[OP-F1] Four Cups and a Coin: Minigame Time!

If there was one thing that he found weird, it was that SAO didn't have minigames.

All games had minigames, they were ways to divert your attention, kill time while waiting for an event, and overall keep your attention on the game itself. So why was there a lack of minigames? Sure there was fishing, but you could do that in real life so why bother?

So here he was, four cups that he had "borrowed" from an inn, a spare coin, and a box in front of him that had a hastily written sign labeled, "Minigames! :D"

It felt weird sitting there with a forced smile, his spirit refusing to be crushed by the stares he got from the npc vendors as if he was intruding on their never growing tycoon. It was still early in the morning, so most players were still eating breakfast, and the few that passed by him seemed to ignore him. Lazily he put the coin under the second cup, then he moved to the following.

Left, right, right, left, and another left.

Whit lifted the first cup, the gold coin sitting underneath the first cup.

(OOC: Wanna play? All you have to do is follow the coin and tell Whit what number the cup is under, Left goes down a number and right goes up. Whit will always start at the second cup.)

A thick trail of noxious tobacco smoke followed the blacksmith through town.  It was early, yes, but he hadn't yet slept and was currently riding the caffeine and nicotine binge train through the streets.  Slugging back some of his recently purchased coffee and trying to keep his eyes on where he was going, Ronin suddenly spotted something up ahead and pursed his lips in thought.  Dragging at his smoke, he wandered up to the apparent makeshift vendor stand, only to find that it wasn't a vendor stand at all.  "Mini...games?" he mouthed, reading the writing on the side of the box and noting the smiley face.  Grumbling and puffing at his cancer stick, the smoker decided what the hell...  "How much to play?  ...How much can I win?" he asked, popping a squat on the ground and facing toward the man and his cups.

"Hello sir." Whit's attention diverted to the man in front of him, Finally. "Well unfortunately I'm no billionaire so I can't give you a hundred a game, but if your looking for pocket change, then I can provide! You see, each 'game' has four stages, Easy, where if you win you get two coins, Medium, where victory means three coins, Hard, which is five coins a win, and finally Challeging, where you get ten coins. Adding that up means you can win a total of 20 Col. As for the pay, its only five Col to play, ten if you want to double the rewards and make some quick change." Whit pulled out twenty Col to show he had the money, putting it on the table to his right to show he had the cash. "Oh and don't worry, if you lose you still get to keep the money you earned."

(OOC: The amount that Whit moves the cups around depends on the difficulty, Easy-4 Medium-8 Hard-16 Challenging-32.)

At the sight of the money, Ronin nodded his head.  He was a greedy bastard and would do anything for even a single Col.  His curiosity had lead him here and now his greed and insatiable appetite for money would keep him seated.  He turned his eyes toward the cups, licking his lips and taking another drag at his smoke.  "Alrighty... guess I'll take a shot at the easy [censored] to start out... see how it goes... "  With that, the chain smoker tapped at this inventory menu and pulled ten Col into existence.  He slapped it down on the box.  "...And hell, let's double up on 'dem rewards," he added with a smirk.

(OOC: Easy mode, doubled-down)

Whit's game money: 200 + 10 = 210

"Aaaalrighty, here we go then!"

Whit picked up the second cup and tossed his coin in, and then flipped it down. He quickly scrambled the cups around, making sure the coin under the cup moved like so:

Right, left, and then right twice.

"Now, which cup is it in?"

Whit grabbed four coins from his small pile to the side, he'd be thoroughly suprised if the man managed to not keep track of the coin.

(Reminder: Left subtracts from the cup number, right increase it.)

Khrysaor was walking the streets alone and bored. It was still early morning, usually he did not get up this early. He had his hands in his pocket and yawned, thinking about what the new day will bring. At the moment other shops and shop owners were just opening up or getting ready for the day. Up in the distance he saw cardboard box stand, and his curiosity got the better of him. He started to walk towards it and see what was happening. Khrysaor noticed another player at the stand already. When he got to the stand, his eyes landed on 4 cups being pushed around by the owner, who he did not recognize. He face showed the confusion he felt, "What the hell is going on here?" muttered Khrysaor. He stretched his neck to the side to get a better view of the front of the cardboard box and saw written on it was "MINI GAMES". Now, Khrysaor got the jist it was a mini game stall. He waited patiently for the game to end, so he could get some more details. He looked to the other player who was playing and he was in deep concentration. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Oh, hey its Ronin, been a while. I wonder what he is doing up this early, he doesn'r seem the type. Oh, well.' Khrysaor just waited till his turn came.

The chain smoker pulled a long drag at his smoke before plucking it from his lips.  He licked at their slightly chapped surfaces and rubbed his chin as he watched the cups slide back and forth.  "This one," he said once the cups had stopped moving, pointing to the fourth cup.  He was pretty damn sure he had nailed it, so he turned and gave a look toward the pair of legs that had recently strolled up next to him.  As his eyes trailed upward, he discovered that the legs belonged to a familiar face.  "Oh hey man, how's it hangin?" he asked, before turning his attention back to the mini-game dude.

Khrysaor heard Ronin call out the fourth cup, 'Hmm, lets see if he right, I was not following this game, so had no clue where the coin could be hiding.' thought Kjrysaor. He heard the chain smoker calling ou to him, and said, "Not much, just too lazy to do anything at the moment, but this seems interesting. What's the wager?" "How about you what's have you been up to, since the last time I saw you?" asked Khrysaor. He went back to staring at the cup that was chosen, and wanted to see the result.

Whit's game money: 210-4=206

"Correct!" Whit lifted the cup to confirm the man's answer, sliding the four coins in his hand over to the man's side for him to grab. It felt nice being a sort of game master, and giving away money while having a little fun was good enough to make him enjoy this silly idea he had.

"Onto Medium dificulty." Whit grabbed the second cup, tossing the game coin in and popping it back on the box, "Here we go!" Whit grabbed the cups and began scrambling once again, but this time it was a little more furiously, the order the coin cup moved in was like so:

Right, Right, Left, Left twice, Right, Left, and Right.

Whit waved his hands towards the cups, "You know what to do." His eyes drifted towards someone whom he presumed was the challenger's friend, judging from the chatter between the two. "'Ello, sir. Five Col for a chance to win 20 Col, ten Col to win twice as much."

Of course its a near guranteed win for him, but where's the fun in telling him that?

Edited by Whit

"Well, I'm down for putting 10 Col. in, double-or-nothing. Let's do it!" said Khrysaor excitedly. He remembered when he used to be a dealer in his neighborhood when he was a child, doing such games, and swindling the richer people of their money. Used to be a way to make extra cash, but now he will be the player, should be fun, and nice way pass the time. 'Let's see if my skills got rusty.' thought Khrysaor.

-10 Col.

The chain smoker narrowed his eyes as he watched the game begin again... this time on the medium difficulty level.  He took a long, slow drag at his cigarette, the cherry burning brightly on the tip of the cancerous cylinder.  Once the cups had stopped, the smoker slowly extended his gloved index finger forward to make his choice.  "'Dis one..." he said in a raspy voice, pointing to the second cup.  He then leaned back a bit, returning his attention to the familiar faced gent.  "Ah ya' know... been runnin' 'round handlin' business," said Ronin in response to the guy's latest question.  "Married life is a blast... almost everyday I wake up and Jambi makes me breakfast.  Either some little egg and cheese sammiches on everything bagels or pancakes!  It's the life..." he breathed, before lookin' back toward the cups and the guy runnin' the mini-game.

Whit's game money: 206 -6 =200

Whit grinned slightly, lifting the cup to reveal the gold coin. "Nice, of course, I'm going to be moving a lot faster from now on, but hey!" Whit slid over the earned six Col, "from now on its all reward and no risk." Whit tossed the coin back into the second cup, not even letting the coin hit the box before sliding the cup it was in around even more.

Right twice, left, right, Left twice, left, Right, Right again, Left, right, Left twice, Right, Left, Right.

"Ah, you can try the game as soon as I've completed this game, unfortunately I lack four arms, and I don't think I could really focus on anymore than six cups anyways." Speaking of cups, which one was it again? He had looked away for a second and couldn't remember where he left the coin. It was the third cup, no wait, the second one, fourth? Well, it didn't really matter, not for him anyway. The man in front of him had that job of worrying over the location of the coin.

Edited by Whit

"Hmm, I would really love to eat something different, been a while since I had any variety in my meals," Khrysaor said to no one in particular. He was staring at the second round much more carefully than he did in the first one. He thinks he knows the correct cup which has the coin but just wanted confirmation if his guess was right. 'Looks like Ronin has gotten his money back, now lets see if he can succeed in making a few extra Col.' thought Khrysaor. He heard the dealer say for him to wait his turn. Khrysaor really did not mind waiting, he had no where in particular to go this early in the morning. Khrysaor replied to the dealer, "Ahh, don't mind me continue on and complete your game."

The chain smoker pulled a drag at his lipped cigarette, his hands resting in his lap and his eyes slightly squinted as he watched the cups move.  He didn't take his eyes off of them, even as the poisonous smoke danced up from his lit cancer stick and swirled in front of his gaze.  He peered through the noxious fumes and followed the cup with the coin under it.  No matter how many moves, no matter how fast, Ronin wouldn't lose track of it. 

He smirked and straightened up in his seated posture once the cups stopped moving.  Slowly, he plucked the cigarette from his lips and extended his fingers toward the cups.  "Gotta' be this one..." he answered, pointing to the second cup, where the coin had begun.  He then turned his eyes back toward Khrysa... whatever his name was, and nodded.  "Yeah man, come by the shop sometime, I'll save ya' a pancake."

This time Khrysaor's eyes never left the cups and he knew where the coin was, and thought Ronin has picked right, at least more chance his guess was right. Khrysaor decided to go and lean against the wall, because he knew this may take some more time. He felt more relaxed leaning against the wall, and heard Ronin say to him to come to his shop anytime to eat a good pancake. Khrysaor smiled and said, "Maybe, I will take you up on that offer, will be good to have something new once in a while."

200-10=190

"Wron- Right!" Whit stuttered over his words, realizing that it was indeed the second cup like the man said. Whit slid the prize money across the box, repeating the process of tossing the game coin back into the cup. The teen hunched his shoulders over and stared over the cups like he was predicting his own movements despite moving at random. His arms moved across the cups dashing the coin around like so:

Right, Right, Left, Right, Left, Left, Right, Left, Right, Right, Left twice, Right, Left, Left, Right, Right, Left, Right twice, Left, Left, Right, Left, Right, Right, Left twice, Right, Left, Left, Right.

"I guess this is it then, the last round, so anyway," Whit turned to the awaiting player, "I'm ready when you are, the rules are quite simple, I put the coin in the cup, swish around a bit, then if you can tell me where the coin is you get a bit of prize money. Of course you have to play a few rounds before you can actually earn money, but the first few rounds are simple enough that at the most you just lose a chance to get enough money to buy some sandwich or a drink, understand?"

(Sorry for the wait, I had some complications about my computer.)

In his usual fashion, the wanderer has once again found himself in the first floor of this god forsaken death game. It has been awhile since he's been here. He's spent last couple of week in the forth floor maintaining his shop and exploring the lands. He came back down here in the first floor since he's been in need of materials and he thought it best to farm down here in the fields of the 1st floor. 

As he wandered around the town, he quickly realizes that there have been many changes. There were new shops open and old shops closed. After a few left turns and right turns, the wanderer found himself at an alleyway where some players were gathering around making a commotion. He takes a closer look, he sees 2 of the 3 players were people he's met before back when he wandered the 1st floor. It was Ronin and Khrysaor. With a slight smile on his face, he slowly makes his way to the group, where he seems them to be playing a game. Interested, he silently watched as the game ensued. 

Leon was been wandering town for awhile now. He's still new to the game so every little thing intrigues him. Walking around town through twists and turns, he finds himself at an ally where multiple players have gather. He was curious on what he they were doing. He quickly walks towards them and peaks in little by little. "Hey guys, what's happening? What is this? Oooh can I play? Ah crap, you need to spend money? I'm flat broke." Leon's mouth flew open none stop asking everyone questions until he realized that he needs money, and he doesn't have any. With that thought in mind, his face quickly breaks into a sad face.