[PP-F2] <<Let There Be Light>> Fleeing in the Dark (Flints, Endilix)

Endilix scratched his head at Flints, before shrugging. He was happy that they had finished the combat, as he followed after the woman who barreled onwards with the mission. "Kita, are you okay?" Endilix asked, as he managed to catch up to the woman, "I didn't mean to fluster you. I'm happy with the way that went, especially with Raz in tow as low level as he is." Endilix put a hand on Kita's arm and sighed, "I apologize. Let's find the kid and get out of here." Endilix pulled away and looked around the darkness as they walked, unsure of where the kid would be hiding. A part of Endilix expected more, but nothing he'd ever heard about this quest indicated that it was dangerous. The bats must have been the worst of it...

*** Additional Notes ***

Spoiler

HP Regen:

• 51/52 -> 52/52

End of Combat Loot:

• Giant Bat 1 [Link] - LD: 1
    • 1 Material
  • Giant Bat 2 [Link] - LD: 16
    • 1 Material
    • 250 Col
Edited by Endilix

Raz hung his head after having watched Flints kill the last bat. He had ended up being a failure at the last moment, and now the woman just seemed to be frustrated. Raz sighed, he couldn't even impress her, even now. As the two of them walked away, Flints seeming to be upset and Endilix attempting to calm her, Raz heard something. His ears perked up as he looked around. It was... crying? Raz blinked and started to walk off towards the sound, breaking away from the duo he had been with. And then he found the little girl, hiding behind a rock and crying. Raz cocked his head, before grabbing the girl's hand. She looked at Raz and stopped crying almost immediately as she held onto the boy. Raz looked down at her, surprised.

After a moment of stunned silence, Raz eventually led the girl back to the duo, before calling out, "I found the girl!" The girl simply wiped her face and held Raz's hand, staring at Flints and Endilix.

Flints felt Endilix catching up to her and slowed down, knowing she couldn't avoid him. "Everything is fine...a lot of stuff has happened lately and I'd just...like to get home as soon as possible.." Flints seemed on edge, only because she was. She was worried about Tristan. Worried about the front lines. And she wondered if she even waned to be a part of that anymore. Not being able to trust the people you join up with for a few days to progress for all the players that were trapped seemed insane. Trust was far and few but they at least usually calmed enough to join together on this singular goal. Now he husbands bestfriend was dead. She had to watch him come home to the hall holding a cloak and the weight of something she's never seen before. Tristan had seen more than his fair share of terrible things but this. This was unexpected. The Hero of Aincrad, dead. Flints looked up to Endilix and sighed. Her thoughts still stuck on her being extremely happy to see her husband alive but not well. Having to pack up the things they had moved to the AB hall to make it home-y and move it back to their home on the very floor they stood. Here flints was trying to pretend things were okay. But honestly she just wanted to be home to make sure Tristan was eating, was sleeping. Wasn't plagued by nightmares. 

Flints equipped her Absolved claws; the very wedding gift Zelrius had given her that let her know he didn't completely hate her for soaking up all his tank's time. She gave a smile to Endilix, attempting to speak only to hear Raz's footsteps followed by softer ones. She looked down at the little girl he brought with him. Although she was an NPC she was so small, so real. Her light sobbing made Flints tense. Normally she would turn up her nose to children. But lately Flints' moods had been all out of wack. Proving so she walked up to the child and stroked her face. Flints began speaking in a warm honey tone. "It's okay..you're safe now.." She looked up to Raz and smiled "thank you Raz. You did really well today. Let's all go home now, okay?" 

Endilix turned back to the two after Flints went back to Raz and rested his hand on his hammer. He saw something deep in Flints' eyes. A sadness that he had never seen before. Endilix wondered what could have caused that, and figured if she wanted to, she'd tell him eventually. But now was not that time. Endilix sighed and walked over to Flints, placing a hand on her shoulder, and the other on Raz's, looking at both of them. "Good work today, for everyone involved. And thank you." Endilix looked to Raz, "Take the girl home, and make sure she's safe. I'll message you later and we'll talk about our next steps. Don't go far though."

Then Endilix turned to Flints, and put the other hand on her other shoulder as he stood in front of her and looked her in the eyes. Despite it being dark, he could see the beautiful green he had always loved. "I'll walk you home. I'd like to talk along the way. It doesn't have to be about what troubles you, we can talk about whatever. But let me make sure you're home safe."

And before she could argue, Endilix moved to Flints' side, and took her hand softly, leading her out of the cave with a warm smile.

*** Thread Summary ***

• All players receive +2 SP (1 Quest and 1 Thread) and +216 Col (83 Loot and 133 Thread)
  • 2 Materials placed in the Shared Friend Inventory of Flints and Endilix
  • ID: 56688 LD: 2
    • 50 Extra Col for Quest Completion
    • +16 Col to each player
Edited by Endilix