Jomei's trust like this and make their friendship seem important, just to throw it all away. 

He let out a heavy sigh as his boots pushed through the sand, walking towards the outskirts of the town. Just where he was going or why, he had no idea. He thought maybe going and finding a simple dungeon to trek through on his own could clear his mind, or just looking for inspiration for new songs. Where his mind carried him in different directions with what to do, his feet stayed cemented to the hot sand, staring out into the hazy desert. The blazing sun nipped at Jomei's face as he pulled the hood off of his head to release some of the heat around his noggin.

As Jomei had started to go out into the desert, Opal had been several yards away behind him. After the recent events of the boss battle, and being an eyewitness to the 'tragedy' that happened there, no doubt the young rapier user had questions for her. Yet the woman was feeling playful and spunky even on this floor. As Jomei continued to walk, the woman had somehow become one with the sand storm that was becoming alarmingly more persistent than usual and while Jomei seemed detached with his thoughts, a pop up menu had come up on his screen. The woman smiled with her black lips, still easily concealed within the harsh storm, the pop up was a for a party request by the woman herself. Of course he would be alarmed by such a thing, and while the storm died down the woman was still very much hidden in the depths of desert. 

"Oh, Jomei, Jomei, Jomei..." came her voice as if it was coming all around him at once, "how have you been caught into my little web of despair." her disembodied voice still traveling around him yet there was no hide or hair to where she would be located at. Of course, even had he found her would he recognize the once wearing Vice Commander of the Blood Oath? Since that day happened, Opal had changed her gear and her image into something more befitting to the Slayer of Dom. Until then, she would mess around with him and see what sort of rise she could get from him. 

Notes: Stealthed 22+ LD

The man's pupils shrunk and his mouth slightly opened with a gasp when he heard a familiar voice. He wanted to turn around to confirm his suspicions but.. he was not sure if she was even behind him. Her voice seemed to come from all directions when she spoke. Was she going to kill him now? Was this the end of his life. No, there had to be a little bit of that Opal left in her. All those times they spent together and their friendship, there was no way it could all be for nothing. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath through his nostrils, regaining his composure. "Opal." he said calmly. He slowly turned around to look behind him. Nothing but desert. He continued to turn his head and body, trying to find the woman, to no avail. "Why don't you come out and talk? Do you truly think I am going to attack you?" He crossed his arms about his chest, "I just want to ask.. Why?"

The woman had appeared almost instantly in front of Jomei, her bountiful chest jiggled as she lifted her body to meet his gaze, "Why?" The woman repeated to him. No doubt the previous incarnation of Opal, the Vice Commander in her white and red now showed in colors of violet and black, sporting a long ponytail of silver hair and violet bangs. The woman's chest covered with a particular skeleton angel like tattoo as she beamed the irishman a seductive smile. 

"You like the new me?" she said ignoring his question, "If you wanna talk, we can talk. But you are refrained from asking the question; why? Since that question is so boring. But..." the woman sighed and drove a dainty hand over her forehead sweeping her brilliant purple hair from her eyes and shifting the bands over an ear, "I suppose I can indulge you..." the woman said, her body like a serpent as it slithered behind him. Her long arms wrapped around him and coiled and then her finger nails jammed into his fabric to get his heart pumping, her black lips closing around his earlobe as she whispered, "I did it because it was fun~" she giggled softly, licking her blackened lips, her hold on him was as tight as a vice so he couldn't wiggle free for the moment, "Honestly though, the reason why is because of what I said during the fight. I needed to destroy the Brigade and essentially, that is what I did," the woman let go of her grip on him and pushed on his back. Her arms wrapped under her chest once more, her breasts becoming accented by the way she was holding herself as she glared at him and then those full lips curving into a vixenous smile. 

Almost as if out of nowhere, from behind the veil of the desert storm, the woman revealed herself to the Irishman. She no longer wore the white and crimson robes that she had grown accustomed to with her spot in the Knights of the Blood Oath. Now her attire consisted of dark violets and blacks, her hair different as well. He would not have been able to recognize the woman, given he did not know her face or voice. The man raised an eyebrow as he looked over her robes, shifting his weight from one leg to another. He felt a pit in his gut, he knew that this was not a good idea. Just as she initially ignored his question, he ignored hers. Not out of spite, no, he felt as thought she was testing him. Trying to push him to the limit to see just how he would react. He kept calm, despite the imminent danger. Like a cobra, the woman slithered around Jomei's body, her arm following her and gently wrapping itself around him, as if ready to squeeze and suffocate him at any moment. The touch of her hand sent a chill down Jomei's spine. He did not bother turn around, for he felt the woman's hot breath on his ear and neck as she whispered to him; whispered words that would make his blood boil. 

She found it fun.

Jomei's muscles tensed, hoping to break free of Opal's grip. Though he could not, the serpent woman had him in her trap. [censored].. this isn't good.. After that, she revealed a more true reason, the want to destroy the Azure Brigade. Which she did flawlessly, and the elitist brigade fell like dominoes. Jomei soon found himself free from her grasp, but falling onto the sand as Opal pushed him. As soon as he hit the grain, he pushed himself back up and brushed the sand from his cloak, "I understand Azure Brigade were a bunch of elites.. hogging Unique skills for their own power. There was a time that... we even in The Velvet Room wanted to take them down, but never like this." He grit his teeth as his fingers curled into tight balled up fists. "It did not have to happen like this, you know that.."

"And that is why you are wrong! And that is why you are weak!" she said pointing her long finger at him. Her voice was almost like a hiss as it was dabbed into a bit of poison as she spewed her words out to him. The woman sighed and shrugged, her hands coming undone as she released the hold of herself, her buxom chest seemed to bounce lightly as she had undo her arms. She smiled, black lips curling into a smile once more, "You should know though, Oikawa, he didn't have a say in my plan. I needed a tool to kill two birds with one stone. He drank a potion thinking it would calm him down during the boss battle, instead it enraged him. I took a man so feverly respected and brought him down to a sick level! I had him kill an elitist snob of a child who pretended to play a hero! I THEN turned and KILLED that [censored] excuse for a Berserker with my own blade decimating all that the Azure had ever worked for!" The woman was yelling, rage and fire building in her belly as she spoke to him with those spouts of lava in her words, hot to the ear as they were heard.

"You even said it yourself, your Velvet Room had plans to take them out. And yet, you softened and did not a damn thing! Instead, you created a monster like me...Jomei. It's your inability to grab what's ahead of you. And now something that happened and..." the woman spun around in the sand, raising her arms as if she was introducing him to her world, "All of this is...happened." she said, her arms falling down at her sides once more. 

She drew in close to him, her head tilted as she spoke with her full blackened lips, "Confession time, Lover. I wasn't drunk when I fucked you that night. I knew exactly what I was doing, and I even warned you of what was about to happen. You chose to ignore me and instead you gave into the lust and alcohol. You know why? Because Zandra can't fulfill your desires like I can. She is not half the woman I will ever be." 

That would get him right in the heart, speaking to the woman he loved like that. Even though they had sex together, Jomei was still with that other alchemist. But Opal was no stranger to him, their history together..."I could have taken far worse advantage of you that night. A little honey potion in your ear...make you do whatever I wanted. Be thankful, you still have a use to me that is why you are alive now. It's borrowed time, Jomei."  

Olive eyes glared at the woman as her words jabbed at him like knives, calling him weak and foolish. He was beginning to feel an anger he had never felt before, and he did not know just where it would carry him. His eyes did not break line of sight with hers, and honestly, he was trying not to think of the different ways he could strike her down and end this all right now. This time, he knew he wouldn't feel any remorse, and sadness at what he did.. at first at least. Opal was hated by many right now for what she did. Cutting down Dom, and manipulating Oikawa to destroy Zelrius. A woman held in such high regards, dropping to the lowest of low in a matter of seconds. He trembled in rage as she went over her story again. As if he did not hear of it enough from those in mourning, but to hear it from the murderer herself was an entirely different thing.

"Yes, we wanted to break them down, show Aincrad that we did not need to depend on the Brigade.. but we would have never murdered them! There were other ways to go about it! What you did... What YOU did, was kill two men that were highly respected among all of us. Friends of mine." Jomei crossed his arms at his chest, the corner of his mouth twitching, baring grit teeth. "And now you started a Goddamn, player killing revolution. Left and right, wannabe pkers keep popping up, just because word got out about what you did." Jomei shook his head in disgust at the woman he once called a friend. "Innocent people are going to die and never see the light of the real world again because you wanted to prove a [censored] point!" 

Opal's words took a change of pace when she switched subjects, and spat out words that Jomei took as lies. "..f***ed..?" Jomei said to himself under his breath, eyes full of confusion and anger. "Opal I would never.. we never-" He felt sick to his stomach as the realization rushed to him. That morning he woke up at the inn... he had thought he had blacked out and stumbled there drunkenly, rather than going to his shop.. But... Bardic Inspiration was not too far from the bar. So spending money at the inn would not make any sense. So then... were Opal's words true? He placed his hands on his head as he staggered backwards, trying to remember but only getting bits and pieces. The man's breaths became quick and shaky, hyperventilating out of disgust of himself and Opal. He had ruined the sanctity of his and Zandra's relationship all because of drunk emotions. He would never have done such a thing, nor did he have any feelings for Opal anymore to do so in the first place. "N-No...No no no.." 

That was the last nerve. That last thing he needed to hear to push him over the edge. His pupils contracted and he began to sweat, staring down at the sand around Opal's feet. Slowly, he began to bring one hand down and across his body to where his rapier hung on his waist. One by one he wrapped his fingers around red wrapped handle of Saint Andrew's bane, a large amount of emotions overcoming him. Inch by inch, Jomei began to release the rapier from its scabbard, his insane-like gaze moving up to meet Opal's. 

• 2 weeks later...

"THEY ARE NOT!!! SO INNOCENT!" The woman barked out, "You prattle on that word like its a child's toy. But you have no idea how sick and twisted a person is! No one is above anyone else in this game. We are all swimming in this [censored] together, each one of us is tainted in some form or fashion. Before this is all through, no one will have the pure of heart they once had coming into this game! You speaking of innocence, how naive are you possibly going to be and for how long will that last? Even yourself, a respected member of the game had done such wrongs, have you not? So don't come barking like a Dog about how innocent people are." The flicked the silver white hair from off her shoulder, clearly angry and for once not holding anything back to the male player in front of her. She was a changed woman now, there was rage that sounded like the thunder breaker, Zeus himself. But her tensed and poised look as if to jump him subsided, she collected her thoughts and watched as he shrank away into his mind, the events of their evening finally coming back to him. Had he been so drunk that he forgot a night with the busty vixen, Opal? Such an insult.

"Oh!?" The woman laughed, his frantic eyes declaring war on her, she 'tsked' him and shook her head, "A fight you can not win. You want to slay me, you [censored] idiot? I killed the Dom! I will kill you as well in the same way!" The woman took a step back being swallowed up by a vicious and uncaring sandstorm, her body was now decorated all around with sand and wind causing her frame to disappear as she engaged her <<stealth>>. It might be a cowards way to attack from the out of no where, but Opal was not going down without a fight and if she had to, she would very well kill Jomei here and now and be done with this fool. Perhaps it would be benefit the world of Aincrad of scratching off another name from the Monument, no one needs a naive fool like this parading about spouting words of innocence. 

Notes: Stealthed LD+23 [+1 Cover of Sandstorm] 

Jomei froze as he was pulling out his sword, taking in a heavy deep breath and closing his eyes. He pulled the rapier out the rest of the way and clenched the handle of the blade for a moment. He then flipped the sword in his hands and threw it downwards, piercing the sand and standing up straight. By the time he had opened his eyes again, the woman had disappeared into the storm, using her stealth yet again. "You hide in the shadows for your kills, just as you did with Dom. Truly a cowardly tactic.. Even for someone who was once valiant like yourself." He stood up tall, not showing any fear at the possibility of what was to come. "I know you can kill me easily.. But I'm sure you also know I could have killed you just as quickly.. Call me weak, if I really wanted you dead.. I would have done it the moment I saw you. But that is not what I want to do, despite how much you deserve it for what you have done. No. None of us are as innocent as we seem. Zelrius? Dom? Even myself? We have all done things we are not proud of, and most likely not always with the best intentions...." He reached one hand behind him into his pocket, grabbing hold of a small teleportation crystal. If he had the chance, he needed to get out of there. He gripped the stone in his hands, extending his arms outwards, staring into the desert storm where the woman once stood. "If you really feel the need to kill me.. Then just [censored] do it. If it really will help you sleep at night, knowing I am dead and gone, someone who has been nothing but a friend and support you all I could.. Then what is stopping you." he chuckled, "You have the upper hand anyway..However." He took in a breath through his nostrils and closed his eyes, "Choose to walk away now.. let me live.. And I will not follow. We will go our separate ways. And you will not see me again." 

The laugh came like a disembodied voice out in the sandstorm that was erupting around the two of them. Opal moved like a panther as she had once done before to kill Dom, hiding in the thick red and orange blotting sands as her body could not be seen well enough through the thickness of the grains and to torrential winds. But like a sharp dagger her voice did call out, "Had I wanted you dead, Jomei...You would have died along with Dom and Zel, but you are alive and for that you should be grateful BECAUSE of our friendship. What I have done can't be undone, and I will continue this path until I see it fit."  

The sandstorm seemed to dwindle now, the anger it once held subsided as her body once more revealed to the left side of the orange haired player, "Come follow me, Jomei. I know of an Oasis around here that's waters have a special and unique taste to it. Or you can come at me, seek your revenge for Aincrad. I won't hide, I don't need to. You have showed me you do not fear death, but perhaps you should fear it. If you die, what or who is to stop me from killing Zandra in the future. You have a responsibility..." The woman shifted her gaze from him and gestured for him to follow, she would guide him through this horrid heat of a floor to the oasis she sought out many times. The water would surely give them both some time to relax and take a step back. 

Slowly, the tension is his body seeped from him when Opal had spoken back about how she could have killed him if she wanted to. As he opened his eyes and saw the woman's silhouette in the storm, which became more prominent as the dust storm faded. Jomei still clenched the teleport crystal in his hands, ready to use it at any moment. Who was to say this was not another of her tricks.. Or maybe his words about her cowardly stealth techniques got to her. She mentioned to him something about an oasis not far off, with water that could possibly relax the two. Despite having a bad feeling about it, he could tell from the look in her eyes that she was being genuine. Loosening the grip on the crystal, he threw it back into his pocket and stepped forward to follow Opal. As he stepped forward, he grabbed the handle of his rapier and pulled it from the sand. His olive gaze looked at the blade, and then to Opal. She had turned her back on him as she walked away. He could.. No. That was not him. He wanted to avenge Dom and Zel's death in another way.. but not by stooping to that level. He did not want to kill again. Never again. He flicked the blade to remove any sand that stuck to its metal body before shoving it back into its scabbard, following Opal through the hot desert. 

• 4 weeks later...

The woman smirked, although Jomei could not see it since she was in front of him. She looked over her shoulder and smiled, "Like what you see back there, Love?" her ass moving back and forth as she swayed her hips left and right, a soft giggle escaping her as she moved through the desert unhindered by its heat. Though her body was now giving off a slight shimmer from the sweat that had begun accumulating over her body. A hand pressed over her neck as she moved the stark white hairs from it dabbing her flesh with her palm. 

A hand lifted as she began the motions of working through her inventory and materialized a simple bottle of water which she took heavy drinks of and once more looked back over to Jomei, "You thirsty?" she tossed the water bottle to him, whether he would drink from the same contents as she did was up to him or to throw it away was his choice to make. She licked her lips clean of the liquid feeling the coolness of the water hell cushion the heat from her body. She would love to get to that oasis, but it was still a bit of a stretch for the two of them. Opal had mostly stayed quiet, walking with an even pace and Jomei still at the rear. She wondered if this would if she could salvage any sort of relationship between the two of them, but after what has happened this was probably not the case. She sighed and swept the long white hairs from her face that collected from a hot wind. She grunted slightly and continued on. 

The ginger haired man grabbed at the hood that hung at the nape of his neck and pulled it up to cover the top of his noggin,shading him from the sun that beat down on him. He slowly walked behind Opal, keeping a careful eye on her. He raised a curious eyebrow when the woman looked over her shoulder with a smirk, soon after asking him if he was enjoying the view. The Irishman scoffed and shook his head as she over exaggerated her walk, swaying her rump back and forth to tease him. Though his eyes kept forward, looking only at her face when she turned to look at him, but otherwise looking at the back of her white hair, or the surroundings. He was still sickened by the memories of what he had done during that night, what the alcohol had swayed him to do. However, he would not think about that now, he wanted to clear his mind of such things. 

His eyes went back to her when she asked if he was thirsty, followed by a green bottle being tossed towards him. Extending his right hand slightly, the man caught the bottle  and looked at it. Just a plain water bottle it seemed. Raising it to his lips, he took a small sip, followed by another. "..thanks." he said quietly before stepping up to Opal and tapping her on the shoulder with the bottle to return it. Up ahead, Jomei noticed another sandstorm in their path. This one, however, seemed stagnant. It only swirled around its space without moving in any direction. It was also darker, as if the sand was mixed with some sort of smoke. "..what the hell is that?" Jomei said under his breath, walking forward to walk by Opal's side rather than behind her. 

"I guess I can't be that evil if I am offering you water?" She laughed, holding a hand up to her mouth to stifle her giggles. The bottle was returned to her as she finished it off and tossed it aside, casually littering the field with her garbage. Yet it only shattered before the contents hit the hot sand. As Opal flicked a droplet of water from the corner of her mouth, she had noticed something rather odd being stirred up in front of them. She didn't quite hear what the hooded ginger had said, but she narrowed and squinted her eyes to get a better look.  

Due to the intense heat and the blaring sun, it was difficult to gauge what it was, "It is not Sando Satsu," the woman said to him, "because we are walking in the opposite direction of the Quest marker. I wonder what that actually is. Wanna go check it out? Might be fun? And I am sure our combined forces could easily snap whatever is in front of us." Opal nudged Jomei with her arm and smiled with her thick full black lips. He seemed rather hellbent on not giving her much attention, he possibly just wanted to get this done and over with as soon as possible.

The woman sighed and shrugged her shoulders, "You gotta loosen up, Doll. If you keep that scowl on your face, it'll permanently be stuck that way!" she teased his facial expressions and gestured for him to continue on, "Alright, alright. Let's go...such a buzz kill."  

Jomei's olive eyes went from the storm raging in the distance to the side of Opal's head when she mentioned the Sando Satsu. "Sando Satsu?" he questioned, "Isn't that the name of the higher leveled field boss out in the desert?" His eyes wandered back out over the rolling hills of yellow sand, "I've been slacking with taking on these bosses lately, so I've never actually seen this 'butcher of the sands'.. as the quest calls him."  Opal invited Jomei to investigate just what was lurking within the dark sands that swirled through the air about a mile or two off. Jomei thought about it for a moment, was it truly a good idea? However, the man nodded his hooded head, "Sure. I'm sure its nothing we can't handle."

Jomei's expression and voice lacked its usual light and cheeriness. However, what was to be expected from someone in his situation. One of his closest friends had murdered another one of his friends just for shits and giggles. On top of that, he had gone against the trust of his girlfriend with the same woman that stood next to him.. despite his mind not being in the correct place at the time. Opal tried to get his attention back on her though, teasing him and speaking in a kind tone as if nothing had happened. He sighed, "I just have a lot to take in at the moment Opal... So excuse me if I'm not my usual 'happy-go-lucky self. You revealed some things to me today that really are taking a lot on me."  He followed after the woman as they continued towards the swirling storm, "And I'd rather not talk about it again, if you don't mind."

ID: 60581
LD: 17 + 4 + 2 = 23 
Dungeon: Advanced

Rules and Requirements

1. Advanced Dungeons cannot be fled from at any point after being entered. Teleportation crystals are disabled in these dungeons.
  2. Advanced Dungeons cannot be found or completed in solo threads. If the player rolls LD22 or higher in a solo thread, an intermediate dungeon will be found in its stead.
  3. Participants must fight a total of fifteen floor strength monsters of their own design before moving on to the boss.
  4. Participants must fight a boss monster with the following statistics in order to qualify for the reward:
    HP = floor * 70 | Damage = floor * 11

Rewards

3 SP upon completion
A Col value of ((floor + loot die) * 100)
6 Materials

Opal turned to Jomei and shook her head, "Haha, you are so cute. Of corpse we'll talk about it! You might not remember, but you had me pressed up against the wall, your hot breath on my neck. Your hands were all over me, Jomei. I couldn't have stopped you even if I wanted to! Hahahaha!" annoying laughter filled the air from the brazen woman, as she allowed her exaggerated laughs annoy him as much as possible. She was going to get under his skin which probably would be a bad idea. Anyone can blow up with the amount of heat this floor gave off, and plus not being in the right mood for such games like the ones she played, might send Jomei off the deep end. 

The woman skipped a few steps ahead of him as she brought her Masamune out with a stretched hand. The ornate metal saya flicked over her shoulder and she waited for the ginger to catch up. When he walked so slowly in front of her the woman snickered with her black lips curling, "Batter's up..." WHACK! Her saya smacked Jomei in the butt sending him into the odd sandstorm ahead of the duo. She hopped in place and took the plunge right after him. They were whipped around the sandstorm left and right, the grains of orange and red sand colliding against their bodies as Opal continued to laugh, "This is where the fun begins, Lover!" Her voice had been raised as the sound of the storm was overpowering their natural voices. 

Abruptly, Opal unsheathed her weapon, grabbed Jomei by the hood and threw him with all her might out of the raging sandstorm. The woman cut her way out of and was spit out moments later, however, they were no longer in red and orange sand of the desert. Instead they were in some odd chasm of sorts underground, to top it all off it was quite cool as well. 

"Isn't that kinda neat? I discovered one of those odd sandstorms a while back. Apparently it actually a weird teleporting device, like a portal or something. But here we are!...Which I honestly don't know where we are. I'm guessing underground sex is out of the question?" she asked with a small pout towards him as he got his bearings together. 

Edited by Opal

Opal's teasing cut into Jomei, ripping apart his conscious with every cackle and stab. He kept strong, however, and kept the temptress from getting to him. He took in a deep breath through his nostrils and closed his eyes tight, continuing his walk forward. He spoke no words back or showed any signs of retaliation. With how close he was to murdering the woman before, he believed that the next time he was pushed over the line, it would be too late. As he continued forward, his olive orbs still clamped shut, Opal's laughter was drowned out by the roar of the sandstorm, which was mere feet ahead of them now. Jomei's cloak began to whip in the powerful winds behind him as he slowed his walk, trying to calm his nerves. 

The Irishman's eyes shot open when he heard Opal yell something, though what exactly it was, he was not sure. He could not see Opal, she was out of his sight. His hand reached down and wrapped around the handle of his rapier, only to feel something smack him in the ass. His eyes widened as he hopped forward, his hands reaching for the checks of his buttocks. As he lunged forward, his body was engulfed by the sandstorm. The winds pulled and pushed his body in every direction, his cloak tearing up and choking him at his neck. He heard the sound of Opal's cackle through the storm again, telling him this is where the fun really began. What the hell was he getting himself into. 

The two continued forward, blindly walking through the storm. That was when the sound of Opal's sword being pulled from its scabbard sent chills down his spine. Again, he reached down for his own blade, but was interrupted when she grabbed his hood and yanked him back slightly before he was tossed forward. Stumbling through the sand, Jomei pushed through the wall of the storm and was engulfed with darkness and damp air. His boots pounding against the stone floor echoed down the cavern as he regained his composure. "What the hell?" he said to himself as he looked around. Before long, Opal followed behind him through and told him about how it was some sort of portal. Completely ignoring her question about sex, Jomei looked around the cave as he brushed the sand out of his hair and off of his clothes. "Almost looks like it was the entrance to a dungeon.. which means we probably aren't going to be finding that oasis anytime soon." Reaching across his body, the Irishman ripped Saint Andrew's Bane from its sheath. Using his other hand, the man opened his menu and sighed before tapping on the screen. Immediately, after tapping on the screen, a party invite was sent over to Opal. "And if we are going to be fighting this boss.. we should probably team up."

A smug grin on her face when she began to laugh, "What oasis?" she asked innocently. "I actually lured you here pretty easily enough. This dungeon houses a very particular enemy I couldn't kill myself, so I needed something or someone to help as a meat shield for me. Congratulations! You are the winner!" She poked his nose as she poked the acceptance button of his proposal to join the party. With her Masamune in hand, the woman shifted to her weight one leg and smiled at the lone wolf, Jomei. 

"You are so easy to get under your skin." She mused. She lead the way as he mostly didn't know where to go. With a sway of her hips once more, she echoed out a small laugh as they came across their first group of mobs, "Still know how to use that rapier?" she teased again. With narrow violet eyes, she bolted with a charge sweeping her glowing blade over the Mummy's and ripping them asunder from the overpowered sword art. In clumps of robes they pixelated into the oblivion. She looked over her shoulder, sinister black lips curling..."Reminiscent of slaying a player. Only Dom blew up into more pieces...I guess he had that going for him...Sad to say, nothing else. Shall we continue?" Her dark expression lifted with her chippy voice as she swept her blade to the side and placed the cold steel over her armored shoulders tapping it against the metal making an annoying clinging sound once in awhile as they walked.

"You can take on the next group." It was almost demanding sounding from her voice as she looked over her shoulder at the hooded ginger. She would make more conversation but she had a feeling her wasn't quite warming up to her right now. She wondered why amusingly knowing already the answer to that rhetoric. 

<<Battle Engaged>>
Opals HP:  193/193
EN: 36/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 90-5 = 85 Dmg

x4 Mummy: HP: 0/20 || Dmg: 15 || Mit: 5

ID: 60993
BD: 9 + 3 = +1 Dmg
Notes: 4/15 Slain

Edited by Opal
  • 3 weeks later...

Jomei closed his eyes, smirked, and shook his head, the ginger bangs that fell in front of his face shifted back and forth gently. "Of fuckin' course" he said under his breath. Olive orbs opened and looked over at Opal apathetically. She had lured him here to use as a "meat shield" to distract the boss of the dungeon to help her kill it? Jomei was positive that her plans to use him as such would not work, and he would do his best to make sure that last hit bonus went to him instead. The ginger clenched the rapier in his hand and spun it in a circle at his side as Opal turned to walk forward and lead the way. 

The silvery haired woman continued to tease Jomei, trying to get under his skin even more. The man glared at the back of her head and smirked mischievously, "Oh Opal." he said with a chuckle, "As annoying as you are being, if you were truly getting under my skin that much, I would have... politely asked you to stop." He needed to change up his tactic, letting Opal annoy him as such was only going to make him angry, and possibly do something he did not want to do. Moments later, the growl of their first group of enemies echoed through the cavern, and from the shadows emerged four mummies. Opal took the first fight, and decimated the four zombies instantly. Afterwards, she told him to take the next group. "With pleasure." the man said, spinning his blade again and walking towards a group of mummies. 

The four zombies wrapped in cloth stumbled towards the ginger, who stood just feet away. The man tapped his rapier on the stone floor of the cavern before taking one powerful step forward. With one slash, Jomei's rapier easily cut through two of the mummies causing the dismembered bodies to fall to the floor. In the same moment, he sliced his blade again, cutting the second two mummies down in a similar fashion. The man returned to a relaxed stance, placing his rapier over his shoulder. "Lets go.."

ID 64101
BD 9(+4)
Sweep: 2x13(+1) = 28 dmg

Jomei: 184/184 (41/45)

x4 Mummy: HP: 0/20 || Dmg: 15 || Mit: 5

8/15 slain

OOC: @Opal Sorry for taking so long.

• 2 months later...

With salute, the woman marched along with Jomei shortly behind. She had thought she was leading this little party, but it was nice to see him take charge of the situation. He seemed to be lacking that side of the dominant gene. Walking behind him she noticed his butt, and laughed to herself. None too later did those lumbering mummies come back to spawn yet again, "Hey persistent buggers. But that's good. It's nice to have a little warm up before we get to the real deal. I suppose I could take a turn and sweep these up." The violet blade began to shimmer with the controlled aura of a sword art. Eyes lowered and the woman poised her blade. Both hands on the hilt, she flew in like a bullet. The dry and stagnant air in this underground cavern was stifling, yet the small breeze lifted up from action, white snow hair whipping back behind her as she entered the combat frame. 

Swish Her blade went in and cut and sliced through the fabric of the feeble enemy. Their bodies once again corpses as they fell from her sheer power, yet they were as weak as they came. Taking a stance much like Jomei had done, she turned to him and gestured for him to continue, "After you, sexy." 

<<Battle Engaged>>
Opals HP:  193/193
EN: 25/48
Sword Art: Gen Getsu || 12 EN || Dmg: 90-5 = 85 Dmg

x4 Mummy: HP: 0/20 || Dmg: 15 || Mit: 5

ID: 67776
BD: 6 + 4 = hit? hit. 
MD: 1
Notes: 12/15 Slain

Edited by Opal