[PP-F1] Feeding the enemy

The Black Swordsman, Kirito, relaxing around a nice lake while chomping down on a pretty nice sized burger. It was filled with everything, tomato, lettuce and all the other little things that made a burger taste simply amazing. Enjoying the scenery of the beautiful light blue sky of Aincrad, Kitito finished up his burger and clasps his hands together and began rubbing them together.

Stretching from his long day even though it was still day time he had been doing a lot of work lately. Being on the front lines was not easy. He stood up and looked around the area once more before taking his leave. As he was leaving the area he noticed a player fishing in the huge lake. As much as he wanted to join in on that fun he decided to leave.

Kirito walking on the path toward the town he over heard players fighting at who gets the boss prize. He chuckled and without paying attention he bumped into a blonde haired girl. His eyes widen as he rubbed the back if his neck embarrassed. "I-I'm sorry about that...are you alright?" he asked politely.

It was a common usual day on floor 1. The artificial sun stood sky-high as it rained down heat and light upon the players of Aincrad.

Alycia was out on one of her 'explore the starting city' tours. She was dressed in her usual purple starting. Walking through the streets of the city a strange gypsy approached her from out of nowhere. He stared the young girl down, examining her before addressing her.

"Psst, hey lady. Pssssttttttt" he exclaimed.

Alycia's eyes shifted from the nearby stores to the mysterious looking guy, she halted for a moment - examining the stranger quietly as she folded her arms. "What do you want?" she asked with a stern but low voice.

The stranger grinned as he briefly licked his lips before extending his arm, gesturing the young blond to come closer towards him. For a moment she considered ignoring the stranger and to just ignore the weirdo, sadly her curiosity got the better of her. Slowly she made her way towards him, stopping only a meter in front of him. The stranger's grin reverted in a casual smile as he began to speak in a low voice, "Hello there, I have a simple question for you." He whisped.

"And that is..?" She asked in return.

"Have you ever tried to feed a beast and leave it alive?"

Alycia pondered at the man with an surprised expression on her face as she wondered why anyone at all would even consider doing that.

the stranger coughed a bit before he began his explanation, "Your facial expression says enough..it is rumored that if you feed a beast with something they like - they become friendly towards you, they become your....pet. Yes..you basically become their master. People who accomplish this and let me say these are a few. Are known as beast-tamers."

"That sounds awesome!" Alycia yelled out in excitement

"Shhttt >.

"Oh sorry! My bad..so ehm..I just gotta feed it to an random animal?"

"Exactly, easy enough right? I can't garantee you it would work with any animal though T.T" he quickly added.

"That's okay! I have heard enough! I'll be off then!" and with that the young female turned around and in a burst of speed made her way towards the nearest mob zone.

"O.o w-w-wait I-I..." the stranger tried to say, but Alycia was already to far to hear him any longer. "Great." He exclaimed with a heavy sigh before turning around and walking slowly away.

Alot of thoughts raced through Alycia's mind as she ran over the streets, narrowly dodging other players while she did so, "My own pet! O my god this is great! Just imagine what I could do with one of those! I can play with it, talk to it, fight alongside it, take care of it, fe-" *CRASH* Alycia fell backwards on her butt as she met someone's chest face first. Whilst rubbing her stinging forehead she looked up and opened her mouth, "I'm alright, I wasn't paying attention - sorry" she said as she crawled back up. A boy, fully dressed in a black attire stood in front of her - he was slightly bigger then she was and didn't seem to be angry for her crashing against him. Bowing gracefully she quickly apoligized once more, "I'm terribly sorry! I was just making my way towards the closest mob-zone" standing back up she rubbed the back of her head "I guess I wasn't paying too much attention hehe.. ^^" she exclaimed, abit embarrassed. "I'm Alycia! Who are you?" She quickly added while doing her best to smile towards the young man.

Right as the impact of the crash between the two happen, Kirito noticed the girl apologized quite a lot. Considering he didn't even think it was her fault. She was a fairly strange girl from Kirito's point of view. She even bowed and apologized. That wasn't really needed because she wasn't the only one to blame.

She must've been in a hurry or something? With a few pointless thoughts rubbing through his head, it was time to actually speak up and stop looking at her like some idiot. Kirito had to think before he spoke because he hated making himself look lame in front of girls. It wasn't his style.

"O-oh um...it wasn't really your fault. I can take the blame for a bit of it. I tend to always walk around with my mind somewhere else which leads me into accidents like this. I'm glad your alright. You were making your way to a closet mob zone? What the heck is that? Sounds kinda interesting though. Alycia, huh? Pretty cool name. I'm Kirito. Nice to meet ya!" the young male gave her a smirk.

Alycia giggled as the boy in front of her misunderstood her, "haha, not the closet mob-zone you dummy" she spoke whilst giggling, "the closest mob-zone - like in the nearest." She said jokingly as she stared straight into his eyes. "Kirito huh? That's a nice name" the boy seemed to be pretty polite towards her, and she couldn't help but like him as well. Perhaps it was because he was pretty silly in a fun way, or maybe because he was just good-looking.

Regardless Alycia wanted to go find a beast and attempt to tame it, but what if it proved to be too strong for her? What if she couldn't do it alone? A smirk appeared on her face as an idea crossed her mind, "Say...Kirito-kun? Do you happen to be busy or anything? You see..I'm just level 1 and I have to go get something outside the city - but I'm scared something might happen to me :(" she said whilst staring cutely into kirito's eyes. "Could you please, please, pleaseeeee help me out? It won't take long! I promise!" she begged as she grabbed both of Kirito's hands and awaited impatiently for his answer. "I won't let you go until you say yes! :3"

He turned slightly red and his eyebrows slanted. "Hey! Don't call me a dummy! That's so uncool Alycia...heheh." he slumped his body over while his head and arms dangled, it was almost like he was lifeless, though he was just kidding around. Noticing their eyes were glued to the others, the girl gave him a compliment which made him smile. "Thank you Aylcia. I appreciate the compliment."

So far the conversation seemed to be going well, the girl even seemed very polite. Kirito always enjoy players such as her. The smirk which appeared on her face was very noticeable. It was kinda cute anyway. Feeling the warmth of her hands it made him blush. "I'm not really busy at the moment. Level one, huh? Don't worry about it Aylcia. I'll help you with this quest but only if you get me a burger after it's over. Hahah I have all the col I want but since I'm helping you out, buy me a nice burger." he gave her hands a squeeze after he spoke in a calm tone.

Alycia giggled as Kirito would help her out in exchange for a burger, "Well then, It's a deal then! You help me out and I'll help you out" her eyes remained locked onto his periodically as she noticed him turning red. Quickly turning around and pretending she hadn't seen it she kept on holding one of Kirito's hands. Her cheeks had turned bright red, Alycia had hoped Kirito hadn't noticed this. She had this strange feeling in her stomach, it couldn't be helped. Perhaps it was because she got excited? But from what? From Kirito? Impossible - she just couldn't...perhaps from her soon to be pet. Yeah that had to be it, atleast that's what she hoped. No time to think about that now, she had to tame herself an beast! "Come on, let's move!" She exclaimed while subsequently pulling Kirito's arm. She would lead him outside the city towards the wildlife whilst explaining him what she was after.

"The reason I wanna go out hunting is because I wanna feed a beast random food. It is said, that a few players can actually befriend a beast through this way and and..become a beast tamer!" I wanna become one too! She spoke out excitingly as the two exited the city. "But euh..say but Kirito-kun.."She began but then decided to not start about it "Ehh nevermind.., we're almost there." she stated with a tone abit lower then usual. "Best I don't ask..It's too early."

Chuckling slightly at the thought of Aycial still holding his hand as they finally began to walk. Who would've thought a girl would just randomly wanna hold hands with a guy like me? That was beyond weird in Kirito's eyes. Though he didn't mind it at all. "So you wanna feed a beast so you can become a beast tamer. Meh...not really my style but I hope you love the creature a lot." he smiled at her.

Kirito's eyebrow suddenly raising in curiosity as the female started to state maybe somewhat of a question? But she quickly pushed it away. Was it something bothering her? He thought to himself. "Whats wrong, Aycial? You seemed like you had something to say to me. Or ask me... Is everything alright?" he sighs.

"Everything is okay!" She replied in a lively tone, "I forgot what I wanted to say, anyway! Kirito, tell me abit about yourself!" Normally Alycia didn't easily socialize with people, especially random ones - and surely not from the opposite sex. But she had promised herself to try and change her ways of living and so she did. Hoping that with Kirito she could try and accomplish this, that and the boy didn't seem to mind too much. The touch of his hand was soft, yet warm and gentle - why was she feeling like this? And why was she feeling so uneasy around this guy? It didn't matter, perhaps the strange feeling would disappear if they had reached their destination.

Walking alongside Kirito on a slower much more relaxed pace she looked at him with her adorable blue eyes, awaiting his answer. The virtual wind blew gently in the pair's face, causing locks of their hair to levitate peacefully alongside the wind.

The nice breeze blowing their hair in the same direction that felt like it just flowed with their conversation and this weird tingly feeling in Kirito's stomach. Maybe he was interested in why this girl wanted to know more about him. Slowly lifting his free hand to rub the back of his neck while looking away with an uneasy facial expression. He wasn't sure what to state about himself considering he's just a normal guy.

Taking a deep breath, he finally began to open his mouth. "Uh....let's see. I'm seventeen years old. I'm a pretty laid back guy and almost always calm. I have a sensitive side which haunts me in this game. If someone I love die in this game I just don't know what I'd do... Meh.. I love burgers and taking long naps on a green grass field surrounded by a few trees giving me enough shade to cover my face from the beautiful sky. And if were talking about real life...I'm pretty much the same. Although I'm a basketball player. Well I was...haha now that I'm in this game it's all over. So, what about you?" the young male smirked at Alycia.

Alycia listened intently to Kirito as he introduced himself, it seemed he was seventeen years old - that was four years older then she actually was. Regardless his explanation carried on, he sounded like a pretty cool dude - relaxing and enjoying his game at its fullest. Just like Alycia really! She had been doing nothing else since her entrapment within the game. Sleep and enjoy the beautiful weather! That's all she had been doing, until just recently.

As Kirito finished and asked her the same question she had asked him before her peach colored lips opened, "Well I sleep a lot" she started, "I'm also quite lazy most of times and simply just sleep under a tree and enjoy the view of Aincrad." Pausing briefly she taught what to say next. "I'm thirteen years old, but I am mentally very mature! In real life I'm very quiet..unlike you I don't do any awesome sports - sorry." Not realizing she apoligized again for no apparent reason she continued, "In-game I'm a bit more social but I usually spend my time alone so...yeah." Her eyes shifted from the green grass to Kirito as she let loose a bunch of words, "My dream is to become stronger and do my best to level up as fast as I can. So I can meet a front-liner and become one myself!" Her motivated tone soon changed into a lesser cheerful tone. "But I doubt that will ever happen..." she drawled out - her eyes staring at the grass as it gently flowed with the wind

Kirito, tiredly listening to every word the Aycial said, something she said stood out to him. It was so surprising that Kirito quickly snatched his hand away from Aylcias. Giving off a weird expression toward the girl he tried to play it off by sticking his hands in his pockets with a cheesy smile aimed her way.

"Thats some pretty interesting stuff.. I'm sure you'll turn that dream into a reality sooner or later. You really have to just be patient with things like that." without saying anymore, he casually looked forward and started to walk a little ahead of her. Kirito's eyes twitching slightly. Holy crap....I'm alone holding hands with some thirteen year old. No way will I do that again. That's so weird and uncool. He thought to himself.

For a moment Alycia felt great, loved, befriended. But then all of a sudden Kirito had jerked his hand back. Alycia looked at him with great surprise. Did she say something wrong? Perhaps he didn't want to be seen with her? Did he already have a girlfriend? She was confused, perhaps he didn't like her goals. His smile didn't improve the situation either, what the hell was going on? Why was he suddenly acting so different? As she watched Kirito sticking his hands into his pockets. the young blonde knew now for sure that something was wrong.

Allowing him to casually walk in front of her she remained quiet, confused and sad altogether she too, sticked her hands into her black trouser'z pockets and followed him - leaving one meter space between the two. "..." her smile had disappeared entirely and was replaced with an sorrow expression. It was quiet, only the wind breezing gently once in awhile - announcing its presence as it did so. A flock of her blond hair covered her right eye entirely, a tear rolled from that same eye down her cheek, towards her chin and eventually fell upon the emerald green grassy surface.

After pulling his hand away from one huge problem, Kirito let out a sudden sigh. His stupid reason was because of their age difference. The type of guy he is was well...different. Every time he met a girl in real life or in this game, they at least had to be his age, one year less or older than him but not by much. Kirito was a very picky dude but it was actually smart if you think about. The young male is seventeen and the girl he's walking with is thirteen. She's still a kid while he'll be an adult soon. That's something that he can't just bring himself to do, he couldn't date a younger kid.

Feeling bad about what he did, Kirito slowly turned around while walking backwards to keep some space. As he looked Alycia's face he saw a weird facial expression filled with sorrow. He shrugged and walked towards Alycia and flicks her forehead. "Don't cry... I know what your thinking. Jerking my hand away was probably not that cool, huh? It's just that the age difference is way too different. I'll soon be an adult while your still in your teen years and stuff. Whelp I'm classified as an adult at eighteen. That's just one year away. So that's why... " he sighs as he starts walking side by side with her again.

"Oh I don't mind hand jerking don't worry. And I'm not really looking for a boyfriend - I was just.. I just have been lonely for a very long time and you..well you made me happy for a moment." She smiled at him as she wiped her tear away. "Don't worry, I'm fine!" She claimed, but deep within her heart she knew she was lying.

She didn't want to talk any longer about it so she decided to change the subject, "so ehm.., do you have any idea where we're going? I mean...I don't really know the best spots to search for beasts" a smile crept back on her face as she was reminded what she was doing - she was going to become a beast tamer! No matter what.