[PP-F2] "What is a Hero?" Saga - The Shadow of the Mountain - Part 3 (Flints, Endilix)

Continued From Part 2

Raz looked at the warehouse that had been his home. Dust blew across the floor, and candles lit up the scene inside. But what struck Raz most was that... the entryway was empty. Raz stepped inside, his boots ringing throughout the empty space as his feet landed upon the floor. Raz looked around to see the six doors of the entryway that led into various rooms of various use. And then on the far end of the room was a set of double doors. Raz looked around before pointing to the doors at the far end, "Everyone is probably either out or asleep. Those doors lead to the main storehouse part of the warehouse. It's where we keep all the loot." Raz thought about the idea that he was still talking like he belonged here, before shaking his head, "Their loot."

Flints looked around curiously, she had half expected for their crew to walk in on a band of theives; startling them and getting a bunch of aggressive snarls until they realized it was one of their own. Raz standing tall and proud, challenging friends to question his new found authority. Maybe they would even welcome them with open arms, throw a party for their missing brethren and everything! Ask him about his escapades and how he managed to kill the executioner. She imagined him telling the tall tell with such brightness and excitment in his eyes and smile. But here they stood in a dark, empty, building with a lot of what looked like rooms. Probably where all the theives slept.

Flints wondered what room Raz used to sleep in. She looked to the man and gently tugged on his side, looking up curiously at him. "It seems like no ones been here in months...can we take a look at the loots?" She grinned mischievously.  

Endilix looked around while standing in the doorway of the dilapidated building. "You guys didn't clean up much, by the looks of it." Endilix chuckled and walked over to Flints, eying her suspiciously. "We probably shouldn't steal from thieves. Who knows who it came from, and how precious it is." Endilix rubbed his chin in thought and followed up with, "Unless you guys want to put everything together and find the owners. That'd set things right. And we'd be heroes!" Endilix's eyes practically glittered in the dim light as he spoke, hardly noticing anything else. But then he turned to Raz, a bit more serious. "Where is everyone anyway?"

Raz nodded to Flints as she spoke, "Raz really wishes we could, but..." Raz started, but was cut off by Endilix scolding the two of them. Raz frowned at the other redhead and shook his head, hardly listening or wanting to hear about his heroic notions. If Raz wanted to steal, Raz would steal. "But we can't get into the warehouse proper without a key. Trust me, we also tried picking the lock. We are thieves. But no dice." Raz shrugged and looked around at the rooms. "Everyone must be asleep. Anyone here at least. Hopefully someone has the key. I suggest we start knocking. Either we find the key or cause a ruckus to make the leader show up. Whichever works."

Flints stared at Endilix as he started to scold the two for talking about the treasure, then he talked about how he wanted to return it all. Flints snorted and continued to image herself rolling around in all that loot and grinned "you know, you and I are very different people." She laughed and shook her head. She looked to Raz as he spoke and nodded. "Well standing here talking will most likely get us ambushed again so let's try the rooms or something.." Flints looked at the line of rooms and passed them by until she found a door to her liking. "Do I knock or just go in? Do you think i would be questioned if I went into someone's room?" Flints turned the knob to the surprisingly unlocked door and looked to the two in surpise. "It's...open?" She whispered. something was off about this place. She could feel it in her bones.