[PP-F4] Wake up Call <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Asteria)

Lying on the ground, Husky was sleeping in the middle of the snowing wood on the fourth floor. He blacked out from the snowing blizzard yesterday night, and by the time Husky woke up, he has already been buried under a small layer of snow. Getting up from the ground, Husky brushed the snow off his golden chest plates, gauntlets, shoulders, and his brown hair. Some remarkable reason, Husky hasn't got mauled by the monsters in the floor. That was when he felt something nibbling on his feet. Looking down, he was expecting something intimidating, but instead, he only saw a little snow wolf cub. The little wolf was biting on his ankle, where there were no real armor that was protecting him. He sighed in relief. Seeing the little wolf cub like him dying to his thorns armor. Even though the wolf is harming him, and there's still a risk of him dying, the wolf is uncontrollably adorable. Still, the wolf shouldn't be here. It's too young for him to kill him. "Now now... Shoo! Go on, little wolfie." Husky said, scooting the wolf away. 

The brown haired boy continued on walking on the snow. His hair coated with white snow. Husky was still trying to find his way back to town, but he didn't have any luck with this. While walking, he could hear rustling from the bushes. Raised his hand and got ready for a fight, Husky readied for whatever it is to approach him. He was relief to see the little wolf that followed him. 

The sound of irregular crunching footsteps could be heard in the middle of a sparse wooded area just outside of the fourth floor's main city. Clear, white snow blanketed the trees above and the smooth ground below until a young girl's boots and her little fox's paws hit the soft powder. An orange fox darted and hopped around playfully, letting out a soft yip now and then. Chasing behind him, a girl with matching hair and a huge grin on her face struggled to keep her balance as her feet dropped through the few inches of snow coating the ground when she walked.

Her breath grew heavy as she walked and ran after her companion, leaving puffs of white air in front of her. The fox turned back to face her, and as Aster closed the gap between them she sprung towards him. The fox quickly dashed away, and in his place a bed of snow came up to greet the girl. "Eee!" She let out a squeal and brought her arms up to brace herself. Landing with a splash of snow around her, Aster lay face down covered from head to toe. Reginald approached her, sniffing and nosing at the girl's head, causing her to pull up her head and glare at him.

Declared Equipment:

Spoiler

»Basic Two-Handed Assault Spear (Good)
»Treasure Hunting Socks (Uncommon) +1 LD
»Tunic of Burning Magic (Uncommon) +1 MIT
»Reginald (Uncommon) (Fox Familiar) +1 LD

Husky was just readied to leave the little wolf cub, when he heard another player nearby. "If there's players nearby... that's mean I must be close to town." Husky told himself, silently celebrate for him finally able to navigate back to town. Finally, he could found a way out of this forest. The warrior set out on a search for wherever the noise came from. Searching for a while, he came across a girl playing with a fox, presumably her familiar. Husky stayed behind the bushes for the time being. He didn't wanted to startle the girl just yet. Brushing off the snow on his brown hair, Husky tried his best to ignore the cold of the floor. 

"Arf! Arf!" The barking noise from the little wolf that has been following Husky for a while startled him. Husky turn around, seeing the little wolf cub standing there, kept on barking at him. "Shoo! Go away!" He scowled at the wolf, but the little canine wouldn't listen, continued barking at him. Husky sighed,placing his face over his forehead and sighed in defeated. He couldn't do anything to the wolf, his morality doesn't allow him to do anything.

The fox prodded at the girl's face with its nose, causing her glare to disappear and she broke out into laughter. Aster shivered, now covered in the cold snow. She let out a heavy sigh, letting her body rest a moment. She waved lazily as the fox continued poking and nudging at her, eventually settling for standing his front paws in the middle of her back. Aster didn't protest, lazily letting the fox do as he wished.

At the sound of barking nearby, Reginald's ears twitched and he looked in the direction of the source at alert, moving his head forward cautiously. Aster flinched, looking to the side with her inconvenient position. A moment later, Reginald hopped from his perch on her and scurried over to the source of the noise. "R-Reginald?" Aster called with a concerned tone, pushing herself up to her knees as the fox sniffed the air curiously. He quickly found the brunette and wolf pup nearby, approaching cautiously. When the orange creature came into view, the little wolf turned its attention from the man to the fox, fearlessly starting to bark. The fox circled to slowly back away in reaction

The little Wolf cub averted it attention to the orange fox when it peeped its head through the foliage of the bushes. Husky hasn't notice the fox, until he heard rustles from behind him near the bushes. He could see an orange tail entered the bush and disappeared behind the foliage. He assumed that the girl has found out where he was, and didn't want any wrong assumption of him, Husky got up and get out from the hiding spot. Exit the bush, he came face to face with the little girl and her pet fox. 

"Hello there..." He spoken, before he was interrupted by the little wolf cub following him. His face clearly expressed his  annoyance in the little wolf cub now biting and nibbling on his ankle again. "Sorry about that.... I don't really know what's the problem with this one, but he keeps on following me all morning now. Hi, I'm a little lost, so if you doesn't mind, do you know which's the way back to town?"

Aster was futilely trying to brush snow from the front of her brown tunic as Reginald darted back to her side. His green eyes shifted between the man that had approached them and the wolf pup at his feet. The girl looked up in surprise as Husky spoke, growing a little flustered that someone else had been nearby. "Oh! Err, no, don't worry about it!" She absently ran a hand down the length of the fox's back to calm him. Aster looked at the determined wolf trying its best to defeat the man. She chuckled in reaction, smiling at the furry little creature. "He sure is confident, though." She scratched her fox behind his ears, causing him to rub up against her leg.

The girl stood up fully after a moment, trying again to brush off the snow that had settled into her clothing and hair. "Oh, back to town?" She brought a hand to her chin and looked behind her. "It should be a pretty straight shot that way," She extended a finger to point out the direction. Looking down to the fox she added, "You know the way back, right?" In response, the familiar simply starting walking back through the snow. Aster smiled and looked back to Husky as she began to follow the fox, "We should be heading back there, too. You're welcome to join us on the way."

"He's determined, I'll give him that. If it's not for my Healh Bar dropping, I wouldn't have any problem with him." Husky commented on the little wolf nibbling away at his ankle. "Give me a second." Husky said, crouching down and carefully picked the little wolf cub up with his hand. Since he's a Martial Art user, touching wild animal can be a problem if he isn't careful and accidentally activated his Sword Arts. Husky dug a small hole in the snow, and place the wolf in. It's tiny head peeping out of the snow, as it tried to dig it's way back up and getting back to Husky to munched on his ankle again.

"That should gave us some time to discuss things." Husky return to the girl with her fox, brushing the snow off his hands and fingers. "A straight walk from here... well that was a little easier than expected. Sure, I could follow along with you guys." Husky accepted the invitation, following the girl and her fox back to town. He knows that he shouldn't put too much trusts in strangers, but the girl doesn't seemed to be that bad, and he really want to get out of this forsaken forest. 

Aster's boots crunched the snow beneath them as she walked. She followed lazily behind Reginald, who looked back occasionally to make sure he wasn't too far ahead. The girl looked back as her acquaintance caught up, smiling before speaking up again, "So, what were you up to out here by yourself? If you don't mind me asking," She added. She was curious as to how long the man had been out here in the winter wonderland, considering he had lost his way. 

Edited by Asteria

Following the girl and her fox, Husky had wondered how did she managed to tame the fox and befriended with it as she is now. She seemed to put a lot of trust to the fox, as well as it did to her. "Oh, at first I was just out to collect material for my shop, but then I got sidetracked with a quest near the area. After that, I forgot the way back and I'm terrible to navigate with the map." Husky explains his situation. "Stuck out here at night isn't the most pleasant thing that could happened to you." He added, thinking of what had happened to him.

"How about you? You seemed like you had fun playing with your pet. How did you tame it?" Husky asked, intrigued in how the girl was able to tame a wild beast. The guide book didn't mention much of it, and he haven't seen many people who carries around her pet. Maybe it's a trick that he could use.

Aster frowned when he explained he was lost during the night. "Well it's a good thing you're alright. If this were the real world you could have gotten a number of illnesses." She stopped herself before she began to ramble about the various diseases that thrived in cold weather. Her cheeks turned a slight pink when the man mentioned her playing with her familiar. She wondered if he had seen her twirling around in the snow like a schoolchild. "Oh! It was a quest, I believe." She frowned in thought while she recalled the details. "There was a woman on the first floor, her name was Taylein." She explained, remembering the woman well. "The game reacted when I spoke to her. But she told me that some creatures can be befriended, with the right incentive." Aster held up a finger as she continued. "I was surprised that Reginald here was fond of just some bread. I think he was more curious about me than I was of him."

Husky chuckled when the girl mentioned about he was lucky not to be sick after spending and night outside. "Yeah.... If this was real life I would have had a lot of other problems as well." He sighed, continued on walking through the forest, following the girl and her fox. When the girl mentioned of a quest, and the NPC that explained for him how someone could befriended with a small creature, Husky remembered of making somewhat interaction with that NPC some time ago. "Huh. That's something I didn't really notice of. Maybe I should get a pet for my own." Husky wondered, thinking of what pet he should acquire. "You and your pet seemed fit very well together. You two make a good team, I can tell you that." He complimented. That was when he forgot something rather important. "Oh, where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Husky, pleasure to meet you."

They didnt managed to walk for too far, when they hear a series of barking from a far. The little wolf cub from before trod along the path, following Husky as it started barking at him once again. "Oh goodness me...." Husky let out a sigh, frustrated as the little wolf's determinations 

"Oh, Aster," The girl replied, stopping briefly to turn and give the man a polite curtsy. She quickly jogged back to keep her pace, as the fox ahead of them started glancing back at her. 'Husky,' His name immediately made her think of the dog breed. As if in response to her musing, a faint barking caught her attention. Aster squinted, seeing the small creature race towards them, and a smile grew on her face. While the pup was a full wolf, his resemblance to a young husky struck her as adorable. "Well, it looks like you've found a little one that really likes you!" She laughed, half-teasing as the pup continued to close the gap between them.

Husky let out a sigh, looking at the little wolf tried to run as fast as he could at him. "He's a persisted one too... I would be ok with it if it weren't for a fact that he's biting on my leg all the time." Husky shook his head. Before the wolf cub could reach him, Husky opened his inventory menu and quickly unequipped his gauntlets, avoid dealing any damage to the wolf. "Better careful than regret." Husky told himself, before approaching the wolf cub himself.

"Hey there little guy." The warrior talk to the wolf, jumping on his four tiny legs and barking at him. Husky reach his hand out, tried and pet the little wolf. His fur was very soft, much softer than the one he had on his armor around his neck. But the wolf didn't stay calm for the brunette to pet him for long. It shook away from his and and chomped on Husky's finger. With quick reflex, husky managed to pull his hand out before the wolf could bite him. "So you feed some food to the fox, then you and him become friend?" Husky turned around, asking Aster to assured of the taming for the wolf.

Aster smiled, and as the two stopped to turn their attention to the little wolf scampering up to them, Reginald spun around and lay down in the snow, patiently waiting to be their guide again. She couldn't help chuckling at the little wolf's aggressive nature as it nipped and tried to bite at Husky. When the man turned to ask about her experience, the orange-haired girl nodded. "Right. He seemed more curious than hungry, though." She added, motioning her head towards the fox.

Placing a finger to her chin in thought, the girl frowned at the wolf. "I wonder if he's picky or not. Wolves are carnivores, so if you have any meat on you he might like it." She mused, watching the two of them curiously.

"Alright... All I have to do is to give him some kind of meat, and see where it will go." Husky mumbled to himself, looking back at the little wolf. He give it his hand, letting it nipped and bite on it while he surf through the inventory menu looking for the item needed. "Yes. I knew I have some boar meat from the previous expedition." He cheered, taking out a small piece of meat from the inventory menu. Looking at his health bar, draining slowly one HP at a time, Husky let out a sigh. He pulled his hand away, and instead offer the meat to the wolf cub with his other hand. The little canine looked at the meat interestingly, sniffing at it for a little, then take a small bite on the piece of meat and took it off Husky hand.

The wolf cub ate the small piece of meat without hesitation, all the while Husky standing aside, anxiously waiting for a reaponse. Once it had finally done with its meal, the little wolf cub looked at Husky for a while, before turned its head and left. Husky had expected for one of those dramatic moment where the little wolf would look back at him from a far and trod back to him, but that wasn't the case. It left without taking a look back. The brunette was a little disappointed, but also relief that the thing didn't have to bother him anymore.

Taming attempt:

ID: 58441

LD: 10 {Failed}

Edited by Husky

Aster chuckled again and watched closely, eager to see if the wolf would be interested in what Husky offered--and if he was, maybe he would stop biting him so much. After the little wolf ate the food without hesitation, Aster's heart dropped as the creature turned and scampered away from them. "Looks like he was just more interested in a meal..." The girl muttered glumly. She took in a deep breath that left her in a sigh, crossing her arms in front of her as she gave Husky a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry," she offered lamely, "but if you're looking for a companion I'm sure you'll find one."

"Well, I don't blame it for acting like that. After all, worst case scenario, it's just made of zeroes and ones and only following it's coding." Husky sighed, sat up brushing off the snow on his pants and knee. "But hey. I was never a really experience on owning a pet. I might hold off on the idea of getting one for now." Husky tried his best to hide his disappointment. "Well, I suppose we should head back. Monster in this floor can get a little intense to deal with, mainly because they usually attack in pack." Turned his back toward the direction where they were heading toward, Husky told Aster, suggesting both should head out of the area. It wasn't hard to notice that the brunette was disappointed with the outcome of what had happened, but nonetheless, he managed to hide it well with a bright smile.

Aster's frown persisted, glancing back towards the orange fox who continued waiting patiently behind them. "Well... Maybe that means only certain monsters can be tamed!" She was grasping at straws, but as the words left her mouth she nodded, convincing herself that was the case. "Since it's all programmed, you can't help which ones will be friendly." The girl spoke matter-of-factly, smiling confidently. "So, if you're intent to find one it looks like you'll just have to keep searching until we find the lucky monster." Aster nodded again, unfolding her arms and turning back to Reginald. As they continued back on their path towards town, she put a hand to her chin in thought. A minute or so passed and she spoke up again, "So, I haven't really gotten to explore much of this area. And since it may not be safe to travel alone in the wooded area, I can join you if you plan to keep looking for a familiar."

Husky have had a hunch that the way back will not be an easy way out. Everything until now has been too quiet. They are fairly deep in the wilderness, and yet haven't see one monster on their way back. Something wasn't right. Husky paid extra attention to the surrounding. Especially when his companion, Aster didn't seem to be very well equipped. For precaution, the warrior re-equipped the pair of Gauntlet he has taken off previously. He wasn't far from truth, as dangers was lurking nearby.

"That would be very kind of you. I'm very much appreciate for you to willingly extend a helping hand like this. Not many people I've seen are willing to do what you're doing." Husky thanked Aster for her kindness and hospitality. Not only was she willingly helped him getting back to town, but she also readied to help him with this side quest of his. "It's good to know that people like her still around." Husky sighed in delight, continue on walking. 

Husky notice something moving from the side. The warrior wasted no time, jumping in between him and his companion. Raised his hand to stopped Aster from moving forward, Husky turned to his left and raised both hand, and blocked the incoming attack. Four snow wolves leaped from the bush and attack both of them. With Husky standing in the way however, he was managed to block all incoming damage from hitting Aster, absorb all of them to himself. Luckily, the wolves hit his armor, which allowed him to return some damage back to the wolves. 

ID: 58466

BD: null

MOB: 8

Husky: 36/40 HP | 10/10 EN | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | Hate: 1 ( -(( 30 -20) x4) = -4 DMG)
Asteria: 12/12 HP | 4/4 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | Hate: 0

vs

Snow Wolf 1: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)
Snow Wolf 2: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)
Snow Wolf 3: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)
Snow Wolf 4: 14/28 HP | 20 DMG | 7 MIT | ( -14 THR DMG)

Edited by Husky

Aster blinked in surprise at Husky's thanks and compliments. The girl had long been used to praise for her academic accomplishments, but the sincerity of his words caught her off guard. "Err, I mean," She fumbled over her words a bit. His mention that other players weren't very friendly made her uneasy. She opted for humility, trying to politely talk down his praise. "I'm only good for--" Her words were cut short as the man moved suddenly, rushing forward past her and prompting her to be still. She stopped short, and in response Reginald turned at alert, running back to his companion.

As the wolves appeared from the woods and made their attack, Aster stumbled back a couple of steps in surprise. She quickly calmed herself, taking a moment to analyze everyone's health. 'It looks like they're weaker than him. They only scratched him.' Aster thought with relief. In addition, their attacks caused damage back to them--she wondered if his equipment or a special skill was the cause.

Taking a deep breath, Aster lifted her hands, concentrating hard as she activated her <<First Aid>> skill. She wasn't good at controlling the skill aspects of the game yet, but she only hoped practice made perfect. Lightly pressing against Husky's back, her hands glowed as his health bar ticked back up. "Can you handle them all?" She asked, a nervous tone in her voice.

Combat Details:

Hide contents

Opponent:

• (4) Snow Wolf
    • HP: 28
    • DMG: 20
    • MIT: 7

Turn Order:

• Husky - Hate: 0
  • Snow Wolves
  • Aster - Hate: 0

Combat Roll: